BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 358
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

isn't Arya's sword Needle Valyrian steel?  I think it is.
View Quote
Nah, castle forged steel made at Winterfell.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's pretty much across the board. Critics, reviewers, youtube comments, message board posts, people I know, etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe I am alone in this, but I am not a fan of Daenerys.

(Almost done with S7)
You are certainly not alone.  IME, it seems the bigger a fan a person is of the show/books the less likely they are to like Daenerys while the more casual a person is in their fandom the more likely they are to like her.  Most of the people I know that like her probably couldn't even tell you her full name. Take away her dragons and I bet her popularity would plummet.

It also doesn't help that Emilia Clarke is a shit actress. Especially compared to the other actors on the show.  Hell, 11 year old Maisie Williams in S1 with ZERO acting experience was a better actress than Emilia Clarke is.  Kit Harrington use to be pretty bad too, but I think he's definitely improved.
Why do people not like her?

I just find that she comes across as being very naive on the world and it gets people killed.
She is an annoying Mary Sue (or at least an attempt at one) that the show runners keep desperately trying to convince the audience how badass she is (often at the expense of other characters) in an attempt to get everyone rooting for her.  The more they ram her down the audience's throat the more it seems people are annoyed.

In the S6 episode "Blood of My Blood" the Dothraki are already following her but the showrunners felt it was necessary to have yet another "look how badass Daenerys is" scene by having her ride on Drogon's back while giving a motivational speech to a group of people that didn't need motivation.  They undoubtedly spent a big chunk of their CGI budget on that one scene meanwhile after episode 2 we have a living direwolf on screen for about 20 seconds the rest of the season.

In addition it seems some people don't like how she has had a relatively easy ride the past 5 seasons compared to most of the other major characters.
Interesting insight.

When you say people have the opinion, was it critics,  reviewers etc?
It's pretty much across the board. Critics, reviewers, youtube comments, message board posts, people I know, etc.
Just finished S7.

As you said, they are trying way to hard to push the Dany role. Everyone has a part in the series, but they are pushing hers to eye rolling levels.

Even if she was a better actress,  I dont think it would matter.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote
Except there's no salt there.

The whole planet is still 'beneath a bleeding star' as the red comet is still up there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I like Jaime, but unless he somehow grows another right hand I don't see how.  Ever since his maiming he has struggled to beat standard enemies one-on-one.

His Valyrian steel sword will definitely help though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously Jamie is going to be the man when finally hell breaks loose.  Kinda man crushin on him.
I like Jaime, but unless he somehow grows another right hand I don't see how.  Ever since his maiming he has struggled to beat standard enemies one-on-one.

Maybe he'll get a dragonglass stabby hand attachment?
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
No. Her knife is, but Jon had the Winterfell blacksmith make Needle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The whole planet is still 'beneath a bleeding star' as the red comet is still up there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Tears are rather salty
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Arya kills and becomes the ZombieDragon’s rider (He is the one chasing her in the dark).

She rides back and slays the Night King (Brandon wargs the ZombieDragon).
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The trailer is #1 in trending with already 23M views.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#9]
can someone explain to me how Ayra survived half a dozen or more stab wounds to the abdomen
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The problems with dragontits is this. Her tits are her only endearing quality. She stopped showing them.... all that’s left is a no talent actress that’s being forced on the viewers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting insight.

When you say people have the opinion, was it critics,  reviewers etc?
The problems with dragontits is this. Her tits are her only endearing quality. She stopped showing them.... all that’s left is a no talent actress that’s being forced on the viewers.
And they aren't even that good compared to some of the other tits on the show.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't think so. It was forged at Winterfell for Arya as a gift from John. I don't think anyone in Winterfell had the skill or the materials.

ETA - already answered. Doh!
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If the red comet simply being somewhere “up there” satisfies “beneath a bleeding star” then there is most definitely salt there (even if just a trace amount).  There is even more evidence in the books.

Jon is Azor Ahai. He is the song of ice (Lyanna) and fire (Rhaegar).

Link Posted: 3/6/2019 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That's crazy. There were like 14M views when I watched it late last night.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Do we know if Bron goes to Winterfell yet?
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
can someone explain to me how Ayra survived half a dozen or more stab wounds to the abdomen
View Quote
Not only that, but it seemed to have about as much effect on her as a case of mild food poisoning.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was actually wondering about his role the rest of the way just yesterday.

Bronn isn't the type of guy to do something heroic for others out of the goodness of his heart (especially when it will most likely result in his death) so him going to Winterfell on his own would be extremely out of character.  But then if he stays in KL he can't be in scenes with Cersei so that limits his activity there. I mean I guess they could have Qyburn speak to Bronn for her or something.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
He'll probably jail break the surviving Sands and head up there or to Dorne.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He'll probably jail break the surviving Sands
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unfortunately for Bronn his Bad Pussy (best tits on the show, BTW) and her sisters are all dead.

Speaking of Dorne, that has to be the most ridiculous storyline the show has had. I mean seriously, here is the logic: "the former-mistress of our ruler's dead younger brother just murdered our ruler and his son in cold blood so let's make the former-mistress our ruler."
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously Jamie is going to be the man when finally hell breaks loose.  Kinda man crushin on him.

You jest but if he could regain his sword hand that way & combine it with dragon glass, he’d be amazing...

Downside is that I think dragon glass is pretty brittle if I recall that’s why it was mostly in arrowheads or daggers, not swords that clash against steel or shields.

It’s also sad that we only had one really visual swordfight with Jaime in good health with both hands. Allegedly one of the best in the world, but only one sword scene in S1 with Ned.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Unfortunately for Bronn his Bad Pussy (best tits on the show, BTW) and her sisters are all dead.

Speaking of Dorne, that has to be the most ridiculous storyline the show has had. I mean seriously, here is the logic: "the former-mistress of our ruler's dead younger brother just murdered our ruler and his son in cold blood so let's make the former-mistress our ruler."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It really is bizarre, especially considering the Dornish reputation for holding grudges when people killed their rulers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Game Of Thrones Season 8 Trailer - Golden Company Explained
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Gendry done rowing?  Looked like him at :57....
View Quote
You must have missed season 7...
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah she would have died without modern medial treatment.  Sometimes you just have to turn off reality when watching shows about dragons and magic.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Bronn isn't the type of guy to do something heroic for others out of the goodness of his heart (especially when it will most likely result in his death) so him going to Winterfell on his own would be extremely out of character.  But then if he stays in KL he can't be in scenes with Cersei so that limits his activity there. I mean I guess they could have Qyburn speak to Bronn for her or something.
View Quote
Cersei wanted Bronn punished, and she hates him for being Tyrion's man before he was Jamie's right hand and he knows his life expectancy is pretty fooking short hanging out in Kings Landing as a solo act. He'll catch up to Jamie and ride north, IF Jamie hasn't already sent him on a side mission to get more men. The smart move would be for Jamie to send his trusted man to gather Lannister forces from other locations and move them north before Cersei sends a raven telling them not to obey Jamie.

Besides, Bronn wants a castle and a highborn wife. He knows the best bet to get that and to survive the winter is to side with the Northern forces.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah she would have died without modern medial treatment.  Sometimes you just have to turn off reality when watching shows about dragons and magic.
View Quote
I had a thought that maybe she did die and the faceless man took her face?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Is Dany going to give up the chance of being on the Iron Throne if Jon's true claim comes to light?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Is Dany going to give up the chance of being on the Iron Throne if Jon's true claim comes to light?
View Quote
I forgot where we left off. Does anyone know Jons true lineage a side from the little cripple?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I forgot where we left off. Does anyone know Jons true lineage a side from the little cripple?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't Sam figure it out at the end of the season?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I believe that Sam and Gilly know as well...
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Interesting.  Since GOT is inspired by the War of the Roses, I wonder if they are going to have the Golden Company switch sides in the final battle, which similar to how Henry VII ended the War of the Roses.

"Richard divided his army, which outnumbered Henry's, into three groups (or "battles"). One was assigned to the Duke of Norfolk and another to the Earl of Northumberland. Henry kept most of his force together and placed it under the command of the experienced Earl of Oxford. Richard's vanguard, commanded by Norfolk, attacked but struggled against Oxford's men, and some of Norfolk's troops fled the field. Northumberland took no action when signalled to assist his king, so Richard gambled everything on a charge across the battlefield to kill Henry and end the fight. Seeing the King's knights separated from his army, the Stanleys intervened; Sir William led his men to Henry's aid, surrounding and killing Richard. After the battle Henry was crowned king below an oak tree in nearby Stoke Golding, now a residential garden."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bosworth_Field
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I suspect they marry just like Henry VII (Lancaster heir) and Elizabeth of York (York heir) to end the War of the Roses.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I suspect they marry just like Henry VII (Lancaster heir) and Elizabeth of York (York heir) to end the War of the Roses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which would be ironic considering the mad king was mad because of incest related issues.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't recall the level of influence dragontits had over Drogo when he gave Viserys his golden crown, but her reaction afterwards was certainly not "you killed my brother, you bastard!" but more "meh, he was in my way, and was going to be killed anyway."  And with the amount of people she's dragoncued over the seasons, I don't see her as giving two shits about Jon's true claim to the throne.  And with Dumb & Dumber's SJW "womyn power" themes, I don't see it as being a roadblock for her anyway.....
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Cersei wanted Bronn punished, and she hates him for being Tyrion's man before he was Jamie's right hand and he knows his life expectancy is pretty fooking short hanging out in Kings Landing as a solo act. He'll catch up to Jamie and ride north, IF Jamie hasn't already sent him on a side mission to get more men. The smart move would be for Jamie to send his trusted man to gather Lannister forces from other locations and move them north before Cersei sends a raven telling them not to obey Jamie.

Besides, Bronn wants a castle and a highborn wife. He knows the best bet to get that and to survive the winter is to side with the Northern forces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe, but that would be out of character for Bronn as well.

Remember Bronn's reaction to Jaime after their first encounter with Drogon?  "Dragons are where our partnerships ends.  I'm not going to be around when those things start spitting fire on Kings Landing."  After saying that it would be a complete 180 to decide he's going to march North to help fight 100,000+ wights.

Bronn wants a castle and a highborn beauty for a wife, but he's also shown he's not willing tackle nearly impossible odds to do it.  Fighting the Mountain, fighting dragons (again), etc.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Rewatch her "I AM THE KING QUEEN" scene with Jon where she is channeling Joffrey.  What do you think?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Which would be ironic considering the mad king was mad because of incest related issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find it kinda funny when you see people making fun of Joffrey for being inbred because his mother and father are siblings and his grandparents were cousins.  Meanwhile some of those same people worship Daenerys who is the result of 1,000+ years of inbreeding.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bronn risked life and limb to the extreme when he tackled Jaime out of the way of the dragon fire....  though i suppose he knows he aint getting paid if Jaime dies.  Still, that was going above and beyond his job description.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just Sam and maybe Gilly.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Rewatch her "I AM THE KING QUEEN" scene with Jon where she is channeling Joffrey.  What do you think?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was prior to knowing she was fucking her nephew.

Westeros the West Virginia of the GOT world?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
She gonna die
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did he not give that to lady Brienne or w.e the fuck her name is?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Bronn risked life and limb to the extreme when he tackled Jaime out of the way of the dragon fire....  though i suppose he knows he aint getting paid if Jaime dies.  Still, that was going above and beyond his job description.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bronn had just lost his bag of gold and, like you said, if he didn't step in he would have gotten nothing.  Plus doing something in the heat of the moment is a bit different than making a decision and then traveling 1,500 miles thinking about it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, Oathkeeper.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think she cares.  She's been working towards this for a LONG time and now that she's nearly there she is going to give up because some new player joins the game that has a better claim than her?  A new player that she could crush in under an hour if she wanted to?

Not that she's alone in this belief.  I don't think any of the other rulers that want power would back off either.  However, the show doesn't attempt to portray those other rulers as walking on water either.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sam was the one who told the little cripple about it, otherwise he wouldn't have known about it.

Quoted:

Remember Bronn's reaction to Jaime after their first encounter with Drogon?  "Dragons are where our partnerships ends.  I'm not going to be around when those things start spitting fire on Kings Landing."  After saying that it would be a complete 180 to decide he's going to march North to help fight 100,000+ wights.

Bronn wants a castle and a highborn beauty for a wife, but he's also shown he's not willing tackle nearly impossible odds to do it.  Fighting the Mountain, fighting dragons (again), etc.
I think Bronn talks a tough game, but deep down he has a conscious and certain code of honor that trumps his greed.

Think like in Star Wars when Han Solo abandoned the rebel forces after he got his payment, but then shows up unexpectedly
to help destroy the Death Star when he didn't have to.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bronn has 3 choices. Stay with Jamie, side with Cersei (who hates him), or strike out on his own. Staying with Jamie is the only logical choice for a guy like Bronn to get what he wants.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ice was used to form Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail.

Tywin gave Oathkeeper to Jaime.  Jaime gave it to Brienne.

Widow's Wail (he really was a cunt) was given to Joffrey by Tywin.  Joffrey died.  Tommen got the sword.  Tommen died.  Jaime got the sword.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yes, Oathkeeper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, Oathkeeper.
He carries Widow's Wail now, which is also Valyrian steel.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top