BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because it’s nerd shit you think that gives you...power over them?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is all nerd shit anyways.
Because it’s nerd shit you think that gives you...power over them?
The power to call people nerds is insignificant, next to the power of the Force.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
They spent a billion dollars building a complete star wars city that no one has ever heard of that is not in any of the movies and made this lady the main character:

What did they expect??
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Needs more Jar-Jar...
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ah yes, real men who are clearly far to manly to ever be able to be a kid again and have fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is all nerd shit anyways.
Ah yes, real men who are clearly far to manly to ever be able to be a kid again and have fun.
I didn't like the movies when I was a kid.

The pod racer game that came with my N64 wasn't bad tho.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm done with...

...my kid thinks it's stupid too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FIFY

Pod Racing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Phantom Menace sucks

Edit: except for DARTH MAUL the podracer sequence
FIFY

Pod Racing?
Darth Maul in a Podracer; now that would have been awesome
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Needs more Jar-Jar...
View Quote
Jar-Jar was supposed to be THE Sith Lord but Lucas caved and never developed that plot line.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I think there's a much bigger issue facing studios and cable tv and tv streaming services in the long run- kids don't watch tv and movies the way the rest of us do.

My 12 year old will binge watch a half dozen episodes of Futurama or Venture Bros once a week, maybe, but otherwise has no interest in watching tv or movies.  He'd rather watch people streaming video games on Twitch, or watch 4 knuckleheads goof around on Youtube or watch badly animated stories about funny events in history on Youtube.  His friends are the same. My coworkers' preteen and teen kids are the same.

He has zero interest in anything Star Wars.  He had some of the toys when he was 6, but now it doesn't even register for him.

We've got a whole generation growing up that doesn't give a shit about Hollywood tv or movies.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#9]
the latest batch have been pure shit.  that junk with the last jedi being the worst ever, and I mean I'd sit thru jar jar binks not stop before I could see that steaming shit again.

Let me summarize the entire SJWARS since lucas left;

I'm a woman and im just as good as you
no actaully I'm better than you
enlightened women and non-whites rule the day and all white boys are evil

yeah that doesnt get my $$
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I actually liked Solo.   The Last Jedi and all its' girl power bullshit was just two much for me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Disney is pricing out the middle class which is its biggest customer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib4n2_l6X0U
View Quote
They’re disconnected from reality and the people. They keep increasing ticket prices and other things, Then they wonder why. And point fingers when they should look in the mirror.

We didn’t renew our APs because of how the price jump this year.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There's almost zero Star Wars merchandise in the stores now.  Walmart has a couple dusty diecast A-wings and Tie fighters, that's it.  Maybe a retro t-shirt once in a while.  Used to be you almost couldn't find a spot in the store where there wasn't a Star Wars licensed product within arm's reach.  Disney can blow a lot of sunshine up a lot of butts but they can't hide the exodus of licensors.
View Quote
Disney has already recouped the $4 Billion they paid Lucas for the merchandising rights; it only took them 6 years
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Kathleen Kennedy murdered it.

Disney is to soft to do SW justice.

No SW toys are selling anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Movies failed because they suck and shit on 40+ years of expanded universe content.
+1
+2
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We've got a whole generation growing up that doesn't give a shit about Hollywood tv or movies.
View Quote
Good.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Adults that say things like that for nerds etc, are all trying to cling on to their highschool years and care about things like being cool and wearing flat brimmed hats.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Most of today's kids have probably seen the first six SW episodes and recognize everything following is just the same old hash rehashed.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Though we hate the movies there is hope. It's called the Mandalorian
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Phantom Menace sucks

Edit: except for the podracer sequence
View Quote
Hey, we got the hilarious/entertaining Red Letter Media review/mockery out of that one, so it wasn't all for nothing.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Disney is trying to milk the name without having perpetuated the Star Wars culture.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"Let's write the plot by stringing together a bunch of references to the original movies with some filler in between, and we'll have characters that no one cares about that do nonsensical shit and waste a half hour of screen time sending the black guy to Space Vegas because we can't figure out what else to do with him."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Movies failed because they suck and shit on 40+ years of expanded universe content.
"Let's write the plot by stringing together a bunch of references to the original movies with some filler in between, and we'll have characters that no one cares about that do nonsensical shit and waste a half hour of screen time sending the black guy to Space Vegas because we can't figure out what else to do with him."
"Follow these simple standards & practices, and you're guaranteed to make a mediocre product, that no one can relate to"
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I used to be a star wars fan in the 80s. When the new ones came out they were okay, but cheesy and forgettable.

These new ones are worse. They're full of throwaway stories and SJW cookie cutter characters.

If what one guy said the place costs extra, has some weird SJW blue haired person no one has heard of, in a no name city, then no one will care.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#23]
The original trilogy ended 36 years ago.  Most of the parents of today's kids weren't even alive then.

The MCU movies stole Star Wars' fish after the disappointments of the prequel trilogy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Fortnite land could actually be kinda cool.

Especially if they could figure out a VR gaming experience that was unique and massively multiplayer.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Star Wars was cool at first because there was nothing like it.
Now there are lots of things like it and it doesn't do anything to stand out from the rest of them.
View Quote
Story, character development, etc etc are what ultimately made it compelling.  These are things that the new trilogy lack.  The non trilogy movies were awesome though and did just this.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Disney killed Star Wars, fans said fuck you.

Young kids know zero about Star Wars except for the new movies, the new movies suck therefore nobody wants to see Disneyfucked Star Wars land.

20 yrs ago people would be there hand over fist, now...not so much.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My 6yo told me nobody liked Star Wars anymore because they made it dumb.
View Quote
My 12 yr old said the same.

Hopefully Rey will be caught by a bounty hunter and put in a metal bikini
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Not surprised. Not just because Disney botched the story and treated SW like piggy bank, but because I don’t think Star Wars really resonates with kids as much anymore. Especially not with the paper thin characters and story arc that confounds past lore.

Everyone knows Luke Skywalker was the ultimate hero of the first trilogy. In the new trilogy he’s been relegated to a green milk drinker.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Episode 8 was a long ceremony starting with a lame valedictorian speech "Social justice is defined by Webster's dictionary as ...."  It was preachy like an anti-drunk driving high school assembly, only without the crushed car wrecked outside - instead they displayed a model the art club made out of playdough to representing the anguish of an accident - but only as it affects women and minorities.  I've put up with a lot that opens with a Lucasfilm logo, but lightsabers don't redeem 2 hours of bad plot, zero sympathetic characters, and heavy handed preaching.

And they wonder why they lost my kids?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They spent a billion dollars building a complete star wars city that no one has ever heard of that is not in any of the movies and made this lady the main character:

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/b5f76ce04b0995688eb042f1fe60a1e3/5DBB0398/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/c0.180.1440.1440/s640x640/62247749_119379205989761_7932110496219321050_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com

What did they expect??
View Quote
Mos Vibrant?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Disney is pricing out the middle class which is its biggest customer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib4n2_l6X0U
View Quote
Informative, thank you for that.

For the record, Star Wars lost me at Midi-chlorianes, Jar Jar and Darth Maul's weakest Death ever.

ETA: Rogue One and Solo are legit though.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Pretty much this.

The once decent movies recently wasere the non 'trilogy' one,s like Rouge One. and Han Solo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty much this.

The once decent movies recently wasere the non 'trilogy' one,s like Rouge One. and Han Solo
ftfy
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Casual Star Wars fan here. I don't understand everyone who shits on TFA. Honestly, the movie was fine, their goal was to tap back into the original themes that made the movies great while hoping to gloss over the disasters of the prequel trilogy.

That said, The Last Jedi was reprehensible and never should have happened.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Casual Star Wars fan here. I don't understand everyone who shits on TFA. Honestly, the movie was fine, their goal was to tap back into the original themes that made the movies great while hoping to gloss over the disasters of the prequel trilogy.

View Quote
While I do agree with you that TFA wasn't a 'bad' movie, I was annoyed that it had *yet another* death star as the main baddie weapon. Yes, I understand it was a soft reboot, and I also understand they needed some reason to get the original band back together again. Sure, it was ...serviceable.

I'ts like Trek and the Borg. Same shit, different day.

Do something original, and don't shit on your audience. (TLJ - holy shitnacks, what a terrible 'film')

m
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
While I do agree with you that TFA wasn't a 'bad' movie, I was annoyed that it had *yet another* death star as the main baddie weapon. Yes, I understand it was a soft reboot, and I also understand they needed some reason to get the original band back together again. Sure, it was ...serviceable.

Do something original, and don't shit on your audience. (TLJ - holy shitnacks, what a terrible 'film')

m
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

m
I was thinking the other day they could’ve done the story of Kyle Katarn and the Valley of the Jedi, the Force fountain and the empire remnants exploiting the fountain to flood the galaxy with Sith (similar to Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast). Or make the role of Kyle into a woman for SJW approval.

What we got, TFA, wasn’t bad but wasn’t that great. TLJ doesn’t exist in my world. Didn’t happen.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Shits been gay since Ewoks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Star Wars was cool at first because there was nothing like it.
Now there are lots of things like it and it doesn't do anything to stand out from the rest of them.
View Quote
+1 for the most part there really isn't common cultural phenomenon anymore

there are so many outlets and everything is so niche .
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I still love 4-5-6  and that last spin off rouge one was pretty good. They keep trying to redo some shit that worked once and are failing for a whole host of reasons .
View Quote
It’s gonna be hilarious when Disney decides to remake 4-5-6 to “modernize” them like they’re doing with all their other movies
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I know how to fix this franchise.

No more sequels or prequels.  Remake the originals!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#42]
They would if they made it a "cartoon", anime.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Alita Battle Angel more better
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Star Wars started to suck as soon as Darth Vader turned out to be Luke's father.
View Quote
You mean in ROTJ when the helmet was removed and we discovered that the sinister, powerful and seemingly invincible Darth Vader had actually been Humpty Dumpty all along?

Big let-down moment for me.  I've never understood how they expected that that visual was going to work with the audience.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm guessing they can't win them over because the majority can't related to a SJW freak show. People want movies that they can related to or put themselves into not normalization of SJW narratives.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I think there's a much bigger issue facing studios and cable tv and tv streaming services in the long run- kids don't watch tv and movies the way the rest of us do.

My 12 year old will binge watch a half dozen episodes of Futurama or Venture Bros once a week, maybe, but otherwise has no interest in watching tv or movies.  He'd rather watch people streaming video games on Twitch, or watch 4 knuckleheads goof around on Youtube or watch badly animated stories about funny events in history on Youtube.  His friends are the same. My coworkers' preteen and teen kids are the same.

He has zero interest in anything Star Wars.  He had some of the toys when he was 6, but now it doesn't even register for him.

View Quote
I was gonna we're a long rant about how I hate Disney. But this is true(with my 14 year old and his friends ) and more significant
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Star Wars is a great franchise that went into the wrong direction by people who don't know what it is about. The writing stinks, the plot lines too thin and I agree no character building. Disney is just making movies for the sake of making money and not pleasing fans. I was really looking forward to "The Force Awakens" years ago but it failed miserably. A girl with no prior training is able to keep up with Kylo Ren who has been trained by the best, is supposed to be realistic. I know the movies are not real but it would be like putting a Samurai against just a farmer with no combat skills. So much for the franchise.
View Quote
It's more an issue of not respecting the fans. They don't appreciate where the fans are coming from so they miscalculate what the fan wants (and will pay through the nose for).  They think the fans are stupid and will buy into it just because it has Star Wars on it but they can still pat themselves on the back for putting out socially responsible content.

I remember when Drew Barrymore starred in the relaunch of Charlie's Angels. She was making some vapid female empowerment comments about how they were sending a message to little girls about being powerful and not using guns...because apparently it's more realistic to teach little girls that you can defeat big scary men armed with rocket launchers by using your mad gymnastics and makeup skillz.

Same with Captain Marvel. You're making a low-brow superhero action movie. Don't try to massage your art-school sensibilities by pretending you're making an important contribution to the soul of the culture.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#49]
They’re not going to turn things around until they come out and say that they ducked up. They were wrong, they’re sorry, and they’re going to fix things by doing x, y, and z. Until then, it’s just spin and they’re really going to try continuing down the same road that they’re on, but blow smoke up our kilts at the same time.

Leftists seem to be perfectly happy burning piles of cash and destroying their own careers and companies if it serves their goal. Bizarre people.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah, that made splinter of the minds eye rather awkward.
View Quote
I thought that novel would have been a much better sequel.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top