Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Does Popeye’s have God on their side? No.

Because God loves CFA.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a CFA by my work, and a Popeyes by my house. I love popeyes but the one by my house is always out of something, especially sides. The CFA by my work is absolutely amazing. When they first opened there was a line out to the street in the drive through, and I was through it with a huge order in less than 15 mins. They really have their shit together. That said I find CFA to be pretty bland unless you put a bunch of sauce on it, and I will never understand the love for their fries. I love waffle fries but theirs are meh at best.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck no.

I wouldn’t eat GhettoChicken if a $20 bill was at the bottom of the bucket. Yuck.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I was walking the dog a couple of weeks ago, and in front of me was a nurse from the hospital walking back with a Popeyes bag and a drink, and I thought maybe I'll try that one as it's only about a block away from home, then this was on the news:
Mice Seen Running Around South Philadelphia Popeyes Restaurant

Same one i was contemplating going to.

There's another one I stop in maybe twice a year. The service is comically bad, and I have to sit in the car counting chicken pieces to make sure I didn't get a bucket of wings- again.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I love me some Popeyes

Sometimes you just gotta have that completely shit even for fast food customer service and trashy building/location ambiance to go with your tasty chicken with bayou buffalo sauce and red beans and rice
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think CFA has the best chicken sandwich out of all the fast-food type places. However, I've always wondered why Popeyes(who I think make the best fried chicken out of all franchise places) never had a real competitor. Well, looks like this might change come tomorrow nationwide. I for one will be trying it out since the CFA and Popeyes here are practically right next to one another.

Cost: $3.99

the sandwich features a buttermilk battered and hand-breaded chicken breast filet, two barrel-cured pickles, and a choice of either classic mayo or spicy Cajun spread on a buttery, toasted brioche bun
View Quote
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JlPNUShs0NQ/XU5QloSYt5I/AAAAAAABG60/eaUGYELq6VsNVUfDnYxLgP85NWkJqGAEQCLcBGAs/s1600/popeyes-chicken-sandwich.jpg

https://www.brandeating.com/2019/08/popeyes-unveils-new-chicken-sandwich.html

Review
View Quote
I can’t wait to try it. CFA is Mediocre to me. Love Popeyes though
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#7]
It might be a great sandwich if done right, but Popeyes has the worse employees of any fast crow place around me. They struggle to cook the food and get out orders. Some struggle to get off their ass.

I have had to wait for 30 minutes for food when they were not remotely busy I have gone by 15 minutes before closing only to see they already locked the doors and stopped manning the drive through.  It is so rare they get an order decent I just don’t bother anymore-not with nearby hate chicken and a cains
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say CFA sandwiches suck. Their service, speed, cleanliness can't be beat, but their food is not anything special.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#9]
LoL

no op

Mr. Cathay has the Hate Chicken machine so well oiled that swiss watch makers go to his seminars to learn about precision.

Popeye's has trouble knowing when it's going to be 5:30 if it's 5:29

Great fried chicken, but a CFA competitor they are not.

Plus...God is on Chick Fil A's side.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I think they both suck.

Absolutely despise Chick-fil-A.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are they going to start hiring polite little white kids now? Or will they still be the same attitude entitled ghetto goblins?
View Quote
Stay fucking classy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Poop-eyes sucks and it isn't eggs. At least the franchise here does. They opened one in Stoughton and the better half felt like a quick bite so I said okay. It was awful. I'm not kidding when I say the iced-tea was dishwater. As for the food, and I think I make a decent fried chicken but if you make me a paraplegic, I could still make better. Never again. Oh, then one night I was gassing up next door and whirl-star broke out in the lot.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Popeyes is good when it’s good, but their quality control is lacking. Haven’t seen that yet from Chick Fill-ey, they’ve been consistently good.

Service and cleanliness aren’t even a contest between the two. Minimum wage disgruntled Popeyes experience is too common.

Speed of getting your order is almost universal in Popeyes favor. But then, I’ve never had to wait in line for Popeyes either.

I will still go to both, but I’m more likely to go for Hate Chicken if for nothing more than those savory liberal tears.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think they both suck.

View Quote
Does your preacher know you talk about the lord's chicken in vain like this?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think they both suck.

I dunno about the preacher, but I spoke to God this morning and he and I agreed that CFA chicken was sweet and disgusting.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#18]
No way.

I've been to Popeye's that were hot, messy (even dirty), with employees that looked like they'd rather kill you than serve you.

EVERY SINGLE Hate Chicken I've been to (even at an airport) was clean, pleasant, and had happy, helpful employees.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Popeye's chicken tastes much better than CFA's, and that sandwich looks better than CFA's too.
View Quote

ShareBlue, is that you....
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hahahaha.

No.

It ain’t just about the chicken sammich.
View Quote
This here says it!
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish I had a Popeyes within a 30 mile radius.

Love that shit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Ha ha billy boy.....no
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I've never been in a Popeyes that didn't look like it was about to be a: the scene of a violent crime, or b: shut down by the health department,
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Been to both places about 3 times . Popeyes is always good .

I have yet to be impressed w the chick f place .
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Popeyes food is good, but I’ve yet to find on that either wasn’t out of items or had food that wasn’t under a heat lamp for most over the day.  Plus, the service sucks, I swear most of their employees are shooting up on break.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Popeyes food sucks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It might be a great sandwich if done right, but Popeyes has the worse employees of any fast crow place around me. They struggle to cook the food and get out orders. Some struggle to get off their ass.

I have had to wait for 30 minutes for food when they were not remotely busy I have gone by 15 minutes before closing only to see they already locked the doors and stopped manning the drive through.  It is so rare they get an order decent I just don’t bother anymore-not with nearby hate chicken and a cains
View Quote
Who waits 30 mins at a fast food joint and not ask for their money back and leave but going by one 15 mins before they close?!?!?
I don't even like going by a place 30 mins before they close. They've already started cleaning up and nothing is going to be fresh 15mins before they closed.

Anyway I like popeyes and will try the sammich. CFA has everyone beat on service but honestly they're not the best chicken. They changed their recipe years ago and it's not as good as it was.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
"If their newly-redesigned website is any indication, it looks likely that the new sandwich will be replacing their Chicken Po' Boy."

Noooooooooooo!
View Quote
Yeah, no crap.

The spicy chicken Po Boy is gone, I can verify this fromt he last time I went there. It was far and away the best fast food chicken sandwich anywhere (including Chic Fil A), there is no way this new thing lives up to it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#29]
The Popeye's here is clean and well staffed.  The food is terribly greasy though and their fries suck.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks good, but it will not cut into the hate chicken monopoly. They've carved a solid niche in the fast food game. Their service is second to none. I like me some Popeye's on occasion, but the employees there are mostly miserable slugs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
lol, no

popeyes is just about the worst fast food place I've ever eat.  From the quality of the food to the service, it's just about universally terrible.
View Quote
That's so weird:  I've never eaten a bad meal there.  Spicy chicken, dirty rice, a jalapeo and a coke.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah no!

Never once have I had anything but shitty over processed stringy popeyes chicken filets and fingers.  They are far behind hate chicken. Even far behind Micky D's and the Colonel.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You honestly think that the CFA faithful will abandon their brand for another chain's quasi tasty sandwich?
View Quote
On Sunday....
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#34]
There are Popeye's locations south and southwest of Atlanta where you won't get served if you're not black. I don't think Chik-Fil-A has that issue.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think CFA has the best chicken sandwich out of all the fast-food type places. However, I've always wondered why Popeyes(who I think make the best fried chicken out of all franchise places) never had a real competitor. Well, looks like this might change come tomorrow nationwide. I for one will be trying it out since the CFA and Popeyes here are practically right next to one another.

the sandwich features a buttermilk battered and hand-breaded chicken breast filet, two barrel-cured pickles, and a choice of either classic mayo or spicy Cajun spread on a buttery, toasted brioche bun
View Quote
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JlPNUShs0NQ/XU5QloSYt5I/AAAAAAABG60/eaUGYELq6VsNVUfDnYxLgP85NWkJqGAEQCLcBGAs/s1600/popeyes-chicken-sandwich.jpg

Review
View Quote
That looks amazing!
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
lol, no

popeyes is just about the worst fast food place I've ever eat.  From the quality of the food to the service, it's just about universally terrible.
View Quote
Our Popeyes is ghetto as shit, dirty as hell, and has the staff to match.  It’s a newer store also and was custom built as a stand-alone.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Made me laugh loudly. That from a cranky old fart who doesn't laugh much. ??????
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Popeye's is better chicken, but I've never been in one where the store wasn't a mess, and the workers weren't a bunch of surly fucks.

Why do why always get CFA threads on Sundays?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Review
View Quote
Fuck no
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#41]
I see you are in ID. Before you count CFA out you need to visit a Popeyes in practically any city below the Mason Dixon line. Then you will see why Popeyes will not be able to compete with CFA.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There are Popeye's locations south and southwest of Atlanta where you won't get served if you're not black. I don't think Chik-Fil-A has that issue.
View Quote
....what he said!   I travel all of the USA - this is very much the case!

I like both places just fine - But service is non existent in most Popeye's.

If you need a pick me up - go to Hate Chicken.  They are so nice, it makes me happy!  Food is fine too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
I somehow ended up in a restaurant in Atlanta one time, all black folks.  They acted like I didn't exist.  I got into an argument, ended up outside, some guy wanting to fight me.  I picked up a nice chunk of concrete and told him I was going to smash his head in.

This was about one year prior to sobering up and getting my life on track.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
One of the Popeyes near us is a "test kitchen."  That sandwich is really good!
View Quote
The fisherwoman and I will be taste testesting these today.

I really want them to have a Catfish Po Boy with that spicy catfish they havin.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've never been in a Popeyes that didn't look like it was about to be a: the scene of a violent crime, or b: shut down by the health department,
View Quote
This. Dark, dirty, very unwelcoming. It is the polar opposite of CFA.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#46]
The KFC Nashville hot chicken sandwich is better than anything. Fight me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Popeyes needs better help
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Doubtful. Customer service at my nearest Popeye's is garbage. It's a literal coin toss on if they get my order right. And it's not even a location in the ghetto. Only reason I keep going back is because it's Popeye's and not in the ghetto.

There was one single time my local CFA screwed up my order.

I'll certainly try their sandwich though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I like Popeye's but no.
View Quote
This

Hate chicken is best chicken
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Bonchon is the current tier 1 fast food fried chicken.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top