User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It seems that OP has a savior complex.

Save this, save that, they can be saved. yada yada.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A gun can be shown to have saved a life. You can't really say that about vaping because its just a substitute. A nicotine inhaler (not a heat element, like below) is a better alternative as a cessation device, but I don't think you can really make a case that it saved someone. A gun in a self defense situation literally saves a life. Right then, right there. Can't say that about any vape device.

https://media.consumeraffairs.com/files/news/nicotine-inhaler.jpg

I dont think its being blown out of proportion. People respond to this kind of media coverage. Look at the frenzy whipped up about bumpstocks. This "blown out of proportion" coverage is probably lessening the use of vapes across the US. Vapers tend to be young and can be saved. I got a buddy (my friends neighbor), who's 18, he said he started because everyone around him was doing it and he started just to fit in. After all this coverage he said he wouldn't ever go near the stuff again. He's not a stupid kid either, has a job installing avionics and is getting his pilots license soon.

I think its getting the attention it deserves.
Do you drink alcohol? Do you use caffeine? Do you eat red meat?

Maybe we can [b]save[b] you too and ban those things. If you're going to be a nanny state yankee statist, you might as well get a taste of your own medicine.
It seems that OP has a savior complex.

Save this, save that, they can be saved. yada yada.....
Seems like OP is a big government nanny state type that would be more comfortable on DU or Daily Kos.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Seems like OP is a big government nanny state type that would be more comfortable on DU or Daily Kos.
View Quote
Yeah, I didn't initially post in this thread because they all end up with the same garbage.

This one seemed to be going well with honest discussion and information sharing and then, bam left turn right into statistville.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What if it saves lives tho? Its not like a gun. No vape pen has saved someone's life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
More laws and bans is always the answer
What if it saves lives tho? Its not like a gun. No vape pen has saved someone's life.
Oh?

My last cigarette was 4/1/14.

I started vaping instead, knowing that I could wean myself down to 0% nicotine. I quit vaping a couple of years ago.

As far as smoking goes, I've tried the patch, gum, Chantix, and Zyban with no success - I was a two pack per day smoker.

Thanks to vaping, kicking the nicotine habit was painless and I wasn't a complete prick to live with while I detoxed.

Could you not make the argument that vaping might have saved my life, because it helped me to kick cigarettes and nicotine?

Do you have any idea how many people are in the same boat as me? Millions.

Either your math skills leave a helluva lot to be desired, or you have an irrational hard-on against vaping.

Eleven people have died. That's bad, but literally millions of people have stopped smoking tobacco by way of vaping.

Millions.

No matter how you might feel about it, the invention of vaping has been fantastic when used for smoking cessation.

@MrYar
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would be willing to bet many more than 11 were killed directly my McDonalds food
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
11 people have probably died this year from simply eating.
I would be willing to bet many more than 11 were killed directly my McDonalds food
Yeah that's what they said when homosexuals, hemophiliacs, heroin addicts, and Haitians started showing up at hospitals with weird reddish lesions on their skins back in the late 1970s.  Then look what happened.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The CDC just came out that the problem of this Lung shit is associated with Bootleg THC products !!!!!!

The report also stated that because THC products are illegal for nonmedical use in these states (and others), and the
majority of these products are obtained through friends, dealers or illegal means, it's possible some patients didn't disclose
what products they'd used.

Duhhhhhh  !!!

Health departments in some states – namely New York and Utah – are also eyeing vitamin E acetate as a potential cause of
illness in some residents there. Laboratory testing confirmed the substance, also known as vitamin E oil, was present in
"nearly all of the cannabis-containing samples" obtained from some sickened patients in New York. Meanwhile, Utah health
officials said 90 percent of the samples tested by a state laboratory contained the agent.

View Quote
Crisis will not be let go to waste.
Ball is in motion already, several states have banned flavors, one state has "temporarily" banned all vaping.

We have kids tobacco tax revenue to save.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Please IM me the causal connection
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Please IM me the causal connection
View Quote
I think Tinder or Grinder might serve you better.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#8]
And how many people died in the same period from tobacco use and cigarettes? Probably thousands .
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 11:40:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Lol addicts.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:18:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah that's what they said when homosexuals, hemophiliacs, heroin addicts, and Haitians started showing up at hospitals with weird reddish lesions on their skins back in the late 1970s.  Then look what happened.
View Quote
I don't think you can catch "vape cannabis lung" from someone else - it is more of an injury than a communicable disease.

So your metaphor - isn't.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 2:47:02 AM EDT
[#11]

NBC News commissioned laboratory tests of knock-off marijuana vapes that found a pesticide linked to hydrogen cyanide in 10 out 10 products.
View Quote
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/vaping/tests-show-bootleg-marijuana-vapes-tainted-hydrogen-cyanide-n1059356

That testing wouldnt' have happened without the sensationalist coverage people are complaining about.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 2:57:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/vaping/tests-show-bootleg-marijuana-vapes-tainted-hydrogen-cyanide-n1059356

That testing wouldnt' have happened without the sensationalist coverage people are complaining about.
View Quote
So, uh, it was the THC cartridges after all.

Fancy that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 7:08:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So, uh, it was the THC cartridges after all.

Fancy that.
View Quote
They found something. Doesn't mean that's the cause. They're just journalists who had it tested by a testing outfit. If you're going to claim they've cured it, that's putting a lot of faith suddenly in NBC News
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 7:16:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Pew resurfaced these charts and figures as the death toll stemming from vaping-related breathing illness hit 12 on Thursday, the CDC reported, along with 805 confirmed or probable cases of the mysterious illness that has stricken the nation.
View Quote

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/these-charts-show-the-shocking-number-of-high-school-and-college-students-who-vape-2019-09-27?mod=investing

Another article, highlighted the new news.

There have now been 12 vaping-related deaths in the U.S. The latest was in Mississippi. So far, Mississippi has four people that are seriously sick with lung injuries tied to vaping. Those that are sick are all between the ages of 18 and 34.

There are now 805 cases of lung disease associated with the use of e-cigarettes or vaping products according to the Centers for Disease Control. Some cases may have been linked to vitamin E acetate, which is a thickening agent used in illegal black market THC vape liquid. As of now, there is no specific product or substance has been identified as the cause of the lung injuries.
View Quote
https://www.9and10news.com/2019/09/26/12th-vaping-related-death-in-u-s/
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#15]
I suspect it is a self chlorinating gene pool.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Smoking and drinking are something that's gets you for abuse over time.
You don't start smoking cigarettes or drink a 6 pack and all the sudden get some unknown killer disease.
Reusing some nasty device that vaporizes chemicals made by who knows what 3rd world shit hole country directly in to your lungs.
View Quote
Have you ever seen the conditions of a cigarette factory?
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#17]

That's the truth
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Deleted not worth the effort. It's too early. I'm going to go drink my coffee (caffeine) and vape (nicotine).

Crusade on....
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Have you ever seen the conditions of a cigarette factory?
View Quote
Yeah, but the fire burns off all impurities.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm choosing to believe that Trump's push to ban vaping, if true, is to get the dem's focus off guns for now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 11:27:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oh?

My last cigarette was 4/1/14.

I started vaping instead, knowing that I could wean myself down to 0% nicotine. I quit vaping a couple of years ago.

As far as smoking goes, I've tried the patch, gum, Chantix, and Zyban with no success - I was a two pack per day smoker.

Thanks to vaping, kicking the nicotine habit was painless and I wasn't a complete prick to live with while I detoxed.

Could you not make the argument that vaping might have saved my life, because it helped me to kick cigarettes and nicotine?

Do you have any idea how many people are in the same boat as me? Millions.

Either your math skills leave a helluva lot to be desired, or you have an irrational hard-on against vaping.

Eleven people have died. That's bad, but literally millions of people have stopped smoking tobacco by way of vaping.

Millions.

No matter how you might feel about it, the invention of vaping has been fantastic when used for smoking cessation.

@MrYar
View Quote
I've posted a few times my feelings on this. I'd ban cigarettes and vape products, and people would get nicotine inhalers (lowest harm potential) from their doctor in order to kick the habit. Nobody has died after only a year or two of cigarette smoking. Something in this vape might be worse than smoking. I don't get the continued feeling that its less dangerous in the face of this epidemic.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 11:33:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Epidemic...

inigomontoya.jpg
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've posted a few times my feelings on this. I'd ban cigarettes and vape products, and people would get nicotine inhalers (lowest harm potential) from their doctor in order to kick the habit. Nobody has died after only a year or two of cigarette smoking. Something in this vape might be worse than smoking. I don't get the continued feeling that its less dangerous in the face of this epidemic.
View Quote
They should ban heroin then no one could get it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They should ban heroin then no one could get it.
View Quote
If it was banned, we wouldn't have 27% of 12th graders vaping (see graph up a few posts). Maybe not zero, but you can't argue it doesn't have an effect.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If it was banned, we wouldn't have 27% of 12th graders vaping (see graph up a few posts). Maybe not zero, but you can't argue it doesn't have an effect.
View Quote
How many 12th graders do you think smoke pot?, which is also illegal. Maybe there's even some graph on it...

I really have no idea why you are so fixated on this whole vaping thing. If it was truly about saving people there are so many other things that would have a greater impact. So what is it all about?
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
A majority of 12th graders are of age to buy cigarettes instead.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Um...  yeah.  Not seeing a problem here.  But can’t tell chicken little that the sky isn’t falling.

Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Um...  yeah.  Not seeing a problem here.  But can’t tell chicken little that the sky isn’t falling.

View Quote
Because there is no problem, except with cigarette revenues.

Better ban stairs... so far this year, approximately 787 people have died while using them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you were in a position to act on your wishes, there'd be enough consensus amongst those of us that love our freedom to end your reign of tyranny with extreme prejudice.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you were in a position to act on your wishes, there'd be enough consensus amongst those of us that love our freedom to end your reign of tyranny with extreme prejudice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on man, prohibition totally works!  I mean, look at the banning of booze---totally worked with no negative consequences.  And don't get me started about about street drugs: I did 12 years in Major Case Narcotics at my department, and let me tell you, I finally had to leave because it was so boring.  I mean, we just sat around all day every day doing nothing, what with there being no drugs in existence after they were banned.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah that's a great idea. Let's make public policy and ban things that MILLIONS of people use because of your feelings. Mighty fascist of you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah that's a great idea. Let's make public policy and ban things that MILLIONS of people use because of your feelings. Mighty fascist of you.

DU>
View Quote
Now now. Hes a freedom loving person...for the things he likes. Bet hes against a gun ban though.

What was it 40,000 firearms related deaths last year. Let's ban the thing that killed 11 people in one year.

He still cant see the forest for the trees, that his fractured logic is the same logic the gun grabbers use, even trotting out the dead kids for effect like in sandy hook.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#35]
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Now now. Hes a freedom loving person...for the things he likes. Bet hes against a gun ban though.

What was it 40,000 firearms related deaths last year. Let's ban the thing that killed 11 people in one year.

He still cant see the forest for the trees, that his fractured logic is the same logic the gun grabbers use, even trotting out the dead kids for effect like in sandy hook.
View Quote
Because he intentionally has his eyes closed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah, but the fire burns off all impurities.
View Quote
Like plastic? Ive seen thousands of mesh bagged tobacco thrown into grinding vats. So, is that burned off too? Or are these people inhaling burned microplastics?
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#38]
This is an asinine story.  First people vape are doing something that looks stupid and certainly carries health risks.

Then there is no way to verify that every aftermarket liquid they use is safe.

Is this a fake manufactured "crisis" by the tobacco company...or by "researchers" who want funding?

Whatever happened to the egg scare, or alar, or the Zika virus that was going to create billions of pin head babies.

I have zero concern about this fake crisis or the fake opioid crisis.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Maybe some shittastic Chinese wire made out of metals that aren't supposed to be in there is a factor.
View Quote
If these are made in China you need to go by one certainty.  Never consume anything made in China.  Not for humans or your pets.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think his eyes are wide open but his colon is obstructing his view.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#41]
MrYar statist thread!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Funny part is if you asked him he probably believes he is more conservative than you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is sigline material sir.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Touché
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't think you can catch "vape cannabis lung" from someone else - it is more of an injury than a communicable disease.

View Quote
Today I Learned that the public health system only cares about infectious diseases, not gun violence, cigarettes, automobile accidents and seatbelts, motorcycle helmets, OSHA stuff, and countless more non-infectious-disease-related stuff.

Oh wait, I guess maybe you might be the clueless one here.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
That's a walnut, bruh.

{blonde}ohigetit!.jpg{/blonde}
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 1:33:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Today I Learned that the public health system only cares about infectious diseases, not gun violence, cigarettes, automobile accidents and seatbelts, motorcycle helmets, OSHA stuff, and countless more non-infectious-disease-related stuff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You posted "Yeah that's what they said when homosexuals, hemophiliacs, heroin addicts, and Haitians started showing up at hospitals with weird reddish lesions on their skins back in the late 1970s. Then look what happened."

- in a discussion about a non-communicable phenomenon.

You have already revealed which of us is clueless, and it wasn't me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 2:54:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
View Quote
Cigarettes killed my grandfather at 62 and my 55 year old aunt 2 months ago. I'll send the obituary to a mod if people don't believe me. If it was banned, neither my grandfather or aunt would have taken it up. They were not the law breaking type. They wouldn't have found some dealer to go get it from. Being illegal really does make an impact.

There's something about vaping that people just don't see it as dangerous. Maybe this epidemic will change that, but I think its a fundamental problem with vape being worse than smoke as I've posted numerous times. The number of young people taking up vaping is scary. Cigarette smoking has declined in the last 50 years, we don't need a worse replacement. At least people understand the dangers in cigarettes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Cigarettes killed my grandfather at 62 and my 55 year old aunt 2 months ago. I'll send the obituary to a mod if people don't believe me. If it was banned, neither my grandfather or aunt would have taken it up. They were not the law breaking type. They wouldn't have found some dealer to go get it from. Being illegal really does make an impact.

There's something about vaping that people just don't see it as dangerous. Maybe this epidemic will change that, but I think its a fundamental problem with vape being worse than smoke as I've posted numerous times. The number of young people taking up vaping is scary. Cigarette smoking has declined in the last 50 years, we don't need a worse replacement. At least people understand the dangers in cigarettes.
View Quote
I'm sorry for your loss, I truly am. But crusading to save people against their will is truly tyranny. If your trying to do it for the public good there are far far better options to fight. Abortion, alcohol related deaths, and obesity related deaths rank way way higher on the death scale. This in the grand scheme of things is truly a non issue. Hell medical misdiagnosis killed approximately 100,000 last year alone, probably closer to 300,000 if properly accounted for.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.
-C.S. Lewis
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
0.0000036% of the US population died of vaping.

Oh teh noes
View Quote
Who will cure cancer now?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top