Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, I haven't read all 6 pages. But you're neglecting one thing.
The six seconds begin AT the first shot. Meaning he had three seconds (average) per subsequent shot. Presumably the first shot hit, given the shortest distance and longest time to prep for it.
That being said, I'm a firm believer that he didn't act alone.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Three shots in 6 seconds on a moving target With a WWII Carcano?

You must be very good.
View Quote

Remember, the first shot starts the clock. You only have to get two shots off in six seconds.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You seriously cannot hit a target moving slowly away from you at 60 yards? That's roughly the distance from my kitchen door to the trash can  and I routinely kill coyotes with a .22 Magnum bolt gun from a standing position.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moving?
No. Lol

Edit: if I did, then mostlikely not consistently.

You seriously cannot hit a target moving slowly away from you at 60 yards? That's roughly the distance from my kitchen door to the trash can  and I routinely kill coyotes with a .22 Magnum bolt gun from a standing position.

Let me have your .22 mag bolt gun and then I might be able to do it then.

CCI ammo, am I right?
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
WTF does that have to do with anything?
View Quote

It’s what they do.

“Hey man, did you know this fact about A?”

“But that’s not true, here, it’s shown to be false.”

“WELL THEN EXPLAIN B TO ME!”

A tiring schtick.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I always wondered why the secret service didn't check buildings with windows overlooking the route? It just seems like common sense.
View Quote

You expect the SS to put an agent in every window on a miles long route?  Or maybe superglue them shut.   A walk thru would not have accomplished anything.  

I believe it was a lone gunman, but that gunman was not LHO.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You've never shot birds or game that is moving?

lol this dudes shooting trap with a fucking AR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG7dfxk8bvM
View Quote

What does shooting trap at close range with zero deflection have to do with Carlos Hathcock trying to recreate LHO's shots with the same equipment and conditions?
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The video reenactment makes it look like an extremely easy shot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What does shooting trap at close range with zero deflection have to do with Carlos Hathcock trying to recreate LHO's shots with the same equipment and conditions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You've never shot birds or game that is moving?

lol this dudes shooting trap with a fucking AR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG7dfxk8bvM

The general preponderance of the evidence shows that Hathcock was not one of the experts who tried to duplicate the shooting that left Kennedy dead.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No I actually don’t, and I don’t care.  You’ve moved the goalposts.  There’s no checkmate, because I’ve left the table after you’ve decided to make your own rules.  Argue your falsehoods with someone who is dumb enough to fall for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know where I’m going with this and no amount of verbiage is gettin you outta checkmate.
Is the Warren Commission the swamp ?
_

No I actually don’t, and I don’t care.  You’ve moved the goalposts.  There’s no checkmate, because I’ve left the table after you’ve decided to make your own rules.  Argue your falsehoods with someone who is dumb enough to fall for them.

The Warren Commission answered to the military industrial complex. The military industrial complex killed Kennedy because Kennedy was not gonna wag the dog on Nam.
If they ^^ are not the swamp then obviously we are not playing on the same field and Epstein committed suicide and the 2020 federal elections were free and fair.
_
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The Warren Commission answered to the military industrial complex. The military industrial complex killed Kennedy because Kennedy was not gonna wag the dog on Nam.
If they ^^ are not the swamp then obviously we are not playing on the same field and Epstein committed suicide and the 2020 federal elections were free and fair.
_
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know where I'm going with this and no amount of verbiage is gettin you outta checkmate.
_

No I actually don't, and I don't care.  You've moved the goalposts.  There's no checkmate, because I've left the table after you've decided to make your own rules.  Argue your falsehoods with someone who is dumb enough to fall for them.

_
You've got some derpamine in your herpathalamus.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not saying that LHO killed JFK. I think JFK was killed by the CIA.

I am saying that this thing about Carlos Hathcock sounds like BS.

From the reenactment video, it looks like I could make the shots with a pistol.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The six seconds begin AT the first shot. Meaning he had three seconds (average) per subsequent shot. Presumably the first shot hit, given the shortest distance and longest time to prep for it.
View Quote

The first shot was actually a miss.
_
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

_
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

_
But the distance wasn't increasing all that fast. SS were walking along with the car, it was really moving along.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Literally LOLd at that post.

They walk among us.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

CCI ammo, am I right?
View Quote

Hornady Critical defense, actually.  Do you not own your own guns?
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They walk among us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They walk among us.

Yeah, that response is going down in the annals of arf history.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CCI ammo, am I right?

I don't own a .22 mag right now, so no on that one.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

LMAO, you had better re-read my post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you think hitting a 10 MOA target one out of three times at 80 yards is a feat please don't carry a firearm in public and for the love of God don't go hunting within 5 miles of another person.

LMAO, you had better re-read my post.

Yeah, nothing about his response jives with anything you said. My guess is rage response to the wrong post.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#20]
People literally created a mock up and duplicated the shot exactly with a Carcano no less.

ARF - "It's impossible"
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

_
View Quote

Earl Warren, one of the most influential liberals in American history, was a key part of a vast conspiracy on behalf of the military industrial complex. A conspiracy to kill JFK, who came into office promising to increase defense spending, who campaigned on the Missile Gap, and who had just send 20k U.S. advisors into Vietnam.

Yes, with the assistance of Hollywood and the internet you, like many others, have created your own field on which to play.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#22]
It seems ridiculous to me that people on here would consider this a hard shot with all the bragging about being able to hit like sized targets all day long standing with a red dot sight.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lol, BS.

We shoot movers at most of the Outlaw matches I go to.  We have to shoot in both directions for points to count, target speed 3-4 MPH at 500+ yards, often with friendlies scattered throughout the mover stage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo...   only a lefty would even attempt firing on a moving target moving to the right.  Oswald was right handed.  The FBI commented that the rifle was zeroed for a left handed shooter... and zeroed by shimming the scope.
We'll never know the truth about the most infamous murder in history.
Lol, BS.

We shoot movers at most of the Outlaw matches I go to.  We have to shoot in both directions for points to count, target speed 3-4 MPH at 500+ yards, often with friendlies scattered throughout the mover stage.

Now THAT sounds difficult.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know where I'm going with this and no amount of verbiage is gettin you outta checkmate.
_

No I actually don't, and I don't care.  You've moved the goalposts.  There's no checkmate, because I've left the table after you've decided to make your own rules.  Argue your falsehoods with someone who is dumb enough to fall for them.

_

Yea but I can’t do an MRI.
_
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
People literally created a mock up and duplicated the shot exactly with a Carcano no less.

ARF - "It's impossible"
View Quote

Start with a conclusion, work backward to find the evidence that meets your conclusion.

It's easy that way. Oh, and don't apply any consistency or discipline to your thinking.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You know where I’m going with this and no amount of verbiage is gettin you outta checkmate.
_
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Projection says “ hold my vodka “.
I’m trying to see where you’re coming from so I know how to educate you. Appreciate my time on this.
Do you agree that the Warren Commission is the swamp ?
_

You’ve changed the subject.

The comment you made was on the condition of the bullet and the path it took.

I’ve informed you that the bullet wasn’t pristine(this is no mystery as there are pictures of it and an ACTUAL unfired one for comparison) and the “magical” path it took, again easily disproven.

Now, you want to switch gears.  That’s what you people do.    Fuck that, I’m not playing the conspiracist’s game.

_

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#27]
So Hathcock can take out a Vietnamese general at 700 yds but can't hit jackshit at 300 feet? Really? There is a mountain of BS about the assassination. I quit listening to it decades ago.

There are a lot of delusionists who will believe anything so long as it doesn't fit the facts. A lot of books have been written and none of them agree with each other. Hmmm?
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

_
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

_

_

Nah, it wasn't the MIC over Vietnam, it was the CIA and the Mafia over Cuba.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't claim to be a expert but through the years have read a pile of stuff on JFK.

Late imports of the Carcanos were sort of bottom of the barrel and pretty lousy but those rifles in the era when LHO picked his up were actually pretty decent .

Lots of different groups recreated the shots and have gotten widely different results . I respect very much Carlos Hathcock and his skill with a rifle (not to mention his service) but somehow this claim that he couldn't make these shots seems suspect somehow.

Many of these reports on the JFK shooting were not a search for the truth but someone trying to create a big stir to sell books or get folks to watch a movie or TV show .

There are many questions about LHO and his background and of course the reasons he did the things he did .

I believe that in the end there were no magic bullets ,no snipers on the grassy knoll , no Secret Service agents letting loose  a stray round .

Just a nut case who had trained somewhat as a rifleman by the Marines with a half way decent rifle at fairly close distance with a slow moving target .

I also believe JFKs family went out of their way to hide some of his health conditions and did no favors to history hiding some weird stuff.

The real questions are who might have supported and influenced LHO and why many of the official files and documents are still sealed up 60 years after the fact.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If Biden gets re-elected they will probably just come out and say "Yeah we did it. WTF are you going to do about it"?
View Quote

Biden and the cia already made the decision to keep all the remaining secret record sealed indefinitely
The truth will never see the light of day regarding the kennedy assassination.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It seems ridiculous to me that people on here would consider this a hard shot with all the bragging about being able to hit like sized targets all day long standing with a red dot sight.
View Quote

Once you realize this isn't actually a firearms website it explains a lot. This is basically the Monty Python argument room.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Biden and the cia already made the decision to keep all the remaining secret record sealed indefinitely
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Biden gets re-elected they will probably just come out and say "Yeah we did it. WTF are you going to do about it"?

If it were Case Closed then there would be nothing to hide.
_
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Looking at the wiki page it seems like ol' Earl had it right from the get-go.

In his memoirs, Warren wrote that Oswald was incapable of being the key operative in a conspiracy, and that any high-level government conspiracy would inevitably have been discovered.[180] Newsweek magazine quoted Warren saying that, if he handled the Oswald case as a district attorney, "I could have gotten a conviction in two days and never heard about the case again."[181] Warren wrote that "the facts of the assassination itself are simple, so simple that many people believe it must be more complicated and conspiratorial to be true."[182] Warren told the Commission staff not to worry about conspiracy theories and other criticism of the report because “history will prove us right.”
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

_
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

_

_

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The people CERTAIN that it happened this way or that put an awful lot of faith in a government known to keep very important information from its subjects citizens. It also assumes the "brave men and women at the FBI" wouldn't manipulate evidence to show it happened one way or the other.

I just don't believe anything... Are we even sure Kennedy is really dead?
View Quote

Are we sure Kennedy was even white?  I saw a compelling documentary that shows he was a black man.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

_
View Quote

Oh my god, the Military Industrial Complex. This has been the boogeyman since the first production of slingshot ammo in the Stone Age. It just gets more and more loony tunes with each use of the phrase.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
In his memoirs, Warren told the Commission staff not to worry about conspiracy theories and other criticism of the report because “history will prove us right.”
View Quote

If it weren’t a conspiracy then all intel would have been declassified ( IN FULL ) 50 years ago.
_
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Oh my god, the Military Industrial Complex. This has been the boogeyman since the first production of slingshot ammo in the Stone Age. It just gets more and more loony tunes with each use of the phrase.
View Quote

Don’t you know that the grassy knoll shooters had to evade on the train tracks to get back to Stanley Kubrick so they could help write the script for the supposed “moon landing”. I heard they were caught later putting razor blades inside of Halloween candy. Damn Military Industrial Complex!
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#39]
So I actually spent the $2.99 for that Kill Zone book where this was referenced. Unfortunately there is not really any more info from that quote. AFter that he also says the moussad also tried to re-attempt the assassination attempt and also failed which is kind of goofy.

Poking around elsewhere in the book is another theory he has is that the 6.5 was actually saboted from a 30.06 to "plant" the evidence.

This is the first i'd really heard about this theory so I think this guy is just a bullshit artist writing a book for all the bullshit conspiracy theorists.

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Didn't someone ~20 years ago set up an on range mock up of the location including a moving tram of dummy targets?  They could pull it off repeatedly. It's something like 66 yards,  right?

You can believe .gov, or you can believe the craziest conspiracy theory,  but the repository to car shot was doable by someone with experience.
View Quote

More like 30 years ago.
A left handed shooter with the rifle stabilized as if on a windowsill, working the bolt with the right hand.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't claim to be a expert but through the years have read a pile of stuff on JFK.

Late imports of the Carcanos were sort of bottom of the barrel and pretty lousy but those rifles in the era when LHO picked his up were actually pretty decent .

Lots of different groups recreated the shots and have gotten widely different results . I respect very much Carlos Hathcock and his skill with a rifle (not to mention his service) but somehow this claim that he couldn't make these shots seems suspect somehow.

Many of these reports on the JFK shooting were not a search for the truth but someone trying to create a big stir to sell books or get folks to watch a movie or TV show .

There are many questions about LHO and his background and of course the reasons he did the things he did .

I believe that in the end there were no magic bullets ,no snipers on the grassy knoll , no Secret Service agents letting loose  a stray round .

Just a nut case who had trained somewhat as a rifleman by the Marines with a half way decent rifle at fairly close distance with a slow moving target .

I also believe JFKs family went out of their way to hide some of his health conditions and did no favors to history hiding some weird stuff.

The real questions are who might have supported and influenced LHO and why many of the official files and documents are still sealed up 60 years after the fact.
View Quote

Great post. Agree with all of this.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not with a scope that wasn’t zeroed and mounted incorrectly. FBI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been there, and looked out the window to the X they have painted on the street. A half ass rifle shooter could make that shot easy.

Not with a scope that wasn’t zeroed and mounted incorrectly. FBI

Ignore scope, use iron sights for shot 2 and 3.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

_

GD is all enraptured when General Flynn enlightens us on the Epstein Island bunch but when a sitting President of The United States of America warns us about the most imminent threat to our American experiment then it’s all just looney tunes ?

Eisenhower's "Military-Industrial Complex" Speech Origins and Significance

Eisenhower's Warning about the Military-Industrial Complex

_
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If it weren’t a conspiracy then all intel would have been declassified ( IN FULL ) 50 years ago.
_
View Quote

The govt classifies material they get from CNN news stories.  You are going to have to try harder than that.  

What does it matter anyway?  They could pull up to your house with a tractor trailer loaded with all the evidence and dump it in your driveway, you are not going to beleive any of it and won't even bother reading it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If it weren't a conspiracy then all intel would have been declassified ( IN FULL ) 50 years ago.
_
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In his memoirs, Warren told the Commission staff not to worry about conspiracy theories and other criticism of the report because "history will prove us right."

If it weren't a conspiracy then all intel would have been declassified ( IN FULL ) 50 years ago.
_
Would it? I was on a contract with the MDA that involved dealing with declassification and there was some pretty (at least to me) benign looking shit that people still wanted to keep classified every time the declass/reclass time limit came up.

There could be shit (people/sources/methods) in what's left of the few classified files that can't be declassed for reasons like that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Would it? I was on a contract with the MDA that involved dealing with declassification and there was some pretty (at least to me) benign looking shit that people still wanted to keep classified every time the declass/reclass time limit came up.

There could be shit (people/sources/methods) in what's left of the few classified files that can't be declassed for reasons like that.
View Quote

If Oswald was KGB it makes perfect sense that they would want none of those sources and methods released for decades.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Except for Jesse Ventura, who fumbled with the bolt on the Carcano, then proclaimed it a piece of shit due to his inability to properly cycle it.

"I'm a Navy SEAL. If I can't do it, no man can."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The shots have been duplicated numerous times by decent riflrman for various TV documentaries.

Except for Jesse Ventura, who fumbled with the bolt on the Carcano, then proclaimed it a piece of shit due to his inability to properly cycle it.

"I'm a Navy SEAL. If I can't do it, no man can."

Careful. Make Jesse look bad snd he'll sue your wife.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So I actually spent the $2.99 for that Kill Zone book where this was referenced. Unfortunately there is not really any more info from that quote. AFter that he also says the moussad also tried to re-attempt the assassination attempt and also failed which is kind of goofy.

Poking around elsewhere in the book is another theory he has is that the 6.5 was actually saboted from a 30.06 to "plant" the evidence.

This is the first i'd really heard about this theory so I think this guy is just a bullshit artist writing a book for all the bullshit conspiracy theorists.

https://i.imgur.com/Yfayw6A.png
View Quote

Hey!! The sabot theory!  I haven't hear that idiotic  idea since at least the mid 70's. It's one of my favorite "guys in a straitjacket" JFK theories.

A 6.5 bullet is not going to fit in a 30-06 sabot anyway, they were 55gr 22 caliber bullets.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

GD is all enraptured when General Flynn enlightens us on the Epstein Island bunch but when a sitting President of The United States of America warns us about the most imminent threat to our American experiment then it's all just looney tunes ?
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/200-816.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg-jvHynP9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEGpTu8sVKI
_
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

_

GD is all enraptured when General Flynn enlightens us on the Epstein Island bunch but when a sitting President of The United States of America warns us about the most imminent threat to our American experiment then it's all just looney tunes ?
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/200-816.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg-jvHynP9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEGpTu8sVKI
_
Washington did it originally.
While, then, every part of our country thus feels an immediate and particular interest in union, all the parts combined cannot fail to find in the united mass of means and efforts greater strength, greater resource, proportionably greater security from external danger, a less frequent interruption of their peace by foreign nations; and, what is of inestimable value, they must derive from union an exemption from those broils and wars between themselves, which so frequently afflict neighboring countries not tied together by the same governments, which their own rival ships alone would be sufficient to produce, but which opposite foreign alliances, attachments, and intrigues would stimulate and embitter. Hence, likewise, they will avoid the necessity of those overgrown military establishments which, under any form of government, are inauspicious to liberty, and which are to be regarded as particularly hostile to republican liberty. In this sense it is that your union ought to be considered as a main prop of your liberty, and that the love of the one ought to endear to you the preservation of the other.

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

QFTMFT
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been there, and looked out the window to the X they have painted on the street. A half ass rifle shooter could make that shot easy.

QFTMFT
Been there as well. 100% agree.  And remember the vehicle had slowed to almost a complete stop to make more than a 90 degree turn and was traveling in a straight line away from the shooter at walking speed.  Also saw a show along time ago that did replicate the shot almost perfectly.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top