Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 6:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Crying room? Why crying? I think it is awesome that Ford has come out with this new Bronco. Given how Jeep sells just about every Wrangler they can manage to crank out, thus making Jeep the big profit driver for FCA, I am really surprised that it has taken this long for someone else to decide they want a piece of that pie.

I look forward to seeing how well the new Bronco does, both off-road and in terms of sales. Being a Jeep guy, I am most interested in how it compares in off-road capability. I hope that we get some well devised comparison testing articles and/or videos as these get into the hands of the press. (not that I have a lot of faith in the automotive press, who seem to think that a well-graded dirt road = off-roading)

Most of all, I want to see the competition from the Bronco force Jeep to improve the Wrangler. Even small things like that rail on the dash for attaching electronics would be a nice thing. Making lockers and swaybar disconnects available on all trim levels would be another. I don't think the Jeep engineers will want to be outdone by the blue oval, so if management allows, I hope they fire back with good things.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 6:51:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here it is with a lift and 37s, and a tiny man in the driver's seat.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/105832/2021_Bronco_2_inch_lift_kit_37_inch_tire-1504659.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The point about putting lifts above 3 or 4 inches on IFS is valid.  The control arms only have so much range.  Going past that requires long travel arms and suspension and usually major fender work along with bulletproof CVs.  But if it can fit 35s stock, you can probably squeeze some 37s without too much trouble.  Solid axle lifts are much easier generally.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/105832/2021_Bronco_2_inch_lift_kit_37_inch_tire-1504659.JPG

Caption: “Midget drops entire powertrain attempting to leave the parking lot of Toilet Seat Hill in a Bronco test vehicle”
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The point about putting lifts above 3 or 4 inches on IFS is valid.  The control arms only have so much range.  Going past that requires long travel arms and suspension and usually major fender work along with bulletproof CVs.  But if it can fit 35s stock, you can probably squeeze some 37s without too much trouble.  Solid axle lifts are much easier generally.

Damn that looks good!
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

One thing that pic really shows is how high the body line is. Man, cars are FUCKED UP looking now! I bet that guy can’t even see out the windows with the doors on.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

One thing that pic really shows is how high the body line is. Man, cars are FUCKED UP looking now! I bet that guy can’t even see out the windows with the doors on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, he's a manlet, so.......

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:56:03 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

The guy who posted the pic on the watermarked site claims to be 5'10"...so actually one inch taller than average male height in the US.  It's a 2" lift kit on 37s...on a vehicle that already has 11+ inches of ground clearance standard.

Looks like it is bigger than it appeared to be without a banana (or Wrangler) for scale.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:57:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Too wide. High cg. Terrible on the real trails.
View Quote

@frayedknot

It’s 2.5 Inches wider than a SWB TJ Wrangler and the CG I bet is pretty similar as all the weight is low and in the driveline. I have owned and wheeled a Wrangler have you owned or driven a Pinz?

Ever see a Wrangler do this?

Oh, and it can carry 10 people, tow 3300lbs inside or carry 2500lbs inside.

But ignore the whole “if it’s not a solid axle it’s shit” part of the argument and try and find other faults. Do some searching of YouTube for Pinzgauer off-roading videos and then get back to me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It’s 2.5 Inches wider than a SWB TJ Wrangler and the CG I bet is pretty similar as all the weight is low and in the driveline. I have owned and wheeled a Wrangler have you owned or driven a Pinz?

Ever see a Wrangler do this?

Oh, and it can carry 10 people, tow 3300lbs inside or carry 2500lbs inside.
View Quote

Yes, but not one that looks that bone stock.  That is impressive.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#10]
One of my brother's CJs he rebuilt. It's funny how Bronco switched directions in the 80s, and now they're headed back to a jeep style. I'd almost rather see a reworked Bronco from my childhood, with an F-150 front end, two doors and just a small storage area. Throw some lockers and a winch in the package. Even if it has IFS. Or base it on a super duty and throw solid axles under it. Shut up and take my money.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, he's a manlet, so.......

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467703/saleen_jpg-1504720.JPG

OK that is **really** cool looking!
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#12]
LoL, only threat those Brono's pose is a few less sales of Nissan Rogues.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No front solid axles no care

Haha, you know what else doesn’t have solid front or even rear axles ?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164962/B8BE614A-21B2-406C-982C-8C481A13A97C_jpe-1504611.JPG

That, and it will off road like a fucking monster on street tires!

Lulz.

Pinz dominate trails.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lulz.

Pinz dominate trails.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164962/B8BE614A-21B2-406C-982C-8C481A13A97C_jpe-1504611.JPG

Lulz.

Pinz dominate trails.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Y u h8 jeepz?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Rented a brand new one in Costa Rica a year and a half ago,   I wanted to bring it home so bad.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just wish someone would be able to bring in the Suzuki Jimny. 30+ mpg, solid axles and body on frame.

Rented a brand new one in Costa Rica a year and a half ago,   I wanted to bring it home so bad.  

I am very jealous
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:35:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Try hammering the bead on an alloy wheel back into shape so it holds air after denting it with a rock.
View Quote

Why would I buy such crappy wheels that bend in the first place?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try hammering the bead on an alloy wheel back into shape so it holds air after denting it with a rock.

Looks like we’ve found someone who thinks driving on all-season dirt roads is “off-roading.”
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#18]
It HaS iFs WiNs kOh

Take a look at the Lesbaru IFS-

Now take a look at real off road IFS-

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Looks like we’ve found someone who thinks driving on all-season dirt roads is “off-roading.”
View Quote

OK Boomer

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Triggered-143.gif

Why are you so emotional about the Bronco?
View Quote

Emotional? Not quite.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Same same. Trickster!
View Quote

Don't make me beat my alloy beads
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Looking at the bronco those cv shaft angles are pretty steep, you definitely don’t have room for much, maybe not any extra lift without going to new control arms and longer cv shafts. Also Not sure how much a disconnecting sway bar is going to do when you have minimal down travel setup like that.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yep, looks like about $120k worth of shit that’s never left the pavement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here is another one for the followers of gay Bronco
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/dsc_0933-jpg.31693/

Yep, looks like about $120k worth of shit that’s never left the pavement.

Gotta hand it to them for the pics..It seems a lot of Jeep owners go on some dirt road with a big rock and a guy taking pics when the Jeep gets the front right wheel on the top of the rock. There is almost always a line of Jeeps waiting for this same pic...Now these guys, just get a forklift to raise the Jeep and take a pic instead of having to go on a dirty road. I think there is an example of my first point by a Jeep owner in this very thread lol
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Looking at the bronco those cv shaft angles are pretty steep, you definitely don’t have room for much, maybe not any extra lift without going to new control arms and longer cv shafts. Also Not sure how much a disconnecting sway bar is going to do when you have minimal down travel setup like that.
View Quote

Unfortunately, the CVs are already maxed out on angle.
The only way to truly gain travel properly would be to put longer arms then have RCV or whoever make some longer shafts. Suspension will have to remain the same or geometry will be fucked. The car already exhibits positive camber.

Then comes the tards with huge negative offset wheels and they will be blowing balljoints and wearing out the suspension components fairly quickly.

I'm not sure how much a disco swaybar would help something like this. In the off-road examples I posted, a disco helps greatly when you get into the slow stuff.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Gotta hand it to them for the pics..It seems a lot of Jeep owners go on some dirt road with a big rock and a guy taking pics when the Jeep gets the front right wheel on the top of the rock. There is almost always a line of Jeeps waiting for this same pic...Now these guys, just get a forklift to raise the Jeep and take a pic instead of having to go on a dirty road. I think there is an example of my first point by a Jeep owner in this very thread lol
View Quote

The pic was from an off road shop that was testing the system out before hitting the trails which they indeed do.

Err, I mean fuck testing things before use right
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The pic was from an off road shop that was testing the system out before hitting the trails which they indeed do.

Err, I mean fuck testing things before use right
View Quote

Ya, you are right.

Shops that build rigs to run the Baja 1000 all do the same thing with a forklift to test the suspension out .

Give me a fucking break lol

That's a mallcrawler for some 17 year old girl with rich folks.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ya, you are right.

Shops that build rigs to run the Baja 1000 all do the same thing with a forklift to test the suspension out .

Give me a fucking break lol

That's a mallcrawler for some 17 year old girl with rich folks.
View Quote

Does this one trigger you too

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
LoL, only threat those Brono's pose is a few less sales of Nissan Rogues.
View Quote

The website crashed with preorders and the First Year edition or whatever it's called sold out the first night to the tune of $63k...
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Y u h8 jeepz?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lulz.

Pinz dominate trails.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Y u h8 jeepz?

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I think it’s cool, and it’s good that jeep has some similar competition again.

Hope it continues to reignite interest in the older broncos, hopefully that will help bring resto parts for the 92-96 trucks to market.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Doesn't change the design or it's heritage, which didn't come from ford.
View Quote

It's kinda like 'orange man bad', except it's 'blue oval bad'.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#33]
The ball joints looks smaller than what comes on a RZR

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#34]
I was a hater with the original renderings of the Bronco but I admit I'm digging what Ford made. Love that you can do a roof rack and still remove the tops over the passengers as well as the rear windows vs putting a full cage on a Wrangler or bolting your top down to the roll bar. The retro styling is growing on me - never been a big fan of huge doors and tiny windows but it works on the 4dr and looks awesome with the top off. Best part is it's not a Chrysler... Absolutely hate how Chrysler has dealt with with my Wrangler's problems and generally how shitty Chrysler products are across the board. If the Bronco just starts every time I tell it to, it's going to be a more reliable trail vehicle than my Wrangler.

I'll probably go test drive one but I doubt I'll actually buy. Curious if it lights a fire under Jeep.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#35]
The mewling of Jeep owners in this thread is glorious. Bronco is on my must buy list. Sasquatch package, MFr.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

One thing that pic really shows is how high the body line is. Man, cars are FUCKED UP looking now! I bet that guy can't even see out the windows with the doors on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One thing that pic really shows is how high the body line is. Man, cars are FUCKED UP looking now! I bet that guy can't even see out the windows with the doors on.
Crash safety.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Emotional? Not quite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Triggered-143.gif

Why are you so emotional about the Bronco?

Emotional? Not quite.

Looking at your posts would suggest otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, the CVs are already maxed out on angle.
The only way to truly gain travel properly would be to put longer arms then have RCV or whoever make some longer shafts. Suspension will have to remain the same or geometry will be fucked. The car already exhibits positive camber.

Then comes the tards with huge negative offset wheels and they will be blowing balljoints and wearing out the suspension components fairly quickly.

I'm not sure how much a disco swaybar would help something like this. In the off-road examples I posted, a disco helps greatly when you get into the slow stuff.
View Quote

"BuT MuH IFsss"  

Not to mention those thin ass tie rods pushing around 35s.  Even worse when stepped up in tire size.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Stole this one earlier off the Book of Faces

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#40]
The new Bronco is sharp, and the Ramcharger concept is sexy AF, but I won’t be trading my Jeep for the new stuff. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's kinda like 'orange man bad', except it's 'blue oval bad'.
View Quote

Except blue oval really is bad lol.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

"BuT MuH IFsss"  

Not to mention those thin ass tie rods pushing around 35s.  Even worse when stepped up in tire size.
View Quote

I'm seeing bigger stuff on UTVs but those are meant to hit the dirt
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Stole this one earlier off the Book of Faces

https://i.ibb.co/cyBS1dn/FB-IMG-1594835751119.jpg
View Quote

That’s funny.

And I’m in the Toyota camp.

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Looking at your posts would suggest otherwise.
View Quote

Why can someone not have an opinion, and it be just a opinion? Why do you think I'm sitting here screaming at my phone because of some bullshit on the internet?

Here's the deal, jeep isn't going anywhere, will they lose some sales to the knock off harbor freight version of a jeep? Sure. Will i ever buy one? No. Will this spur jeep to come up with bigger and better? If they want to continue selling Jeeps, absolutley. Competition is great, but don't pretend that ford didn't do some serious copying of jeep, they did, it's blatantly obvious. I particularly don't care, my wife drives a jl, it's a lifted mall crawler. I drive a one owner tj Rubicon on 35s with 85k original miles, it's not a mall crawler. I'm not in the market for anything new until i can get a jt Rubicon, with 6sp manual, and a real diesel, that's not going to happen. So I'll stick to my tj, until i decide to sell it and build my 3rd cj7. You boys can have that knock off shit Ford is building, i really don't care. That's my opinion, its worth what you paid for it...... and i wrote all of that without screaming, or shedding a single tear, no emotion at all.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#45]
17 year old rich girl, Casey Currie, Jeep JL forklift flex test
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

We got ONE rock in our whole fucking state and you're surprised people wanna crawl up on it?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#47]
This is for the guy who hates car culture
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#48]
The upper arm and BJ in an unequal length A arm setup don't really take much load. I'd be more worried about bending those alignment tabs
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The upper arm and BJ in an unequal length A arm setup don't really take much load. I'd be more worried about bending those alignment tabs
View Quote

Not true.
The unequal lengths are designed to keep camber the same throughout suspension cycling. In this case, camber is looking positive which is not good for the rough stuff.

The wheel's offset will be what determines load on the ball joints. I'm sure the factory has the least amount of load and putting larger tires on the stock wheels or wheels with the same offset would reduce load on the ball joint. These factors change quickly when a wheel with just a tiny bit of negative offset is introduced; the load increases greatly on the ball joints.

This is for offroad only, of course.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top