User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Waiting my turn to vote...
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I am voting for anyone that's for bumpfire stocks and machine gun rights. The NRA needs a dramatic change. Shall not infringe on any arms to the people.

This last NRA move is going to get all aftermarket triggers banned due to rare of fire. If the ATF rules that bumpstock s are machine guns then all fast triggers are machine guns due to the fast reset. We will have no way to even register them with the nfa.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 2:14:03 AM EDT
[#4]
So, please forgive my ignorance but, why no love for Ronnie Barrett or Julie Golob?

Oh, and bump.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 3:18:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, please forgive my ignorance but, why no love for Ronnie Barrett or Julie Golob?

Oh, and bump.
View Quote
It's not about love............It's about not populating other candidates, so ours have statistically better chance.  Only fill in two circles on the ballot.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 3:41:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh, and bump.
View Quote
Julie was nominated by the nominating committee. I follow her on social media, and I don't think I've ever seen her post anything saying hey this bill is bad, vote against this etc etc. I think she's great for women in the shooting sports, just don't think she's a good fit for the BOD of the NRA. We need people who have no qualms about taking a stand for what is right. Tim and Adam are perfect examples of this. Look at their social media posts. They're almost always about making the 2nd Amendment community better. Plus with S&W backing her (I would assume) she's not going to need our help.

The same can be said for Ronnie. Look at his attendance record. He's missed 2 board meetings. While that's better than others, why was he gone? And again. I doubt Ronnie needs our help.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 4:30:43 AM EDT
[#7]
NRA needs ARFCOM. We need a modern NRA. No compromises. PERIOD!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh, and bump.
View Quote
They will get ample votes from the 'fill out 25 dots' crowd.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oh, and bump.
View Quote
I have only two votes to give this year.  More than two works against my desired candidates.  The NRA needs 2nd Amendment fighting blood on the board.  I have researched Adam and Tim they have plenty of 2nd Amendment fighting blood.

Your vote belongs to you.  There is a strategy going on here.  It is not mandatory you be a part of it.  No hard feelings either.  Good luck.

I will only vote Adam Kraut and Tim Knight.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Two more votes here.  I will also speak with NRA membership friends.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Darkened 2 circles... don't forget to sign the envelope.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I just received my ballot in the mail. I voted for Tim and Adam ands signed the envelope.

Mailing tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#13]
2 circles filled, and one ballot on the way.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Bump. Ballots are starting to come in yall! Be on the lookout!
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my ballot today, will mail it out tomorrow. Two votes only. Good luck Adam and Tim.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#16]
No ballot today, maybe tomorrow...
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks everyone for helping me understand.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:13:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks everyone for helping me understand.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Anybody else have trouble with their ballot envelope? I almost ripped it trying to put the ballot in and the sticky strip didn't work at all, I had to use tape. It got me far too pissed off for something as simple as using a fucking envelope.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Hoping my ballot comes today.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the notice. I texted my wife to let her know not to lose the next American Rifleman issue.

My 7 year old daughter likes to read through them and mostly look at the gun pics and the jewelry advertisements.

But I will definitely be on board for voting in some true pro-2A guys on the board. I don't care about celebrity status. I hope this year we can pull it off and get some uncompromising gun rights guys in that will push for more deregulation of pointless, arbitrary, meaningless laws like suppressor and SBR/SBS restrictions. I think things have evolved to a point where a good legal argument could be made against barrel and overall length classifications.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#23]
My ballot came today and I voted for only Adam and Tim.

Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#25]
If you see the NRA discussed on another site, like Facebook, write down those two names. It goes everywhere and somebody will vote right......
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If you see the NRA discussed on another site, like Facebook, write down those two names. It goes everywhere and somebody will vote right......
View Quote
Plenty of Tim Knight, Adam Kraut posts to share on your wall, that are all about their candidacy.  Ammoland articles etc.

I started sharing the beginning of January.  I have had people message me stating they would be voting that way.....IT WORKS!!!   Thanks for the prompt.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Duane Liptak Jr. is another great choice.

Bronze star USMC combat veteran. Founding member of MARSOC. Works for Magpul.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Isn't he  Executive Vice President of Magpul now?  He's one of the other two I am considering other than Adam and Tim, due to friends recommending him, but I don't recall having interacted with him myself.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Isn't he  Executive Vice President of Magpul now?  He's one of the other two I am considering other than Adam and Tim, due to friends recommending him, but I don't recall having interacted with him myself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great guy, one we want in this fight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#31]
My ballot arrived today.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Great guy, one we want in this fight.
View Quote
Any website or other information describing his beliefs on machineguns, nfa, bump stocks and civilian rights to weapons of war?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Any website or other information describing his beliefs on machineguns, nfa, bump stocks and civilian rights to weapons of war?
View Quote
Here's a little more info.

The guys at Magpul has always been pro freedom.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So he was nominated by committee and not petition?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
So?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Voted Tim and Adam on my ballot today.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So?
So I asked you a question.   @akethan
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
HellifIknow.  Does it matter?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It adds some context.  I am not for or against him.  I do not know him.  The day I get my ballot is the first I hear of him.  I want to vote in good people desperately.

I get skeptical of people who run for an office and they are not particularly heard of other than in their circles.  I AM NOT SAYING HE IS A BAD GUY, repeat not saying he is a bad guy.

Here we have the largest gun forum available and I have not seen or heard of him running for NRA BoD.  I am not saying he should be prolific poster.  I have staunchly defended Sean Maloney and Tim Knight both, for being busy and not prolific posters here on arfcom.  Yet both have made appearances to at least introduce themselves as running.  That is cool with me.  I don't keep up with or care about post count.  But if you really want to be a man of the people come on down and glad hand maybe?

The fact that he is a Magpul person speaks well for him the black rifle arena, but that should also make him doubly aware that this board is here and he could EARN some votes by stepping in.

So we have somebody who is nominated by the nominating committee, and has not stepped in to the largest gun forum(that I am aware of) to address the membership.  I am not against him, and I am not saying he isn't a good person.

I am saying he hasn't earned my vote.  Things change, I could see me potentially voting for him in the future.  But that would require I know more about him than what has gone on so far.

Your vote belongs to you, I would never tell you how to use it.  I don't tell anybody else how to use their vote either.  I have asked that people consider Adam and Tim this year.  I would love to campaign and work for other good people.  But he had no petition to circulate, and he hasn't made an appearance here to ask for a vote....which is huge for me.  I guess know your audience is all I am saying.

Good luck, best wishes, and no hard feelings.  No hostilities, just simply work for your votes is my advice to any candidate.
@akethan
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does when Marion Hammer, former President of the NRA, current Board Member, and paid $300k plus a year lobbyist says anyone not nominated by the committee is an enemy of the NRA.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:52:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Tag? I think that's what he meant.

Im bumping this thread and also throwing my support behind Tim and Adam.

They deserve our votes.  They stand for what we stand for and want to improve the NRA for us. They deserve all our support, in my opinion.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It does when Marion Hammer, former President of the NRA, current Board Member, and paid $300k plus a year lobbyist says anyone not nominated by the committee is an enemy of the NRA.
View Quote
You are comparing a USMC combat vet with that bitch?  What the fuck?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.... just stating fact. There are some good folks nominated by the board and just because of that they'll get a better chance to get on the board. But folks like Adam are vilified by the Blue Bloods on the board.

Politics is a nasty business. Even in the NRA.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
I didn't.  But am no fan of the nominating committee at this point.  I did have several issues in my above post that could be addressed though.

And just to make sure that tone relayed, I am not brow beating you.  And I am not trying to say people shouldn't vote him.  I am saying people should REALLY THINK about how they use each vote.  And what their personal requirements are to for somebody to receive their vote.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It adds some context.  I am not for or against him.  I do not know him.  The day I get my ballot is the first I hear of him.  I want to vote in good people desperately.

I get skeptical of people who run for an office and they are not particularly heard of other than in their circles.  I AM NOT SAYING HE IS A BAD GUY, repeat not saying he is a bad guy.

Here we have the largest gun forum available and I have not seen or heard of him running for NRA BoD.  I am not saying he should be prolific poster.  I have staunchly defended Sean Maloney and Tim Knight both, for being busy and not prolific posters here on arfcom.  Yet both have made appearances to at least introduce themselves as running.  That is cool with me.  I don't keep up with or care about post count.  But if you really want to be a man of the people come on down and glad hand maybe?

The fact that he is a Magpul person speaks well for him the black rifle arena, but that should also make him doubly aware that this board is here and he could EARN some votes by stepping in.

So we have somebody who is nominated by the nominating committee, and has not stepped in to the largest gun forum(that I am aware of) to address the membership.  I am not against him, and I am not saying he isn't a good person.

I am saying he hasn't earned my vote.  Things change, I could see me potentially voting for him in the future.  But that would require I know more about him than what has gone on so far.

Your vote belongs to you, I would never tell you how to use it.  I don't tell anybody else how to use their vote either.  I have asked that people consider Adam and Tim this year.  I would love to campaign and work for other good people.  But he had no petition to circulate, and he hasn't made an appearance here to ask for a vote....which is huge for me.  I guess know your audience is all I am saying.

Good luck, best wishes, and no hard feelings.  No hostilities, just simply work for your votes is my advice to any candidate.
@akethan
View Quote
Just because you post on ARFcom doesn't mean you would be a great NRA board member either.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just because you post on ARFcom doesn't mean you would be a great NRA board member either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@akethan
@akethan   I whole heartedly agree.  And I am not mad about your guy running or not being here.  I have merely stated he has not EARNED my vote.  Running is about getting votes.

Why not show up here and try to earn some votes in a target rich environment?  It isn't a pissing match, it is me trying to learn more about your candidate.  But if this is the reply you wanna go with okie dokie.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@akethan
I agree.... he works for Magpul and they flat out told Colorado that they will move out if the shit ban passed. They kept their word.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Out of curiosity, how long have you known he was running?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top