BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 358
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Clearly addressed by him.  He tells her that the red god has had his due.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All Hail Queen Arya!
On a semi-unrelated note, doesn't she still have a name to name from when she named and then un-named the faceless man during their escape from Harrenhal? Might that come into play before the end? Or was that name collected when she killed the Waif (who arguably had no name to collect)?

Unless I am remembering something from that scene. It was an awfully long time ago.
She unnamed Jaqen H'ghar when he agreed to her help Gendry, Hot Pie, and her escape.  Any of the dozen or so guards Jaqen killed would have sufficed.
She did unname him, but that leaves a name on the table at the end of their little adventure together
Clearly addressed by him.  He tells her that the red god has had his due.
thanks, I figured there was something I just haven't seen it in a long time
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
To be honest, the Dorne storyline was kind of messed up in the books, too. The books went downhill, too. We're supposed to believe a man so extremely cautious and careful that his family and court chafe at him would send the eldest two of his three heirs on extremely risky ventures with little prospects for success and minimal protection.  Martin is somewhat better than D&D on the Dorne story, but still weak.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Dorne doesn't really care about the concept of bastards.  They're not really part of that society.

Of course the show's treatment of the whole thing is absurd regardless.
View Quote
They do care when it comes to inheriting power.  Dorne is sexually liberal but the Martells didn't rule for thousands of years by letting bastards in.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Inside Game of Thrones: A Story in Stunts – BTS (HBO)

Inside Game of Thrones: A Story in Prosthetics – BTS (HBO)
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 2:51:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I was watching the Tower of Joy fight earlier and got to wondering.. think we'll see Howland Reed? Odd that the previous Three Eyed Raven mentioned him.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 2:59:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was watching the Tower of Joy fight earlier and got to wondering.. think we'll see Howland Reed? Odd that the previous Three Eyed Raven mentioned him.
View Quote
Only 6 episodes left.  Dozens of storylines to wrap up.  Already 100+ characters and we know we are getting even more.

I’m guessing “no.”
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 3:03:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
The only reason for Reed to show up would for him to somehow confirm Jon as being Rhaegar's son, and I don't see that happening in the show.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 3:08:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Only 6 episodes left.  Dozens of storylines to wrap up.  Already 100+ characters and we know we are getting even more.

I'm guessing "no."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing "no."
Yeah good point, guess Meera won't be showing up either too
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 3:09:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The only reason for Reed to show up would for him to somehow confirm Jon as being Rhaegar's son, and I don't see that happening in the show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah that's what I thought too, would probably have a gnarly scar from Dawn too
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 3:36:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Has it even been confirmed that Dawn exists in the show?
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 4:15:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 11:43:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Edit: deleted, Im drunk and retareded.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 12:09:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's ok, I'm drunk and retareded too!
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:16:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
No. I don’t think you’re finally going to be able to see Jon Snow’s dick this season.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:30:12 AM EDT
[#15]
So uh serious question.

I'm in the USA for 2 weeks while Game of Thrones is on and I dont want to fall behind . Do you guys tend to have bars or anything that show it? Or should I post some craiglist ads asking people to let me watch in their houses in exchange for imitation crab meat
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So uh serious question.

I'm in the USA for 2 weeks while Game of Thrones is on and I dont want to fall behind . Do you guys tend to have bars or anything that show it? Or should I post some craiglist ads asking people to let me watch in their houses in exchange for imitation crab meat
View Quote
HBO GO or HBO NOW.

It would be pretty cool if HBO partnered with a theatre chain to have watch parties each week.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So uh serious question.

View Quote
Many, if not most, motels in the US have free HBO with their TV channel selection.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Does HBO play it on a loop or anything? Pretty sure I have a company dinner on the first sunday i am there. Had a check of the hotel I'll be in for the first week and they say they have cable channels.

Google has also informed me that there is a free HBO go trial through Amazon Prime, which I have. Maybe this will be my best option
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

HBO GO or HBO NOW.

It would be pretty cool if HBO partnered with a theatre chain to have watch parties each week.
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing, at least for the finale.

Late Sunday nights are probably a slow time for them anyways.

They could easily sell out and pack the theater.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 1:20:35 AM EDT
[#21]
What was the deal with Melisandre's little skin changing thing when she removed the necklace and will it play into the final episodes?
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:57:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What was the deal with Melisandre's little skin changing thing when she removed the necklace and will it play into the final episodes?
View Quote
The old lady is her true form.  She puts on the necklace/glamour/charm/whatever and that turns her into the hot redhead.

She might turn back into her true form when she dies, but it probably won’t play a major role in anything.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#23]
I suspect Mel will get burninated.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I suspect Mel will get burninated.
View Quote
I bet a bunch of peasants in thier thatched roof cottages will as well.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Anybody else think the lord of light/ fire religeon will have some significance in the outcome? Watching all the episodes over again I noticed that religeon is the only one that shows any signs of their god being real/legit. Bringing people back to life, multiple priestesses knowing all about people they dont even know, visions in the flames of the future that came true, giving birth to a smoke assassin, the leeches and the death of the kings, the necklace thing. What other religeons have shown anything? Old gods, new gods, many face, drowned, I cant think of anything out of all of them combined.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anybody else think the lord of light/ fire religeon will have some significance in the outcome? Watching all the episodes over again I noticed that religeon is the only one that shows any signs of their god being real/legit. Bringing people back to life, multiple priestesses knowing all about people they dont even know, visions in the flames of the future that came true, giving birth to a smoke assassin, the leeches and the death of the kings, the necklace thing. What other religeons have shown anything? Old gods, new gods, many face, drowned, I cant think of anything out of all of them combined.
View Quote
Bran time traveling is kind of a big deal.

Ayra cutting people's faces off and wearing them as masks is kind of a big deal.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Could she be the Crone of the New Gods?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Pretty decent summation for anyone needing to play catch up.

Watch This Before You See The Final Game Of Thrones Season
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Bran time traveling is kind of a big deal.

Ayra cutting people's faces off and wearing them as masks is kind of a big deal.
View Quote
There are three religions which have shown magical powers - the Others, the Lord of Light, and the Children of the Forest.  GRRM has said that the seasons are unnatural, and I think that is a reference to both the Other and the Lord of Light.  I think part of the finale will be the end of both the Others and the Lord of Light, giving Westeros normal seasons once again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Also, I think the Many Faced God that the Faceless Men worship is the Other.  I think that is part of the shock Arya is going to get this season.  The Faceless men were born in the slave mines of Valyria, and it makes sense that the Other would grant them power against the Valyrians, whose dragons clearly put them in the camp of the Lord of Light.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Pretty decent summation for anyone needing to play catch up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_0y_z5SJjo
View Quote
Last couple minutes of the video makes sense. (The theories)

Can't wait.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Also, I think the Many Faced God that the Faceless Men worship is the Other.  I think that is part of the shock Arya is going to get this season.  The Faceless men were born in the slave mines of Valyria, and it makes sense that the Other would grant them power against the Valyrians, whose dragons clearly put them in the camp of the Lord of Light.
View Quote
Martin doesn't believe in magic or gods.

There's some things going on for certain -- but things are probably not as they seem.

BTW, Melisandre is a fraud.  She comments that her spells work better at the wall -- but she's using tricks to make "magic" and has been for a long time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I bet a bunch of peasants in thier thatched roof cottages will as well.
View Quote
Trogdor worships the red god.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There are three religions which have shown magical powers - the Others, the Lord of Light, and the Children of the Forest.  GRRM has said that the seasons are unnatural, and I think that is a reference to both the Other and the Lord of Light.  I think part of the finale will be the end of both the Others and the Lord of Light, giving Westeros normal seasons once again.
View Quote
The warlocks in Qarth said their real magic had returned with the red star reappearing.  IIRC
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The warlocks in Qarth said their real magic had returned with the red star reappearing.  IIRC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought it was because of Dany's dragons?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This. The return of living dragons coincided with enhanced powers for the warlocks of Qarth and the pyromancers in Kings Landing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
He's not going to survive.  He and Cersei came into the world together, and they will leave the world together.  It would be really cool if Bran told him about Ned Stark's offer.  Remember in Season 1 Ned offered Cersei a chance to leave with her children before telling Robert (which ended up being his downfall).  If she had taken him up on that, they'd probably all be alive today.  Tywin would have either protected them at the Rock, or sent them to Essos beyond Stannis' reach.  Jamie was never one for titles, and I think he would have been happy to live in obscurity in some mansion in the Free Cities with Cersei and their children.  Cersei is the one who had to sacrifice everything for power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying he's gonna cheerfully enlist in the Nights Watch, but what other options does he really have?
He's not going to survive.  He and Cersei came into the world together, and they will leave the world together.  It would be really cool if Bran told him about Ned Stark's offer.  Remember in Season 1 Ned offered Cersei a chance to leave with her children before telling Robert (which ended up being his downfall).  If she had taken him up on that, they'd probably all be alive today.  Tywin would have either protected them at the Rock, or sent them to Essos beyond Stannis' reach.  Jamie was never one for titles, and I think he would have been happy to live in obscurity in some mansion in the Free Cities with Cersei and their children.  Cersei is the one who had to sacrifice everything for power.
Ghat
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 1:08:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's because both Rhillor and The Other were gathering for their confrontation.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#39]
3 more weeks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
3 more weeks.
View Quote
Yep. Seems like its been forever.
After that, the Deadwood movie.
It's gonna be a couple good months of tv for a change.
Cocksucker.

Link Posted: 3/24/2019 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Cocksucker.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 more weeks.
Cocksucker.

I’m glad I taught you that fucking word.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 more weeks.
Cocksucker.

Link Posted: 3/24/2019 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

There's some things going on for certain -- but things are probably not as they seem.

BTW, Melisandre is a fraud.  She comments that her spells work better at the wall -- but she's using tricks to make "magic" and has been for a long time.  
View Quote
what about her resurrecting Jon Snow?
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She hasn't...

She may not have done so even in the show...
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
She hasn't...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She hasn't...

Is this some semantic game you are playing?

Hurr durr the Lord of Light resurrected Jon, not Melisandre
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
She is ancient but looks young.   Just what "magic" trick  can you use to do that?  Askin for a friend.

8nBAIT
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
She hasn't...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She hasn't...

i guess Thyros of Myr didn't repeatedly resurrect Beric Dondarrion either?

The Lord of Light acting through his priests/priestesses
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 more weeks.
Cocksucker.

I was really hoping Ian McShane was going to drop a "cocksucker" during his guest spot on GoT.

Hard to believe that man is 76.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I was really hoping Ian McShane was going to drop a "cocksucker" during his guest spot on GoT.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 more weeks.
Cocksucker.

All GOT is tits and dragons
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She hasn't...

The last book ended with Snow being stabbed. We’re not even sure he’s dead.

Everything beyond that is the showrunners’ imagination.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top