Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just speculation but what are the publicly known capabilities of a CASA CN-235? Been checking ADSB exchange here and there and this aircraft C2304 seems to be flying up and down the waterways near Bath. Maybe they think he did make it out on a boat.
View Quote

USCG CASA CN-235 #2304

https://www.flightglobal.com/eads-casa-rolls-out-first-deepwater-cn-235-for-us-coast-guard-picture/66387.article

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just speculation but what are the publicly known capabilities of a CASA CN-235? Been checking ADSB exchange here and there and this aircraft C2304 seems to be flying up and down the waterways near Bath. Maybe they think he did make it out on a boat.
View Quote

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae223b
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I had same training
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my latest active shooter training we were actually taught to do anchor shots.  We were told it is now state policy, put out by our Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, that any son of a bitch that tries to kill kids in a school in Florida is not going to survive the attempt.

The thinking is we will be by ourselves until law enforcement arrives so we have to make sure the attacker is dead in case there is a second attacker we have to go deal with.

I had same training

Good
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

In before the anchor shots are bad snowflakes.
View Quote

I might suggest good shoot but not great shooting.  Still, took him down. Anchor shot on ccTV will send you to jail.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Probably to avoid being arrested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why take the gun off to bowl?

Probably to avoid being arrested.

It has been established that it was legal to carry in the bowling alley.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Family lived in compound and  involved in right wing militia according to this guy.  Heavily involved in guns and hunting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e85YhWMFuI
View Quote

... right wing milita guy goes nuts and starts shooting people and ...

Goes after apparently random groups.

Instead of the local government types ...

Yeah, totally makes sense.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Even after the blurry photos, lots of, "That nose looks Afghan/Persian/Middle Eastern" etc.
View Quote

My first impression was that he had some French Canadian blood.

Quite a bit French Canadian blood all the way down to N. CT., and his look is quite similar (I grew up in N. CT.).
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Hopefully he's not a fan of Garand thumb
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I know I’m the exception not the rule but it’s not hard to carry while doing things like that. A quality holster and belt with some thought at wardrobe selection it’s fairly easy to not be seen carrying while also not looking like Gecko45
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the first shot was 15 feet away from him.  

That is an absurdly easy pistol shot.  Even beginners can hit a man sized target from the 5 yard line.

I think hanging out with folks who carry and then reading sites like this makes me think everybody is carrying and ready to battle.

My wife reminded me this morning that I vastly overestimate how much of the public is similar to me.

Of course, had this guy been carrying, turned, and shot the guy dead, this would not even be a national news item.  Stories where a bystander drops the shooter are not news.

Yes, the population that a) carries a firearm b) trains with said firearm and c) has same firearm with them the majority of time in public is *maybe* 3% of all firearms owners. Let's talk about this exact scenario, a good Samaritan in a bowling alley. I can talk about this as I've been *that* guy carrying a gun in a bowling alley but if I'm there to bowl off comes the gun (put in the wife's purse, my bowling bag or left in the car's glove compartment.) If the GS type has the gun inn his wife's purse or his bowling bag, he's got a good chance and picking off the bad guy with a surprised shot but lets be honest, realistically the GM would leave the gun secured in his vehicle.

In light of this I think all of us need to reevaluate when/where we're carrying if we're carrying, I'll admit to being a bit lax at times or because of inconvenience. Not every one of us is at Condition White 100% of the time, that's simply not possible.

I know I’m the exception not the rule but it’s not hard to carry while doing things like that. A quality holster and belt with some thought at wardrobe selection it’s fairly easy to not be seen carrying while also not looking like Gecko45

I've never been a league bowler, but I was serious enough about it at one point that I took a class and was practicing two nights each week.

To this day, I can't bowl worth a shit without a pistol on me; I discovered that a few months ago when I was on a business trip to California. I later went back to my local bowling alley and thought I was just rusty... until I remembered that back when I was taking it seriously, I was carrying a 1911. I'm a noticeably worse bowler when I'm carrying my G43 than when I'm carrying a 1911 or other full-size pistol. Apparently the changes to weight distribution (or more likely, gait) are enough to have a real impact.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry, haven’t had time to read all preceding or see news updates today.

So this shitbag is still at large?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A lot different from 93. It’s more crowded and more liberal as transplants move here. There are lots of homeless being bused in from other parts of New England and southern Maine.  Drug dealers from other states have taken up residence. It’s a shame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder how different our trip to Maine next year is gonna be... We've already booked the campsite just outside of Bangor.  I haven't been up in that area since 1992.

A lot different from 93. It’s more crowded and more liberal as transplants move here. There are lots of homeless being bused in from other parts of New England and southern Maine.  Drug dealers from other states have taken up residence. It’s a shame.

Yeah, the Bangor area is very different than 30 years ago. Lots of Lowell/Lawrence/Bronx drug trafficers, etc.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sorry, haven’t had time to read all preceding or see news updates today.

So this shitbag is still at large?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Card's boat, a 15-ft Bayliner is also missing, according to reports.

Marine records seen by DailyMail.com show that Card registered a 2019 Sea Doo jet ski in his name in June, sparking fears that he could have used the watercraft to flee investigators after opening fire.
View Quote

What other vehicles does he have then? I can't imagine him towing that with a lesbaru
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Australia rounded people up and put them in camps during Covid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Video at date.

@MiamiJBT

should do some research on gun control and disarmament of the aboriginal peoples in australia.

I betcha that's an ugly history.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What other vehicles does he have then? I can't imagine him towing that with a lesbaru
View Quote
Probably kept at a dock or launch.

I saw a screenshot of the camera showing his Subaru left behind with the door open. But that's if this screenshot was taken before he drove away in it. If he did?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@MiamiJBT

should do some research on gun control and disarmament of the aboriginal peoples in australia.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Video at date.

@MiamiJBT

It pays to be a winner.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

The C-212 is great for copilots that mess up a landing and run out the back of them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What do you think is going to be different?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder how different our trip to Maine next year is gonna be... We've already booked the campsite just outside of Bangor.  I haven't been up in that area since 1992.
What do you think is going to be different?
Lack of constitutional carry, perhaps.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The C-212 is great for copilots that mess up a landing and run out the back of them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe someone on Rt9  / Ridge Rd, silver SUV, brown sweatshirt, beard ... this guy's day is about to get more interesting.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

15 foot Bayliner doesn't weigh much. Maybe 1000 pounds.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've never been a league bowler, but I was serious enough about it at one point that I took a class and was practicing two nights each week.

To this day, I can't bowl worth a shit without a pistol on me; I discovered that a few months ago when I was on a business trip to California. I later went back to my local bowling alley and thought I was just rusty... until I remembered that back when I was taking it seriously, I was carrying a 1911. I'm a noticeably worse bowler when I'm carrying my G43 than when I'm carrying a 1911 or other full-size pistol. Apparently the changes to weight distribution (or more likely, gait) are enough to have a real impact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the first shot was 15 feet away from him.  

That is an absurdly easy pistol shot.  Even beginners can hit a man sized target from the 5 yard line.

I think hanging out with folks who carry and then reading sites like this makes me think everybody is carrying and ready to battle.

My wife reminded me this morning that I vastly overestimate how much of the public is similar to me.

Of course, had this guy been carrying, turned, and shot the guy dead, this would not even be a national news item.  Stories where a bystander drops the shooter are not news.

Yes, the population that a) carries a firearm b) trains with said firearm and c) has same firearm with them the majority of time in public is *maybe* 3% of all firearms owners. Let's talk about this exact scenario, a good Samaritan in a bowling alley. I can talk about this as I've been *that* guy carrying a gun in a bowling alley but if I'm there to bowl off comes the gun (put in the wife's purse, my bowling bag or left in the car's glove compartment.) If the GS type has the gun inn his wife's purse or his bowling bag, he's got a good chance and picking off the bad guy with a surprised shot but lets be honest, realistically the GM would leave the gun secured in his vehicle.

In light of this I think all of us need to reevaluate when/where we're carrying if we're carrying, I'll admit to being a bit lax at times or because of inconvenience. Not every one of us is at Condition White 100% of the time, that's simply not possible.

I don’t think my bowling would look better or worse changing anything. Im also not saying a guy has to carry a SBS in a shoulder holster. With a bit of will power though you can carry about anywhere you wish.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Let's hope all these people dieing doesn't cause you any inconvenience.
View Quote
Would be nice to know if I'm going to be arrested for not wanting to be one of those people.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Goes after apparently random groups.

Instead of the local government types ...

Yeah, totally makes sense.
View Quote

That guy has a real David Hogg vibe going for himself.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah, the Bangor area is very different than 30 years ago. Lots of Lowell/Lawrence/Bronx drug trafficers, etc.
View Quote
Might have to limit time in that area next year.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Maine shooting suspect Robert Card was struggling with his mental health and claimed to family he overheard people talking about him at the bowling alley and bar where he is accused of opening fire Wednesday, according to his sister-in-law.

“He truly believed he was hearing people say things. This all just happened within the last few months,” Katie O’Neill, who is married to Card’s brother, told the Daily Beast Thursday.

“I have known Rob my whole life. He is quiet but the most loving, hardworking, and kind person that I know. But in the past year, he had an acute episode of mental health,” she added.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/26/news/maine-shooting-suspect-robert-card-may-have-targeted-places-where-he-claimed-people-insulted-him/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Maine shooting suspect Robert Card was struggling with his mental health and claimed to family he overheard people talking about him at the bowling alley and bar where he is accused of opening fire Wednesday, according to his sister-in-law.

“He truly believed he was hearing people say things. This all just happened within the last few months,” Katie O’Neill, who is married to Card’s brother, told the Daily Beast Thursday.

“I have known Rob my whole life. He is quiet but the most loving, hardworking, and kind person that I know. But in the past year, he had an acute episode of mental health,” she added.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/26/news/maine-shooting-suspect-robert-card-may-have-targeted-places-where-he-claimed-people-insulted-him/

I just read that on Yahoo.  
Folks here are missing how big this is.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/family-reveals-suspected-gunman-maine-152129656.html

The family of Robert Card—who is suspected of killing 18 people in double mass shootings in Maine on Wednesday night—say the Army reservist had previously claimed he was hearing voices at the two locations he allegedly attacked.

In the aftermath of the carnage, Katie Card, who is married to Card’s brother, told The Daily Beast that their family has been messaging her brother-in-law and urging him to surrender to authorities.

“I have known Rob my whole life,” Card said on Thursday. “He is quiet but the most loving, hardworking, and kind person that I know. But in the past year, he had an acute episode of mental health, and it’s been a struggle.”

She said that Robert Card recently began wearing powerful hearing aids to combat hearing loss. Since then, Card said her brother-in-law has been insisting to his family that he can hear people bashing him—including at Just-In-Time Recreation bowling alley and Schemengees Bar and Grill, where he’s accused of gunning down 18 people on Wednesday night.

“He truly believed he was hearing people say things,” she added. “This all just happened within the last few months.”

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maine state statute?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Maybe someone on Rt9  / Ridge Rd, silver SUV, brown sweatshirt, beard ... this guy's day is about to get more interesting.
View Quote
Seems like the first thing would be to lose the beard.

His escape plan has been pretty effective thus far.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Goes after apparently random groups instead of the local government types.
Yeah, totally makes sense
View Quote

-
 Revealing Regardless ….
-
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That guy has a real David Hogg vibe going for himself.
View Quote
There he was, in the bowling alley, throwing pins at the shooter.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

That a democrat dream. FDR and Hitler set the example.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:13:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quite a bit French Canadian blood all the way down to N. CT., and his look is quite similar (I grew up in N. CT.).
View Quote

Being one my self, you are correct
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Card's boat, a 15-ft Bayliner is also missing, according to reports.

Marine records seen by DailyMail.com show that Card registered a 2019 Sea Doo jet ski in his name in June, sparking fears that he could have used the watercraft to flee investigators after opening fire.

You'd be surprised. I've towed a full 5x8 U-Haul trailer across the country twice with Outbacks including through northern Arizona on one trip and Idaho/Yellowstone on the other (not the same car)
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Maine is among the very best states there is to be on the run like that.

Might be an exhausting hunt if he isn't found soon.

Can't think of a single place that would be better.

A large state that is extremely isolated and low populated in most of it outside of the few cities near the bottom, near an international border ( also low populated and rural on the other side ) , near the ocean, has a lot of back trails and rivers throughout the state, and is the densest most forested state out of the entire 50.

On top of that southern Maine is only six hours from NYC, and two from Boston if he wanted to try and blend in the cities instead of the woods he wouldn't need to drive as far as other places.

The only downside is the cold.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's very plausible
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Maine state statute?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maine state statute?

Others in the thread have said so. I didn't verify it I don't live there. But I would not think a bowling alley would normally be off limits to carry. Yes they serve alcohol but the whole place isn't generally considered a bar. Kids and families go there. They haven't been off limits anywhere I've lived.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#37]
The family of Robert Card—who is suspected of killing 18 people in double mass shootings in Maine on Wednesday night—say the Army reservist had previously claimed he was hearing voices at the two locations he allegedly attacked.

In the aftermath of the carnage, Katie Card, who is married to Card’s brother, told The Daily Beast that their family has been messaging her brother-in-law and urging him to surrender to authorities.

“I have known Rob my whole life,” Card said on Thursday. “He is quiet but the most loving, hardworking, and kind person that I know. But in the past year, he had an acute episode of mental health, and it’s been a struggle.”

She said that Robert Card recently began wearing powerful hearing aids to combat hearing loss. Since then, Card said her brother-in-law has been insisting to his family that he can hear people bashing him—including at Just-In-Time Recreation bowling alley and Schemengees Bar and Grill, where he’s accused of gunning down 18 people on Wednesday night.

“He truly believed he was hearing people say things,” she added. “This all just happened within the last few months.”
View Quote

Some of those new hearing aids use 5G and also Deep Neural Network technology .......  
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wonder what his user name was on Reddit’s gang stalking sub?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hopefully he's not a fan of Garand thumb
View Quote
I understood that reference.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Others in the thread have said so. I didn't verify it I don't live there. But I would not think a bowling alley would normally be off limits to carry. Yes they serve alcohol but the whole place isn't generally considered a bar. Kids and families go there. They haven't been off limits anywhere I've lived.
View Quote

Unless it was posted on the door. Google street view doesn't show the door, and the locals haven't told us what's on it, that I've seen.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Deer season starts Saturday so there’s going to be a lot more people in the woods
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
first site that pops up on bing says it’s illegal to carry to places in Maine that have a license to serve alcohol.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Deer season starts Saturday so there’s going to be a lot more people in the woods
View Quote

Otherwise known as Walking Weapons Cache's for our shooter.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Just heard a call go out on the scanner. Dispatcher sent a cop to go check out a barn. The woman that lives at the residence thinks she might have left her barn unlocked and is worried that the active shooting suspect is hiding in there but isn’t going to go check. Wants the cops to come to her house and see if the barn is locked.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have been wondering how they will handle that...I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed start of season even if only certain zones.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#46]
How long do these 'psychic breaks' last, did Dude wake up this morning, somewhat more sane, and know what he had done?

(Not quite sure I buy the schizo stuff yet, way too early, no matter what anecdotal evidence friends and family provide).
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Channel 7 Boston helicopter looking like it's beelining to the property on W Rd that the NHSP helicopter was circling around earlier today.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shades of Dan Cooper.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Reminds me of Charles Whitman, his brain tumor had something like this effect on him.
But, he could still plan, and carry out the plan. He was not dysfunctional, this guy sounds the same.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How long do these 'psychic breaks' last, did Dude wake up this morning, somewhat more sane, and know what he had done?

(Not quite sure I buy the schizo stuff yet, way too early, no matter what anecdotal evidence friends and family provide).
View Quote

Going by what the family is saying, it sounds like he got hearing aids and started hearing people around him talking shit about him and he got pissy and decided to start killing people. He heard voices because he was able to hear more than he could before.

Looking at the initial pics. He’s wearing combat boots and I’m thinking coveralls. Prob got camo on underneath and he already had his e&e planned out.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top