Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  Surprisingly, there is no index pin.  I may pin the barrel in position after my tax stamp clears and I get it cut down. Test fit of a standard barrel nut plus Samson Evolution 7 looks like it is going to work.

I'll clamp up the barrel and try the thread protector again with it out of the receiver.

Everything is still off now.  I'll add some pictures if you guys are interested.

CHRIS  
View Quote

Yes, please.  No index pin b/c no feed ramps, no FSB & no gas tube.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yes, please.  No index pin b/c no feed ramps, no FSB & no gas tube.
View Quote
Will do...tomorrow.  I remember someone mentioning in one of these threads that they spun the barrel trying to get the thread protector off.  That explains it!

CHRIS

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
A few pics.

CHRIS

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:17:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if that bbl would work in a 9x19mm AR.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you guys seen any excessive wear on your charging handle slot?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:17:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Serious question, how are the ergonomics when inserting a magazine designed for pistols? Probably not too hard with practice, but it seems straight or a forward slant would be easier. Like an AR/MP5. Though with the CZ Evo coming out and magazines being cheap (~$15 in Czech Republic) I think this thing is a bit "meh". Unless you have a lot of Glock mags and that is the only reason you want it.
View Quote

I would think that with body mechanics the backward slanted magwell would be easier. The magwell is pointing at you when you roll the rifle over to the side to insert the magazine.

Could someone with a Glock mag AR take a look and report back?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I would think that with body mechanics the backward slanted magwell would be easier. The magwell is pointing at you when you roll the rifle over to the side to insert the magazine.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Serious question, how are the ergonomics when inserting a magazine designed for pistols? Probably not too hard with practice, but it seems straight or a forward slant would be easier. Like an AR/MP5. Though with the CZ Evo coming out and magazines being cheap (~$15 in Czech Republic) I think this thing is a bit "meh". Unless you have a lot of Glock mags and that is the only reason you want it.

The first few times I inserted a magazine, it felt awkward, because I was so used to how a rifle magazine "should" be inserted. However, once I got over that predisposition, it felt very natural. After I got home, I looked closely at my movements. When grabbing a magazine and moving it up toward where the rifle would be, I noticed that it naturally tilts forward, so it makes sense that it would feel more natural to me.  Granted, you can grab a straight-fitting magazine in such a way that your hand is always in that natural forward-tilt position, so it's not really going to make that big of a difference, but you asked...
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Is it me, or is the barrel extension much smaller on the Nano than other 9mm AR barrels?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#10]
If I ever do an SBR, it will be this.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Hi Folks,
I've been lurking here a while but this is my first post.  I just picked up a Nano, mostly based off what I read here because info is pretty slim.  I just wanted to give you my two cents on it so far.   First impressions were fair to good.  It looked good on the outside.  The castle nut for the buffer tube was loose.  There are some bad machine marks on the bottom of the bolt, bad enough I will contact Mag Tactical about getting a new bolt.  

I put 100 rds through it on the first range trip.  After thoughts on the trip were that the stock is crap and will be changed this week. I just couldn't get it to stay put in my shoulder well at all.  The rail machined into the upper is cut to thin.  I tried to mount a TRS-25 and it would not lock up tight.  I had to move it half way over the UTG rail so it would tighten up.  It ran perfect except for FTFs on one bad 33rd mag (I started stripping rounds out of it and there was a point they were all jacked up inside the mag).  I used two Glock mags and two other Korean mags with no failures of any kind.  It was shooting 3" groups at 25 yards with the red dot from the offhand so I'm sure on the bench it would be much tighter.    

I ordered a MAGPUL K grip and a MFT minimalist stock.  I'll post pics to show the fit when they come in.  

Just want to say thanks for all the info I've gotten from this site over the last couple years.

Two questions:
Has anyone tried to put a slide fire stock on this thing yet?  That just sounds like a lot of fun.

Also can anyone recommend a muzzle device.  It just looks so plain right now.

Pete
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The first few times I inserted a magazine, it felt awkward, because I was so used to how a rifle magazine "should" be inserted. However, once I got over that predisposition, it felt very natural. After I got home, I looked closely at my movements. When grabbing a magazine and moving it up toward where the rifle would be, I noticed that it naturally tilts forward, so it makes sense that it would feel more natural to me.  Granted, you can grab a straight-fitting magazine in such a way that your hand is always in that natural forward-tilt position, so it's not really going to make that big of a difference, but you asked...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, that's just what I was guessing it would be.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Hmmm, how did I miss this?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hmmm, how did I miss this?
View Quote

It was easy to do, as there was no marketing/press on it. I just randomly stumbled onto it. I think it's still too early to judge whether this rifle is a success or not, so maybe missing out was a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Is it me, or is the barrel extension much smaller on the Nano than other 9mm AR barrels?
View Quote
Ahh, nevermind. I see now. The Nano upper is shorter, so less extension is needed. Given the difficulty of replacing extensions, I guess that means I can't swap receivers or barrels.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ahh, nevermind. I see now. The Nano upper is shorter, so less extension is needed. Given the difficulty of replacing extensions, I guess that means I can't swap receivers or barrels.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Is it me, or is the barrel extension much smaller on the Nano than other 9mm AR barrels?

Didn't think 9x19mm AR bbls had an extension, since they're straight blowback.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#17]
You might be right. I was assuming that everything behind the flange is an extension, but maybe with 9mm the barrel is just one single piece.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like Centerfire has more in stock. I wonder if it's from a tweaked production run that addresses some of the early adopter (aka guinea pig) comments. That would be nice if they were that responsive.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks like Centerfire has more in stock. I wonder if it's from a tweaked production run that addresses some of the early adopter (aka guinea pig) comments. That would be nice if they were that responsive.
View Quote

They have been in stock for over a week now.

Wes
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:08:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I just bought mine last week from Centerfire Systems.  Ordered on Monday got it on Friday.  Except for the weird 4.75 adult signature fee they seem pretty good.

Pete
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I just bought mine last week from Centerfire Systems.  Ordered on Monday got it on Friday.  Except for the weird 4.75 adult signature fee they seem pretty good.

Pete
View Quote
What's a "4.75 adult signature fee?"

How is the cartridge stripping? Do you think you'll need to shim?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#22]
I have no idea what the 4.75 adult signature fee is.  I guess it's just an extra fee they add onto firearms.

it's feeding fine, the only problem i had was with a bad Korean 33rd mag I received.  No FTF on any of the other four mags I used.

I'm taking it out today to put another couple hundred rounds through it and see if I was able to fix the bad mag or not.

I'm a little irritated that i emailed mag Tactical Monday about the machine marks on the bolt and still haven't heard a word from them.  I'll call them Monday.

Pete
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hi Folks,
I've been lurking here a while but this is my first post.  I just picked up a Nano, mostly based off what I read here because info is pretty slim.  I just wanted to give you my two cents on it so far.   First impressions were fair to good.  It looked good on the outside.  The castle nut for the buffer tube was loose.  There are some bad machine marks on the bottom of the bolt, bad enough I will contact Mag Tactical about getting a new bolt.  

I put 100 rds through it on the first range trip.  After thoughts on the trip were that the stock is crap and will be changed this week. I just couldn't get it to stay put in my shoulder well at all.  The rail machined into the upper is cut to thin.  I tried to mount a TRS-25 and it would not lock up tight.  I had to move it half way over the UTG rail so it would tighten up.  It ran perfect except for FTFs on one bad 33rd mag (I started stripping rounds out of it and there was a point they were all jacked up inside the mag).  I used two Glock mags and two other Korean mags with no failures of any kind.  It was shooting 3" groups at 25 yards with the red dot from the offhand so I'm sure on the bench it would be much tighter.    

I ordered a MAGPUL K grip and a MFT minimalist stock.  I'll post pics to show the fit when they come in.  

Just want to say thanks for all the info I've gotten from this site over the last couple years.

Two questions:
Has anyone tried to put a slide fire stock on this thing yet?  That just sounds like a lot of fun.

Also can anyone recommend a muzzle device.  It just looks so plain right now.

Pete
View Quote

Not a specific recommendation, but we have a whole section here dedicated to NFA items. You must suppress all the things.

ETA -  Link
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You know, it's a sad time when someone has to specify that they were referring to females when talking about strippers.....  you'd figure something like that would simply be assumed unless otherwise indicated.  

View Quote

This is GD man,  we're lucky no one posted pics of a tranny yet.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:13:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I have no idea what the 4.75 adult signature fee is.  I guess it's just an extra fee they add onto firearms.

it's feeding fine, the only problem i had was with a bad Korean 33rd mag I received.  No FTF on any of the other four mags I used.

I'm taking it out today to put another couple hundred rounds through it and see if I was able to fix the bad mag or not.

I'm a little irritated that i emailed mag Tactical Monday about the machine marks on the bolt and still haven't heard a word from them.  I'll call them Monday.

Pete
View Quote

Glad to hear it. Has your upper developed any excessive wear marks at the edges of the charging handle slot?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Range report:
I put another 200rds through it at an outdoor range this past Friday with zero failures.  I have steel pates from 6" to 10" and I was able to hit the 10" and 8" constantly at 100 yrds.  The 6" misses were probably me not the weapon.  At 30 yrds the thing is just a blast on the steal.  Over all with the new MFT Stock and K grip I am very happy with this little carbine.  Another 500 rds of no failures and it will probably become the new home defense gun.  I have to see how it cycles with some critical duty ammo.

As far as the muzzle device question, I was looking at a flash hider or brake not a suppressor.  There's not that much money in the gun fund.

I have not noticed any excessive wear around the charging handle but mine did come with lube instructions that stated that that area should be greased (not oiled) so I put a little bearing grease on it.

Pete
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Can you post a pic of yours with the stock and grip change?  

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:03:40 AM EDT
[#28]
As requested, sorry it's kind of crappy I just took it with my phone.  Next time I know to resize it so I can post directly, it was a little huge.  The stock is a huge improvement, the grip I could have left stock.  I am looking at a Midwest industries 12" K Mod rail though.  It would drop about 3 1/2 ounces off the weapon and balance it a little better.  

Pete
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Ost

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:29:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:  As requested, sorry it's kind of crappy I just took it with my phone.  Next time I know to resize it so I can post directly, it was a little huge.  The stock is a huge improvement, the grip I could have left stock.  I am looking at a Midwest industries 12" K Mod rail though.  It would drop about 3 1/2 ounces off the weapon and balance it a little better.  

http://i.imgur.com/c8A3gna.jpg

Pete
View Quote

Nice.  Took me a moment to figure out which thread I was in.  Was impressed someone had gotten a Circle 10 lower into the Sub 6 lb thread.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#31]
This reminds me of my Thureon Defense 9mm carbine that takes Glock mags. It is twice the price as the LDR9 9mm Carbine but fit and finish is outstanding and reliability is 100%. Anyone else own or shoot a Thureon:

http://www.mycarbine.com/banner

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone know of what happened to that side feeding .45" ACP upper that took Thompson mags?  Think it was out of a shop in Oklahoma some years back.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I just noticed that Centerfire is now calling it the LDR-9, not the Nano. I actually like LDR-9 better, but the change confuses me. I wonder if there were some production changes (improvements?) that they want to sweep under the carpet.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#34]
The engraving on the side of mine bought from the first batch that ran out is:

MAG TACTICAL SYSTEMS

NEWBURGH, IN

LDR-9mm

serial number

I put LDR-9mm as the model on my Form 1.  Hope that works out!

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:  I just noticed that Centerfire is now calling it the LDR-9, not the Nano. I actually like LDR-9 better, but the change confuses me. I wonder if there were some production changes (improvements?) that they want to sweep under the carpet.
View Quote

Probably b/c Beretta is also calling a gun the Nano.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#36]
So...... has anyone bought one of these and regretted the purchase?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I just noticed that Centerfire is now calling it the LDR-9, not the Nano. I actually like LDR-9 better, but the change confuses me. I wonder if there were some production changes (improvements?) that they want to sweep under the carpet.

That and what about it is "nano"? The old name didn't really make any sense.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 5:50:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Several people have said they bought one and regretted it, usually because of feeding issues. However, it seems like most people, me included, don't have those issues, and are enjoying the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 6:20:38 AM EDT
[#39]
I hate this place.  

It's expensive.  

(I just ordered one).
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Haha! Well I hope you get a good one.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Can any one advise if a standard AR15 upper will fit on this lower.  Obviously you have to use an upper that's setup to work with the mags, but I'm interested to know if any of my other 9mm uppers would fit on this lower.

Thanks
Wes
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:18:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:  Can any one advise if a standard AR15 upper will fit on this lower.  Obviously you have to use an upper that's setup to work with the mags, but I'm interested to know if any of my other 9mm uppers would fit on this lower.

Thanks
Wes
View Quote

No.  Just look @ it.  It's too short.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:52:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
i'm all for new products and the 9mm carbine is one that there isn't much out there but geez.... another GayR-fagteen  like gun???? might as well throw it in barbies dream house with all the other gay shit

is this the wrong place to badmouth the ar?
View Quote

Over at Atlantic Firearms you can get a 9mm AK for about three times the price.  Beretta, Hi-point, and maybe Ruger if they still make the Camp 9.

I actually kind of like the CX4, but the thumbhole is uncomfortable for me.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:  Is it me, or is the barrel extension much smaller on the Nano than other 9mm AR barrels?

It's not exactly an extension, the whole thing is milled from one piece of steel , including the collar, at least thats how we make them.

The "extension" you see is actually the chamber.  

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote
13ers gonna 13

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:nnOver at Atlantic Firearms you can get a 9mm AK for about three times the price.  Beretta, Hi-point, and maybe Ruger if they still make the Camp 9.

I actually kind of like the CX4, but the thumbhole is uncomfortable for me.
View Quote

Marlin made the Camp 9 and the even rarer Camp .45", and sadly the verb I use is in the past tense.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 5:34:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

13ers gonna 13

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

13ers gonna 13

I have no idea what you're saying.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Any updates? Range reports?
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm hittin' the range next week, so I'll post any updates then. I'll put some grease in the charging handle slot and see how that affects receiver wear.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Anyone else having problems with centerfire's website?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top