Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 34
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remember Glock fan boys, Glocks in their early gens were recalled for NOT GOING OFF due to rusty internals. 

I had a couple that had to go back for shiny plated parts to be installed. 
View Quote
Not to mention issues w/ weapon mounted lights  but I have no skin in the game.  CZ/HK lover here.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#2]
My 320 dindu nuthin..
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Didn't the Army just pick oh idk a couple pallets up themselves?
View Quote
Ya. MAYBE the Army should have bothered TESTING them before deciding to choose it as the new main sidearm????
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Have it it from an active duty DPD officer; Friday an email went out, no Dallas PD officers are to carry the Sig 320 effective immediately. Officers were carrying these as authorized private purchase. RUMOR is they can discharge when dropped.
View Quote

I think Sig is about to file a defamation suit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#5]
seems like Sig USA has not gotten their shit together
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, that video sure does show the issue clearly. Interesting to see the trigger actually move like that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sig forum:

resat1199

Well some of you guys may end up knowing more than us. No range master or Sig rep this morning. Just a bunch of ****** off cops having to give up thier 320's for 226's. Trust me we want our 320's back. Plus we got ridiculed by the guys going to glock school this morning. Supposedly the weapon was drop tested and after one of the drops the trigger needed to be reset. They have also said Sig has not responded to the dept's request for help. But again that is rumor all we know is they took our 320's.

I wish one of you guys who think this is made up would have come to GT Distributors and bought me a new 226 holster.
Last edited by resat1199; 07-31-2017 at 10:20 AM.
View Quote
That sounds hauntingly like the officer I talked to today. I may or may not have ran into him at the aforementioned retail establishment.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have it it from an active duty DPD officer; Friday an email went out, no Dallas PD officers are to carry the Sig 320 effective immediately. Officers were carrying these as authorized private purchase. RUMOR is they can discharge when dropped.

Truth is an absolute defense to defamation.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
True, however, to be proven true, DPD is going to have to turn a bunch of REAL data over to Sig. Anecdotal info and rumors are defamation by default.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is NOT how you spell recall.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
If firearm companies could sue local state or federal governments for finding flaws with their products there would be no government procurement of firearms.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

IN.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
True, however, to be proven true, DPD is going to have to turn a bunch of REAL data over to Sig. Anecdotal info and rumors are defamation by default.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would also be extraordinarily bad business for Sig to sue a customer for complaining about the product.  Sig should man up and design a fix.  It might be as simple as adding a safety to the trigger.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure the issue was discovered by the FBI. An Agent Mulder, I believe.
View Quote
I WANT TO BELIEVE!
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
With a few eye witness to drop fires, a youtube video showing drop fire, and DPD simulating a drop fire, Sig will fix this.
They will not sue DPD, they will scramble for damage control and to fix the issue.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
So no police department can rescind th carry of any gun because of a possible safety issue? Can Texas DPS be sued for deciding not to issue the Smith n Wesson M&P?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I want to either see the memo or speak with an FI from DPD before I believe it.
View Quote
This. I am no Sig Fanboy either but if this is really a danger it should be out there for the public as well already.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig isn't going to sue a major agency. That's how you make sure no agency deals with you in the future.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It would also be extraordinarily bad business for Sig to sue a customer for complaining about the product.  Sig should man up and design a fix.  It might be as simple as adding a safety to the trigger.
View Quote
They may not be able to add it, because then Steyr's copyright infringement case on the P320 vs the M9 becomes even more of a slam dunk.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sig isn't going to sue a major agency. That's how you make sure no agency deals with you in the future.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

With a few eye witness to drop fires, a youtube video showing drop fire, and DPD simulating a drop fire, Sig will fix this.
They will not sue DPD, they will scramble for damage control and to fix the issue.
View Quote
Thats like saying a car company can sue if their airbags are found to be faulty by consumers report.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How so?

Multiple Glock employees have threatened lawsuits against sworn LE for saying bad things about their guns, including trying to get the departments they worked for to take disciplinary actions against the officers for reporting what they actually experienced when testing the guns.

But nobody ever pays attention to shit like that because all the autistic screeching from the Perfection brigade drowns it out.
View Quote
Name a lawsuit that was filed, that Glock won. Just name one. Can Austin TX PD be sued because they publicly pulled Fords because of carbon monoxide?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll buy one if someone needs to off load.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Didnt the FBI reject it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't the Army just pick oh idk a couple pallets up themselves?
Didnt the FBI reject it?
Yep.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I agree. They should lock themselves in the station during their shift and avoid all human contact.
View Quote
That is what I would do. Well and surf arfcom
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Reading is fundamental. These were private purchases, DPD still issues the 226.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I figured that they rescinded it in order to save money to fund the bailout of the failing pension plan.
Reading is fundamental. These were private purchases, DPD still issues the 226.
I can't read
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, they do have a Youtube video
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#32]
The Sig 320 may very well be, the BIGGEST POS out there!  Should have Ruger stamped on it!  Sig should be ashamed of itself, passing that off as a firearm!
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I can't read
View Quote
"a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest...." Simon and Garfunkle
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The Sig 320 may very well be, the BIGGEST POS out there!  Should have Ruger stamped on it!  Sig should be ashamed of itself, passing that off as a firearm!
View Quote
So what's your screen name when you aren't logged in with your troll account?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So what's your screen name when you aren't logged in with your troll account?
View Quote
He wants to know who here is gay in another thread.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't understand why so many in this thread got pissed over this news. I don't own a 320, but if I did, upon reading this if someone else started the thread I'd have more questions than counter accusations.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He wants to know who here is gay in another thread.
View Quote
If he's just trolling for dick he can pony up for a membership and peruse the HOTD forum just like everyone else.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#38]
lol.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't understand why so many in this thread got pissed over this news. I don't own a 320, but if I did, upon reading this if someone else started the thread I'd have more questions than counter accusations.
View Quote
They are really sad that their "Better than the Glock, because the Army picked it!" pistol that they have emotionally invested into isn't (yet).
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It has a firing pin safety, like just about everything else on the market.  Drop tests are pretty basic.  Color me skeptical for now.
View Quote
Agreed, and I am not a P320 fan boy in the least.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They are really sad that their "Better than the Glock, because the Army picked it!" pistol that they have emotionally invested into isn't (yet).
View Quote
Its just an object. Beside, if they're carrying their 320 as a private citizen for purely self defense, their gun is still fine. Cops have to go on offense with an exposed weapon, different circumstance than SD carry.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Sig?

[Icantfaptothis.gif]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Novel concept here...but..
DONT DROP YOUR FUCKING GUN MMMMKAY.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This, wait for the ones with an external safety. Apparently the Dallas police has small hands.
View Quote
Does Trump know this??
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Honestly, I'm not pissed over it, or at you.  I do think your post is pretty thin on details, and even with all the other forum links, we still don't have anything definitive anywhere that says what really happened, or what the inspection of the pistol reveals.

All we have is a lot of grab-assing so far.

As for that video, a lot of good points raised in the forum where it was posted.  Nobody knows the condition of that pistol, what was done to it etc.  The fact that it was done by someone deliberately hiding their identity with a hat and sunglasses indoors in a poorly lit room doesn't exactly raise a lot of confidence in the video.  In that forum thread, others had attempted to recreate that failure to no avail, or had quoted others who had.  One thing I notice is that the trigger flops around pretty damn easily in that slow motion, and only travels rearward after the pistol fires.  I'm pretty skeptical that the pistol was compromised, and I have to think that if there was a regular issue with the firearms one of the myriad internet celebrity testers would have identified it, vs some random anonymous dude in his basement.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm not gonna put a lot of info here, but the officer who told me was in a major police supply store, buying a duty holster for his Sig P226 since he could no longer carry his 320. The staff at the major police store is aware of the issue.
View Quote

That could be a Gosh Tough one to figure out where...
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That could be a Gosh Tough one to figure out where...
View Quote
Busted!
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Its just an object. Beside, if they're carrying their 320 as a private citizen for purely self defense, their gun is still fine. Cops have to go on offense with an exposed weapon, different circumstance than SD carry.
View Quote
The only reason why I don't have one yet is due to the X carry version looking SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER!

It's almost as if somebody at Sig after the fact went "You know, if we really want to sell our new pistol, perhaps it should use a grip frame that at least looks different from the failed pistol that it was based off of."  
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The only reason why I don't have one yet is due to the X carry version looking SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER!

It's almost as if somebody at Sig after the fact went "You know, if we really want to sell our new pistol, perhaps it should use a grip frame that at least looks different from the failed pistol that it was based off of."  
View Quote
I'm waiting for Magpul to make a frame
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#50]
I hate the fuckin ugly ass thing, but they didn't catch that type of problem during testing?
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top