Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That glock looks funny.
View Quote
That's because it doesn't look like a shit brick from a constipated Austrian.

But this one isn't much better
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Reversible mag release.

Also, apparently the rear sight is adjustable which is kind of cool.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ambidextrous?

Reversible mag release.

So the slide catch isn't ambi
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Better, since Beretta didn't fuck it up by putting the slide release too far back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like an HK

Better, since Beretta didn't fuck it up by putting the slide release too far back.

How long before someone complains they can't reach the slide release without shifting their grip?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The PX4 doesn't use 92 mags...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
being a huge beretta fan I am. I am going to have to say this is fake. If they did make a striker fired pistol they would be smart to make it compatible with 92 mags.

The PX4 doesn't use 92 mags...

sure it does if you add a little JB weld to them

When the PX4 storm came out I got one for the wife and converted a 323rd Beretta 92 mag to work in it...has never jammed with that mag...
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd buy one before I ever buy another DA/SA hammer again. They are far too late in the game though, since I finally settled on just buying all Glocks and getting rid of almost everything else.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think it's like the M&P where they tell you to pull down the sear lever with the grip tool for disassembly.   In reality, all you have to do is pull the trigger.  I'd be really surprised if the beretta is any different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need a tool to disassemble.....
Keeping my Glocks.

I think it's like the M&P where they tell you to pull down the sear lever with the grip tool for disassembly.   In reality, all you have to do is pull the trigger.  I'd be really surprised if the beretta is any different.

And the tool is the reason I don't have an M&P. Yeah, you can take it apart like a Glock, but just the fact that S&W feesl I am too stupid to do a chamber check and need a tool to push down an ejector or decock like the Beretta gets me.

The lowly Sigma and newer SD series do not require a tool. Take down is like a Glock.
Ruger P Series need the ejector lowered, but you use a finger, not fidget with a took to unlock a small sear.

92FS does not need a tool.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Slide looks stupid. No real serrations at front and rear for gripping, just broad scalloping long the whole length of the slide?  When does that get fun? Was this designed by an artist?

No thanks,
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And the tool is the reason I don't have an M&P. Yeah, you can take it apart like a Glock, but just the fact that S&W feesl I am too stupid to do a chamber check and need a tool to push down an ejector or decock like the Beretta gets me.

The lowly Sigma and newer SD series do not require a tool. Take down is like a Glock.
Ruger P Series need the ejector lowered, but you use a finger, not fidget with a took to unlock a small sear.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keeping my Glocks.

It has nothing to do with "YOU" being to stupid and everything to do with the idiots that can not do it....

Lots of officers have had an ND because they did not properly clear the pistol for take down... complacency kills

and you don't need a tool for the M&P you can use your finger....
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Kinda sorta like. Needs someone to go over it for aesthetic touches.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keeping my Glocks.

I need a tool to take the slide off my M&P? I've been doing it wrong all these years
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
<snip>When the PX4 storm came out I got one for the wife and converted a 323rd Beretta 92 mag to work in it...has never jammed with that mag...
View Quote

Please post pics of wife and magazine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Yeah but the Canik has real serrations for gripping. You know, for racking the slide, when wearing gloves, or when your fingers or the slide are wet or bloody, making gripping surface texture more important. That artsy fartsy Beretta has no real serrations, front or rear. That's just dumb.

Can't see buying a semi-auto slide pistol without any kind of real grip serrations. I'm going with "what were they thinking?"
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#13]
It might be the best striker fired gun yet.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I like Beretta but this new pistol makes me wonder they are failing so hard
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Which take Beretta 92 mags.
View All Quotes

NO shit?  I did not know that.  Suddenly slightly interested in one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Yes. I don't know why more people don't know this about them. I've been looking at the Caniks hard. They really are a very high quality made piece.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>When the PX4 storm came out I got one for the wife and converted a 323rd Beretta 92 mag to work in it...has never jammed with that mag...

sorry it is a 32rd mag and wife pics are posted in other threads
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#18]

You know what would make that look good?  If it had the words "GRIP ZONE" embossed in big letters on the grip.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just another polymer striker fired pistol.  They are basically all the same and boring. Does it really matter which one you buy?
View Quote

Well yeah, that one is ugly.  

How can a company that makes the 92, such a nice looking pistol make this?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

+11...   Dumb design
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slide ribbed for her pleasure?

+11...   Dumb design

Maybe it's made for that Aussie cop that used a Glock as a sex toy on some woman.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. Darn, I wanted to see how she handled a 323 round magazine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Is it just me, or does it look like it has the sort of sub-chassis like the P250 or P320, which would be the part that is actually considered the firearm?

It looks like it in the pictures. It seems they did it in the exact same way.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ambidextrous?

Reversible mag release.

What you need, my friend, is Grand Power K100. All ambi, all the time.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yes. I don't know why more people don't know this about them. I've been looking at the Caniks hard. They really are a very high quality made piece.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You sure about that?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You sure about that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure about that?

Do tell
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Meh, lotta hate for Beretta around here.  Be interesting to see how it does when people actually handle and fire one.  

My thoughts in no specific order:

Looks to have a Glock style trigger.  Interesting to see how it does compared to the Glock, VP9 and PPQ.
Has better clearance under the trigger guard than a Glock.
Looks to have a low bore axis.
Has a pretty high beaver tail.
Grip looks pretty petit, especially the reach to the trigger from the upper part of the grip and back strap area..  Looks as though it could have changeable grip inserts.
The slide cocking serrations may just be, gasp, useable.  Why they put them on the whole slide seems over kill.
Dovetailed front and rear sights, interesting, but a potential pain in the ass if you don't have a sight pusher set of for the gun.

I carry Glocks exclusively for on duty and off duty use.  Not a fan boy, they just work and have several models to choose from.  Be interested to see what some actual reputable testers have to say about the gun.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#27]
If I gave a shit about looks I'd be carrying a Browning Hi-Power.  It's a plastic  pistol.  They're all ugly.    I care about how it shoots.

I'd give it a try in 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keeping my Glocks.

No, the reason you don't have an M&P isn't because of the totally unneeded "tool".   Stop making up  stupid excuses.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#29]
I bought an ARX a couple months back, and love the shit out of it... but this pistol? Nope.

I think I'll get a CZ P-09.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ambidextrous?

Reversible mag release.

Oops I forgot that part. Yes, it's ambi.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No, the reason you don't have an M&P isn't because of the totally unneeded "tool".   Stop making up  stupid excuses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keeping my Glocks.

I have never had to use the tool on my M&P9. Finger works fine. And I have big fingers.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If I gave a shit about looks I'd be carrying a Browning Hi-Power.  It's a plastic  pistol.  They're all ugly.    I care about how it shoots.

View Quote

This.  And from the "looks" of it, there's a good chance it will perform well - as in as well as a Steyr or Caracal but with better factory support.

As for Beretta, I see nothing but positives comming roum them lately; they dumped MD over the passage of more gun control there and they constantly bring new products to the market.  

Great company in my book.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I have never had to use the tool on my M&P9. Finger works fine. And I have big fingers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keeping my Glocks.

Yup. Takes more time to get the tool out than to just reach down there with a finger and flip the switch that way.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This.  And from the "looks" of it, there's a good chance it will perform well - as in as well as a Steyr or Caracal but with better factory support.

As for Beretta, I see nothing but positives comming roum them lately; they dumped MD over the passage of more gun control there and they constantly bring new products to the market.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, but, but they make the M9 and it's shitty.  

Seriously, I won't hate on Beretta for making a striker fired plastic pistol.  They have dine the DA/SA thing and tried to make it work even in plastic with the Storm models.   A huge chunk of the police/civilian sales side is being dominated by Glock with a non DA/SA trigger setup and we see Smith and Wesson selling a lot of M&P's.  Add to it the lesser sales of the XD, PPQ and now the VP9.  This is where the current trend in defensive type pistols is headed.  You can either play the game or continue to make pistols with an operating system that a lot of specific users are passing up.  At least the trigger isn't designed to break in half when pulling it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh wow... another polymer striker-fired "DAO because we can't think of anything else to call it" gun.

The McPistol marches on.  

In all seriousness though, it might be a heck of a gun... Beretta is certainly capable.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#36]
If it doesn't share mags with the 92, or the PX4, not interested.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are you yankin' our chains 1911xdm? I've got a P-07 but do not own a 92, so I can not independently test this..
View Quote

I have both...

I guess I've got something to do when I get home. CZ75 mags aren't all that different from 92 mags, so it doesn't really surprise me on the face of it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keeping my Glocks.

Lol, you don't need that tool for the M&P if you have a finger nail, or a pen handy. Plus, the tool is part of the gun, what the fuck is the big deal?

<---Used to own an M&P 9
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yeah but the Canik has real serrations for gripping. You know, for racking the slide, when wearing gloves, or when your fingers or the slide are wet or bloody, making gripping surface texture more important. That artsy fartsy Beretta has no real serrations, front or rear. That's just dumb.

Can't see buying a semi-auto slide pistol without any kind of real grip serrations. I'm going with "what were they thinking?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes. Because the slide of the new Beretta looks all slippery and hard to grip, what with those GIANT FUCKING RIDGES EVERY FEW INCHES.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Don't we have enough of these now?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And the tool is the reason I don't have an M&P. Yeah, you can take it apart like a Glock, but just the fact that S&W feesl I am too stupid to do a chamber check and need a tool to push down an ejector or decock like the Beretta actually listens to its potential customer base (LE departments that wanted a gun that you don't have to pull the trigger to take down) gets me.

View Quote

FIFY.

I suppose the trademarked Glock "Fuck you, this is the way guns are supposed to be, deal with it!" R&D strategy is more your speed.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not until CZ jumps on board.

ETA oh wait nvm, I think they have a striker out somewhere
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Beretta:

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CZ 100 / 110? Everybody has those moments when they wake up with a splitting headache and an empty condom box and realize
they just made a big mistake. That was that moment for CZ...
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

CZ 100 / 110? Everybody has those moments when they wake up with a splitting headache and an empty condom box and realize
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe that this thread is more that speed.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1721024_.html
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Beretta perfezione.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which take Beretta 92 mags.

Does the new BERETTA also take the 92 mags? Maybe some brand swapping going on here!!! Not like it would be the first time..
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yes. Because the slide of the new Beretta looks all slippery and hard to grip, what with those GIANT FUCKING RIDGES EVERY FEW INCHES.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet the HK VP9 has "ears" or "tabs" at the rear of the slide, under the rear sight and not too many people are bitching about that.  Wonder if they pay royalties to Crossman for the idea based upon it's air gun 1911 styled pistols with tabs in the same area.   Not a huge fan of what serrations I see on the Beretta (they could have left one set off the forward middle of the frame and it would looked better IMO), aesthetically, but I bet you can grab forward or rear on the slide and make it move to the rear.    
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#49]
It looks like it would be comfortable to hold, but the rubber slide is weird. I get it. It's to facilitate traction anywhere you grab the slide for a press check or to rack it. It just looks weird. Making a holster for it would be interesting.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like an HK

I'm not entirely confident in that.

The placement of the slide stop on the 92 works because the grips have that molded-in shelf at the top corner. Hitting the slide stop requires bending your thumb downward. It's very easy to do quickly, yet it's not easy to do accidentally. I think that's brilliant, and that's one of my favorite design features of the 92.

Using my G17 and my M&P as a reference, and looking at the photos at the link, I think Beretta either nailed it or has the slide stop a bit too close.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top