Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like Marvel shows would be more your speed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tried to like it.  No humor or likable characters.  I'm done with it.

Sounds like Marvel shows would be more your speed

To be fair: GoT S1 had humor and a lot of likable characters.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]

She looks even weirder and more “downsy” from the side.

Attachment Attached File

Of course being unavoidably compared to Emilia Clarke (especially the S1 version) isn’t doing her any favors either.

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sort of mixed on this episode, I get why it was needed but other thanClick To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Carry on!
View Quote

Season Finale is my guess. That's when they killed off Ned and shit really unraveled.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Randomly started watching The Crown because of QE2 and in the first 2 minutes HOLY SHIT IT’S DAEMON!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/4D9B0C5B-FF48-48A8-A463-FC3E70BC2C22_png-2524749.JPG

Times have hit hard for the previous GoT stars. lol
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Holy crap, I just realized that she's the one that was fed to a dragon by her half brother. I'll stick around for that
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

She looks even weirder and more "downsy" from the side.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/85970AF4-5996-4EC7-8DA1-9DE415936533_jpe-2516529.JPG

Of course being unavoidably compared to Emilia Clarke (especially the S1 version) isn't doing her any favors either.

View Quote
well there's about to be a big time jump soon, and she's going to be replaced along with half of the cast
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Season Finale is my guess. That's when they killed off Ned and shit really unraveled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sort of mixed on this episode, I get why it was needed but other thanClick To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Carry on!

Episode 9.  

That was traditionally when the headliner event of the season happened (Ned's execution, Blackwater, Red Wedding, etc) and then episode 10 was the aftermath.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Episode 9.  

That was traditionally when the headliner event of the season happened (Ned's execution, Blackwater, Red Wedding, etc) and then episode 10 was the aftermath.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Carry on!

Episode 9.  

Right, I forgot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Right, I forgot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Carry on!

Episode 9.  

Right, I forgot.

"While walkinginadangerzone kind of forgot about how E9 had the headliner event each season, they certainly haven't forgotten about him."
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Holy crap, I just realized that she's the one that was fed to a dragon by her half brother. I'll stick around for that
View Quote

I was rewatching GOT recently and Joffrey was telling Margerie Tyrell that "here lies Rhaenyra Targaryen who was fed to her brother's dragon." My eyes lit up
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Randomly started watching The Crown because of QE2 and in the first 2 minutes HOLY SHIT IT’S DAEMON!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/4D9B0C5B-FF48-48A8-A463-FC3E70BC2C22_png-2524749.JPG

Could be worse.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm curious what the timeline was for HotD and Rings of Power release date announcements/speculations.

It would have been pretty smart if HBO realized HotD wasn't even going to be in the same ballpark as GoT quality-wise (S1-S4 anyway), but figured that Rings of Power was going to be an unmitigated disaster the likes of which had never before been seen on TV so if they released HotD at the same time at least it would look better by comparison.  

Though it was probably just a coincidence.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Rings of Power is a good weekly pre HotD filler so long as you don't take it's BS too seriously. Kind of like how Vikings was for GoT between the seasons.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#14]
"Let's let my horny teenaged daughter pick which knight is the hottest, then assign him to be the only one allowed near her bedroom every night from now on."

-Viserys I, paraphrased
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 12:18:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Wait, are they actually going to go through with a Jon Snow after GoT timeline spinoff?

Are they serious ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wait, are they actually going to go through with a Jon Snow after GoT timeline spinoff?

Are they serious ?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#17]
There is so much talk about Todays Standards and comparing the ages Back Then.....

Pause and look up Regents: Kings and Queens that are too young to Officially Take whatever Throne....So until they are of age they are Regents.

Meanwhile I'm going to recall Arfcom and the original Full House TV Show .
Towards the end of the series there was so much talk of The Olsen Twins and wondering what things were going to be like when they became 18.
There were so many Pedo Bearish comments
Then the Twins BECAME 18 years old and nearly every poster went Full Pedo Bear, mumbling Too Old.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:31:57 PM EDT
[#18]
wat
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Spoiler alert bro

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Episode I: I don't want it.
Episode II: I still don't want it.
Episode III: Yes, the kingdom is in flames, but I still don't want it.
Episode IV: No, I don't want to live in a warm castle and sleep on a soft featherbed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are they serious ?
View Quote

Sounds like it is going to happen.   HBO has the chance to undo the damage done to fans  becasue of the last season of GOT.  Jon Snow was the Prince That Was Promised and A Song of Ice and Fire is his life story.   This is the chance for a do over that so many were screaming for.

An assume three season run of Snow and season 8 will be a footnote in the history of television.

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sounds like it is going to happen.   HBO has the chance to undo the damage done to fans  becasue of the last season of GOT.  Jon Snow was the Prince That Was Promised and A Song of Ice and Fire is his life story.   This is the chance for a do over that so many were screaming for.

An assume three season run of Snow and season 8 will be a footnote in the history of television.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they serious ?

Undo the damage S8 did?

Ever since the Jon Snow spin-off was announced I’ve been saying the only way I’ll watch it is if they make S8 non-canon.  Something like Jon waking up and saying “wow, I just had the worst dream.”  That would never happen though.  Even if they wanted to they don’t have the budget to remake S8.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#23]
The only way it might work is if they animated a S8 remake with all the original actors doing the voices.  Make it a 10 episode limited series and hire the team that made Arcane.

BTW: Arcane is a masterpiece.  If anyone here hasn’t watched it yet I HIGHLY recommend it.  You might want to avoid trailers, episode descriptions, and even the opening credits as they are very spoilery.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I was rewatching GOT recently and Joffrey was telling Margerie Tyrell that "here lies Rhaenyra Targaryen who was fed to her brother's dragon." My eyes lit up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does that work?
Did they wait a day or so, collect a fresh pile of dragon poop and bury that?
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#25]
They act like Jon Snow was this great character. On paper maybe but onscreen he was nothing special and kind of boring. IMO he was portrayed as kind of a muppet.

I am really not impressed with HotD so far. I am not saying it sucks but no way is it epic. For all you guys pretending it is and making excuses for it - please go back and re-watch the first four episodes (five after tonight's airs) of GoT and tell me how they compare.

I would like to see a show based on Arya's adventures exploring.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I would like to see a show based on Arya's adventures exploring.
View Quote

So would I.

Meanwhile...

Mr Williams Speaks:

House of the Dragon 1x04 (REACTION) "King of the Narrow Sea"
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#27]
If they do it with Jon Snow, I'd bet they'd get Arya and even Sansa and Brandon. That's IF the actors and actresses agree to continue their roles. And IF they don't have a redo like they had with The Mountain.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn, did Rhaenyra just call her dread-locked cousin too greasy for her taste?
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Ok, that was a crazy ending. They're fucking with the time line though and I don't see the point. They also left out a HUGE thing with the Alicent's and Rheynera's dresses, unless they're going to include it later  
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ok, that was a crazy ending. They're fucking with the time line though and I don't see the point. They also left out a HUGE thing with the Alicent's and Rheynera's dresses, until they're going to include it later
View Quote
Something besides the color?
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:26:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Well shoot, I am not a fan of that gay love crap and their scenes , but now this show seems to be getting somewhere finally. I wonder what was said afterwards when she stopped the future Lord Commander of The Kingsguard from offing himself as he sided with her son during the war.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 12:58:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Spoiler alert bro

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spoiler alert bro

LMAO The episodes seem to be doing massive time jumps, that the King will be lucky to see episode 7.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 1:13:56 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they serious ?

https://c.tenor.com/DS8Rep4Tzd0AAAAC/tywin-madness.gif

I agree, by all accounts the shitty season finale had everyone living happily ever after. What more is there to tell of his tale?
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 1:19:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Well shoot, I am not a fan of that gay love crap and their scenes , but now this show seems to be getting somewhere finally. I wonder what was said afterwards when she stopped the future Lord Commander of The Kingsguard from offing himself as he sided with her son during the war.
View Quote
Guessing it was something along the lines of "you weren't first, you were second."
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 1:21:32 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't have access to HBO, I wish I did, but I just want to say Game of Thrones (despite the lackluster final two seasons) would have been nothing like it was without Ramin Djawadi's music.

Good god I read the entire interview with him and I have to say I could empathize quite a bit, though my circumstances would seem to be very different on the surface.  Life sometimes kicks you down and then kicks you three or four times harder after.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 1:28:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I agree, by all accounts the shitty season finale had everyone living happily ever after. What more is there to tell of his tale?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they serious ?

What is funny was Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) went on some rant about how the only reason people didn't like the finale was because they were upset that "the white characters didn't have happy endings."  

People were baffled at WTF he was rambling about considering besides Dany pretty much every major character that was alive at the start of the finale got a "happy ending."
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 1:29:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't have access to HBO, I wish I did, but I just want to say Game of Thrones (despite the lackluster final two seasons) would have been nothing like it was without Ramin Djawadi's music.
View Quote

The only positive thing I can say about 8x3.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 1:47:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What is funny was Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) went on some rant about how the only reason people didn't like the finale was because they were upset that "the white characters didn't have happy endings."  

People were baffled at WTF he was rambling about considering besides Dany pretty much every major character that was alive at the start of the finale got a "happy ending."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they serious ?

The dude is out of touch if that's why he thinks people were pissed. lol

Link Posted: 9/19/2022 1:57:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they serious ?

Link Posted: 9/19/2022 2:09:16 AM EDT
[#42]
And speaking of “Jon Snow spin-off” and “endings.”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF does PD know?  He’s just an angry elf…
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

WTF does PD know?  He's just an angry elf
View Quote
Call him elf one more time....
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#46]
I haven't read any of the books but both series have been entertaining.  As much as I didn't really care for Rhaenyra - the actress - I got use to her.  Not sure I am going to enjoy this time jump.  I am certainly going to miss Alicent Hightower.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I haven't read any of the books but both series have been entertaining.  As much as I didn't really care for Rhaenyra - the actress - I got use to her.  Not sure I am going to enjoy this time jump.  I am certainly going to miss Alicent Hightower.
View Quote
New one isn't bad either:
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF does PD know?  He's just an angry elf

A Dwarf that doesn't sing, Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho...
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just have King Bran die or be killed early-ish in the Jon Snow spinoff, maybe in the penultimate episode in Season 1.  Instant succession issue, I don't think that limp weirdo  Bran is going to be siring offspring/heirs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Undo the damage S8 did?

https://y.yarn.co/334f3903-621b-46ad-913d-0f77768ec449_text.gif

Ever since the Jon Snow spin-off was announced I've been saying the only way I'll watch it is if they make S8 non-canon.  Something like Jon waking up and saying "wow, I just had the worst dream."  That would never happen though.  Even if they wanted to they don't have the budget to remake S8.
Just have King Bran die or be killed early-ish in the Jon Snow spinoff, maybe in the penultimate episode in Season 1.  Instant succession issue, I don't think that limp weirdo  Bran is going to be siring offspring/heirs.

1. The only people that know Jon is a Targ are his shitty former-BFF and his backstabbing sister/cousin.

2. Jon “dUn WuN eT.”

3. Bran not having heirs wouldn’t matter.  After Sansa publicly announced her brother’s dick doesn’t work (no idea how she’d know that) they decided to have the high lords “vote” on the next king despite the fact it would almost certainly lead to war.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top