BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're wrong. You have no idea how wrong you are. 100% of the CEOs of my division have coke and H problems. I know, because I've SEEN it. One of them has done coke for at least the 20 years I've known him. This isn't a ringing endorsement for drugs. I'm not a fan.

However, you're ignorant.

ETA: This isn't meant to be an insult. Most people who aren't exposed to drugs have no idea how prolific they are on the street, let alone in big business offices.
View Quote
You would be the ignorant one my friend.   I have seen Heroin up close and personal.  I have watched it destroy countless young lives.  Stories are all the same - kids have a sports injury, get a bottle of Percocet.  Like the Percocet.   Score more until their tolerance builds up to where percs and dormin doesn’t cut it any more.    Then they switch to heroin because they can’t afford Percocets anymore.   I have brought my son back from death through cpr.    If you think there are functional Heroin users then you my friend just did a button yourself

Given time - there are no victimless Heroin users.  Period.

So now you can go tell other people how they are ignorant and a little H won’t cause them any harm.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So even in the face of demonstrable failure, with plenty of historical data to exemplify WHY you're failing, you latch on still.

Since you seem to take offense to the freedom argument, you surely can acknowledge the fact your war has completely failed and is a financial boondoggle that's done nothing but expand the government?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see someone else gets it.
Did we make it in before the freedom crowd and the it is my body to do with what I want crowd.
So even in the face of demonstrable failure, with plenty of historical data to exemplify WHY you're failing, you latch on still.

Since you seem to take offense to the freedom argument, you surely can acknowledge the fact your war has completely failed and is a financial boondoggle that's done nothing but expand the government?
Come on now..........another 50+ years and a couple trillion dollars and we'll have this War on Drugs licked........
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You would be the ignorant one my friend.   I have seen Heroin up close and personal.  I have watched it destroy countless young lives.  Stories are all the same - kids have a sports injury, get a bottle of Percocet.  Like the Percocet.   Score more until their tolerance builds up to where percs and dormin doesn’t cut it any more.    Then they switch to heroin because they can’t afford Percocets anymore.   I have brought my son back from death through cpr.    If you think there are functional Heroin users then you my friend just did a button yourself

Given time - there are no victimless Heroin users.  Period.

So now you can go tell other people how they are ignorant and a little H won’t cause them any harm.
View Quote
You're wrong. Period.

Demonstrably. I do find your instance about anything being universally true very humorous, though.

So just so we're clear, you have anecdotal evidence, so you're right. But my anecdotal evidence is wrong because of... reasons?

But hey, if you say that 100% of examples support you, then you must be right. Afterall, insistence that 100% of anything happens a certain way isn't silly at all, right?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Come on now..........another 50+ years and a couple trillion dollars and we'll have this War on Drugs licked........
View Quote
You're right... we've only given it 5 decades. Well... and the few decades before it had that pleasant name. I think 150 years would be a good time frame
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m pretty sure by your views that you are a drug user.......
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’m pretty sure by your views that you are a drug user.......
View Quote
Never done a single illicit drug.

But hey, if either of us wanted to, we could pay a 9 year old kid to pick up some on any downtown street corner. That's how effective your stupid viewpoint on drugs is. But hey, like the post above said, let's wait a few more decades.

Out of curiosity, could you guys give a deadline so we can figure out if it's working? You know, just keep things on the level? Will we know if prohibition has worked by 2100, for instance?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So you're both admitting to the war on drugs being a miserable failure, and lashing out me for pointing it out to you?

And you're heavily invested in it to, like every other tax paying American getting fleeced.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cartels wouldn't have the income stream to begin with if you didn't create the demand for the product which you seem heavily invested in.

You disgust me.

So you're both admitting to the war on drugs being a miserable failure, and lashing out me for pointing it out to you?

And you're heavily invested in it to, like every other tax paying American getting fleeced.
You failed to address the fact that the only reason murderous mexican cartels exist to begin with is because users in this country create the demand for their product.

Think about that the next time you smoke a bowl.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You failed to address the fact that the only reason murderous mexican cartels exist to begin with is because users in this country create the demand for their product.

View Quote
Don't do drugs. I think they make you stupid... not so stupid as to believe that prohibition works because only a real wonky dude would think that... but still.

So again, since your war on drugs has failed to curb drug flow or demand, when do you hang up the towel? How many more decades do you intend on throwing my money in the trash?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:05:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Eh.  It's different, but by far not even close to the worst thing they have done on camera.

Cutting a guys stomach open and pulling his guts out while he is still alive tops this.

I think they skinned some girl alive in another video.  Was years ago, though.  Maybe just her face...
View Quote
Pretty sure it was a guy and they castrated him too. There's a pic of they're finished work. Forearms down with one hand holding his genitals. Skinned face/decapitated head sitting in the center.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't know why the decent people simply haven't begun randomly killing drug dealers.
View Quote
you gotta have brass balls to use a break action 20 gauge against 5-10 guys with ar's AK's, m60's, helocopters,RPGs, and ohyeah armored vehicles. Plus every cop in 500 miles on their payroll, and they dont just kill you, theytorrutre your to death, and your wife and kid have it happen to them first in front of you.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cartels wouldn't have the income stream to begin with if you didn't create the demand for the product which you seem heavily invested in.

You disgust me.

lol,same argument was probably made during Prohibition.

And before you tell me to smoke a bowl,I've never done any drugs,never used tobacco or alcohol either (short of wine growing up hard core Catholic).
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why do you believe they're doing what the do? And how do you believe they will support their literal armies losing 96% of their revenue stream (and the other 4% will be hard to maintain?)

Do you seriously believe when they lose their illegal drug revenue, they will say "Ok, then lets go around murdering people for no reason what-so-ever, and hopefully our soldiers will be OK without being paid?" They couldn't extort enough money to survive without drug revenue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once illicit drugs are legalized here in Estados Unidos, the mexican cartels will dispose of the chainsaws, axes, and sharp knives they previously used to horrifically torture and murder the competition AND innocent bystanders with.  At that point, the now-upright cartel businessmen will then aspire to wear three piece designer suits and adopt the U.S. pharmaceutical drug business model.  Everything will be fine!

Why do you believe they're doing what the do? And how do you believe they will support their literal armies losing 96% of their revenue stream (and the other 4% will be hard to maintain?)

Do you seriously believe when they lose their illegal drug revenue, they will say "Ok, then lets go around murdering people for no reason what-so-ever, and hopefully our soldiers will be OK without being paid?" They couldn't extort enough money to survive without drug revenue.
They're doing it to send a message. To other cartels, police, military, civilians. The message is dont cross us. I suppose they're probably fighting for territory/drug routes to sell their products. If drugs became legal, they'd probably take their money and build legit pharm production facilities. I'd imagine from there they'd settle some disputes in whatever legal systems they have down there, but would probably still butcher each other to resolve issues if the situation called for it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They're doing it to send a message. To other cartels, police, military, civilians. The message is dont cross us. I suppose they're probably fighting for territory/drug routes to sell their products. If drugs became legal, they'd probably take their money and build legit pharm production facilities. I'd imagine from there they'd settle some disputes in whatever legal systems they have down there, but would probably still butcher each other to resolve issues if the situation called for it.
View Quote
History can point to what would happen. They'd go into business legitimately, then embrace lobbying as their new form of corruption, and the government would embrace all the new licensing and tax corruption.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There are more than 2 sides to the illicit narcotics business.  There are many sides.

Banks

Gov't, to include foreign services, internal anti-drug police
Foreign governments

Money launderers
Kingpins
Smugglers/distribution network
Refiners
Growers

Local peddlers
Customers

The banks certainly don't want legalization, because they already have a low-cost network of retards who are willing to:

Consume, grow, refine, smuggle, manage, money-launder, use as off-books revenue generation for foreign activities, and distribute without any W-2s, no worker's comp, no paid vacations, no healthcare plans, no OSHA, while they can literally get caught for being involved in the trade and pay a small fine in the unlikely event that a brave prosecutor survives and is able to get traction with a case.

The foreign kingpins are not in control of the drug trade, and can be wiped out if they ever go off the reservation or don't play ball.  They are expendable, just like everyone else downstream, with the customers being the most expendable point of the whole scheme.

The people who listened to their outhouse economist/lawyer argument for legalization need to stop consuming the product, get clean for a little bit, and think about who actually controls the drug industry.

Legalization would crush profitability for banks, collapse many economies around the world, and destabilize existing financial networks, while pulling smuggling networks from the intelligence services of every G-20 nation.

Good luck!
View Quote
Is that  bug or a feature?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The US has never recovered from Prohibition.

Prohibition created complicit city councils, Senators, Congressmen, Governors, and police departments in the illicit trade, corrupting whatever wasn't corrupted already almost overnight.

We are still dealing with the continual residual effects of prohibition in our society, many of which embraced the illicit narcotics trade.

Look at any major US city, for example.  Corruption is endemic to the system, and provided the financing for the profiteers to buy off government decades ago.
View Quote
Excellent point!
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK: Cartels Batting Practice

ISIS picked up some ideas from these guys I’m pretty sure. 

Absolutely brutal.
View Quote
That's pretty tame actually.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#17]
People should look into Heroin (and other drug) use in our Nation's history. How it was largely unregulated and largely out of control. That's some history folks don't think about. It's not because of "reasons".
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The war on drugs is a business that fuels government spending and expansion. What do I know though. I have only been born and raised in a border town
View Quote
Born on a front porch in San Juan, Texas here
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Drugs are a victimless crime, Mmkay?
View Quote
True.

But prohibitions against them create black markets, which are violent.  ....mmkay.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:30:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
People should look into Heroin (and other drug) use in our Nation's history. How it was largely unregulated and largely out of control. That's some history folks don't think about. It's not because of "reasons".
View Quote
lol,glad it got fixed with government involvement.................
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Don't do drugs. I think they make you stupid... not so stupid as to believe that prohibition works because only a real wonky dude would think that... but still.

So again, since your war on drugs has failed to curb drug flow or demand, when do you hang up the towel? How many more decades do you intend on throwing my money in the trash?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're opposition to the WOD is purely altruistic then?

Whatever, dude....
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#22]
How is this worse than the over 400 Mexicans killed with guns provided by the Obama administration?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:38:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Whatever, dude....
View Quote
Altruistic? No. It's because I like to keep my money AND freedom. So really, it's selfish.

You, on the other hand, support the mechanism that empowers murderers and terrorists. Hmm, so if my vocal support to decriminalization makes me a dope fiend, what does supporting the manner of operation a terrorist makes his money off of make you?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When the WoD is taken seriously, then maybe we'll see some positive results. But no, that won't happen when DC has the highest cocaine use per capita in the Nation, when we have an entertainment industry targeting the youth and glorifying drug use, when we have Mothers and Fathers hooked on painkillers, and grade schoolers being pumped full of mind-numbing prescriptions as a way to keep them still, we won't see positive results from the WoD. We've given up. It's time to take the WoD seriously.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Maybe that could have something to do with why those drugs are legal.
View Quote
Right.  No one ever murdered anyone over alcohol, it's sale, the exclusive right to sell it in certain areas, etc...

lol
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

When the WoD is taken seriously, then maybe we'll see some positive results. But no, that won't happen when DC has the highest cocaine use per capita in the Nation, when we have a entertainment industry targeting the youth and glorifying drug use, when we have Mothers and Fathers hooked on painkillers, and grade schoolers being pumped full of mind-numbing prescriptions as a way to keep them still, we won't see positive results from the WoD. We've given up. It's time to take the WoD seriously.
View Quote
haha so trillions of dollars, billions of man hours, hundreds of government tasks forces and agencies outnumbering some European armies, and thousands of new laws later, you've diagnosed the problem as "We need to do more."

Holy fuck.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:43:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Altruistic? No. It's because I like to keep my money AND freedom. So really, it's selfish.

You, on the other hand, support the mechanism that empowers murderers and terrorists. Hmm, so if my vocal support to decriminalization makes me a dope fiend, what does supporting the manner of operation a terrorist makes his money off of make you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever, dude....

Grounded in reality, since none-users aren't creating the insatiable demand that fuels / funds the extreme violence this thread is all about.  

You on the other hand, are fully complicit in expanding the demand.  Be proud.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't know why the decent people simply haven't begun randomly killing drug dealers.
View Quote
That's exactly what it took to end the cartels in Columbia.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:44:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
haha so trillions of dollars, billions of man hours, hundreds of government tasks forces, and thousands of new laws later, you've diagnosed the problem as "We need to do more."

Holy fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the WoD is taken seriously, then maybe we'll see some positive results. But no, that won't happen when DC has the highest cocaine use per capita in the Nation, when we have a entertainment industry targeting the youth and glorifying drug use, when we have Mothers and Fathers hooked on painkillers, and grade schoolers being pumped full of mind-numbing prescriptions as a way to keep them still, we won't see positive results from the WoD. We've given up. It's time to take the WoD seriously.
haha so trillions of dollars, billions of man hours, hundreds of government tasks forces, and thousands of new laws later, you've diagnosed the problem as "We need to do more."

Holy fuck.
Damn right. What's your kid's future worth?

ETA: You think about it. I can try everyday to prove to my little girl "drugs are bad" but to only have entire industries (plural) telling her only drugs can fix her and getting high (and then hooked on) is so "cool".
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Grounded in reality, since none-users aren't creating the insatiable demand that fuels / funds the extreme violence this thread is all about.  

View Quote
Oh, I see. You're still accusing me of being a drug user. That's how you know your argument is a doozy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:46:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're so close to actually stating the underlying problem and why prohibition doesn't work that I can't believe you haven't already thought of it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Holy fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck.
And don't forget the WoD being the all purpose excuse for government types to wipe their ass with our Constitution.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They mostly are, when legal. Prohibition breeds violence, just like this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drugs are a victimless crime, McKay?
Legalizing pot has driven the price of it up so high, the illegal market is thriving.

Right now, illegal weed is faaaaaar cheaper than the legal stuff.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn this place is full of drug addicts.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You're so close to actually stating the underlying problem and why prohibition doesn't work that I can't believe you haven't already thought of it.
View Quote
Why, it's almost like he's admitting his war on drugs has failed to curb the demand he admits is fueling the problem.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck.
You can't keep your kids out of the drugs without getting the Feds involved?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

And don't forget the WoD being the all purpose excuse for government types to wipe their ass with our Constitution.
View Quote
By estimate as discussed above, the "WoD" has been going on nearly 100 years.

Will the proponents please set a date when we can accept defeat? I like even numbers, so 150 years work for you all?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Serious question for you:

Can prohibition lower the demand for mind altering substances?

Yes or no.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol. Except it aint funny.

Drugs are absolutely destroying a family member, and will impact their kids for life, and the rest of the family that cares for them and it has nothing to do with the law.

Drugs have had a far worse impact in this country in lives lost and fortunes lost than all the terrorist attacks in the entire world, combined.

The war on drugs has not been effective, except at infringing on liberty.

But drugs will pile up victims faster than just about anything else, whether they are legal or not.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck.
There are entire industries out there parents must compete with
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Will the proponents please set a date when we can accept defeat? I like even numbers, so 150 years work for you all?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're just a few no knock raids and a handful of civil asset forfeitures away from getting this thing licked.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:53:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They're just a few no knock raids and a handful of civil asset forfeitures away from getting this thing licked.
View Quote
You must be a major drug addict if you are capable of recognizing the financial, civil liberty, and violent costs of the War on Drugs. Only a nefarious drug addict would be capable of understanding demonstrable sociology, documented history, or even basic arithmetic.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck.
I'll take that as a no.

So tell me, by what right does this government have a say in what substances you do and don't put in your body?  I would think a free people would blanch at the very idea.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

ETA: You think about it. I can try everyday to prove to my little girl "drugs are bad" but to only have entire industries (plural) telling her only drugs can fix her and getting high (and then hooked on) is so "cool".
View Quote
It takes a village, right?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You must be a major drug addict if you are capable of recognizing the financial, civil liberty, and violent costs of the War on Drugs. Only a nefarious drug addict would be capable of understanding demonstrable sociology, documented history, or even basic arithmetic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah, pot needles everywhere around my place.  You wouldn't believe it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'll take that as a no.

So tell me, by what right does this government have a say in what substances you do and don't put in your body?  I would think a free people would blanch at the very idea.
View Quote
If Im paying for it, I have a right to say no.

As soon as drug users arent also using my money for their treatment and all the follow on societal disfunction, legalize em all you want.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's going to take more than what we've been throwing at it lately.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, pot needles everywhere around my place.  You wouldn't believe it.
View Quote

The WoD is one of those things I used to think "Well yea, obviously that's a good thing." But once I decided to educate myself on it, I realized there is no way a reasonable, rational person could support this.

The only two excuses are actual statists or ignorant people.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:58:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
And people want to go on a vacation there.
I will never go there and spend any money.
View Quote
Thought that I was the only one...
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top