Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 87
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:52:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I actually don't know, but I would guess that many of them are stolen.
View Quote
This bitch will NOT pass out.

It's almost like he works in shifts.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:52:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Blaming gun owners for the actions of thieves is A SHITTY IDEA!!!  Just so you know for sure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First of all, thank you, for not dismissing me out of hand.

I agree: stuff like "fast and furious," definitely, we need to look out for that. We need to defend our rights. However, I think we also can at least try to come up with some solutions. I mean, even little things might help.

Example: What if a state government that has sales taxes excludes taxes for gun safes and lock boxes? It's a tiny step, but maybe a few more people would buy gun safes and lock up their guns, not just in case they have a mentally ill person in the house, but also to make it harder for criminals to steal guns when the owners aren't home.
Good idea, Aren't most firearms used in crimes in fact stolen firearms?
Blaming gun owners for the actions of thieves is A SHITTY IDEA!!!  Just so you know for sure.
Lug1, nobody is blaming the gun owners. We're suggesting a way to prevent thieves from stealing guns. Right now, I'm a hypocrite because if someone broke into my house, there are guns they could steal (and a few they couldn't). I live alone, so I'm not worried about kids or teens getting them, but I probably should have everything locked up to prevent bad guys from possibly arming themselves at my expense.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:53:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Precisely WTF does that have to do with THIS particular shooting?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liberal meth is a helluva drug
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:54:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
haha, stop feeding the DU troll.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So it's the gun owners for fault for locking his front door but not putting a gun in a safe?  DO YOU REALIZE YOU HAVE JUST SAID THAT?
Lug1 knows I'm not a troll.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:54:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lug1, nobody is blaming the gun owners. We're suggesting a way to prevent thieves from stealing guns. Right now, I'm a hypocrite because if someone broke into my house, there are guns they could steal (and a few they couldn't). I live alone, so I'm not worried about kids or teens getting them, but I probably should have everything locked up to prevent bad guys from possibly arming themselves at my expense.
View Quote
In all seriousness, where do I apply to be a concern troll?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:55:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree: stuff like "fast and furious," definitely, we need to look out for that. We need to defend our rights. However, I think we also can at least try to come up with some solutions. I mean, even little things might help.

Example: What if a state government that has sales taxes excludes taxes for gun safes and lock boxes? It's a tiny step, but maybe a few more people would buy gun safes and lock up their guns, not just in case they have a mentally ill person in the house, but also to make it harder for criminals to steal guns when the owners aren't home.
Let's take a hard look at Chicago.

The vast majority of the guns out on the street being used by gangbangers are bought by straw buyers who sell them to underage and felon gangbangers. Just this summer a woman was convicted of straw purchasing.

She got 12 months probation, no jail time. State and federal laws where shitted upon by crook county officials. This same scenario happens all the time.

http://www.guns.com/2017/04/17/straw-purchaser-with-4-felony-gun-charges-will-not-get-jail-time/
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:55:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Who cares... Two wrongs to make a right.

False, it was already being done but on a slower pace because the MARKET didn't demand it.  If the market at the time had a need for it, it would have provided it just like every other time.

This doesn't.  Feel free to provide any information stating there is no profit motive and that research isn't already done.  You believe a nutjob who thinks his crazy murdering is justified just didn't seek mental health treatment because it was too expensive?  Seeking help isn't hard to do or expensive...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But so many things are funded that way. Rural electrification and telephony, for example, never would have happened if left to market forces. I used to be a "hard" libertarian, but it doesn't work. There are things that require tax dollars. Not everything, but when something needs to get done, and there's no profit motive, government and tax dollars have to step in.
Who cares... Two wrongs to make a right.

False, it was already being done but on a slower pace because the MARKET didn't demand it.  If the market at the time had a need for it, it would have provided it just like every other time.

This doesn't.  Feel free to provide any information stating there is no profit motive and that research isn't already done.  You believe a nutjob who thinks his crazy murdering is justified just didn't seek mental health treatment because it was too expensive?  Seeking help isn't hard to do or expensive...
Dude, it's a fact that some of what he says is true. Not a lot, but some. TVA brought electricity to a huge rural area. Dams built out west provided both water and power, and were FAR too expensive for "private industry" to construct (think Hoover Dam).

Nutjob didn't seek care because he thought he was right. The issue is twofold in this one.... Conservatism eliminated funding for public asylums, Liberalism eliminated the laws that gave us the ability to force the sick people into asylums for treatment. And I deal with the crazies every day who get exactly zero care or decide to not take medication because they don't like the way it feels. They actually cost us far more in the price of their criminal behavior and care than if they were in an asylum.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:55:48 AM EDT
[#9]
What left wing PAC's are paying the new liberal left trolls these days?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:56:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Liberal meth is a helluva drug
View Quote

I have been banging this thread like it's my job...I'm gonna pass out at some point.

Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:56:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Uh yeah actually, create a thread arguing the merits of pro and con, which doesnt make 63 odd pages littered with useless (pertaining to the subject of this thread) arguing and diatribe.
View Quote
I agree with you 1000%. It's like these retards feel compelled to puke their bullshit in these threads because they feel like it makes them edgy or something.

26 people, mostly women and babies were murdered Sunday and the best these SJWs can do is debate rural electrifuckingfication and tell me I should be taxed to help snowflakes cope with their fucking mental problems. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:57:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
You are, though. What Lug1 believes he knows has no relevance to the blatant fact of the matter. You're here to stir shit, and you'll end up banned for it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:58:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice. She has some small room time coming.
View Quote
If she's still alive and she knew he was a prohibited person...yeah. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:58:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
the short answer would be

because that can lead to falls accusations

just because a person thinks that another person did something wrong does not mean that person did something wrong

I think this is a slippery slop
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a discussion about whether the church was a gun-free zone and whether that might be responsible for the level of carnage. My point is that not all of these kinds of mass shootings can be or will be stopped simply by eliminating "gun free zones." As I think you know, I believe people have a right to carry, and they have a right to defend themselves. In this case, however, it appears that the right to carry was not enough. It is worthwhile to recognize these facts as we try to figure out what else might reduce these kinds of horrors.
Might reduce? Ummm... nothing. Murder was already illegal this morning and it didn't change a damn thing. At least right to carry gives people a chance. Bargaining with liberals is never the solution.
What about making sure mental health intervention is available to everyone?

What about teaching people how to identify warning signs in others?

What about finding ways to encourage gun owners to keep to their firearms either on their person or secured so that their firearms cannot be taken by an insane person (as was the case in Newton).

There are ideas that do not involve gun control.
did you grew up in East Germany ?

STASI much
No, I don't STASI at all. I'm just brainstorming, but, yes, I do understand the implications. I don't think we have to go all STASI though. Teachers are trained to identify certain telling behaviors, police officers are too, of course. Why not the public?
the short answer would be

because that can lead to falls accusations

just because a person thinks that another person did something wrong does not mean that person did something wrong

I think this is a slippery slop
Your points are well-taken.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:59:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
But so many things are funded that way. Rural electrification and telephony, for example, never would have happened if left to market forces. I used to be a "hard" libertarian, but it doesn't work. There are things that require tax dollars. Not everything, but when something needs to get done, and there's no profit motive, government and tax dollars have to step in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've already tried to make the case for subsidizing mental health programs. For some of the guys here, that's commie talk, a nonstarter.

Brain researchers might one day explain these horrific behaviors. Tragedies like this might be preventable. Problem is, pure research requires money, too, and science seems to be unpopular these days.
I am all for science.  Just don't force me to fund it at gunpoint/risk of jail.
Thats what philanthropy is for.

Now can we please get back to the topic at hand?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:01:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Wasnt it mentioned earlier that the wife and child were killed by the POS?

Have we had any confirmation on this yet? 

Has any attention been drawn to the antifa post relating to something big happening in Texas on the 5th?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:02:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Precisely WTF does that have to do with THIS particular shooting?
View Quote
Exactly. Fuckers just gotta keep up the rhetoric. It like they're dancing in the blood of those this thread is supposed to be about. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:06:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I didn't read what his previous post was about, but "sales taxes excludes taxes for gun safes and lock boxes" is definitely something I could get on board with, as long as there are no other stipulations or regulations to go along with it.

First decent idea a lefty bastard has come up with in decades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't read what his previous post was about, but "sales taxes excludes taxes for gun safes and lock boxes" is definitely something I could get on board with, as long as there are no other stipulations or regulations to go along with it.

Well, thank you! I'll take that as a compliment because I've not been getting very many tonight.

So let's not just sit on it. If a commie-pinko-lefty bastard like me and all of you conservative gents agree on something, let's take the idea to our Congress-people!

Maybe we can write a letter and all sign it?

Again, the idea: End all sales taxes on devices that are used to secure firearms from unauthorized access (safes, lock boxes, whatever).

Who's willing to sign a letter?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:07:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They’re about to march on Topeka as soon as they get more S'More Schnapps.

We’ll see if anyone else gets that reference.
View Quote
LMAO
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:10:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, I'm saying that if a gun is locked in a safe when a gun owner is not home, then a burglar would have a more difficult time stealing that gun, and if the burglar doesn't steal the gun, then there will be one less gun in the hands of criminals. We want that result.

If the parent of the insane guy in Newtown would have kept the rifle locked away from him, dozens of kids would be alive today.

It's just one thing to prevent some shootings, and it doesn't infringe on the Second Amendment.
View Quote
Shitstain had the combination to the safe. Try again Liberal troll.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Exactly. Fuckers just gotta keep up the rhetoric. It like they're dancing in the blood of those this thread is supposed to be about. 
View Quote
I know. I'm sorry. As much as we can do to dissuade them, it seems to only encourage. While I got pounced on for it, truly ignoring (and not feeding) them, may be the only viable way.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:11:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Well, thank you! I'll take that as a compliment because I've not been getting very many tonight.

So let's not just sit on it. If a commie-pinko-lefty bastard like me and all of you conservative gents agree on something, let's take the idea to our Congress-people!

Again, the idea: End all sales taxes on devices that are used to secure firearms from unauthorized access (safes, lock boxes, whatever).

View Quote
There’s no sales tax in Washington already.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:14:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

How about we don’t care about what Obama thinks?

Ed
View Quote
OK with me. I don't give a fuck what FBHO thinks. He's a fucking piece of shit.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:14:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So it's the gun owners for fault for locking his front door but not putting a gun in a safe?  DO YOU REALIZE YOU HAVE JUST SAID THAT?
You're the very definition of a troll.

Why don't you start your own damn thread on gun control and why you like it and want more of it.

And since you're wasting peoples time trolling,  at least ask your boss to pay for a freaking membership.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:14:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Leftist credentials check out. Youve made yourself a victim in a thread about a church shooting. Tier-1 Leftism.
View Quote
That's a bizarre and illogical conclusion.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:18:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NO. Safes, etc are items people can choose to buy - or not. Creating special a special catagory for them WILL eventually lead to laws/regulations mandating their use. Nothing good can result from ideas like that.

"There is no such thing as a free lunch"
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:19:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Leftist credentials check out. Youve made yourself a victim in a thread about a church shooting. Tier-1 Leftism.
svan is short for savant.

<<<Still here
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:19:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I think TN v Garner is specifically related to l.e. not general citizens. Our right to use force is much broader here in Texas I can chase down and kill someone to retrieve my stolen lawn chair if I was so inclined and didn’t think I could get it back otherwise. In this case if I was the shooter I’d claim that the suspect stole my faith in humanity by shooting up the church and I had to shoot him to get it back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know about TX laws, but shooting a fleeing suspect isn't usually a good thing legally is it?
A prosecutor that presses charges or a jury that says guilty if it is against the law..would be a damn shame...
Under Tennessee V. Garner, you can shoot a fleeing suspect if you reasonably believe he is a danger to others. Since it has been said he had weapons in the vehicle, a reasonable person could argue, if that is the case, shooting was justified, as he had already demonstrated the willingness, and had the means, to commit further violent felonies.
<----LE, not lawyer.
I think TN v Garner is specifically related to l.e. not general citizens. Our right to use force is much broader here in Texas I can chase down and kill someone to retrieve my stolen lawn chair if I was so inclined and didn’t think I could get it back otherwise. In this case if I was the shooter I’d claim that the suspect stole my faith in humanity by shooting up the church and I had to shoot him to get it back.
I'll allow it
But just to be clear TN V. Garner applies to everyone, like as in this case, exercising citizen arrest powers. Your state may be more restrictive.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:19:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes, an armed citizen grabbed his legally owned AR-15 rifle and took a position of cover. He shot the gunman as he was exiting the church. The gunman
dropped his rifle and ran to his vehicle, an SUV. The armed citizen attempted to end the shooting spree and engaged the gunman in his vehicle, with one
shot blowing out the rear window. The gunman fled in his vehicle. The armed citizen then flagged down a motorist, explained the situation and entered
the vehicle. The driver called the police and pursued the gunman, reaching speeds of 95 mph and passing cars. The gunman's vehicle, with the armed citizen's
pick-up on a few feet behind it, slowed and then went off the road. The driver of the pick-up told police the location of the gunman while the armed citizen
covered the gunman's vehicle with his rifle. The gunman never moved, did not respond to verbal commands and fired no shots for the next 5 to 7 minutes until
police arrived on scene. Evidence seems to indicate he was hit by the armed citizen's first shot and bled out while trying to escape. He died in his vehicle.

MSM is not reporting he was killed by an local citizen armed with an AR-15 rifle who heard the gunfire and responded courageously risking death to try and
save others. He is a hero.

Two eye-witnesses collaborate everything written above in interviews.
View Quote
Thanks. Hopefully they'll be able to match the slug to the citizen's rifle. I sure hope it all happened that way.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:20:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet...spot on. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:22:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Can't be friends with an enemy.  Liberals aren't just people with different viewpoints anymore.

Today's liberals want to take my money, my rights, and if they could get away with it would imprison or kill me.
View Quote
I don't want that! Well, I might want to take some of your money, I guess, but no more than anyone else, myself included, on a graduated income tax.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:23:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't want that! Well, I might want to take some of your money, I guess, but no more than anyone else, myself included, on a graduated income tax.
View Quote
No one wants to be friends with scummy thief.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:23:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You're right.  I just can't help myself though.  I know it is wasted breath but call it a guilty pleasure responding to these clowns.
View Quote
Are you reading Lug1? He called me a clown. I'm not supposed to say anything that might offend him, though, right?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:24:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Are you reading Lug1? He called me a clown. I'm not supposed to say anything that might offend him, though, right?
View Quote
I'm sure Lug is REALLY happy you keep dragging his name into this.

What are the odds Peacenik survives this thread with his account intact?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:25:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
If the shoe fits...

Oh......Boo Hoo.....snivel.....gasp. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:26:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm sure Lug is REALLY happy you keep dragging his name into this.

What are the odds Peacenik survives this thread with his account intact?
View Quote
Very highly unlikely.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:27:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
#cuck
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:27:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Derp, derp, slurp derp, blah blah .
View Quote
Jesus Christ God Almighty just STFU.

No one here is interested in your viewpoint, your mindset, or your trolling liberal drivel.  Please return to DU.  If you get lost, just follow the trail of soiled waifus and smell of Feinstein's rotten crotch.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:28:56 AM EDT
[#39]
If you see that guy with the dead opossum wig, be sure to tell him that I'm an American citizen, born in the Great State of Ohio, and I don't have to go anywhere I don't want to go.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:29:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Jesus Christ God Almighty just STFU.

No one here is interested in your viewpoint, your mindset, or your trolling liberal drivel.  Please return to DU.  If you get lost, just follow the trail of soiled waifus and smell of Feinstein's rotten crotch.
View Quote
  Ooooo that smell....can't ya smell that smell.....
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:30:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps the people controlling this forum don't kick members out just because those members might disagree with you.
I'm drunk and diluted. No one agrees with me . And yet I remain.

Soon.
How's the confederate rebellion going? Gaining any traction?

Siege of 1856? I did 42 years in topeka. My folks still live there.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:30:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Do you think if you keep repeating the same talking point over and over that people are going to start believing you? They don't.  Take your ball and go home, we have our own.
View Quote
I'll get back to you once I start caring what you believe.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:31:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
South Park
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps the people controlling this forum don't kick members out just because those members might disagree with you.
I'm drunk and diluted. No one agrees with me . And yet I remain.

Soon.
How's the confederate rebellion going? Gaining any traction?

South Park
Oh, yeah, I remember that episode. I was going all serious with it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:31:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Might as well change the thread title.   This is now a thread about a new member called Peacenik. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If you see that guy with the dead opossum wig, be sure to tell him that I'm an American citizen, born in the Great State of Ohio, and I don't have to go anywhere I don't want to go.
View Quote
You apparently rejoice at the opportunity to use the blood of dead babies as a platform for your drivel...and yet you claim to be an American?

Well, as long as YOU believe you. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:34:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well...don't let the horror of the specifics of the reason for this thread slow your quest for spending my tax money. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well...don't let the horror of the specifics of the reason for this thread slow your quest for spending my tax money. 
It lost context. First I suggested mental health outreach available to anyone who needs it, which might, in some cases, help to prevent another person from going insane and committing mass murder. Then someone said, not if the government is going to force me (through taxes) to pay for it. Then I explained that we benefit from all kinds of services that are funded that way.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:37:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It lost context. First I suggested mental health outreach available to anyone who needs it, which might, in some cases, help to prevent another person from going insane and committing mass murder. Then someone said, not if the government is going to force me (through taxes) to pay for it. Then I explained that we benefit from all kinds of services that are funded that way.
View Quote
I much as I detest censorship, I'm done with your horseshit. 

(ignore)
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:38:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Buckeye.

Should have known.

Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:39:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Arockers get banned. Incidentally, you really need to read the first amendment as it only provides protection from the government...not the internet. 
View Quote
That's true, but I thought maybe the "spirit" of the Bill of Rights would be valued here. The founders weren't keen on suppressing unpopular opinions, I don't think.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:41:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're the biggest attention whore on this site right now.  You can male arguments and debate, but you keep making it about you.
Page / 87
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top