Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool.  If the price is halfway reasonable, I might pick one up.

Will it accept G3 style stocks?  A folding/collapsible version would be a handy little truck gun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
These will be released once the first tax refund threads hit GD.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Will it accept G3 style stocks?  A folding/collapsible version would be a handy little truck gun.
View Quote

I asked the same (sort of) question earlier and the answer was maybe not.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Neat rifle,the Spaniards gonna regret giving up the Cetme for a G36
View Quote

A friend of mine says they already do...the rumor is that they received some pressure to "need" a new rifle...which happened to be built in Germany.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I'll have to buy one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#7]

I wonder how hard it would be to acquire actual factory tooling, since they won't be needing it anymore.  Isn't that what PTR did, or did they make their own dies and such?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
At $200 I'd be comfortable dropping the money on a kit that has no foreseeable barrel, receiver or 922r compliance parts even available to assemble said rifle.
At $300 I feel it would be a waste of money and would not purchase, until such time the needed support to assemble this kit is available
View Quote

This. Since they are not build able kits right now, the price has to be low for me to be willing to gamble. $200 would be damn near my max for a risk purchase.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Tag for something else I don't really need
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Needs moar female Spanish soldiers to go with it...

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/6/5425/spanish_female_soldiers.jpg
View Quote

You want Chorizo?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It won't. different lower and upper specs. size is different as is the shape. Now, an enterprising individual could probably modify an HK53/33 Collapsing stock with a little metal working skill. I've already spoke with a friend of mine who runs a machine shop and have use of his CNC's. Once someone designs a proper semi auto lower for it I will be machining out a receiver and new rear "sleeve" (for lack of a better word) that an Hk53 stock will mount to. I should be able to clone me a pretty decent LC clone.

The fun bit everyone fighting with the ATF over getting said Semi trigger pack, bolt, receiver combo approved.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah the parts needed first to build it (receiver, barrel,etc) then the parts to make it 922r compliant, then getting atf seal of approval might be fun and make for a long wait....

Also as far as the ak vs. cetme l, with as many ak kits are possible in the world and as hard as it is to get some parts still made for them i wonder how fast the aftermarket is willing to jump on these ?

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah the parts needed first to build it (receiver, barrel,etc) then the parts to make it 922r compliant, then getting atf seal of approval might be fun and make for a long wait....

Also as far as the ak vs. cetme l, with as many ak kits are possible in the world and as hard as it is to get some parts still made for them i wonder how fast the aftermarket is willing to jump on these ?

View Quote

What parts are hard to get for an AK?
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is exactly ZERO percent parts interchangability between a CETME L series and any HK weapon........ZERO

The cross-section of an L receiver is much narrower, and more "squared" than the HK 3-5 series guns.......and the trigger pack is substantially different as well........

After you obtain the stamping machinery/tooling to manufacture a unique receiver which no one seems to have any dimensions for, you're gonna need to come up with some sort of denial device to weld into your semi receiver, fab a modified trigger pack that is incapable of accepting a FA sear/trip lever that will only fit in the receiver w/denial device mentioned earlier, and hope someone decides to mfg. a bbl in the correct dimensions with a fluted chamber (that works)

922R ???

Head over to weaponeer, or weaponsguild and read the threads with posts from us who have been rebuilding scrap into semis for the past 20 years......these aint gonna be easy by any means....

There is a good reason people haven't been stamping out M3A1 Greasegun or StG 44 receivers for a few hundred bucks a piece.......limited amount of kits+limited market+huge tooling costs

Wanna own something no one else has?.....figure 2000-2500 by the time you're putting rounds downrange....
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Barrels, receivers etc for psl,svd rpk etc, bulged trunnion receivers arr gettin harder to find.
I would bet there are more 54r variants of the ak out there as far as pure raw numbers then cetme L.
And with all the different variants of the 54r models and i would bet a large group willing to buy those parts there seems to be no real aftermarket desire to produce those parts.
There are other versions to but this is just one example.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sans barrel and receivers, I might go for one of these for $100.
View Quote

Same here...
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Probably a dumb question, but if stamped receivers are going to be so hard and costly to do. Why not make ones out of billet instead?
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You want Chorizo?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Needs moar female Spanish soldiers to go with it...

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/6/5425/spanish_female_soldiers.jpg

You want Chorizo?

Mmmmmm...Spanish chorizo.  Whole different thing than what Mexicans call chorizo.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Neat rifles, but the price is going to have to be stupid cheap for me to pick one up with no idea if anyone will make a receiver for it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Probably a dumb question, but if stamped receivers are going to be so hard and costly to do. Why not make ones out of billet instead?
View Quote

Billet alum. would be a no-go for these...remember the cast alum./machined POS receivers Federal Arms made for the HK-91's/G-3's ????...to replicate (with accurate exterior dimensions/appearance) a steel receiver for a CETME L by machining would require about as much machine time as is required for a Hyundai 4 cyl engine.....

It would be cheaper to buy an FNC.......

I don't mean to be negative, but unless they are bringing in 10-15K of these kits, I don't see the people with the manufacturing resources stepping up to the plate to make the missing bits......especially when new AR's and AK's are having a hard time selling at 7-800 bucks.....

Reach out to people who bought some of the SIG 510-4 or Beretta AR-70 kits years ago......see how long it has taken, and how much it has cost to end up with a functional semi.....this is the same deal.....except the receiver is more complicated, and these don't have barrels...
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Neat rifles, but the price is going to have to be stupid cheap for me to pick one up with no idea if anyone will make a receiver for it.
View Quote
Worst comes to worst, I'll 3d print out a dummy receiver and mock up a barrel, and have a really cool wall decoration.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Yeah i forgot about the berretta ar kits, i agree these are cool guns and i would like to have one but it would have to be around the 200 dollar range.
Also as stated alot of false idea's tbat hk parts arr gpnna fit, as witnessed by numerous posts over the internet posting links to hk receivrr flats for these kits.
Another point made was the number of kits released vs what the parts builders feel is a reasonable sales volume vs profit per part sold.

Alot of varibles right now. Look at ak replacement parts, how many kits were in country and how many home builders were building receivers from scratch before after market sources became main stream.

Its going to be an interesting journey but i think a very slow one.

It would be nice to see some reasonable priced semi bolt for pph's or even sten's. ;-)
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 2:19:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 2:27:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 2:35:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

A friend of mine says they already do...the rumor is that they received some pressure to "need" a new rifle...which happened to be built in Germany.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their beachmasters had 7.62 CETMEs in uhhh 06,07 while everyone else had G-36s with no 5.56 CETMEs to be seen.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#26]
They're up on the website. $225
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They're up on the website. $225
View Quote

They won't ship it to Washington State.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I care nothing for your excuses.  Belt fed goodness, now!  

There is always the belt-fed goodness of the M53!

https://www.apexgunparts.com/images/MachineGun/M53_and_Accessories.jpg

The M53 kits are in stock and available to order thru the web site.

APEX also has new M53 barrels.

Richard

Alright, let's rephrase.  Belt fed goodness in a nice common chambering like 5.56, now!

Those kits ARE really cool, though.  Perhaps when we've recovered from the Christmas spending (and the recent 4K+ spent on car problems ).

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There is exactly ZERO percent parts interchangability between a CETME L series and any HK weapon........ZERO

The cross-section of an L receiver is much narrower, and more "squared" than the HK 3-5 series guns.......and the trigger pack is substantially different as well........

After you obtain the stamping machinery/tooling to manufacture a unique receiver which no one seems to have any dimensions for, you're gonna need to come up with some sort of denial device to weld into your semi receiver, fab a modified trigger pack that is incapable of accepting a FA sear/trip lever that will only fit in the receiver w/denial device mentioned earlier, and hope someone decides to mfg. a bbl in the correct dimensions with a fluted chamber (that works)
922R ???

Head over to weaponeer, or weaponsguild and read the threads with posts from us who have been rebuilding scrap into semis for the past 20 years......these aint gonna be easy by any means....

There is a good reason people haven't been stamping out M3A1 Greasegun or StG 44 receivers for a few hundred bucks a piece.......limited amount of kits+limited market+huge tooling costs

Wanna own something no one else has?.....figure 2000-2500 by the time you're putting rounds downrange....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

922R ???

Ouch!  
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Ordered.  I'll take a chance on it.

Besides, if things don't work out, dummy receiver and barrel for a bitchin' wall hanger.

Next payday, if they're still around, I'll probably order a second, even.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Intro price is better than I expected. I'm in for one.

I'm thinking by the sounds of it Apex bought out a lot of these. Someone will make a receiver and barrel. - that's 2 US parts right off the bat. Takes AR mags - that's 3 parts, add a US FH'er, we are at 6 parts, then its just matter of either replacing the hammer, trigger or cocking handle with a US part, of which I'm thinking the hammer would be easiest to bring us to 7.

That said its not one of those kits I'm going to have together in a week thats for sure. I may have to sit on it for couple of years if and when parts become available. Even if I never build it (like so many of the kits I've collected), its still a neat kit to add to my collection.

I've got 6 other delayed roller guns so this would fit right in if it gets built.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#35]
APEX bought ALL the kits available, if they prove to be a big seller someone out there will find a way to make a receiver, it will just take time I just placed my order, may get another if they still have them next month.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#36]
I picked up one as well.....even after the "critical" post I made above........I just hate buying an odd/obscure kit, sitting on it for years, then have someone come up with a receiver solution 2 months after I sell it
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The Model L/LC was never reliable - in fact, a trail of problems can be traced back to a total lack of testing in the field before adopting the weapon, and a lack of quality control in its production.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Model L/LC was never reliable - in fact, a trail of problems can be traced back to a total lack of testing in the field before adopting the weapon, and a lack of quality control in its production.  

We're the bugs ever worked out?
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a bit on Wikipedia about many of the problems being related to the original handguards (excess heat retention) and the steel mags that were issued.

ETA:  I have no idea if there are or were other issues, though.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Pretty sure I just flushed $240 down the drain.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#40]
From what I read on another board where an ex-Spanish soldier posted said most of the problems with them were mag related (they were issued Santa Barbara made mags that didn't fit right.) So my guess is being that they take AR mags that's a non issue. A good GI mag with a magpul follower should take care of that. He said too some had weak recoil springs which again would be an easy fix.

My biggest concern is this build will live or die on receiver availability. If Apex wants to sell a boat load of these I hope they get a barrel and receiver vendor lined up, which I'm guessing they will as they have done so in the past.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Pretty sure I just flushed $240 down the drain.
View Quote

I want to pull the trigger on this , but that is a major concern.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#42]
What the hell, I took the gamble.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I picked up one as well.....even after the "critical" post I made above........I just hate buying an odd/obscure kit, sitting on it for years, then have someone come up with a receiver solution 2 months after I sell it
View Quote

This is the main reason I bought one, I have sold too many kits them some time down the road having receivers available after kits dry up!
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#44]
In for 1, hopefully someone mocks up the barrels and such for these.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Yeah i bought 1 too for this price. I hope there is enuff interest to see receiver flats made.
I hope we can get enuff info showing up on things like barrel dimensions to atleast see if there are any barrel blanks that can be turned down to fit.
I dont know of any real usable info or dimensions other than whats on wiki...
Be cool to see some blue prints show up...
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Dear PTR,

You're Welcome.

Love,
Apex
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Is the trigger pack full auto or semi only?

If you were to modify the trigger pack to semi only, would the trigger modification work constitute manufacturing enough to make the trigger parts that are modded "made in USA" per 922r?

Wes
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:36:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is the trigger pack full auto or semi only?

If you were to modify the trigger pack to semi only, would the trigger modification work constitute manufacturing enough to make the trigger parts that are modded "made in USA" per 922r?

Wes
View Quote

No, the parts need to manufactured in the US, not just modified here. A US made trigger and hammer would help.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey Apex...any chance you can give us free shipping on these for orders placed this week?

Wes
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:03:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Many negative comments by people whom want others to build it for them and then post awesome shit about how much bigger it's going to make their D%^k'  Love the fan boy stating it's not bla bla bla.

So fanboy's and label huger's do us a favor and let the real Americans with can do attitudes take a stab at it.  You can always say I told you so and no sweat off your brow.

To us the builders this is going to be fun and a new project!
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top