Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The fucking Q-tard conspiracy theories in this thread is fucking embarrassing for this site, some of y'all need to get help yourselves, ffs stop.   Your minds are broken, seriously.  Even when you are deep thinking and only have 3 active brain cells functioning doesn't mean you should type it out and post your opinions on why this happened.
View Quote
Are you talking to yourself?  That's not a good sign.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
msn is claiming he may have used a jet ski to escape?
View Quote

Why the fuck are you watching MSNBC?

Nevermind - misread.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Medevac chopper going in to Lewiston. Probably see more of that in the next day or two.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fucking Q-tard conspiracy theories in this thread is fucking embarrassing for this site, some of y'all need to get help yourselves, ffs stop.   Your minds are broken, seriously.  Even when you are deep thinking and only have 3 active brain cells functioning doesn't mean you should type it out and post your opinions on why this happened. [/q

uote]Without arfcom I would have never known this guy was a Palestinian terrorist paid by the FBI and is now in a secret government location.
View Quote

No shit
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not so much in Southern Maine (which Lewiston is part of)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are more miles of logging roads, skidder trails, snowmobile trails, etc. than miles of paved road.

Not so much in Southern Maine (which Lewiston is part of)

Once you get outta Lewiston-Auburn, it gets rural pretty quickly if you don't head southeast. Over to the Whites in NH is quick and easy or up to the north Maine woods.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Video at date.
View Quote

Amazing! She took the cocks out of her mouth for a moment and actually spoke!

Fuck Harris, fuck Biden, fuck this administration, fuck the MSM.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No snow on the ground here yet.
View Quote

Jet skis run on water right?  Can you use them on snow?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No snow on the ground here yet.
View Quote

JET SKI as in on the water.   Reports last night of car found at a boat ramp so a boat or jet ski would be an option
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Lots of text here so sorry if I missed it.

But from the sounds of some news he was a fueler in the reserves. And the reserves aren't in combat roles so I don't see any hard-core deployments under his belt but this is just speculation.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I freaking called it. Clinical nut. Medical and law enforcement authorities were already aware of him.

Once again, our society failed to protect him from harming others.

Bloody hell
View Quote

it's not politically correct to tell people they're certifiable
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#11]
This guy is outon bail.  Multiple questions seem to come from this.  (It popped up on my YT page this morning. I wonder if algorithms tied it to other searches,  news, this, etc.?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJpVMWj5NGo
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

JET SKI as in on the water.   Reports last night of car found at a boat ramp so a boat or jet ski would be an option
View Quote

Misread, my mistake.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Snow is just thick water.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Did he jump the jet ski over 4 sharks to make his get away also?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nevermind - misread.
View Quote

Iam not, msn is the home page of my computer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#16]
There's no where to go there on a jetski he couldn't drive to faster then unload. There's dams in a mile in both directions.
There is a bridge there though he could have jumped off.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Maine has a network of snowmobile/ATV trails and logging roads(ATV use) that is extensive, you can basically get anywhere in teh state except to down town in cities(50K plus people) areas. There are published maps at most gas stations on these trails and those gas stations frequently have cash to pump machines (you insert a 5,10,20 and get gas till you hit 20 bucks worth, then the machine clicks off, no change given). The trails arnt "rugged" usually and are usually maintained in a radius around a town by the local ATV riders club or Snowmobile club. Many areas the clubs are highly active some not so much, but you can in theory go from tip of north maine to southern on a ATV at about 25-40 MPH, though you would get gas  10 times, and likely spend 40 hours doing it(trails usualyl arnt straight and arnt direct between towns).   Some more remote ones(north west maine) are more run down but still easily passable on a dirt bike or ATV. A DRZ400 was on my short list of "go anywhere" bike for up here as it could do roads easily and the back roads, while being light, cheap, and able to go on I95 if needed.

View Quote

Interesting about cash acceptors on gas pumps. Good way to stay off the grid.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

But from the sounds of some news he was a fueler in the reserves. And the reserves aren't in combat roles so I don't see any hard-core deployments under his belt but this is just speculation.
View Quote

Could he not have been active duty at some point before he went into the reserves?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevermind - misread.

Ah, got it. You can change your home page, ya know
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Could he not have been active duty at some point before he went into the reserves?
View Quote

Extremely possible,  you're right. I'm just assuming he's had his current mos the entire time which could be wrong to assume.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This guy is outon bail.  Multiple questions seem to come from this.  (It popped up on my YT page this morning. I wonder if algorithms tied it to other searches,  news, this, etc.?)

View Quote

WTF? Good on the condo complex employee.

Surveillance video shows suspected gunman shooting inside of Las Vegas luxury condo complex
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#23]
There is no Markinson. Markinson is gone.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The fucking Q-tard conspiracy theories in this thread is fucking embarrassing for this site, some of y'all need to get help yourselves, ffs stop.   Your minds are broken, seriously.  Even when you are deep thinking and only have 3 active brain cells functioning doesn't mean you should type it out and post your opinions on why this happened.
View Quote

I didn't read the overnight posts.  How may predicted the guy would be a Middle Eastern terrorist or part of a Mexican cartel?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Per Maine law he was legally required to surrender his firearms after being involuntarily committed in July

https://legislature.maine.gov/statutes/34-B/title34-Bsec3862-A.html

This leaves 3 options:

1. He had his rights restored by the hearing within 14 days as provided for in the law above

2. The state either didn't follow up to enforce the law in his case requiring surrender of weapons already owned, and/or didn't register him as a prohibited person allowing him to later acquire a new weapon

3. He stole it from the NG armory (which he should no longer have had access to)

Barring evidence of #1 surfacing, the best case scenario here is government incompetence on at least 2 points of failure.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

sounds like at least a dam
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Hearing voices doesn’t lend itself to planned escape and/or planning attacks later. My money is on him being dead at his own hand not long after he ditched the car.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Complex employees gun didn't jam good shoot
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Reserves and NG in support roles definitely deploy. Our whole motor pool both my deployments was staffed by reserve component dudes, and for the most part they were harder working and more competent than our own mechanics

Most support MOS' wouldn't go outside the wire except as necessary for admin moves but fuelers could possibly have gone on fuel convoys which get hit a lot
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ive rode a jet ski on xmas before, bigger lakes in michigan dont freeze until jan, varies on the year.  I did it in 94 on my stand up jet ski, had a dry suit.  wasnt much fun, never did it again,   river system and lakes would be good to go in october.  not sure of waterways in Maine but think it would be similar.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hearing voices doesn’t lend itself to planned escape and/or planning attacks later. My money is on him being dead at his own hand not long after he ditched the car.
View Quote

Crazy /= dumb
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How in the fuck has this dude been in the army (reserve) since 2002 and skated out of deploying? (MSN article mentioned that)

Then went crazy the last year, threatened to shoot up a national guard armory or some shit? Dude wtf?
View Quote

Prob kept him sitting in the unit in order to maintain their manpower levels.

We have (or used to have) a non deploying unit in the area that augmented as instructors (hats and other things) at the training sites but I’m honestly not sure if it is still an active unit or not anymore. He could have spent time in something like that in the past.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pale in comparison to the lies that the media tried to pass off as news.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck.

I've never seen that video before.

That employee should be permanently given a penthouse suite, and have only the finest broads delivered up to his room daily.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a training rotation I never got.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So the first shot was 15 feet away from him.  

That is an absurdly easy pistol shot.  Even beginners can hit a man sized target from the 5 yard line.

I think hanging out with folks who carry and then reading sites like this makes me think everybody is carrying and ready to battle.

My wife reminded me this morning that I vastly overestimate how much of the public is similar to me.

Of course, had this guy been carrying, turned, and shot the guy dead, this would not even be a national news item.  Stories where a bystander drops the shooter are not news.
View Quote

Yes, the population that a) carries a firearm b) trains with said firearm and c) has same firearm with them the majority of time in public is *maybe* 3% of all firearms owners. Let's talk about this exact scenario, a good Samaritan in a bowling alley. I can talk about this as I've been *that* guy carrying a gun in a bowling alley but if I'm there to bowl off comes the gun (put in the wife's purse, my bowling bag or left in the car's glove compartment.) If the GS type has the gun inn his wife's purse or his bowling bag, he's got a good chance and picking off the bad guy with a surprised shot but lets be honest, realistically the GM would leave the gun secured in his vehicle.

In light of this I think all of us need to reevaluate when/where we're carrying if we're carrying, I'll admit to being a bit lax at times or because of inconvenience. Not every one of us is at Condition White 100% of the time, that's simply not possible.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

There’s no way in HELL I wouldn’t have anchored that autistic weirdo right then and there.

Good shooting by the guard
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Micheal bay explosions in the background and he finished it off with a whitty pun before riding off into the sunset.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like clockwork.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Per Maine law he was legally required to surrender his firearms after being involuntarily committed in July

https://legislature.maine.gov/statutes/34-B/title34-Bsec3862-A.html

This leaves 3 options:

1. He had his rights restored by the hearing within 14 days as provided for in the law above

2. The state either didn't follow up to enforce the law in his case requiring surrender of weapons already owned, and/or didn't register him as a prohibited person allowing him to later acquire a new weapon

3. He stole it from the NG armory (which he should no longer have had access to)

Barring evidence of #1 surfacing, the best case scenario here is government incompetence on at least 2 points of failure.
View Quote

He could have easily withheld some of them. Most likely they wouldn't know how many he had.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The irony of the bullshit mental health debate in regards to firearms is that while the likelihood of suicide is higher, the likelihood of a mentally ill person, on meds or otherwise, committing a deadly violent act against others is effectively the same as a mentally healthy person. There is a statistically insignificant difference.

But the media tries hard to hide that, and the pro gun folks in the know play along so they can give the anti - gunners something to try and appease them.
View Quote

Does your post maybe leave out motivation, though? I can't imagine the statistics would capture that?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#44]
He rode the jetski to the dam, where the lizard people took him to their hideout.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

But of course, always the agenda go to after a murderer picked off helpless unarmed people in a gun free zone. The commies happily bathe in the blood for the agenda of disarming good citizens to make them helpless. Of course they have well armed bodyguards but they say that is ok. They are royalty that must be protected from peasants such as us.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snow is water, with a hard on.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I didn't read the overnight posts.  How may predicted the guy would be a Middle Eastern terrorist or part of a Mexican cartel?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well the initial BOLO  was for a middle eastern looking man so...
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Ive rode a jet ski on xmas before, bigger lakes in michigan dont freeze until jan, varies on the year.  I did it in 94 on my stand up jet ski, had a dry suit.  wasnt much fun, never did it again,   river system and lakes would be good to go in october.  not sure of waterways in Maine but think it would be similar.
View Quote

Well, an hour north of Lewiston, it's currently 70. So no ice here yet.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Just got two emergency messages via cell. Lockdown extended.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

There’s no way in HELL I wouldn’t have anchored that autistic weirdo right then and there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In before the anchor shots are bad snowflakes.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top