Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Toyota Tundra ... non union

Toyota Avalon ... non union

Kia Optima ... non union

all made here in America by non union workers

see a trend going on here at my house? been that way for years and will continue to be for the rest of my life.

Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Duramax with the Allison, will pull all those right down the street.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Here in MI they went nuts and tried to enshrine collective bargaining and unionizing home health care workers into the state constitution (also going after the Speaker of the state house). They failed miserably at the state level.

It is possible that the (R)'s will now make Michigan a RIGHT TO WORK state as payback.

[Keeping my fingers crossed.]
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I am done with the big 3. Screw em.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kia Optima ... non union

see a trend going on here at my house? been that way for years and will continue to be for the rest of my life.

Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Duramax with the Allison, will pull all those right down the street.

And a .308 will punch holes in 28ga sheet metal. What's your point?

Is your truck worth the $42 Billion the taxpayers will never be repaid?

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 2:34:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lots of UAW guys , like most of the Tradesmen I worked with, voted Republican in every election. How do you think Reagan carried the state back then? But the Republicans got the bright idea to make us the enemy,calling us thugs and commies. What did you expect these guys to do then?  Maybe you and your Party might gain some wisdom as you cry in the wilderness for the next four years or so, and think about trying to once again attract people with similar interests, instead of trying to make everything an "us versus them" situation.

YOU made it us vs. them, comrade. Get a clue, brother.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 2:37:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Unfortunately, they've gained the position to make you pay.

We will always be paying...huge win for the unions last night.  

I have been thinking about a Tacoma...

You should by a truck, instead.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:10:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I tried to do one of those ARFCOM spoilers and post a pic of a good looking babe that's a UAW member, couldn't find one

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:13:51 AM EDT
[#8]
In all honestly, I'm not opposed to buying a non-UAW truck in principle.  It's just that Tundras, Titans and Ridgelines are all so fucking ugly.  

I've seen nice looking Tundras that were all tricked out, but why would I want to spend and extra ten or fifteen thousand dollars just so I'm not embarrassed by my daily driver?
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:23:46 AM EDT
[#9]
You guys make me laugh.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:29:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I only buy used cars.  The Union can kiss my ass.

Yeah.  Used VW, used Toyota, used Honda.  You know, the vehicles that LAST.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:37:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kia Optima ... non union

What is that supposed to mean?  

I'm sure Hino and Isuzu and Hyundai make plenty of trucks that could pull three Silverados.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:44:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I belong to Local 72 UAW, 41 years active and retired in Wisconsin

How old were you when you retired? 52?

Another voter for obama?
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:47:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kia Optima ... non union

...and it is made with union labor.

Union labor is bad for the United States of America.

I do not support things that are bad for the United States of America.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:53:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Obama stole $100 billion of our tax money, and gave it to the UAW and auto industry to buy Michigan and Ohio.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:00:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Best way to do this is to not buy new domestic cars, or those imports made by uaw, or any union products.

sad, but the only way to get rid of the parasite is to remove its food source

Eta:  we have a hyundai, land rover, and a nissan

none are union, wont replace them untill the wheels fall off, and they are all 10+ years old, so the taxes on them are low as we can get.

Will replace the hundai with  a subaru.  Not sure what to do about  a diesel truck, but thats a different problem for a different time
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:09:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Doesn't a certain firearms manufacturer have employees under a UAW contract?

Funny you should mention that...

Wonder how many anti-union types in this thread are wearing redwings or thorogood work boots.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:09:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:28:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Obama stole $100 billion of our tax money, and gave it to the UAW and auto industry to buy Michigan and Ohio.

And he'll do it again and again and again.

A boycott, while noble in spirit, would just lead to more bailouts if it worked.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:41:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wonder how many anti-union types in this thread are wearing redwings or thorogood work boots.

Not anti union. Anti UAW.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:45:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We bought a Mazda, say no to the UAW

A lot of Mazdas roll down the same assembly line as a Ford.   You helped them anyway.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:51:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And he'll do it again and again and again.

A boycott, while noble in spirit, would just lead to more bailouts if it worked.

There comes a point in which he will not be able to print enough money.  Fuck Union Goons!!
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:57:55 AM EDT
[#22]
http://www.facebook.com/uaw.union?ref=ts

UAW Has a facebook page. It has open comments for outsiders. No need to "like" them or "join" it. So if one feels inclined to let them know how you feel...
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:25:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even the teamsters union is scum. All of them are.... I don't think there is a single union out there, that openly supported Romney.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:28:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of Mazdas roll down the same assembly line as a Ford.   You helped them anyway.
That ended earlier this year....

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:30:37 AM EDT
[#25]
.gov buys all the UAW cars anyways so it doesn't matter.  I will never buy a GM product again, not even used.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:49:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My truck was shipped over in a crate.

No it wasn't.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:57:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My car has 4 silver rings, no bow tie, no blue oval, no ram.  

What shocks me is look what O has done to the United Mine Workers.  If he will screw them, he will screw the UAW too.  

People are STUPID

Exactly.  Unions like the UAW are useful idiots.  In the end, they will get screwed as well.  Obama and his ilk are out for themselves, no one else.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:09:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kia Optima ... non union

And blow a gasket doing it
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:37:11 AM EDT
[#30]
I hope some of you buy a UAW vehicle. Otherwise I'm going to have to bail them out with my tax money, or should I say repay China when we borrow the money to bail them out.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#31]
my wife and I both run Toyotas - me an FJ, her a Rav4
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe Colt has UAW workers in one of it's facilities, oddly enough.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:42:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Our other car is a Honda and my replacement vehicle will be a used Honda.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The union types were a huge part of what happened last night. Seriously, other than heavy duty pickups, there is nothing that cannot be bought elsewhere. We need to hit those pampered, overpaid bastards where it hurts!

instead, consider being a highly productive individual and making a substantial contribution to the economy.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:49:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Remember Colt is UAW
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#36]
last week it was "fuck jap vehicles"....
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Fuck the unions. I'm not too thrilled about giving my money, personal or tax dollar, to guys like these.

Organized crime, historically, have made a killing from the unions.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Trading in my Dodge this week or next for a Honda or Toyota. Thanks Dodge for a transmission that can't make it 90k. Between me and my parent's Mopar products 3 out of 4 had transmission issues.  That's called a clue for me to never ever touch Mopar ever again.

Not going to buy an American badged car just to be patriotic.  UAW can kiss my driving Jap badged made in America minivan ass
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#39]
I’ve mentioned this before but I think it’s time to tax the rich in this country… and by “rich” I mean union members.

I propose a 25% tax on all income derived from collective bargaining including all benefits. This will help narrow the pay gap between unions and non union workers. So I’m sure all Democrats will agree it’s fair.

And, on all union income over $250,000 we need an extra 25% for a total of 50%. (this is before regular income taxes of course.) I’m sure all the F.A.G.s in the Film Actors Guild will agree this is a good thing too.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That ended earlier this year....

Our Mazda was built in Japan, motor, trans, body, assembly, electronics, virtually the whole damn thing. Sorry America, but fuck the UAW, and I am a union memember, just hate the bailouts. Both parties supported bailouts, and the R's keep saying "free market" but went along with the bailout. Either party we are fucked.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Remember Colt is UAW

For real?

Oh well, I did not support Colt I bought from some damn Texan that gives you free shit when you make a purchase, even though the hats DO NOT FIT BIGHEADS!!

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What a backwards thing to do.  Fucking over the American economy because of politics just makes the Chinese ROFL.

My Xterra was made right here in Tennesee, by non union workers.
VW, BMW and Mercedes all manufacture right here in the South. Toyota? San Antonio. Hyundai, built in Alabama.  ALL RED States.
Fuck the rust belt, THEYwanted this guy. Hope they enjoy the slide further into decrepitude and rot, elections have consequences.

I will buy NOTHING that the UAW manufactures. Shit, I have even gone further, I have all my life been a Pittsburgh Steelers fan, My yearly tally is at minimum $500 on Steelers Swag, NOT ONE MORE DIME.
I refuse to give any more money to the Rooneys to support Obama.
 I refuse to give money to UAW to support Obama.
  I refuse to give my business to those who will empower those that wish to do my country harm.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#43]
I've been trolling the union pages on facebook. Glad to see there are LOTS of fellow like minded patriots doing the same!
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe Colt has UAW workers in one of it's facilities, oddly enough.

I think I went over some people's heads.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, they've gained the position to make you pay.

In Soviet Rus-

Wait, that's not funny anymore.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another voter for obama?

Regardless of how I, along with many
other union members tell you that not
all of us vote Dem, your not going to
believe us anyway. Some people have
there minds made up, screw what people
them, it is all a lie.

I only know what I do, nobody else, and I don't
give a shit what anyone else does, says, or how
they live.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#47]

I wanted to buy a new Colt AR.  Not now.  It's made in Connecticut, which is a communist state and it is also made by UAW members.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another voter for obama?

them, it is all a lie.

they live.

It's ok, man. Not all the soldiers in the German army hated Jews and wanted to conquer Europe. There were probably some real nice, stand up guys just trying to fulfill their draft obligations and get out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another voter for obama?

them, it is all a lie.

they live.

It's ok, man. Not all the soldiers in the German army hated Jews and wanted to conquer Europe. There were probably some real nice, stand up guys just trying to fulfill their draft obligations and get out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Toyota and Nissan here...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top