Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
How hot is the girlfriend or is it a she-male?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I understand that sentiment, but it's the trainer and handler, not the dog
View Quote

No, it's the fucked up justice system that allows it to happen in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I know I’m way late to the party so this has probably already been said, but by not pulling over immediately your son acted like a criminal, which would possibly explain what happened when he did stop.

I wish there was video because I would be interested to see the entire interaction. Is it possible your son balked at the idea of exiting the car when he was told to?

Also, I know that you said you weren’t going to name the agency, but could you at least tell us if it was a municipal agency or a county agency? If this is something you have already answered at this point you can disregard.
View Quote

Except the cops also acted like a criminal by pulling somebody over in an unmarked car.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The cop made initial contact with his dog?   That's more weird than the stupid long search time.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I know I’m way late to the party so this has probably already been said, but by not pulling over immediately your son acted like a criminal, which would possibly explain what happened when he did stop.

I wish there was video because I would be interested to see the entire interaction. Is it possible your son balked at the idea of exiting the car when he was told to?

Also, I know that you said you weren’t going to name the agency, but could you at least tell us if it was a municipal agency or a county agency? If this is something you have already answered at this point you can disregard.
View Quote

Following advice from police departments makes you look like a criminal.  What a world we live in.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#7]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Following advice from police departments makes you look like a criminal.  What a world we live in.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't remember where it was, somewhere an officer initiated a traffic stop somewhere really stupid like on a bridge or something, it was unsafe to stop there, the driver turned on their hazard lights and was trying to find a safe place to pull over and the officer got impatient and PITed her.

Found it, Arkansas
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/10/us/arkansas-state-trooper-lawsuit/index.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
An hour is WAY to long to drag out  a traffic stop legally.

Drug cops are almost all assholes. Sure there MAY be a few decent ones but the majority are power hungry people with badges.

And if the dog alerted and no drugs were found, the dog is defective like most drug dogs are.
View Quote

I’d go to this. Stance that the dog is defective and needs to be removed from the force. Puppet’s loving owner will probably drop tickets soon after.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm far from a cop hater

View Quote

Give it time.  This kind of shit happens ALL THE TIME.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:29:18 PM EDT
[#11]
What I find the most credible evidence. Not one cop disputed my calls and claims. You all are free to educate me on something I do not know. But I know there only a few K9 handlers on this sight, and I stand with them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:41:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What I find the most credible evidence. Not one cop disputed my calls and claims. You all are free to educate me on something I do not know. But I know there only a few K9 handlers on this sight, and I stand with them.
View Quote

What claim specifically?  That a 70% score is passing in a certification or that 30-40% of hits are false positives?

Because neither of those stats are things to be proud of when the result is violating a citizen's rights.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:45:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What claim specifically?  That a 70% score is passing in a certification or that 30-40% of hits are false positives?

Because neither of those stats are things to be proud of when the result is violating a citizen's rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s what galls me.  “Go team!  We got most some of them right!  Gotta break a few eggs but focus on the big picture!”
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My 21-year-old son has been on a road trip the last few days heading from ATX to Big Sky, MT.

He's a senior at UT in Austin and got a job for the summer working at the Big Sky Lodge, he has been stoked for weeks to get on the road and see that part if the country.  He and his girlfriend, and their cat left ATX yesterday.

I gave him some fatherly advice before he left, I let him know he was driving a known drug corridor with out of state plates and was going to be pulled over if he wasn't extremely careful with his driving.  Of course, I was right.

As they drove West out of Billings this afternoon, he noticed a Dodge Durango had been following them for about 30 miles.  At some point as he accelerated to pass a few trucks the Durango lit him up.  The vehicle was unmarked, so my son dialed 911 to confirm the car was actually a real officer, they confirmed that it was, and my son pulled over.

A plain clothes officer with a canine approached the car and immediately commanded my son the exit the vehicle, did not ask for license, or registration, just demanded that he exit the vehicle (I get it the cop was pissed he didn't pull over immediately). He was cuffed and placed in the back of the unmarked unit, meanwhile the girlfriend is hysterical in the passenger seat.  The officer call for a female back up to search the girlfriend, which takes an hour, and then she is cuffed and placed in the back of the Durango. While that was going on the dog alerts on the vehicle, or maybe just got excited by the cat in the car, and the officer decides he has cause to perform a search.

The officer and the backups spend 3 hours removing every piece of luggage and searching every item in the luggage (the car was stuffed full as he was staying for the summer), and finally, after finding nothing, and leaving all their belongings on the side of the road writes him a ticket for 10 over and tells him to slow it down.

I get it, it's a drug corridor but my kid does not fit the profile, both had paperwork that they were employed for the summer, they had a real destination, my son has a clean driving record, and no criminal record, they had the cat, driving a Honda Pilot, the search was just not necessary in my opinion.

I'm far from a cop hater, I respect the police, they have a tough job, but sometimes they just do shit that I don't get.  

I guess we should be happy that he didn't bring any cash with him for them to relieve him of.

I know, cool story, Bro.

View Quote

It's traffic stops like this that really turn good cop admiring citizens into pissed off cop haters.   I certainly hope those cops/troopers are arfcom readers.   Hey you two, get you heads out of your asses !!  You need to learn the signs and only fuck with those that truly deserve it.

kwg
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm not trying to create any drama, I related the story as my son told it to me.  

Is it possible he's twisting the truth, sure, maybe I'm missing something here.  But, I know he was detained for 3 hours, and I know he is now on his way to Big Sky, his story is at least mostly true.

If I get a different story, I'll share it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Concur. Seems like a story designed to rouse  the rabble  
I'm not trying to create any drama, I related the story as my son told it to me.  

Is it possible he's twisting the truth, sure, maybe I'm missing something here.  But, I know he was detained for 3 hours, and I know he is now on his way to Big Sky, his story is at least mostly true.

If I get a different story, I'll share it.

Ignore him.  That is SOP for him.  Put him on ignore and your life will get better here.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:54:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dogs are incredibly unreliable.
View Quote

smell of weed is everywhere now...blows in my. ar vents just driving in slow traffic. How is every car on the road not hot to a dog these days?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sounds like the one where he ran and jumped on the hood and then shot her.
View Quote

That's what I was thinking, but she was 19.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2615537/Dashcam-video-released-police-officer-witnesses-claim-jumped-car-hood-shot-teen-dead.html
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 12:58:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

A local agency followed him for 30 miles?  The K9 handler came up to the car with his dog?   That whole story seems like BS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd love to get an attorney but apparently this was not State Police but a local agency.  I doubt it would be worth the trouble and expense, I'm sure they do this daily and get away with it.

A local agency followed him for 30 miles?  The K9 handler came up to the car with his dog?   That whole story seems like BS

And the TBL begins in less than 1 page.

True heroes.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 1:12:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

True heroes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd love to get an attorney but apparently this was not State Police but a local agency.  I doubt it would be worth the trouble and expense, I'm sure they do this daily and get away with it.

True heroes.

OP's story is fishy as hell, but don't let that stop the cop bashing TBL bullshit. I drive I90 west from Billings to Livingston or Bozeman a couple times a month. How many LEOs do I usually see? None. How many times have I seen a car pulled over and all the belongings pulled out? Zero. How many times have I ever seen a line of trucks to pass? Zero. How much is a ticket for 10 over in MT? $40, not $150. Very light traffic on that road and only a few small towns for 100 miles west of Billings. OP is either full of it, or isn't getting the whole truth. Plenty of verifiable instances of bad cops to get upset about. This one has no proof and plenty of reason to doubt.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 1:44:30 AM EDT
[#20]
The story of calling to confirm a real cop is copaganda used to calm women after police might learn of an impersonator in the area.

No cop, and I'm gonna bet a $1, no cop is going to turn calm after attempting to pull over a vehicle that to them turns to a pursuit and side with the victim on "staying safe" and not pulling over until the cop is verified. Sorry folks. That's just bullshit put out there to calm women from thinking they're going to be raped., No cop thinks "oh gee they think I'm an impersonator so they're calling 911 to see if I'm real, I'm gonna let this one slide!"
A person not pulling over is hiding contraband, planning an attack, or simply not wanting to get caught. You're not going to convince anyone of anything else and you have a nearly 100% its going to escalate to a search after being pulled out of the car because in every over statistical scenario normal people pull over for police lights, the only people who don't are crooks. And you're not going to change that opinion, no matter how many pregnant women ASP PITs

In my area, they don't say stuff like that, they say pull over, crack your window and they say ask for police identification, no real cop will not have department issued photo ID upon asking and then if your still concerned phone 911 for confirmation. They don't tell people to keep driving down the road while on the phone with 911, who maybe have to query multiple agencies to find the one doing a traffic stop in the area
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 2:56:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The story of calling to confirm a real cop is copaganda used to calm women after police might learn of an impersonator in the area.

No cop, and I'm gonna bet a $1, no cop is going to turn calm after attempting to pull over a vehicle that to them turns to a pursuit and side with the victim on "staying safe" and not pulling over until the cop is verified. Sorry folks. That's just bullshit put out there to calm women from thinking they're going to be raped., No cop thinks "oh gee they think I'm an impersonator so they're calling 911 to see if I'm real, I'm gonna let this one slide!"
A person not pulling over is hiding contraband, planning an attack, or simply not wanting to get caught. You're not going to convince anyone of anything else and you have a nearly 100% its going to escalate to a search after being pulled out of the car because in every over statistical scenario normal people pull over for police lights, the only people who don't are crooks. And you're not going to change that opinion, no matter how many pregnant women ASP PITs

In my area, they don't say stuff like that, they say pull over, crack your window and they say ask for police identification, no real cop will not have department issued photo ID upon asking and then if your still concerned phone 911 for confirmation. They don't tell people to keep driving down the road while on the phone with 911, who maybe have to query multiple agencies to find the one doing a traffic stop in the area
View Quote
And that's the problem.  They need to calm their tits if somebody is verifying the stop.  PERIOD.  Dispatch should tell them to calm their tits because they seem to need that help.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 2:59:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And that's the problem.  They need to calm their tits if somebody is verifying the stop.  PERIOD.  Dispatch should tell them to calm their tits because they seem to need that help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea...but why would somebody need to verify their stop? That's a major ego hit. You trying to tell a cop they aren't a cop? They got their department installed lit up lights and sirens, they've done a bunch of bullshit stops in the past 8-12 hours, god damn you, who the hell are you to say they arent a cop?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 3:05:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yea...but why would somebody need to verify their stop? That's a major ego hit. You trying to tell a cop they aren't a cop?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea...but why would somebody need to verify their stop? That's a major ego hit. You trying to tell a cop they aren't a cop?
You should read more legitimate news.  It happens quite a bit.  Posers pulling people over.  It's a real thing.

And how statist do you have to be to side with a cop on this?  

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 3:19:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You should read more legitimate news.  It happens quite a bit.  Posers pulling people over.  It's a real thing.

View Quote

Dude I aint sideing with the cop, I said cop ego.  I drive a CVPI with Whelen lights and strobes, I know how easy it is be to be an impersonator. I could be one myself If I took the initiative.

All I said was that people pulling over for a cop under suspicion should call 911 while they pulled over, no cop can really take the ego hit of someone claiming they aren't a cop because they deal with scumbags all day long so they aren't thinking that way that a civilian could be suspicious of them
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 3:28:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like the local smokey thought he had a potential significant seizure on his hands. Small town local PD got nothing better to do. A large city cop has actual crime to deal with and real bad sectors to patrol. Youre kid just got a pretty loud introduction to "The World doesnt give a fuck".
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 3:45:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Dude I aint sideing with the cop, I said cop ego.  I drive a CVPI with Whelen lights and strobes, I know how easy it is be to be an impersonator. I could be one myself If I took the initiative.

All I said was that people pulling over for a cop under suspicion should call 911 while they pulled over, no cop can really take the ego hit of someone claiming they aren't a cop because they deal with scumbags all day long so they aren't thinking that way that a civilian could be suspicious of them
View Quote
Fuck cop egos over my freedom.  The dispatcher can tell them to calm their tits or they can listen to person they pulled over.  

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 3:46:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

And that's why I will never, ever again attempt to find a safe place to pull over if I am ordered to stop.

Mr. Policeman can figure out his own safety.  I don't give a shit anymore.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:12:21 AM EDT
[#28]
If only the OP's son had listen to his dad this whole unpleasant situation could have been avoided.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 5:27:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Except the cops also acted like a criminal by pulling somebody over in an unmarked car.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 5:33:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

OP already said his son most likely didn’t turn on his flashers, and it’s unknown if he slowed down or, exactly what he did before he stopped. Which is generally part of the advice given.

As for the advice it’s generally bad advice that some administrative weenie comes up with because they have nothing better to do. The chances of being stopped by someone pretending to be the police are incredibly small.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 5:39:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fuck cop egos over my freedom.  The dispatcher can tell them to calm their tits or they can listen to person they pulled over.  

View Quote

You don’t have a right to not yield whenever the police are trying to stop you.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:21:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're gullible. Did you know that, if you say each letter of the word "gullible", it sounds like orange?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:26:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You're gullible. Did you know that, if you say each letter of the word "gullible", it sounds like orange?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was pulled over by a fake cop a few years ago.

Local news reported several instances of a fake cop a couple years ago in an unmarked Impala with red/blue lights.  

Local cops were on the news saying if you don't feel safe, turn on your hazard lights, slow down, and drive to a location you feel safe and/or call 911 if you can hands-free.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:51:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps5c0357b9_GIF-103.gif

Eh, running traffic in unmarked cars is asshole chickenshit department behavior. It is entirely inappropriate 99.99999999% of the time and that last little fraction is only if they are tailing a known suspect.

I quit voting [property tax related]  for anything related to cop funding a couple decades ago, they have way more then enough stuff as it is but are never satisfied, they always want more and increased power. They have plenty. Most departments need funding cut, same goes for schools. More money seldom means actual better policing or actual educational results.

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:57:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Your son/his gc learned a valuable lesson, with little cost.  Hopefully the rest of their summer goes well.

I was stopped on my bicycle as a kid by a small town cop.  I had just been to Allsups and purchased an IBC root beer, which I was enjoying.  Cop pulls up next to me real fast and asks is that a beer/where am I going...  At least I wasn't asked from my "papers" as I had none to show.

Hking

Hook'em Horns
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:02:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

True heroes.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Is calling 911 during a traffic stop normal behavior?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you think the citizenry...that the police serve...is pleased with that?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps5c0357b9_GIF-103.gif

? Is it that hard to understand?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:36:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like you are saying you would sue if they were a bigger agency.

Is that because you think the podunk popo don't have enough money to make it worth your time?

If it were about the injustice of the affair you would not  care about that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And that's why I will never, ever again attempt to find a safe place to pull over if I am ordered to stop.

Mr. Policeman can figure out his own safety.  I don't give a shit anymore.
View Quote

Got to test that 60-0 time somehow. Might as well be when the sirens come on.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Updates OP? Have you seen the ticket yet? Seen a screenshot from son’s phone to timestamp 911 call?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
As I stated in my above post, a local podunk one horse town police department has an unmarked dark gray Durango with a setina push bar in it. He usually sits in the middle of 169 trying to catch a speeder. Gotta generate revenue for the one horse town.
View Quote

Lots of that in Oklahoma.  There used to be a speed trap in Hooker just north of Guymon when traveling through the Oklahoma panhandle.  Not sure if they still do that, this was 25 years ago.

Also, Stringtown just north of Atoka was a notorious speed trap until their one horse local cop pulled over a church van containing the family of a state representative.  I think the legislature shortly thereafter passed a measure to prohibit such behavior.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#44]
- The WOD has proven over and over that it has not reduced drug consumption nor availability, yet we spend billions upon billions of dollars while critical infrastructure goes unmaintained, and it gives cops a reason to hassle people who then dislike and distrust them afterwards.  If you don't think distrust of police is a serious problem you aren't paying attention.

- Unmarked police vehicles doing traffic enforcement is horseshit of the highest order.

-  I can't remember whether it takes reasonable suspicion or probable cause to extend a traffic stop.  Either way the search is questionable IMO under the totality of the circumstances since I have to assume the cop knew the driver called 911 to verify it was really a cop.  Arguably a civil rights violation? IDK since I haven't studied this stuff in depth for 20+ years.

- OPs son should have pulled over and THEN called 911 if there were any questions about whether it was really a cop.  Pissing off a cop on the streets is a great way to have a bad day.

So plenty of blame to go around.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You don't have a right to not yield whenever the police are trying to stop you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have a right to not yield whenever the police are trying to stop you.
@GenoGS

OH THE NOES!!!!  I DOESN'T HAS THE RIGHTS....

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Calm your tits....  If you say each letter of the word tits it sounds like dumbass
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Lots of that in Oklahoma.  There used to be a speed trap in Hooker just north of Guymon when traveling through the Oklahoma panhandle.  Not sure if they still do that, this was 25 years ago.

Also, Stringtown just north of Atoka was a notorious speed trap until their one horse local cop pulled over a church van containing the family of a state representative.  I think the legislature shortly thereafter passed a measure to prohibit such behavior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As I stated in my above post, a local podunk one horse town police department has an unmarked dark gray Durango with a setina push bar in it. He usually sits in the middle of 169 trying to catch a speeder. Gotta generate revenue for the one horse town.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This. Detained for 3 hours and a full vehicle search over a speeding ticket is ridiculous. And they’ll keep doing it until someone pushes back on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think I'd talk to a lawyer.

This. Detained for 3 hours and a full vehicle search over a speeding ticket is ridiculous. And they’ll keep doing it until someone pushes back on it.

False. K9 hit allows them to extend the stop.

I wonder what grounds they had to search the female? Consent? Also, it sounds like the stop was put on hold to run the K9, which would probably be an illegal extension of the stop.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Then give him a ticket for the speeding. Don't keep him on the side of the road for three hours while you paw through their belongings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was 21 once, odds are he was doing more than 10 over.

Then give him a ticket for the speeding. Don't keep him on the side of the road for three hours while you paw through their belongings.

A lot of drug stops are made from routine traffic offenses and K9 searches. My friend is a cop and looks for drugs. Sometimes he targets known drug houses and car. However. He frequently makes stops without any other information and comes up with drugs. He will frequently flip the offender and turn them into a confidential informant. He has gotten a lot of bigger cases that way.

He is a good guy. There are also bad cops out there using shady or illegal tactics to catch drugs. Of course, if you look hard enough, you'll even find cops planting drugs (like the guy in Alabama).
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bingo. Either calm down or find a job more suited to your personality. It isn’t about you.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top