BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Could be a lot of divorces are also caused by overbearing, controlling husbands, and lack of trust.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slightly less than half the replies say this is acceptable behavior.

Coincidentally, the divorce rate in this country is also slightly less than 50%.

Could be a lot of divorces are also caused by overbearing, controlling husbands, and lack of trust.

Lol. Yeah, I'm sure women DMing dudes on FB has no correlation to the divorce rate.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Some are. Some are unhappy. Some are bored. Some are mad at their spouses or SO.  Some are  just DTF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
…You think it’s inappropriate for a married woman to have conversations with men other than her husband outside of work responsibilities?

Man some of you guys are just shining beacons of feeling secure in your relationships

conversations? no, FB , INSTAGRAM PM? HELL YES. Because they are secretive in nature and allow weasels unfettered access to your wife. do you really think a weasel is going to CALL your wife 5 times a day on a landline at your home and chat? NOPE because thats puts it out in the open and spoils their game. But a text here, a like there is being in your wifes life repeatedly and quietly without you knowing....

It takes two to tango. Is she texting back? Engaging in the new found attention? It starts with her not responding to the guy.  She is because she like the attention.

Insecure.. most people are.

I’m very secure. In fact i do a lot of texting to various women…… single, married, dating.  Whatever.  Many are DTF.

And they are all insecure.

Some are. Some are unhappy. Some are bored. Some are mad at their spouses or SO.  Some are  just DTF.

State, local or fed?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No sarcastic remarks from me but you have some issues that probably cannot be resolved. Sorry OP- time to get a legal counsel.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a different philosophy than most here regarding this subject. I wouldn't give a shit. If she wants to fuck around, go for it, to me it would mean she isn't happy which would result in her making my life miserable. There's plenty of fish in the sea.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Half of the world is the opposite sex from everybody.

Why would you cut off communication with half the world because of your marital status?

If you need to shut down advances, do it.

It's that simple.
View Quote

Half the planet is functionally retarded too. This helps cut down on contact with those folks for both of us.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

State, local or fed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
…You think it’s inappropriate for a married woman to have conversations with men other than her husband outside of work responsibilities?

Man some of you guys are just shining beacons of feeling secure in your relationships

conversations? no, FB , INSTAGRAM PM? HELL YES. Because they are secretive in nature and allow weasels unfettered access to your wife. do you really think a weasel is going to CALL your wife 5 times a day on a landline at your home and chat? NOPE because thats puts it out in the open and spoils their game. But a text here, a like there is being in your wifes life repeatedly and quietly without you knowing....

It takes two to tango. Is she texting back? Engaging in the new found attention? It starts with her not responding to the guy.  She is because she like the attention.

I’m very secure. In fact i do a lot of texting to various women…… single, married, dating.  Whatever.  Many are DTF.

State, local or fed?

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife and I have an open relationship with regards to talking to people of either gender.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’m going to be blunt- your wife is already cheating on you, bro.

If there is any doubt, there is no doubt.

Regarding another dude talking to her: First she’ll downplay it, then later get really overly defensive, then she’ll start projecting- accusing you of talking to other women or thinking about leaving her or cheating, then she’ll start twisting that to justify her behavior which she won’t ever fully cop up to.
View Quote

This man knows... Sorry op
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah gonna go with there is shit going on for sure. If she's not riding the horse yet, she's definitely taken the saddle out of the barn
View Quote

Yep

Shit is getting stirred.  Lock up you finances and see a lawyer because that is where it is headed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For the life of me, I'll never understand why a man would let his woman have access to finances, transportation methods or means of communication.
View Quote
Handcuffed in the basement doesnt usually work out for long.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Because they love the attention and are not getting it at home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If she’s cheating its most likely because she’s not feeling the love at home. Husband is ignoring her, not taking her out not satisfying her so of course she is going to look elsewhere.  
Hope the Op can live off of 50% of his stuff.

Or, some women just cheat.

Because they love the attention and are not getting it at home.

So in order to have a happy life you must give them full attention 24/7? Fucking simps destroying our world
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Lol. Yeah, I'm sure women DMing dudes on FB has no correlation to the divorce rate.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/raw-355.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coincidentally, the divorce rate in this country is also slightly less than 50%.

The existence of someone else isn't going to make you love your partner less.

If the relationship fails it's only due to the bond of those that agreed to be together.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Months ago, noticed that this guy was "liking" or commenting on every one of my wife's social media posts. Asked her about it, if he knew the guy and what his deal was. Just basic intel gathering. Apparently guy used to deliver supplies to her workplace office, no big deal she said.  Still kind of stuck with me, especially after he commented on my wife's pic from her Florida va vacation where he commented that wife/daughter looked "great."  (No, not posting wife pics today, fellas).  

She showed me a video on her phone yesterday and I swiped off her app and took a quick glance of her FB messages. Low and behold this guy had chatted her up last week.
I asked her about it today and she said he was asking for prayer requests for his mom etc.  

Sound innocuous enough, but I ain't buying it either.  You want a prayer request go to church, or find a group of friends that you can pray with etc.  Messaging a married woman for a prayer request out of the blue falls outside appropriate to  me.  

Which leads me to the point or question or this, is it appropriate for a married woman to chat, or private message with another man, outside business or work related conversation?  Or vice versa.
View Quote

Okay yeah,  but ... where be official pics of this alleged wife in the OP?

Hawt or not?

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#14]
i’d trust my SO enough to speak with a member of the opposite sex. or would like to think so. sounds fishy-ish, but if you have rock solid relationship w the wifey then why not have an open & honest convo about your concerns & hear what she has to say?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It amazes me some people still don't accept that some women are just sluts
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Social media can destroy relationships.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Man, I’ve had guys try and move in on my wife. I think you have to decide if you want to fight for her or let her go. I’ve nipped crap in the bud from jump and with the quickness. It’s my woman you damn right I love her and I’m protective of our relationship and I do get jealous because I love her.

Tell her how you feel and ask her not to communicate with other men socially. I think any women that loves a man will respect him and care about him feelings. It’s not being controlling to guard your woman. You know what he wants and your wife knows too. He wants some ass. If she wants attention give it to her by squashing that right now.

Is she ok with you communicating with other women socially? If so, she doesn’t care about you romantically anymore.

Jimmy Wayne - Do You Believe Me Now
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a different philosophy than most here regarding this subject. I wouldn't give a shit. If she wants to fuck around, go for it, to me it would mean she isn't happy which would result in her making my life miserable. There's plenty of fish in the sea.
View Quote

So when her credit card statement that you pay has "large case of magnum condoms for large dongs" on it, you cool?

Your girlfriend of 2 months saying she found someone else and is breaking up with you is not the same as your wife of 10 years saying she's been cheating on you for 5 and you're just now finding out about it and that she'll be taking half your shit now.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Your instincts are likely correct. Listen to your gut.
View Quote

yup, follow your gut.  My wife has male friends that she chats with and I have no problem with it.  But if something felt off, I'd go with my gut.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is also 100% perfectly fine if you’re not an insecure little boy about your relationship. The fact that you and many others in GD view this to be an issue is incredibly informative. Hate to break it to you, but sometimes your girl’s going to have private personal interactions and conversations without you whether you’re monitoring her social media accounts or not. Some of those private conversations will even be about you! ??

Why do you think she’d cheat on you? Have you done something to make you think your wife would jump ship given the opportunity? Perhaps you should be considering what’s wrong with you to make you think your wife’s looking for an opportunity to trade up
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Half the planet is functionally retarded too. This helps cut down on contact with those folks for both of us.
View Quote

Umm yeah I don't want to talk to anywhere near half the planet's population so I'm cool with cutting out half.

She should be too. As someone said, that's a pre marriage conversation.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For the life of me, I’ll never understand why a man would let his woman have access to finances, transportation methods or means of communication.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Oh boy............

In this thread we find out which men have been cheated on and who hasn't.

Lots of naive dudes in the World. You don't actually know.....until you know.

What matters THE MOST is how YOU FEEL ABOUT IT!!

Your gut........how it makes you feel.......TRUST THAT!

In the age of discrete and semi discrete messaging through technology, all kinds of shit gets started by "innocent" banter through those platforms.

At the end of the day it could mean NOTHING.........but, I have known and experienced way too much in and around my life to not at bare minimum be suspicious.

If it bothers you.....its a problem. You need to be completely honest and transparent about that to and with your wife.

What anybody else thinks about that doesn't matter. It's not anybody else's relationship.

I personally know way too many men that have been completely blind sided by their wife f#cking around on them with "friends" and co-workers etc.......IN EVERY CASE in hindsight the clues where there for them to see.......they just dismissed them as being "normal" or "my wife isn't like that".......or "I trust my wife" etc. EVERY FREAKING ONE!
View Quote

Good post.

I've been through similar shit myself. You feel that somethings wrong, then chase your tail lying to yourself about the truth.

TRUST YOUR GUT

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow, 5 pages in an hour!

Relationship advice from ARFCOM GD?

Why in the fuck would you ask a bunch of Cheeto-stained-dick, basement dwelling virgins for relationship advice?

Asking relationship advice in GD is like asking SpongeBob Squarepants for advice you should get from a marine biologist.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Which leads me to the point or question or this, is it appropriate for a married woman to chat, or private message with another man, outside business or work related conversation?  Or vice versa.
View Quote

Only you can answer that. If that’s a boundary that you set, and are willing to enforce, then it’s not appropriate. Tell her “I won’t be in a relationship with a woman who has male friends”. Be prepared to eject when she decides her emotional affair is more important that your marriage. This option requires backbone and strength of convictions. Women will default to shaming language in protest
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Which is also 100% perfectly fine if you’re not an insecure little boy about your relationship. The fact that you and many others in GD view this to be an issue is incredibly informative. Hate to break it to you, but sometimes your girl’s going to have private personal interactions and conversations without you whether you’re monitoring her social media accounts or not. Some of those private conversations will even be about you! ??

Why do you think she’d cheat on you? Have you done something to make you think your wife would jump ship given the opportunity? Perhaps you should be considering what’s wrong with you to make you think your wife’s looking for an opportunity to trade up
View Quote

With the dude that used to deliver supplies at her office? Context dude, it's everything.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Careful man, I said the same thing and was reported by one of our strong, independent, always right feminists
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So when her credit card statement that you pay has "large case of magnum condoms for large dongs" on it, you cool?

Your girlfriend of 2 months saying she found someone else and is breaking up with you is not the same as your wife of 10 years saying she's been cheating on you for 5 and you're just now finding out about it and that she'll be taking half your shit now.

View Quote

Pays her own cc bills and yes, plenty of other fish. If it happens it was bound to happen eventually. Cut your losses and move on.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some men you just can't reach.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now this is gaslighting, it’s your fault that she’s a cheater
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Delivery guy at work place, friend request on FB, followed by messages. He's obviously interested.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep , classic. kinda reminds me of someone saying i like to go to brothels to TALK.If you trusted me and our relationship you wouldn't worry but if you do thats your problem...
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wow, 5 pages in an hour!

Why in the fuck would you ask a bunch of Cheeto-stained-dick, basement dwelling virgins for relationship advice? Asking relationship advice in GD is like asking SpongeBob Squarepants for advice you should get from a marine biologist.
View Quote

username checks out
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#34]
The obvious question is what did the PMs say?  Did they actually ask for prayers for his dying mom?

Regardless, enough smoke to check for a fire.  Some inappropriate behavior from both of them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#35]
I’m not reading anyone else’s responses before answering

Helllll no. This is when you two have a sit down, come to Jesus conversation that such behavior is not acceptable and will NOT be tolerated, and that if she is unwilling to correct such behavior RTFN and forever forward that you’ll be forced to make some decisions she may not like. Many will respect your doing so. Some won’t. Proceed accordingly!

Now let me see what everyone else says…
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Wow, 5 pages in an hour!

Why in the fuck would you ask a bunch of Cheeto-stained-dick, basement dwelling virgins for relationship advice?

Asking relationship advice in GD is like asking SpongeBob Squarepants for advice you should get from a marine biologist.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/nwy.gif
View Quote

*Talks shit about people posting in a GD relationship thread

*Posts in a GD relationship thread
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I’m not reading anyone else’s responses before answering

Helllll no. This is when you two have a sit down, come to Jesus conversation that such behavior is not acceptable and will NOT be tolerated, and that if she is unwilling to correct such behavior RTFN and forever forward that you’ll be forced to make some decisions she may not like. Many will respect your doing so. Some won’t. Proceed accordingly!

Now let me see what everyone else says…
View Quote

That conversation needs to include her pm right then and saying im uncomfortable having discussions w you and I dont want you to contact me again, while you are sitting there. Then if anything happens later after that, you have your answer. WEASELS only stay by invitation from the target....
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Where their is smoke...
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Good post.

I've been through similar shit myself. You feel that somethings wrong, then chase your tail lying to yourself about the truth.

TRUST YOUR GUT

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh boy............

In this thread we find out which men have been cheated on and who hasn't.

Lots of naive dudes in the World. You don't actually know.....until you know.

What matters THE MOST is how YOU FEEL ABOUT IT!!

Your gut........how it makes you feel.......TRUST THAT!

In the age of discrete and semi discrete messaging through technology, all kinds of shit gets started by "innocent" banter through those platforms.

At the end of the day it could mean NOTHING.........but, I have known and experienced way too much in and around my life to not at bare minimum be suspicious.

If it bothers you.....its a problem. You need to be completely honest and transparent about that to and with your wife.

What anybody else thinks about that doesn't matter. It's not anybody else's relationship.

I personally know way too many men that have been completely blind sided by their wife f#cking around on them with "friends" and co-workers etc.......IN EVERY CASE in hindsight the clues where there for them to see.......they just dismissed them as being "normal" or "my wife isn't like that".......or "I trust my wife" etc. EVERY FREAKING ONE!

Good post.

TRUST YOUR GUT

Good way to look at it.  I am not sure what goes into a "gut feeling" but it in my case is right way more often than not. If you sense distrust then there is cause.  If you were not serious about the relationship you wouldn't notice
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Telling someone they cannot do something is controlling. Telling someone you will not be in a relationship with them if they do certain things is not controlling. It’s setting boundaries and given that person a choice.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That conversation needs to include her pm right then and saying im uncomfortable having discussions w you and I dont want you to contact me again, while you are sitting there. Then if anything happens later after that, you have your answer. WEASELS only stay by invitation from the target....
View Quote
Should add that if she gets defensive about him seeing the PMs or claims she erased them....I got some bad news.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This is why you marry 300+ pounders. Your risk quotient on these things are drastically reduced.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

With the dude that used to deliver supplies at her office? Context dude, it's everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YES. Platonically compatible, interesting people meet each other under any number of circumstances.

The only context that matters here is OP clearly doesn’t trust his wife not to cheat on him. The question that then needs to be answered is why that is
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Don’t get married
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If the relationship fails it's only due to the bond of those that agreed to be together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're playing mental gymnastics.

The question is easy - does the likelihood of divorce go up or down when a spouse is DMing other men on FB?

The answer is even easier. If you value your marriage, do not engage in behavior that increases your chances of divorce.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Too many of these posts are centered around what they feel and want in a relationship.

When it’s about OP and his relationship.

What are you looking for OP? Reassurance? Result?

Based on your original post I think at worse he’s hanging around for an opportunity to weasel his way in. Keeps popping in once in a while to see if there’s problems she wants to confide in.

So I have a question for you. Have you guys had rough patches? Has she been confiding in him? If they have been friends in real life or social media for a while and the answer is no, then you’re concerns are not your worst fear.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Don’t get married
View Quote

This is the correct answer, hindsight is always 20/20
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
inappropriate and she should have shut it down already,the fact she hasn't doesn't bode well

you already have suspicions,trust your gut
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Have his mom off'd so he doesn't have anything to talk to her about...just kidding
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Months ago, noticed that this guy was "liking" or commenting on every one of my wife's social media posts. Asked her about it, if he knew the guy and what his deal was. Just basic intel gathering. Apparently guy used to deliver supplies to her workplace office, no big deal she said.  Still kind of stuck with me, especially after he commented on my wife's pic from her Florida va vacation where he commented that wife/daughter looked "great."  (No, not posting wife pics today, fellas).  

She showed me a video on her phone yesterday and I swiped off her app and took a quick glance of her FB messages. Low and behold this guy had chatted her up last week.
I asked her about it today and she said he was asking for prayer requests for his mom etc.  

Sound innocuous enough, but I ain't buying it either.  You want a prayer request go to church, or find a group of friends that you can pray with etc.  Messaging a married woman for a prayer request out of the blue falls outside appropriate to  me.  

View Quote

Pic of delivery guy . . .

Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top