Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
firefox + ublock origin stopped working until i went to settings > filter lists > clear all caches > update.  now it's back up.

safari works flawlessly but i hate it.

chrome is completely no-go for YT anymore.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The alphabetic peeps aren't going to be happy until they can put as much adware/ spyware on your device as they can legally do, and force you to watch an ever-increasing amount of irrelevant annoying ad content.  Eventually they will have the adblock/ cookie block detection tied to full-page blockage, i.e. adblocker/ cookies blocked = zero page functionality until you disable adblocker and allow cookies.

The alphabetic peeps aren't going to be happy until their profits have reached all the billions.  For the profit uber alles crowd - you can be a capitalist and make big profits without being a complete dick to people.  Something many seem to not realize, have forgotten, or simply don't give a shit as long as they can continually increase profit.

The vast majority of people aren't aware of adblockers and even if they are, don't use them.  Most people use whatever browser is on their device with the default settings allowing all the crap to be loaded on their device.  Those of us with some knowledge of what's out there and a desire to keep crap off our devices are a small crowd compared to the total number of people who access web services.

Some of us don't have an issue with ads, per se.  We have an issue with annoying ads.  We don't have an ADHD-addled brain, and don't want to see in-your-face ads (Sham-WOW!!!) or ads that flash or spin or autoplay audio/ video or popup ads or blind re-directs or words that turn to popups and links and ads that just keep droning on and on and on and...

This is what I see when I come to ARF...

Notice the removed stuff?  Yeah, that's where they kept adding content that annoyed me and eventually it's been culled to this.

Notice the ad buttons?  They stayed.  I don't have a problem with those ads because they do not annoy me.  And I actually will click through to a website when I'm looking for stuff.  I've used the Primary Arms button multiple times in the last 2 weeks alone.

The chance of me ever voluntarily clicking an annoying ad, or even checking out a new product in an annoying ad, is zero.  Zilch.  Nada.  I'll continue to try and block those.  When it gets to the point it's no longer easily possible, my days of using the web for anything other than absolutely necessary stuff will be over.

IMHO, YMMV, Holy Wall-O-Text Batman, flame suit on, yada yada yada...
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
firefox + ublock origin stopped working until i went to settings > filter lists > clear all caches > update.  now it's back up.

View Quote

I'm having to do that routinely to get the stupid notice on YouTube to go away.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pay for Premium, it’s actually worth it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Strange, the content creators I enjoy get demonetized if they blink the wrong way and I still see ads.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange, I pay for Premium so the content creators I enjoy get paid for their work and I don't see any ads.

Strange, the content creators I enjoy get demonetized if they blink the wrong way and I still see ads.

This.

Very little of the YT hosted ad stream goes to the content creators.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Strange, I pay for Premium so the content creators I enjoy get paid for their work and I don't see any ads.
View Quote

I thought only women did that passive aggressive shit.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
So far this is working for me. Lets see how long its lasts until YT adapts.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I have two Google accounts. On Firefox + Ublock Origin the notice went away when I changed accounts, at least for right now.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:38:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Dailymail is impossible to adblock. I still can't find anything that can block their ads. Adblock worked back in the day but no longer works there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:46:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dailymail is impossible to adblock. I still can't find anything that can block their ads. Adblock worked back in the day but no longer works there.
View Quote

I don't get ads on there. Running uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger (from the EFF).
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:04:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would sympathize with Google/Youtube if their content to ad ratio wasn't so out of wack.

When you have to watch a 2 minute commercial for a 5 minute video then have to watch another set of commercials if you stop 30 seconds in is over the top annoying.
I get they need to make money and that Google is an advertisement company, not a tech company but it's gotten out of control.
View Quote

YouTube has never made money. Google subsidizes it and has since they bought it. They have increased the amount of ads and tried all kinds of premium schemes, but none of these has been enough to make YouTube viable on its own. With interest rates rising, they are trying to squeeze out the free-riders because nobody cares enough about user numbers anymore in the face of rising costs.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:09:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Youtube keeps changing things. Adblock is only a temporary fix. Instead of an "X" to close the popup message, it now has a timer...

Fuck youtube/google
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:10:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't get ads on there. Running uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger (from the EFF).
View Quote

Holy crap it works. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Youtube keeps changing things. Adblock is only a temporary fix. Instead of an "X" to close the popup message, it now has a timer...

Fuck youtube/google
View Quote

After a couple days of the timer before you can close the popup, it will then switch to giving you the 3 videos countdown then blocking you completely.
So do not worry, it is about to get worse.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The alphabetic peeps aren't going to be happy until they can put as much adware/ spyware on your device as they can legally do, and force you to watch an ever-increasing amount of irrelevant annoying ad content.  Eventually they will have the adblock/ cookie block detection tied to full-page blockage, i.e. adblocker/ cookies blocked = zero page functionality until you disable adblocker and allow cookies.

The alphabetic peeps aren't going to be happy until their profits have reached all the billions.  For the profit uber alles crowd - you can be a capitalist and make big profits without being a complete dick to people.  Something many seem to not realize, have forgotten, or simply don't give a shit as long as they can continually increase profit.

The vast majority of people aren't aware of adblockers and even if they are, don't use them.  Most people use whatever browser is on their device with the default settings allowing all the crap to be loaded on their device.  Those of us with some knowledge of what's out there and a desire to keep crap off our devices are a small crowd compared to the total number of people who access web services.

Some of us don't have an issue with ads, per se.  We have an issue with annoying ads.  We don't have an ADHD-addled brain, and don't want to see in-your-face ads (Sham-WOW!!!) or ads that flash or spin or autoplay audio/ video or popup ads or blind re-directs or words that turn to popups and links and ads that just keep droning on and on and on and...

This is what I see when I come to ARF...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113647/arf_-_Copy-2991714.jpg

Notice the removed stuff?  Yeah, that's where they kept adding content that annoyed me and eventually it's been culled to this.

Notice the ad buttons?  They stayed.  I don't have a problem with those ads because they do not annoy me.  And I actually will click through to a website when I'm looking for stuff.  I've used the Primary Arms button multiple times in the last 2 weeks alone.

The chance of me ever voluntarily clicking an annoying ad, or even checking out a new product in an annoying ad, is zero.  Zilch.  Nada.  I'll continue to try and block those.  When it gets to the point it's no longer easily possible, my days of using the web for anything other than absolutely necessary stuff will be over.

IMHO, YMMV, Holy Wall-O-Text Batman, flame suit on, yada yada yada...
View Quote

great post, I agree completely... the ads are similar to coof shot, you're gonna be in my face and threaten my job? ok fuck you, you'll never get what you want outta me... and honestly content creators wanna make a short pitch at the beginning and one or two during a program it doesn't bother me at all, I'm there to watch them and support them... but the carnival of popups, infomercials and nutsack underpants commercials is fucking bullshit.

when the time comes all the internet content resembles Idiocracy sofa/shitter/screen level I will no longer be on looking at content for entertainment... strictly a quick research or purchase.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

great post, I agree completely... the ads are similar to coof shot, you're gonna be in my face and threaten my job? ok fuck you, you'll never get what you want outta me... and honestly content creators wanna make a short pitch at the beginning and one or two during a program it doesn't bother me at all, I'm there to watch them and support them... but the carnival of popups, infomercials and nutsack underpants commercials is fucking bullshit.

when the time comes all the internet content resembles Idiocracy sofa/shitter/screen level I will no longer be on looking at content for entertainment... strictly a quick research or purchase.
View Quote

Same, I just let the video roll.  No issue with those unless it becomes a lengthy schtick, I've seen a few videos where the sponsor promotion took over 4 minutes of the beginning of the video.  Not sure if the creator was actually super excited about the product and rambled, or if the sponsor required that much time to shill their product.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Same, I just let the video roll.  No issue with those unless it becomes a lengthy schtick, I've seen a few videos where the sponsor promotion took over 4 minutes of the beginning of the video.  Not sure if the creator was actually super excited about the product and rambled, or if the sponsor required that much time to shill their product.
View Quote

Most likely required air time to get paid.
We will pay you XX dollars to advertise our product, but it must be at least 4 min long and show all these specific details and say these specific good things about it.

But I also agree. A sponsored ad built into the video by the creator is not that bad. It is like that other poster mentioned, it is all the other bull shit and woke ads they force on you that I can not stand.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I had the pop-up start a week ago with the x to close in the corner. Today I just got my first timer. Have to see how long it takes before they escalate again. I'd be more willing to pay if they hadn't preceded this with several years of demonetizing and giving strikes to content creators that didn't match their lunatic progressive beliefs.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Just started getting the message yesterday.
I had been meaning to retire chrome, and this was justification enough.
I switched to Brave, and so far so good.
I've watched a good half dozen videos with no message.
I ought to uninstall chrome and edge. All they do is take up space now.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I started getting the popup. So far I just X out and the video will play. The popup comes back two or three times a day. I voluntarily watch ads or otherwise monetarily support channels I enjoy. For myself, this will only prevent me from wasting time on YouTube. I'll watch exactly what I came to watch, then leave the platform.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I refuse to give YouTube a cent of my hard-earned money. I know where the money is going.
View Quote

So stealing a service is ok if you disagree with their politics?

As I said, I can't keep up with the loose morality here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
uBlock Origin   ->   https://ublockorigin.com/

Go into the configuration for "My Filters"

Put this in it.

! Youtube Anti Anti Ad Blocker
www.youtube.com##+js(set, yt.config_.openPopupConfig.supportedPopups.adBlockMessageViewModel, false)
www.youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.adBlocksFound, 0)
www.youtube.com##+js(set, ytplayer.config.args.raw_player_response.adPlacements, [])
www.youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.hasAllowedInstreamAd, true)
www.youtube.com##ytd-rich-section-renderer.ytd-rich-grid-renderer.style-scope:nth-of-type(1)
www.youtube.com##ytd-rich-section-renderer.ytd-rich-grid-renderer.style-scope:nth-of-type(2)
www.youtube.com##ytd-reel-shelf-renderer.ytd-item-section-renderer.style-scope:nth-of-type(1)
www.youtube.com##ytd-reel-shelf-renderer.ytd-item-section-renderer.style-scope:nth-of-type(2)
www.youtube.com##ytd-rich-section-renderer.ytd-rich-grid-renderer.style-scope:nth-of-type(3)
www.youtube.com###details-container
www.youtube.com###foreground-content
www.youtube.com###offer-module
www.youtube.com##ytd-rich-item-renderer #video-title-link[title*="Mix"][href$="start_radio=1"]:upward(ytd-rich-item-renderer)
View Quote

Been using brave for the last 5 days with no issues.
Now suddenly I get the popup again and it started back right at where I stopped on chrome, with 1 video left. I watched a video and now nothing else plays. I now get the adblockers are not allowed on youtube, except now instead of a popup, it is where the video should be. Seems when I switched to brave, it just took them a few days to figure it out.

I added ublock to brave and added the code you posted and no change, I am still blocked.

I logged out and now I can watch videos again. So I guess for now I will just search for the videos manually while logged out until that no longer works.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do they get paid twice when you sit through their in-content ad for a sponsor?
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Host files are an alternative or try an od ball web browser that has ad blocker.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since I am only using brave to watch youtube so far, I just tried that. I cleared all cache, cookies and browser data.
I logged back into youtube and I am able to watch videos again.
If I have to clear it all out every few days then I will.
I'll see how long it takes to be blocked again, and if clearing the data fixes it again.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

How is watching a free service stealing?  That is the same old anti-piracy BS from the 80's.  Artists would strangle their own mother get their songs played on the radio that anyone could listen to 100% free, but if you wanted to RECORD it and play it again for yourself, suddenly you were the worst, most villanous pirate.  If someone hacks a netflix account, yeah, thats stealing, but youtube is free, and the vast bulk of its content is NOT monetized so nobody is missing out on any revenue.  

But, but, advertisers PAY for ads injected into video - yeah well they pay for bilboards too and I don't look at them either.  The worst part is its always the same dozen ads for people with Bad skin, Diabetes and HIV positive folks. None of these apply to me.  If I want to watch obese or alternative lifestyle people dancing, I know plenty of websites.  Besides I couldn't buy their products if I wanted to, so it literally is a waste of my time and data (site resources anyone?).  Technically by reducing the amount of data that youtube, etc. delivers, Adblocking saves $$.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm guessing this is the frontend of a plan where they are going to block adblocking services on YouTube. They probably figure their net revenue will go up, but I know I won't watch videos anymore.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#28]
well Google just paid the NFL to distribute NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube, and I believe you have to subscribe to YT to be able to buy it... that cost a whole lotta money.

maybe that investment has gone flat..
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How is watching a free service stealing?  That is the same old anti-piracy BS from the 80's.  Artists would strangle their own mother get their songs played on the radio that anyone could listen to 100% free, but if you wanted to RECORD it and play it again for yourself, suddenly you were the worst, most villanous pirate.  If someone hacks a netflix account, yeah, thats stealing, but youtube is free, and the vast bulk of its content is NOT monetized so nobody is missing out on any revenue.  

But, but, advertisers PAY for ads injected into video - yeah well they pay for bilboards too and I don't look at them either.  The worst part is its always the same dozen ads for people with Bad skin, Diabetes and HIV positive folks. None of these apply to me.  If I want to watch obese or alternative lifestyle people dancing, I know plenty of websites.  Besides I couldn't buy their products if I wanted to, so it literally is a waste of my time and data (site resources anyone?).  Technically by reducing the amount of data that youtube, etc. delivers, Adblocking saves $$.
View Quote

It's not a free service.  All the rest of your little diatribe here tries to dance around that fact, but you're wrong.  It's a paid for service where you're circumventing the paid part, hence it's theft of service at best.

Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's down for me now.  godawful safari is my only remaining resource.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Firefox on 2 PCs no issues yet with AB+
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 6:49:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's not a free service.  All the rest of your little diatribe here tries to dance around that fact, but you're wrong.  It's a paid for service where you're circumventing the paid part, hence it's theft of service at best.

View Quote

I bet you are one of those people who thinks that by obeying the speed limit, you are depriving the State of the revenue for a speeding ticket.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Their product is posted on the public internet without a paywall or other registration/payment required.  It's free.  There is no contract that says I agree to watch ads to consume the product they are putting out there.

It is ad-supported.  But it's Google's problem to figure out how to get people to watch ads so they can sell that ad exposure to their REAL customers.

Also, Google gets a lot of payment from gathering data that I also didn't agree to and then selling it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Their product is posted on the public internet without a paywall or other registration/payment required.  It's free.  There is no contract that says I agree to watch ads to consume the product they are putting out there.

It is ad-supported.  But it's Google's problem to figure out how to get people to watch ads so they can sell that ad exposure to their REAL customers.

Also, Google gets a lot of payment from gathering data that I also didn't agree to and then selling it.
View Quote

Whatever you need to believe to sleep at night, I suppose.

edit to add:

In the TOS you agree to when you use the service, listed in Permissions and Restrictions in paragraph two, it specifically states
(you are not allowed to) "circumvent, disable, fraudulently engage with, or otherwise interfere with any part of the Service (or attempt to do any of these things), including security-related features or features that (a) prevent or restrict the copying or other use of Content or (b) limit the use of the Service or Content;"

Also for the "I didn't sign no TOS" folks, I point out (in the same section) their comment "You may access and use the Service as made available to you, as long as you comply with this Agreement and applicable law".

If you use YouTube you tacitly agree to their TOS, if you do not follow their TOS you are breaking an agreement.

I guess your word means less to you than mine does to me.

To the guy trying to compare theft of service to speeding:  bless your heart.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I would sympathize with Google/Youtube if their content to ad ratio wasn't so out of wack.

When you have to watch a 2 minute commercial for a 5 minute video then have to watch another set of commercials if you stop 30 seconds in is over the top annoying.
I get they need to make money and that Google is an advertisement company, not a tech company but it's gotten out of control.
View Quote
This is my feelings also. This is why I use an ad blocker today, way too many ads and it would start up in the middle of a video.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice Southern passive aggressive insult.  Just come on out and say it.  You know you want to.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Nice Southern passive aggressive insult.  Just come on out and say it.  You know you want to.
View Quote

The last thing I am is passive aggressive.  

That being said, I hope you have the best possible day today.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

edit to add:

In the TOS you agree to when you use the service, listed in Permissions and Restrictions in paragraph two, it specifically states
(you are not allowed to) "circumvent, disable, fraudulently engage with, or otherwise interfere with any part of the Service (or attempt to do any of these things), including security-related features or features that (a) prevent or restrict the copying or other use of Content or (b) limit the use of the Service or Content;"

Also for the "I didn't sign no TOS" folks, I point out (in the same section) their comment "You may access and use the Service as made available to you, as long as you comply with this Agreement and applicable law".

If you use YouTube you tacitly agree to their TOS, if you do not follow their TOS you are breaking an agreement.

View Quote

The TOS are for creators not viewers, no one agrees to a TOS to watch a video. You can stop now, you were repeating the same garbage weeks ago on this topic.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

So, when a random person clicks on a youtube link and gets taken immediately to the video with no other interaction, or they watch a video embedded in another website, they are somehow agreeing to an unseen TOS that you believe carries weight because Google says so?  Would you be OK with a small print agreement on a highway billboard that says "by reading this, you agree to whatever we say"?  OMG DON'T READ THE SIGNS!!

I'm sorry that you feel like you are beholden to the Google overlords.  I do sleep fine at night in the afterglow of Youtube videos that I watch without ads.  When it becomes a real problem for Google, they will make it so you can't view videos without logging in and/or paying for the content directly.  Until it does, I sleep well knowing that Google isn't suffering because I'm not interested in an ad for Viagra, and refuse to watch it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok bro. I'll stop "stealing" the content when they stop censoring the content. How bout that?
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The TOS are for creators not viewers, no one agrees to a TOS to watch a video. You can stop now, you were repeating the same garbage weeks ago on this topic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

(let me edit this so someone doesn't cry to a moderator).  The TOS is for viewers too, not sure why you think that's not the case.

Quoted:

So, when a random person clicks on a youtube link and gets taken immediately to the video with no other interaction, or they watch a video embedded in another website, they are somehow agreeing to an unseen TOS that you believe carries weight because Google says so?  Would you be OK with a small print agreement on a highway billboard that says "by reading this, you agree to whatever we say"

First day on the internet?  Survey says: yes to my question and to yours.

Quoted:
Ok bro. I'll stop "stealing" the content when they stop censoring the content. How bout that?

Yeah, so... that's not how this works.  But as I said, whatever makes you sleep at night.

Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Update: a week ago i got he youtube pop up warning. It's been a week now and youtube still works normally. No other warnings. Using brave browser.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yup I noticed that today too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
*gasp* the return youtube dislike ext broke around noon today
Yup I noticed that today too.
Got mine working again with this version

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dislikes-in-youtube2/?utm_content=search&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=addons.mozilla.org
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

edit to add:

View Quote

Just curious - do you block any cookies or LSOs?  Or do you allow all websites to load your machine with what ever they want?
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just curious - do you block any cookies or LSOs?  Or do you allow all websites to load your machine with what ever they want?
View Quote

lol

"what about you? do YOU speed?"

what a classic response.  "I want to be right so you have to be as wrong as me as well"

Yeah, nah.  Nice try, though.

Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

lol

"what about you? do YOU speed?"

what a classic response.  "I want to be right so you have to be as wrong as me as well"

Yeah, nah.  Nice try, though.

View Quote

Nice avoidance maneuver.

Blocking spyware is the same as blocking ads, you are interfering with a revenue stream of a website.  Data mining and ads are the revenue these days, actually selling a product is a side benefit.  If you aren't a hypocrite, you're allowing all the spyware to be planted on your devices.

My opinion on spyware and ads has been consistent since the day the interwebs went GUI.  I have, and will, actively try and block attempts to plant spyware on my devices or place annoying crap in-my-face.  I don't block cookies on sites without spyware.  I don't block ads on sites without an excess of ads or annoying/ in-your-face ads.

As for supporting websites?  I have a paid membership on the websites I spend time on daily.  Guess what?  This is the only one of that handful of sites with ads for paid members.  And I still haven't blocked everything here, and still use the ads from time to time.  But I have blocked the active/ annoying content.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Pay the 20 bucks a month and never see another ad again?
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I refuse to give YouTube a cent of my hard-earned money. I know where the money is going.

If your sense of morality is that you should give your hard-earned money to corporations that are trying to destroy America, then your sense of morality is dogshit.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#49]
As I don't log into YouTube, I don't see how I can be held to their TOS.  I've never agreed to anything when I click play on a video embedded here or on their site.  If they wish to stop me watching their content, they are free to do so - and will suffer the fate of Photobucket.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#50]
As for TOS... Every website has legal boilerplate language basically allowing them to place whatever they want on your device. Some place the stuff on your device before you can even get to a page on the site to read the TOS or get a description of what they want to put on your device - if they even have the guts to actually list what they're planting. Some sites have a TOS that somehow allows them to claim ownership of any content you create, and they can use your content for their purposes like it was their own content, and the legal mumbo-jumbo is so ambiguous they can pretty much do what they want. Somehow, it's all legal for them, screw you.

If websites wanted to be transparent and honest, the first time you visit a site the first page that should display is the TOS and to continue you have click the "I Agree" button.  All before they place one damn cookie or LSO on your device.

Holding someone to a TOS by simply accessing any page of the site, or placing spyware on a person's device, before the person can even find and read the TOS, is shady bullshit.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top