Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 358
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Not going to lie, I find them all pretty attractive lol.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bullshit. I guaran fucking tee you that if Arya had saved Jon you would be missing and moaning even more about how he had to be saved by a little girl because wamenz!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ve given it some thought and I’m moderately happy with episode 3 but I think if it went like this I would have been made whole.

Jon slides under the wight viserion and stabs it’s throat destroying it, he runs into the orchard to see the night kings ice spear flying into Theon who is in front of bran protecting him(this happens in slow motion). Jon then lunges at the night king and he immediately draws his blade and blocks Jon’s attack. The night king proceeds to fuck Jon up to the point of certain death, all while Theon lays slumped over brans chair, right before the death blow to Jon, it will appear that the last stark men will all die at once(thus terrifying the viewers) that’s when Arya will come flying in and pulls her stunt shit.

All while playing the night king theme song.
THAT I could live with.
Bullshit. I guaran fucking tee you that if Arya had saved Jon you would be missing and moaning even more about how he had to be saved by a little girl because wamenz!!!
Lol. I dunno which is worse, your luck at presumption, or your spelling, but I will tell you this.
Guaranfuckingteeing to another person,  what they will or will not do before they do it, is just a bad fuckin gamble bro.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’ve never seen Arya fly before. Tell me again how that’s not deus ex machina.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She has been training how to be a killer the whole series by some of the best in both Westeros and Essos.  Seriously, 90% + of the complaints are people that aren't paying attention to what is happening in the show.

Here's some truth for you

https://preview.redd.it/bg6le2vfdev21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=daee47cd7c95379d7f59a53d05b3584575be0742

and louder for people in the back

https://external-preview.redd.it/nBaHmh5rsy0kpEskyaCK2uSW_uycLNZ_YZ1vko8HlMY.jpg?auto=webp&s=63ef272ef4b41a6519b019faad476b19d3e36fe9

And the people who say Arya is deus ex machina and don't even know what that means, it saved Jon Snow many times in the show like benjen coming out of nowhere to save him.  For such a great fighter, he got his ass kicked by Karl Tanner, a nobody, until one of Craster's wives stabbed Karl in the back.  Jon Snow was getting his ass kicked by a Thenn in Battle on the Wall until he luckily found a hammer right next to the spot he was getting choked to death.  He was being beat by the WW at Hardhome until his Valyrian steel sword saved him by suprising and stunning the WW that had never seen a human weapon that could block their magic ice weapons.

Deus ex machina would be killing the NK by Melisandre or Bran using some firegod or weirwood tree magic that nobody has heard of before.
I’ve never seen Arya fly before. Tell me again how that’s not deus ex machina.
You keep saying this shit, stfu. She isn't flying she's jumping. Is it a dramatic TV overstatement? Sure. But she isn't superman.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
4 / 3 / 2 / 1
View All Quotes
3/2/4/1  
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I hope young Bran wakes up from his fall and goes "A dream, it was all a dream!"

Fade to black.
View Quote
No, no.  Last episode will end with Jon enjoying dinner with his family as the new King of the 7 Kingdoms when Bronn walks in wearing a Members Only jacket . . .
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
3/2/4/1  
View All Quotes
Maisie > Rose > Sophie > Natalie

Sophie beats out Natalie only because Margaery might as well have had CONNIVING SLUT branded on her forehead.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sophie beats out Natalie only because Margaery might as well have had CONNIVING SLUT branded on her forehead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You say "CONNIVING SLUT" like its a bad thing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
4 / 3 / 2 / 1
View All Quotes
1111 (same time, heart gives out halfway through the 5th climax. I died doing what I loved.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Lol. Well I guess we know why YOU watch.
View Quote
I watch because I was tired of the show and books being spoiled so finally got caught up in a week and I'll see it through. It's fun, but I'm also right.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lol. I dunno which is worse, your luck at presumption, or your spelling, but I will tell you this.
Guaranfuckingteeing to another person,  what they will or will not do before they do it, is just a bad fuckin gamble bro.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ve given it some thought and I’m moderately happy with episode 3 but I think if it went like this I would have been made whole.

Jon slides under the wight viserion and stabs it’s throat destroying it, he runs into the orchard to see the night kings ice spear flying into Theon who is in front of bran protecting him(this happens in slow motion). Jon then lunges at the night king and he immediately draws his blade and blocks Jon’s attack. The night king proceeds to fuck Jon up to the point of certain death, all while Theon lays slumped over brans chair, right before the death blow to Jon, it will appear that the last stark men will all die at once(thus terrifying the viewers) that’s when Arya will come flying in and pulls her stunt shit.

THAT I could live with.
I'm right about this too, love the spelling comment, I'm normally a nazi but I gauranfuckingtee you I don't care on a phone lol.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Can we stop the bickering about this crap and get to bickering about the next episode?

How are they going to beat the golden company? Another shit plan with two busted up dragons? They better not go with another "kill the leader and the rest of them fall" plan..
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Mixed feelings about this past episode. Really enjoyed the soundtrack and the cinematography (some points were really dark though). My biggest complaint would have to be the incredible plot armor that the main characters had. I really enjoyed earlier seasons of GoT because it was not predictable in a sense that any character could potentially die. No matter how morally good they were or how skilled of a fighter. This episode just showed me that GoT is going the mainstream route and won't kill off anymore fan favorites. There were several points at which characters like: Jamie, Brienne, Sam, Drogon, Dany all could've died but they just somehow made it out. Obviously I'm not expecting them to kill off the entire cast but definitely would've hit harder if they did kill off a few of the main tier characters when there was no way they could make it out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm right about this too, love the spelling comment, I'm normally a nazi but I gauranfuckingtee you I don't care on a phone lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THAT I could live with.
Well I can guaranfuckintee you should be making sure your trailer is secure rather than arguing on the internet!  
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-Tornado-outbreak-in-progress-/5-2216701/

JK be safe.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can we stop the bickering about this crap and get to bickering about the next episode?

How are they going to beat the golden company? Another shit plan with two busted up dragons? They better not go with another "kill the leader and the rest of them fall" plan..
View Quote
No worries Bro.
Aryas got this.....

Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
The GC will kill Cersi and Tyrion will refuse to pay them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mixed feelings about this past episode. Really enjoyed the soundtrack and the cinematography (some points were really dark though). My biggest complaint would have to be the incredible plot armor that the main characters had. I really enjoyed earlier seasons of GoT because it was not predictable in a sense that any character could potentially die. No matter how morally good they were or how skilled of a fighter. This episode just showed me that GoT is going the mainstream route and won't kill off anymore fan favorites. There were several points at which characters like: Jamie, Brienne, Sam, Drogon, Dany all could've died but they just somehow made it out. Obviously I'm not expecting them to kill off the entire cast but definitely would've hit harder if they did kill off a few of the main tier characters when there was no way they could make it out.
View Quote
All fantasy stories and tv/movies have the heroes overcome impossible odds and survive. I thought it was over the top, but I thought the same thing of the huge piles of dead in the battle of the bastards.

The main characters have always had plot armor in the show.  Dany and Jon especially, but also Sam, Bran, Arya, and Sansa.  The hype that anyone can die is just as fake as walking dead.  GRRM put a lot of misdirection in the story and S1 you thought Ned and Robert were the main protaganists so it was a surprise that they died.  The story was always about Dany and the Stark children (minus Rob who followed in his father's footsteps and died because he wasn't good at the game and Rickon who was useless).  It was also necessary for Ned, Catelyn, and the rest of the adults in House Stark to die so the kids could go through their character arcs on their own.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You keep saying this shit, stfu. She isn't flying she's jumping. Is it a dramatic TV overstatement? Sure. But she isn't superman.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/311470/A48B9C4C-B5B9-4EDF-874A-392149BA2C01-929887.jpg
That's awesome.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm thinking Arya and the Hound are getting back together for another team-up.   Probably against the Mountain.

Calling it first.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Update odds on who will rule at the end of S8.

Jon Snow +180

Sansa Stark +225

Daenarys Targaryen +475

Gendry +500

Tyrion Lannister +500

Bran Stark +600

Arya Stark +800

Cersei Lannister +1000

Samwell Tarly +1200

Jamie Lannister +4000

Davos Seaworth +6000
View Quote
The smart money is on Hotpie
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
actually that would work quite well. and arya is just the faceless man to do it. easier than nights king by a mile and an half. arya kills all the boss monsters in GOT. take cersei out and she runs the table.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No worries Bro.
Aryas got this.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No worries Bro.
Aryas got this.....

Arya and her freaking rocket boots flying around stabbing shit...damnit
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well I can guaranfuckintee you should be making sure your trailer is secure rather than arguing on the internet!  

JK be safe.
View Quote
You win.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#26]
How did Sam and Davos even survive this?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Extraordinarily well thought out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JK be safe.
You win.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How did Sam and Davos even survive this?
View All Quotes
Actually, Arya protected Davos at one point...
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anybody else notice that in most castle breach battles at least the inhabitants are smart enough to having burning cauldrons of oil/fire on the top walls to pour over the enemy as they try to climb...nope just a dug channel that was breached in minutes...lets just wait until they get to the top and start swiping swords. Not that it would have made a difference but come on, fire stops them!
View Quote
Yea. Only one fire trench. No oil and pitch ready to burn the bastards who have to be burned.

Dothraki straight on charge. You think they'd be harassing the flanks all battle, you know doing what the light cav do best. And if Bran can scout out everything why not just have to dragons blasting fire the whole time the wights charge headfirst at your castle? They could just sit on the ground and spray fire everywhere. Doesn't matter if you have 100,000 wights they can't charge into 2 fire machines without dying.

But of course the unstoppable Dothraki had to be crushed by the immovable force of the wights. Dragons can only be used one way, and that is the most dramatic way not the most effective. Wight dragon doesn't dire from fire like every other wight? Burn his ass.

No one at Winterfell did shit that was out of the ordinary and then they even fucked up the ordinary.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They have hot oil...not burning oil.

Hot oil wouldn't do anything to the zombies.
View Quote
As soon as a match, torch, or fire arrow hit it would.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I wouldn't even last 30 seconds.
View All Quotes
I know I didn't...
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Why weren't the dragons used on a daily basis as the dead marched south?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Failure in mission planning.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because it implies knowledge of tactics beneficial to the main characters?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
They were too busy sulking because their parents took them on a lame vacation to someplace cold.  Remember the scene showing how they weren't eating enough?

Seriously though that was one of the many odd things or failures by the writers creating that battle scene.   Hopefully they do better on the planning for the battle for Kings Landing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#40]
I haven't been watching this show much because from what I have seen, there isn't a single character I'd waste my bullet on.
To quote Jack Wilson in "Shane"...."Trash. All trash".

With that said I've been watching this final season just to see if the makers of a TV show can end a series properly and not go all "Soprano's" with it like virtually all other series enders.

My wife and daughter have been watching from the first so I've picked up some of it on passing.... from one room to the kitchen and back by the TV.
As example, in one episode a few years ago Arya was about to leave the House of Black and White and the Waif tried to kill her.
As Arya ran, the Waif was making huge super hero bounds down the street, so obviously the House trained them how to do that.  THAT's how Arya made the leap at the NK.

To end this weeks episode properly......

Arya makes the huge leap, misses and does a face plant at the feet of the NK.
He turns back to Bran and gives a "What the Hell??" shrug.
Bran reaches under his coat and pulls out a Colt .45 Single Action and cocks the hammer so the NK can hear all four clicks.
He pumps a 250 grain blue whistler into the NK's gut, the NK give a "DUDE"??? look and explodes into 7-11 ice.
All White Walkers and undead explode.

Bran does a great exhibit of Johnny Ringo gun spinning, a few border shifts, and twirls the Colt back into the holster.

The entire world riots at how the writers faked them out.

Admit it, that's how it should have been done.... the AR15.com way.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Is anyone else disappointed we didn't get to see ice spiders? They were brought up several times through the show so I was really hoping we got to see some eight legged freaks in this battle
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I skipped the last dozen pages to catch up...

So Cleganebowl, Arya tries to kill the mountain but the mountain kills her which sends the hound berserk because she’s the only one he’s cared for kicking off cleganebowl. Hound wins...

Gives us the shock death we haven’t gotten yet in S8 resolves cleganebowl.

Calling it now
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
Yeah...fooking crows.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#44]
At least we’re past the rape discussion.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Is anyone else disappointed we didn't get to see ice spiders? They were brought up several times through the show so I was really hoping we got to see some eight legged freaks in this battle
View Quote
They required too much CGI budget, that's why we only got to see Ghost for 8sec of the episode, the Dragons needed as much airtime as possible because muh dragons.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I haven't been watching this show much because from what I have seen, there isn't a single character I'd waste my bullet on.
To quote Jack Wilson in "Shane"...."Trash. All trash".
View Quote
I stopped there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
They blow the entire city up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm thinking Arya and the Hound are getting back together for another team-up.   Probably against the Mountain.

Calling it first.
View Quote
Arya killed the NK. She can kill anyone without them knowing. We don’t need any other character to fight.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I skipped the last dozen pages to catch up...

So Cleganebowl, Arya tries to kill the mountain but the mountain kills her which sends the hound berserk because she's the only one he's cared for kicking off cleganebowl. Hound wins...

Gives us the shock death we haven't gotten yet in S8 resolves cleganebowl.

Calling it now
View Quote
Arya dressed as someone tries to kill Cersie but is caught and killed.  Jamie is the one that kills cersie.  My prediction.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top