BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 358
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not an argument that they didn't plan this because the order was changed.  It's an argument that the scene between Melisandre and Arya in S3 is NOT incontrovertible proof that Dumb and Dumber had this planned for the better half of a decade in part because if they had there would be no reason to have the color out of order.

And then it's my PERSONAL OPINION that it was just a reference to Arya killing people in general and Dumb and Dumber are using that line as an excuse to shoehorn Arya killing the NK as "something they had planned all along."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is?
That because the order is off they didn't plan this.
It's not an argument that they didn't plan this because the order was changed.  It's an argument that the scene between Melisandre and Arya in S3 is NOT incontrovertible proof that Dumb and Dumber had this planned for the better half of a decade in part because if they had there would be no reason to have the color out of order.

And then it's my PERSONAL OPINION that it was just a reference to Arya killing people in general and Dumb and Dumber are using that line as an excuse to shoehorn Arya killing the NK as "something they had planned all along."
I assumed she moved blue to the end because that's what she'd kill next.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
So why did Melisandre take off the necklace to let herself die?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
She couldn't live with herself after what she did to Shireen, and Davos wouldn't have let her anyway.

Her job was done, the world of the living was saved, and she was tired.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because her role in the great game was realized, and now she can finally lay to rest, and be at peace with herself.

Who wants to live forever?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mel showing up and reminding us of those things while saying hint hint is proof they backfilled it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That because the order is off they didn't plan this.
Mel showing up and reminding us of those things while saying hint hint is proof they backfilled it.
Especially since Beric existed to bring Stoneheart back, not protect Arya.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
in the after episode thingy, D&D said that they knew 3 years ago that Arya would be the one killing the NK.  What they didn't say was if they decided that, or if GRRM told them that's how he was planning for it to happen
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

in the after episode thingy, D&D said that they knew 3 years ago that Arya would be the one killing the NK.  What they didn't say was if they decided that, or if GRRM told them that's how he was planning for it to happen
That S3 scene some people think is proof that Dumb and Dumber definitely had this ending for the Night King planned that far back aired 6 years ago so there's another hole in that claim.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Of all the complaints about the NK death, this one I am certainly on board with. Would have loved to see him murdering some half men and main characters, even if it was before godswood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't think Jon could have taken the Night King anyway

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwxNHhOCV2M/?igshid=i2nckbg5o30p
WTF did we not see any of that in the show?
Of all the complaints about the NK death, this one I am certainly on board with. Would have loved to see him murdering some half men and main characters, even if it was before godswood.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Probably because the Long Night was prevented and she no longer had any purpose.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
She couldn't live with herself after what she did to Shireen, and Davos wouldn't have let her anyway.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree with that part. Sure, she might have felt bad about it, but "she couldn't live with herself after what she did" is a stretch I think.

Also if she had been motivated to live Davos probably wouldn't have stood a chance.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Because her role in the great game was realized, and now she can finally lay to rest, and be at peace with herself.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It could also be said she knew she was going to die of old age soon. So the necklace removal was her coming to terms with that. As opposed to dying and have someone reveal the truth by pulling it off her corpse.

But I haven't read the books so I don't know if the necklace truly grants eternal life.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:40:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It could also be said she knew she was going to die of old age soon. So the necklace removal was her coming to terms with that. As opposed to dying and have someone reveal the truth by pulling it off her corpse.

But I haven't read the books so I don't know if the necklace truly grants eternal life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

The necklace is simply a tool she uses to create the glamor that makes her look young.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#13]
He’s smart enough to become a king even though he’s a cripple
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Sam Tarly falls off of wall, lands on teeterboard, launching Arya

World's Craziest Teeterboard Flips - Streaks Show in 4K!
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:48:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's exactly my thinking, especially since they added the other quote ft her past into the episode... "Stick them with the pointy end."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some people are claiming Dumb and Dumber definitely had this ending for the Night King planned for a long time and use the scene with Melisandre meeting Arya in S3 as "proof."

Why then in S3 did Melisandre say "brown eyes, blue eyes, and green eyes" and in S8 she changed it to "brown eyes, green eyes,.... and blue eyes"?  If they knew way back then why not have it be the same order?

Personally I think that was just a reference to Arya killing people in general and Dumb and Dumber are using that line as an excuse to shoehorn Arya killing the NK as "something they had planned all along."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEj1aN_Rmj0
That's exactly my thinking, especially since they added the other quote ft her past into the episode... "Stick them with the pointy end."
This.

But there's no change in the story, "prince who was promised" Is a "silly fan theory"
how can several books/seasons, prophesies, a war, ruined honor of 2 of Westeros' best men - hold up to a season 7 dagger pass and an eyes quote?
"Promise me Ned, promise me"
Rhaegar sending the nation to war and ending his house,
yada yada.
Bullshit, that's just wishful thinking on our part
"Definitely Arya, duhh"

Muh, Dagger.
Eyes quote too.
Considering the idea that the story was changed is silly!1
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:50:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A Song of Fire and Ice.

Lol, nah fam, just Arya.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Definitely Arya, duhh"
A Song of Fire and Ice.

Lol, nah fam, just Arya.
It was actually Ned stark singing, "A Song of Daggers and Eyes".
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 12:33:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Are you serious?  Who the hell would want to see that?   Some badass fight between the White Walkers and our heroes that ended with the Night King dual-wielding swords vs Jon and Ayra with their Valyrian steel weapons?

Having the Night King walk up to Bran, look at him, and then having Arya jump out the bushes and stab him is obviously WAAAY better.
View Quote
Preach it brother.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 1:09:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Some people are claiming Dumb and Dumber definitely had this ending for the Night King planned for a long time and use the scene with Melisandre meeting Arya in S3 as "proof."

Why then in S3 did Melisandre say "brown eyes, blue eyes, and green eyes" and in S8 she changed it to "brown eyes, green eyes,.... and blue eyes"?  If they knew way back then why not have it be the same order?

Personally I think that was just a reference to Arya killing people in general and Dumb and Dumber are using that line as an excuse to shoehorn Arya killing the NK as "something they had planned all along."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEj1aN_Rmj0
View Quote
Exactly! It was just meant as a general comment, lots of humans, lots of kills. Hell go forward a few episodes in that season, and Melisandre barely learns of the white walkers and their threat. She had no idea that a long night was coming, and that white walkers were even a threat probably let alone a thing.

D&D just got lucky that one of the writers probably remembered that line.

But again lets just ignore the story's main prophecy, when Melisandre meets Dany she tells him, about a prince that was promised, that will bring the dawn.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 1:13:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone else noticed a lack of cold or snow in Kings Landing now that winter is here? Did the writers forget about this?

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was the coriagraphed fight of Ned vs. Arthur Dayne.

https://youtu.be/5aO_CsqfBAo
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 1:30:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I am just happy they didn't have Bran do some sort of super saiyan bullshit *shrug*
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 1:56:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Her killing the NK is getting to be one of the most viewed pieces on Youtube.  Reaction shots from bars and other public venues have reached over 10,000,000 views.  It is impossible to count the times people have went to a video and watched it repeatedly.  I'm not going going to try the people that downloaded the video to keep.

This one has 3.3 million views alone has garnered 300,000 more views in the past day alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5wm3fY5pCY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you serious?  Who the hell would want to see that?   Some badass fight between the White Walkers and our heroes that ended with the Night King dual-wielding swords vs Jon and Ayra with their Valyrian steel weapons?

Having the Night King walk up to Bran, look at him, and then having Arya jump out the bushes and stab him is obviously WAAAY better.
Her killing the NK is getting to be one of the most viewed pieces on Youtube.  Reaction shots from bars and other public venues have reached over 10,000,000 views.  It is impossible to count the times people have went to a video and watched it repeatedly.  I'm not going going to try the people that downloaded the video to keep.

This one has 3.3 million views alone has garnered 300,000 more views in the past day alone.

Wow the low T from that crowd is emanating so hard from that video through my screen
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 2:38:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wow the low T from that crowd is emanating so hard from that video through my screen
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw in the thumbnail for another one of their videos they photoshopped MAGA hats onto the "racist" northerners that were glaring at Grey Worm and Missandei as they rode into Winterfell.

Kinda ironic considering in their videos I didn't see one single minority.  Just a bunch of SJW looking whities.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 2:44:06 AM EDT
[#24]
While everyone seems to think Jon is some awesome fighter, he's had his ass saved by females several times. Also by a little kid, although I doubt Ygritte was actually going to kill him. So having Arya kill the NK is just keeping with tradition. They have made Arya into some kind of Superhero though. Imho she didn't train long enough with the Faceless men or anyone else to become the killer they proclaim her to be.

There were so many weird things for me in this episode. Why all the talk of the crypts being safe and then corpses coming alive if no-one important was going to die down there? Related to that, why could those bodies break through stone when they Walker they took to KL couldn't break through a wooden box? Why bother having Jon tell Daenerys about his lineage if it wasn't going to have any bearing on the battle to come? Why did they basically have Melisandre tell us Arya was going to kill the NK and then think we'd forget about her for the next 20 mins? More of the main characters should have died in this episode with where they had them placed. Jamie, Brienne and Grey Worm were all on the front lines for a period, yet they didn't get swarmed? The writing has suffered since they got past any source material.  For all the time they spent building up the NK and the AOTD I just thought this battle should have had more consequences.

Sometimes listening to the stuff D&D say in the after the episode stuff and the inside the episode makes me wonder if they are actually watching the show. I don't view Jon as the hero in the traditional sense. Yes he always tries to do the right thing. He does not swoop in to save the day as D&D have claimed. As I mentioned he should be dead several times over if not for being saved by women. His battle plans suck horribly. The one thing he is good at is bringing people together.

I was kinda hoping Samwell Tarly would die, and he should have. For some reason I think of him as a combination of Sam and Frodo from LOTR and I couldn't stand either of them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 3:08:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
While everyone seems to think Jon is some awesome fighter, he's had his ass saved by females several times. Also by a little kid, although I doubt Ygritte was actually going to kill him.  
View Quote
What are all these "several times" Jon "had his ass saved by females" in a combat situation?

The only time I can think of off the top of my head is in Beyond the Wall.

I guess maybe you could count the Battle of the Bastards, but even then all the female did was send a note to a man who sent other men to save Jon.

As for the possibility of Ygritte shooting Jon in 4x09: after that smile he gave her I don't think there was any chance she was intentionally shooting him.

Link Posted: 5/2/2019 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Haha fuck those soy boys and SJW cunts. What a sorry looking group.

No wonder they loved it.. they've watched every episode in a shitty crowded bar while being filmed making overdone reactions for the camera. They haven't been paying attention.  They're like groupthink North Koreans trying to outdo each other cheering for Dear Leader.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 4:46:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I was kinda hoping Samwell Tarly would die, and he should have. For some reason I think of him as a combination of Sam and Frodo from LOTR and I couldn't stand either of them.
View Quote
This last episode shit all over Samwell and even the Hound kinda. I liked Samwell, he was a buffoon but he tried his best. He even attacked a White Walker head on to protect Gilly. But this episode took all the character building from the previous seasons away from him and just turned him into a crying bitch for the entire episode. And now nobody cares about him, thanks D&D.

They could have just as easily shown him hacking away at the dead like a madman for 10 seconds and people would like his character more now.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Dany could have had her dragon grab the night king instead of trying to burn him.

That would allow for Jon to come up and stab the NK.

If that didn’t work, we could always resort to spider monkey.

I don’t think people have a problem with Arya killing the NK. I wanted it to be Jon...but o well.

But the writers made a nearly invincible bad guy that was surrounded by his own army with zero good guys around minus one dude in a wheel chair...and he was killed.

Poor writing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#29]
So what is left of Dany’s Army?   It seems like all of the Dothraki Army is dead and most of the Unsullied are dead.  Are two injured dragons enough?
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:32:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So what is left of Dany's Army?   It seems like all of the Dothraki Army is dead and most of the Unsullied are dead.  Are two injured dragons enough?
View Quote
Anything is possible when you have bush jumper
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:38:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So what is left of Dany’s Army?   It seems like all of the Dothraki Army is dead and most of the Unsullied are dead.  Are two injured dragons enough?
View Quote
Preview for next week shows a column of unsullied marching. Where they come from, I have no idea.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:41:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what is left of Dany's Army?   It seems like all of the Dothraki Army is dead and most of the Unsullied are dead.  Are two injured dragons enough?
Doesn’t matter.

Writers have proven that you don’t need any army to win any battle.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Days later and people are STILL crying...lol.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:51:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Out only a few days and a quarter million views from the NK Music Theme alone.
It feels perfect for the situation.
It has 4 main beats; We Are Losing seems to come through loud and clear as it is played.

The Night King - Game of Thrones | Piano Tutorial (Synthesia)
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Out only a few days and a quarter million views from the NK Music Theme alone.
It feels perfect for the situation.
It has 4 main beats; We Are Losing seems to come through loud and clear as it is played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD30F_tjogs
View Quote
All gripes aside, the music was one of the high points of the entire series. The composer killed it with that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
That was the whole point of Cersi's strategy.  Her mere 20k troops is now significant compared to what's left of the army of the north.  This will create the drama for the remaining three episodes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
no.

The necklace is simply a tool she uses to create the glamor that makes her look young.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

The real question is, would you bang an 800 year old woman identifying as a hot as 40-something?
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The real question is, would you bang an 800 year old woman identifying as a hot as 40-something?
View Quote
Yes, but with leaches on my dick for her pleasure.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

Yeah I would, as I am a very subjective person

Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://www.factinate.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/melisandre.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

https://www.factinate.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/melisandre.jpg
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Haha fuck those soy boys and SJW cunts. What a sorry looking group.

No wonder they loved it.. they've watched every episode in a shitty crowded bar while being filmed making overdone reactions for the camera. They haven't been paying attention.  They're like groupthink North Koreans trying to outdo each other cheering for Dear Leader.
View Quote
Thats what d&d have done, writing fan fiction for SJW's now for a couple of seasons.

For the first seasons Arya's main goal was avenging the Starks

Jon's was the set up for killing/dealing with the NK

I don't mind that much that Arya wound up killing the NK as I mind her coming out of essentially nowhere to do it. Lazy writing/filming on their part.

Well the low T and SJW blue hairs loved the gurl power so it's ok,
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Thats what d&d have done, writing fan fiction for SJW's now for a couple of seasons.

For the first seasons Arya's main goal was avenging the Starks

Jon's was the set up for killing/dealing with the NK

I don't mind that much that Arya wound up killing the NK as I mind her coming out of essentially nowhere to do it. Lazy writing/filming on their part.

Well the low T and SJW blue hairs loved the gurl power so it's ok,
View Quote
Meh, I guess I'm the only one who has no issue with Arya smoking the NK.  To me it makes all her time with the dark brotherhood make sense.  That whole story arc was foreshadowing something big for her.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

Her? Hell yes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:49:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Her? Hell yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

Her? Hell yes.
As long as the amulet stayed on and the leeches stayed off . . .
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
As long as the amulet stayed on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

Her? Hell yes.
As long as the amulet stayed on.
WORD!
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Okay, I have been doing a lot of thinking and I think I have figured out how I feel about this episode.

Arya is not a Mary Sue. She's been training to fight THE LIVING the entire show. She starts out small and gradually increases in power.

Arya killing the NK is not Deus Ex Machina- I believe it's realistic given the parameters of the show.

The problem is with the STORYTELLING.  It doesn't make sense IN THIS STORY. It's not a satisfying or fulfilling end to Jon Snow's character Arc. His whole arc is pointless now. He had next to no effect on the battle, even thought he's one of 2 main characters in the show.

https://old.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/bjkeqm/spoilers_this_is_not_nitpicking_this_is_a_massive/

And also specifically THIS reply

It's bad writing.
The actors are brilliant, the special effects are great. The characters are mostly excellent. The Cinematography, sound, and music are all on point. The source material is fantastic (until the last book) And it even does emotions pretty well. But they are too focused on emotions to tell a good, solid story.
And yeah, they do get it right, very right, some times. That's why Ep2 felt pretty well written, on the whole- because it was focusing on human emotion and preparing us for the battle.

Even if you go back to Season 6, season 6 was mostly fantastic.

If you are sitting here thinking- hmm, should a woman kill the NK, or should it be a man- you've already lost. Because you're not thinking about writing a good story, you are inserting virtue signaling into your decision process.

Another example of bad writing- you have Jamie and Brienne, 2 characters we really care about. You barely show them. But you did spend 2 minutes on Lyanna Mormont.
Yeah, the zombie giant is cool. But it shouldn't have been able to bust through the castle door so easily. Bad writing.

The zombie dragon blew a hole in the castle wall, but now it can't damage Jon Snow if he takes cover behind piles of rubble or interior castle walls. Bad writing. They were too focused on cool shots and emotions to worry about details like a plot that makes sense.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Weird fan theory.
What if at the end of it all Bran becomes the next Night King?
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top