Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like your squid buddies were riding like douchebags.

Splitting traffic and passing on the shoulder

Y u mad bro?
View Quote

Yep. Dumb fucking squids make the rest of us look bad. If you're going to ride like an idiot, you should be prepared to pay the piper.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Those aren't "bikers", they are squids.
View Quote
As a former squid, I should be offended, but I was thinking the same thing.
"Bikers"
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Squid is a new term to me

Learn something new everyday
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those aren’t “bikers”, they are squids.

Squid is a new term to me

Learn something new everyday

Squid = squirrely kid.
Impounding a vehicle for reckless operation is not that unusual.

Edited for shitty spelling.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep. Dumb fucking squids make the rest of us look bad. If you're going to ride like an idiot, you should be prepared to pay the piper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y u mad bro?

I agree with you
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I want to know if any of the accusations were seen by the cops, or if any of the callers identified one of their plates.... or if the cops just pulled over the first bikers they found.
View Quote

Some cops seem to jump right in and not conduct any investigation.  Just find them guilty on the road and not even look into they have the correct person or what the truth is.  

Remember the biker at the gas station that was fueling up and assaulted and jumped by the cop.  The cop didn't see him do anything but had 1 phone call about it.  That person ended up getting burned very bad.  I hope he becomes a very rich man
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pretty sure it's old but that looks like standard OSP attitudes.
View Quote

That's OSHP, please.  It matters. And they hate it.
And they do think they own the road, it's in their training. When I was with the FD/rescue squad they would bitch at us to open "their" road.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A retired state trooper buddy of mine always said …

Don’t fuck with the state police !!!!

View Quote

They aren't.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.  

The cops went all roid rage over calls from the public but if they didn't see it then tough shit.

I drive a Walmart truck and Walmart Safety regularly has to review the data from our trucks for people calling in saying we were doing something wrong.  Some old Karen called and said I went flying past her on a road that was 65.  Our trucks are governed at 65 so would be pretty amazing for me to fly past her on flat land.  Safety pulled up the history from the truck and knowing where it happened easily verified I did nothing wrong.
View Quote

Have had the same shit happen. Lady called in that she was doing 70 in a 65 and I passed her like she was standing still.
All of our trucks except one was governed at 62mph. And the one that wasn’t set at 62 was at 65. Which fucking sucked and I wish I could have been blowing past people period.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They aren't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A retired state trooper buddy of mine always said …

Don’t fuck with the state police !!!!

They aren't.

I didn't see how the bikers were messing with the state police
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As I have already stated,  If there were riding in a reckless manner then write them tickets.  How the cops handled the whole is what I have a problem with.  Hell one of the cops stated that he owned the interstate.  Do you think that he might be a little delusional and in need of a mental review
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does the state employee own the state road that is maintained and regulated by the state?

It is a trade.....

You don't want a ticket- tell me who your friend is that ran away. Seems pretty simple.

No, I don't think the state employee owns the road.

The ticket thing sounds like blackmail.  If the LEO were really concerned about public safety then this wouldn't even come up

Been riding long?  21 years

Deal with cops much?  More than I care to

I got news for ya:

If they were splitting traffic and passing on the shoulder they were getting tickets no matter what.

Don't ride like a douche and you won't have to deal with cops.  HAHAHHAH are you serious Clark?

It's amazingly simple

As I have already stated,  If there were riding in a reckless manner then write them tickets.  How the cops handled the whole is what I have a problem with.  Hell one of the cops stated that he owned the interstate.  Do you think that he might be a little delusional and in need of a mental review

Grow up and get over it. When I was in basic military  training, the instrustors always claimed to own government property but you don't see me crying about it.

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If the bikers were breaking the law then write tickets.  My whole point is that cops made some assumptions and IMO didn't know anything.  It is not up the the CITIZEN to do the investigation for the cops,  The LEOs seem to have delusions that may need to be looked into.  Does the raging cop really own the interstate?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not seeing a problem. Call me a bootlicker.

Oh they said they didn't really know him? Ok! Well guess I'd better take their word at it!

They made a YouTube video that doesn't show any of their reckless operation or fleeing but only when they finally stop for police? Ok! I guess I'd better take their word at it.

If the bikers were breaking the law then write tickets.  My whole point is that cops made some assumptions and IMO didn't know anything.  It is not up the the CITIZEN to do the investigation for the cops,  The LEOs seem to have delusions that may need to be looked into.  Does the raging cop really own the interstate?
Did the cop that pulled them over witness reckless driving?  Since when can a cop ticket someone for something joe blow called in.  Beating the ticket in court ought to be easy if there are no witnesses to testify.  Or maybe I don't know how any of this works.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm a trucker.

People call me in at least 2 times a week.
View Quote
Maybe if you didn't pee out the window...
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you talking about when he said "My Interstate?" Isn't that just like saying my job, my work area, etc
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Grow up and get over it. When I was in basic military  training, the instrustors always claimed to own government property but you don't see me crying about it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does the state employee own the state road that is maintained and regulated by the state?

It is a trade.....

You don't want a ticket- tell me who your friend is that ran away. Seems pretty simple.

No, I don't think the state employee owns the road.

The ticket thing sounds like blackmail.  If the LEO were really concerned about public safety then this wouldn't even come up

Been riding long?  21 years

Deal with cops much?  More than I care to

I got news for ya:

If they were splitting traffic and passing on the shoulder they were getting tickets no matter what.

Don't ride like a douche and you won't have to deal with cops.  HAHAHHAH are you serious Clark?

It's amazingly simple

So you are Ok with a .gov employee with the authority to issue tickets and make arrests making statements that are not true?  Statements about owning public roads.  Paid for by taxpayers.  IMO every other statement he makes can be called in question based the fact that he might be delusional.  He stated that the interstate was his.

Good for you that you were in basic military training. Were the instructors LEOs?  I don't see how your military service or what instructors said has any baring on this event.

Big difference is that you signed up for the military service these people did not sign up to interact with the OSHP
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are you talking about when he said "My Interstate?" Isn't that just like saying my job, my work area, etc
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes the LEO says around 3:09.  I don't think so.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

In Ohio, the attitude is just a smidgen different (lol), and I believe that the jurisdiction for OSP is less broad than for most state police forces.

@Ohio can clarify this for us.

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So you are Ok with a .gov employee with the authority to issue tickets and make arrests making statements that are not true?  Statements about owning public roads.  Paid for by taxpayers.  IMO every other statement he makes can be called in question based the fact that he might be delusional.  He stated that the interstate was his.

Good for you that you were in basic military training. Were the instructors LEOs?  I don't see how your military service or what instructors said has any baring on this event.

Big difference is that you signed up for the military service these people did not sign up to interact with the OSHP
View Quote

Its a turn of phrase used across many professions. "My range"..."My gym"..."My shop"....heard them all for decades by the people who were responsible for running them but didn't actually own them. No need to sperg out about it.

The rage cop is an unprofessional dipshit. It happens.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Douchebag bikers

Raging cops

Classic case of "when assholes collide"

Hey, OP, you can lay off the whole, "Big bad mean cops tormenting innocent bikers" schtick.  100% certain bikers were riding like douchebags.  The one trooper even said multiple TWELVE!!!!  people called them in.
View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When assholes collide.
View Quote

That made me think of the movie scene “Ass to ass”.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#20]
If the bikers were reckless they deserve every bit of that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

If they were, and the LEOS can prove it, then yes they do deserve tickets within the law

The LEOS being unprofessional is never ok. IMO

The first LEO taking the keys is never OK.  Do not touch my property.  Get a warrant.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They (OSP) knew they didn’t have the witnesses or evidence to write the tickets so they gave a royal ass chewing instead.

Ultimately they made themselves look like douchebags on YouTube.

Pretty unprofessional and way to emotionally invested.
View Quote

The OSHP lied and accused the bikers of knowing people that the LEOs had no proof that they knew.  

Plus the second cop needs a mental eval
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#24]
You have been riding 21 years and NEVER heard the term "squid?"  
Color me... dubious.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I kinda like him, seems to the point, one point.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:08:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You have been riding 21 years and NEVER heard the term "squid?"  
Color me... dubious.
View Quote

Believe what you want.

I'm not into coloring people.  No judgement from me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:08:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They (OSP) knew they didn’t have the witnesses or evidence to write the tickets so they gave a royal ass chewing instead.

Ultimately they made themselves look like douchebags on YouTube.

Pretty unprofessional and way to emotionally invested.
View Quote

They did write the tickets
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:10:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Giving someone a ticket is not revealing damaging information about them so it is not even close to blackmail.

They had a choice. Help the police and don't get a ticket. Don't help the police and get a ticket. Pretty common in criminal investigations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Giving someone a ticket is not revealing damaging information about them so it is not even close to blackmail.

They had a choice. Help the police and don't get a ticket. Don't help the police and get a ticket. Pretty common in criminal investigations.

Write the ticket, or don't write the ticket. This mastermind of the road isn't investigating shit in this case unless it caused an accident. I'll let the traffic Judge decide.

ETA: Also your second sentence is essentially roadside Blackmail.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like a large group of douchebags.

Some in uniforms, some in helmets
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Is it an Ohio thing to call the shoulder a berm?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If they were, and the LEOS can prove it, then yes they do deserve tickets within the law

The first LEO taking the keys is never OK.  Do not touch my property.  Get a warrant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cops reaction was definitely a bit over the top.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have every cop’s phone number?

If no, then why do you expect every rider to know each other’s number?  I’ve gone on plenty of rides where we met up, a couple people knew each other, said hi, then I’d be lucky to remember a first name.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The cops reaction was definitely a bit over the top.
View Quote

Professionalism is overrated.  He got twelve calls man.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is it an Ohio thing to call the shoulder a berm?
View Quote
I thought they were going to have to drive up on that hillside when he said it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:12:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right.  That isn't blackmail.  That is extortion which is just as bad.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:32:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y u mad bro?

"We" were here first. Anyone with a memory knows that.
I thought a squid was marine. @Houlagan72
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#38]
At the end of the video you see the name Maxy. This is Maxwrist. He is a very good rider who rides like z as complete asshole. Treats the road like a racetrack. Lots of crashes.

As a motorcycle rider those guys are getting what they deserve. Most likely they were doing twice the speed limit while swerving through traffic.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:29:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, and if we don't go along with answering questions and cooperating, according to som LEO here, we  will have a bad day....but we are free to not answer questions
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:33:59 AM EDT
[#40]
There was some crazy riding by other bikers before the cops showed up.  I can't find the video, but I saw it not long ago.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:36:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I didn't see how the bikers were messing with the state police
View Quote
Yep there is literally no chance they were riding like dicks before they started recording. Not like their other videos popping wheelies and shit.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:37:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Are there any physical standards? Any at all? Or are you just free to become a morbidly obese doughnut-eating fatbody after you get out of the academy?
View Quote

The ATF has a minimum weight standard, with the attention of having agents be burly, manly men. Of course, what actually happened is that most of them are fat.

So, they're as inept at understanding the effects of regulations for themselves as for firearms.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:43:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
At the end of the video you see the name Maxy. This is Maxwrist. He is a very good rider who rides like z as complete asshole. Treats the road like a racetrack. Lots of crashes.

As a motorcycle rider those guys are getting what they deserve. Most likely they were doing twice the speed limit while swerving through traffic.
View Quote

I meet @imkay on his Ducati V4R Then We Race!

Dude is totally a safe driver and only does this on the race track /s
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:43:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHFe4d2gseg

0:51 The LEO says "don't start with me."   Start what?

1:38 The LEO wants to know who their buddy is.  The bikers state that they don't really know him.  I love how the LEO assumes that he is their buddy. Good detective work there.

2:05 The second LEO, with rage issues. He says that if they don't get "their boy" back on the horn right now that he will write every single one of them.  Interesting statement.  Is that a threat if someone else doesn't comply they get a tickets or if the guy does come back do not get issued tickets?  Could be some neat case law there

2:18.  The second LEO states that they know exactly who he is.  If the LEOs know then why do they need the bikers to get him back there.  Could it be that cops lied or are just stupid?

3:09 The second LEO states that the bikers almost caused fatal crashes on his "god damn interstate"  This is where I think the LEO is delusional and needs to be suspended pending a psychological review.  Does he think that he owns the interstate.  Either he is on a power trip and confused or he does think that he owns the interstate.  Either way it is concerning that he has the power of arrest and has a badge.  I think he has periods of rage and delusions,  Not good for any LEO, IMO.  This is the most concerning to me.  From my research, I thought that the interstates were owned by the states and feds.  If the LEO does own the interstate, can anyone buy a part of it?

The second LEO seems to think that they all know the other guy that got away.  Could LEOs really tow the bikers bikes if that one guy didn't come back.  

Now I will say that if the bikers were driving in dangerous manner and reckless, then they should be issued tickets.  I ride a motorcycle can't stand reckless stupid driving.

A question I have is.  If they were that dangerous on the road then why were would the LEOs let them go if their "friend" came back?  Seems the LEOs are on a power trip and not so concerned about public safety.
View Quote

I'm siding with the cops and it sounds like their anger is warranted and that the bikers were legitimately riding unsafely.  

I'd be pissed  also if I were a cop in charge of patrolling that section of road way and idiots were driving unsafely like that.

I deal with idiots on the roads every day on a long commute, and see people that lack complete self awareness to bikers like those in the video who are a complete hazard and have little sympathy for these guys.  The bikers probably should have had their rides towed from the scene..

The cops anger is over the top, but probably justified.  He'd be the one that has to respond to an accident should these people have caused one and this encounter could have just been the icing on the cake of an already shitty day.  

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:47:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That has always bothered me.  I will turn it off but you are not taking my property,

Good luck on my bike.  It doesn't need a key
View Quote

Telling you to hand over the keys is a lawful order.

Not doing so will not go your way.

It may be wrong, but it is important to know that reality.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:05:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Douchebag bikers

Raging cops

Classic case of "when assholes collide"

Hey, OP, you can lay off the whole, "Big bad mean cops tormenting innocent bikers" schtick.  100% certain bikers were riding like douchebags.  The one trooper even said multiple people called them in.
View Quote
No, he said 12 called, which is almost certainly a lie.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:26:58 AM EDT
[#47]
The origin of the term squid is ambiguous. It is commonly said to be a contraction of squirrely and kid, or less commonly, squished and kid. It might also have something to do with the appearance of a lightly-clothed person who has fallen off their bike and slid chaotically down the road; the resultant injuries may make the unfortunate motorcyclist resemble an amorphous tentacled creature. Squid is also described occasionally as an acronym, although these are likely backronyms.

"Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous"
"Stupidly Quick, Underdressed and Imminently Dead"
"Super Quick Until I Die"
"Speeding Quickly Until I Die"

Another possibility is that the term originally referred to newly-inducted sailors based in San Diego in the 1960s, who sometimes used inexpensive two-stroke motorcycles for transportation. The term could have originally referred to these unprotected, inexperienced "marine life" moving through traffic rapidly and leaving a trail of black "ink" (the characteristic dark colored two-stroke exhaust) behind. Squid was also a more general derogatory term for sailors of this time. Motorcyclists will often note similarities between how a squid rides and the manner in which a squid swims. Squids may appear unable to change direction while swimming without first coming to a near stop, but then accelerate very rapidly. Beginning motorcyclists may often experience difficulty negotiating turns at normal rates of speed, but have a tendency to ride very fast on straight sections of road.
View Quote

Think American Motorcyclist was one of the first - could only find the follow-up article:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:29:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Is there a trucker club to see who can get the most calls without breaking any laws?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a trucker.

People call me in at least 2 times a week.

Is there a trucker club to see who can get the most calls without breaking any laws?

I dunno.

What I'm saying is that fucking car drivers don't know shit and they get upset over anything.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:31:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Chances that a random group of riders leaving a bike meet on sportbikes were riding like wieners? Almost 100%. Good ticketing.

Chances that Trooper Raging Roy beats his wife? Almost 100%. Dude is unhinged.

Also, it's incredibly common to ride with people you don't know, after a bike meet. Not sure why the cops or some of the posters here think it's odd for them not to know the other guy's name, let alone his cell to call him back to the scene. Lol

View Quote

Well then... good tickets.

Riding with people you don't know is retarded..

Must be a crotch rocket thing.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:52:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:So you are Ok with a .gov employee with the authority to issue tickets and make arrests making statements that are not true?
View Quote
Feels are irrelevant, thankfully we still live in a Republic. As I understand the law is that an officer can lie to you about anything and everything but if you are not 101% factually correct with everything you say you can be charged and arrested.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top