Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 78
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's evidence that THAT clip of him was prepped and ready to be characterized as "evidence" by the Useful ones.

How many of us all these many months were wondering what Biden meant by that?

Did ANYONE suggest that he was speaking in kinetic terms?

Nope.

We briefly used that as "evidence" of Biden's incompetence and powerlessness.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Biden's statement is evidence.
It's fine with me if you want to defend him.
All the liberals are.

It's evidence that THAT clip of him was prepped and ready to be characterized as "evidence" by the Useful ones.

Nope.

Everyone knew that destroying it was an option when he said that. It is unbecoming to pretend otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There you go, just like OP, lapping up the out of context bullshit that's fed to you.

Enjoy your fake reality.  
View Quote

"Fake reality"?  Think about that for a second.  The exact words of the President of the United States, if heard and given their appropriate meaning, is now "fake reality."

I heard his words on Nordstream 2, and they were unmistakable.  He was backed up by Victoria Nuland, who has been around forever and said the same thing, albeit with different words.

I'm not really certain we blew the thing up.  I think we had a hand in it for sure, but I don't think we planted the charges.

But think how far we've come to now say the clear, unmistakable words of the leader of our country is "fake reality."  That is both pitiable and frightening.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Putin can get fucked.

It seems that he is oddly committed to this war with every intent of weakening Russia from a long term strategic perspective. If you wanna talk 'conspiracy theories' I wouldn't be surprised if he's working with 'globohomo' to deliberately undermine Russia with a disastrous war. If even half of the US/NATO/Ukie propaganda can be believed, and assuming that lines of a map are even close, Russia is flat out getting its ass gaped open. Which to me, would make it incredibly shocking, stupid, and nonsensical to double down and remove your own bargaining chip from the table. You are removing your one 'out' from a war that you will definitely lose.

So to argue that Russia is the culprit then, is to say:

1) Putin is insane, like, more insane than any leader in world history has ever been. More insane than Hitler in Berlin even.

or

2) Russia has some means to actually win, even if it means the adoption of war measures we may not have seen yet.

I for one, am so anti-Russian propaganda I am not convinced 2 is even possible, their military is absolute shit, and 1 is naive propaganda from the US that we tell little children so they can look at the world in a way that makes sense to a childish mind. Leaders don't magically go mad (yes even Hitler or Stalin), you just don't get told what the other sides motives really are because that takes too much time or may make you sympathetic to them. That's why I say the US or an ally, or some undisclosed 3rd party did it.
View Quote

I'm willing to bet Putin was oversold on some some committee general's ability to actually execute this plan, and now that he's stepped in it, there's no easy way to save face.

The only way this ends "peacefully" is if:

A) Putin gets his pound of flesh in the form of the new protectorate regions.
B) Putin gets a negotiate lesser version of the above.
C) Putin gets a bullet.

I'll throw in D but it's less likely--

D) Ukraine drives Russia back to its pre-Invasion boarders.

In terms of who dun it with the pipeline,

Russia- This would be a brilliant 3D chess move capitalizing on Biden's testimony to undermine NATO.

Ukraine- Easily could have taken a preemptive move to burn Germany's bridges for them. No going back.

USA- Biden could have done what he said he was going to do.
Even worse, he's done this before, namely in describing exactly how he would withdraw from the middle a decade before hand.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's nonsense.  We all discussed that comment HERE.  

Do you specifically recall ANYONE claiming that he meant he would blow it up?

Are you claiming that YOU suggested that he meant he would blow it up?
View Quote

You don't think Biden's own words suggest that?
I think, on it's face, it is an implied threat. I doubt anyone missed that.
That doesn't mean we did it.
But to discount any possibility that we may have doesn't seem very reasonable.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It takes it offline for the long term, thus removing it as a bargaining chip in peace talks.  Other than that, it is relatively meaningless.

So who wants to remove it as a bargaining chip?  Putin, to quell internal suspension and anti-Russian, pro-war elements in the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you search history on Nord 2 its pretty clear we were strongly againist it.

Ukraine, Poland and others were strongly againist it.

Ukraine was especially bitching about the 2 billion yr loss of revenue.

I can't find any news of anyone supporting it other than Germany and Russia and that is actually telling really.

Of all the retarded things Russia could do is blow up the line.

That seem very last ditch and in full retreat.

This is a huge escalation that does not play into Russia hands and actually forces a play.

What does blowing up the line do that shutting to down unilaterally for "repairs" doesn't?

especially if they can get their useful idiot network leveraging the incident to accuse their own governments and further decrease support of Ukraine?

I genuinely don't see a single negative for Russia here, beyond what they had already decided was the way forward - no more Nordstream 1.

I see only positives.

Other than the aforementioned propaganda ploy / system test, they also have more leverage over Europe with regard to turning the taps on. Now, it's not just a policy thing, but a "oh, we'd love to, but with sanctions in place we'd never be able to make the needed repairs."

What am I missing?

It takes it offline for the long term, thus removing it as a bargaining chip in peace talks.  Other than that, it is relatively meaningless.

So who wants to remove it as a bargaining chip?  Putin, to quell internal suspension and anti-Russian, pro-war elements in the US.

Putin has lost any bargaining chip or the ability to bargain at this point and he knows that there will be no peace talks because every country knows that the Russian government are liars, always have been, always will be. (And, the pipeline is not Putin's "ace in the hole" like some of you think - Europe is working hard to get another source and make it through one tough winter- after that Putin's heat blackmail is over. And Putin has known this.) Putin's idea of a peace talk is "I take over your country and the bombing will stop." There's nothing wrong with being anti-Russian government for the absolute misery they have caused their neighbors for hundreds of years (even pre-communism) not to mention over 100 million executed and countless people oppressed.

If Putin was arrested and if a new Russian government agrees to restitution of the damage caused to Ukraine, there would be no one pushing to go to war with Russia. This is on him. Was there any "war talk" from the American side prior to the Georgian invasion or even 2014? No there was not BUT Putin WAS sending nuclear subs close to our shores in the Atlantic and Gulf prior to this, funding and militarily assisting communist Cuba, Venezuela, working with Nicaragua, North Korea AND wargaming with communist China AGAINST the USA. Great Christian patriot for freedom Putin is as an ally with EVERY communist and Marxist regime on the planet. Alexi Joneskov didn't ever mention that on his show.

Funny how that is all forgotten...
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That would be pretty ballsy. Because they want to fight the Russians to the last Ukrainian?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well who is it, I'm not watching 20 minutes BS to find out.

She thinks it's POLAND

That would be pretty ballsy. Because they want to fight the Russians to the last Ukrainian?
The Poles have been getting buttfucked by Russia and Germany for the last, what? Half a millennium? Now they can punch both of them in the balls (and stiffen Berlin's spine) for the cost of a fairly straightforward UDT op? Plus, potato head said some stupid shit back in March that gives them plausible deniability. There are worse theories.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I believe this is true.  It was retarded for Russia to blow up the line.  Except that you are asking the wrong question.  You should be asking "Is it retarded for PUTIN to damage the pipes?" which is a very different question.

On the one hand you have a vague and stale (out of date, no longer relevant) comment from Biden and on the other hand you have a Soviet KGB officer become dictator who's nuts are being squeezed in a vise of his own making and is threatening nuclear war while pretending to be a victim of NATO, the US, and the West as demonstrated by the speech he just gave.  A false flag against an already indefinitely shut down Nord Stream is perfect for him.

Quoted:
If the Russians did it why is the line from Norway to Poland not destroyed?
That would be an act of war and would not further the propaganda aims of playing victim and causing dissent within the West.

Quoted:
Quoted:
There are lots of theoretically possible scenarios ranging from a systemic design or manufacturing flaw to the US to China to terrorists, but Soviet KGB officer become dictator who's nuts are being squeezed in a vice of his own making is the least improbable by a fair margin.
Ok. Let's put the notion of systemic design flaw, accident, operator error etc to bed.  The chances of 4 leaks in two systems all developing in a day or so without it being intentional is zero.

Somebody blew them up.
No shit.  That's why I referred to that set of possibilities as "theoretically possible" and this other possibility as "the least improbable by a fair margin."

Quoted:
Quoted:
Your proposed false flags would be blatant and require Putin to do something that he doesn't have the combat power to do short of WMDs.  I don't believe Putin is mush-brained enough to openly use nukes or chemical weapons.  Your proposed false flags would therefore result in Putin losing face and risking his life and political power.  I also believe that not even Biden is mush-brained enough to commit an act of war against Germany and/or Russia.
LOL, wut? He doesn't need nukes to stage some "Ukrainian" terrorist action. Shit, he just needs to have his KGB guys blow something up, or shoot something up, then deposit some captured Ukrainian soldiers bodies or bits therof as "proof" the Ukrainians did it. Jesus terrorist organizations have been doing this shit for decades without WMD's.
LOLWUT?  Oh, you managed to interpret my post backwards.  I did NOT say that the only way Putin could commit a false flag was with nukes.

First, Russia is already murdering civilians and blaming Ukraine for it.  https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-missile-strike-hits-ukrainian-civilian-convoy-regional-governor-2022-09-30/

Second, I said that the type of false flag you were recommending would require a major response from Putin and he does not have the combat power to respond appropriately and would lose face.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Russian government agrees to restitution of the damage caused to Ukraine,

Great idea. Never been done before.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Putin says U.S. created nuclear precedent by bombing Japan: Crazed Russian leader claims 'Anglo-Saxons' blew up Nord Stream, says U.S. is occupying Germany and Korea, and warns he'll use 'all forces' to defend four annexed Ukraine regions

Vladimir Putin accused the United States of creating a nuclear weapons 'precedent' by bombing Japan at the end of the second World War in an unhinged speech calling the West 'satanists' and accusing 'Anglo Saxons' of blowing up the Nord Stream pipelines.

The Russian despot ranted about sex-change operations, claimed America is occupying Germany and Korea and vowed to 'smash' the West in the disturbing remarks as he announced the annexation of four regions in Ukraine.

His saber-rattling is another terrifying hint that he is prepared to use nuclear weapons as he vowed to use 'all available means' to hold onto Russian-occupied areas of Kherson, Zaporizhzhia, Donetsk and Luhansk.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/09/30/15/62969437-11266907-Russian_President_Vladimir_Putin_said_the_United_States_had_crea-a-28_1664548017563.jpg

Again, he blamed the West for his invasion of Ukraine because they believe Russia is a 'colony' and a 'band of slaves, and wants to break it up into smaller states who 'will be fighting against each other'.

President Joe Biden released a statement Friday claiming that the annexations have 'no legitimacy' and will not be recognized by the U.S. He also announced a new set of sanctions in response to the move.

'The United States will always honor Ukraine's internationally recognized borders,' Biden said in the statement, adding: 'We will continue to support Ukraine's efforts to regain control of its territory by strengthening its hand militarily and diplomatically.'

'In response to Russia's phony claims of annexation, the United States, together with our Allies and partners, are announcing new sanctions today,' the president released in his Friday statement. 'These sanctions will impose costs on individuals and entities -- inside and outside of Russia -- that provide political or economic support to illegal attempts to change the status of Ukrainian territory.'

The U.S. Treasury Department updated its list of sanctions for Russia-related individuals and entities to include the Russian Central Bank Governor Elvira Nabiullina and Russia Deputy Prime Minister Alexander Novak.

The Russian president said westerners have made the leap from issuing sanctions to conducting 'terror attacks' in a hostile speech delivered from the Kremlin.

The West sabotaging Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines was an attempt to 'destroy the European energy infrastructure,' he claimed – and added that 'those who profit from it have done it,' without naming a specific country.

Fears of nuclear war have grown since Putin confirmed last week he was 'not bluffing' when he said Russia was prepared to use nuclear weapons to defend its territory.

He claimed that there is 'centuries-old Russophobia' against his country and people because they dared defend themselves from western colonization.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/09/30/15/62970023-11266907-The_speech_was_for_Putin_to_announce_he_is_annexing_four_Ukraini-a-26_1664548017562.jpg

He also said any country who wants to 'live by the rules of the United States' are 'political masochists.'

Putin even made the outlandish claim that the U.S. is occupying Germany in downplaying the relationship between the two nations.

'Germany is still their vassal, but the United States is still calling them an 'equal ally'. This is a real shame,' the Russian leader said.

Announcing on Friday that he was annexing four Ukrainian regions, Putin delivered a blistering speech claiming Russia would use 'all the power and all the means' at its disposal to defend its new lands from attacks by the West or Ukraine and to help liberate the world.

The Russian despot, speaking in front of his cronies in Moscow, declared that 'millions of people' had 'opted' to become vassals of Russia after staging sham referendums in which gun-toting troops went door-to-door with clear glass ballot boxes in order to force people to vote.

'They are our people, forever,' he said to a standing ovation inside the Kremlin's grand Georgian Hall before calling on Ukraine and its Western allies to abandon hopes of re-taking them, repeating a threat to use 'all forces' to defend the 'new territories'.

He said: 'The West wants to see Russia as a colony, an unfree society.'

'One of the reasons for the centuries-old Russophobia is that we did not allow ourselves to be robbed during the period of colonization, we forced Europe to trade on an equal footing,' Putin added, claiming he has plans for 'intervention.'

Putin slammed the U.S. for being the only country to have twice used nuclear weapons against another nation and also accused America of leaving a 'terrible mark on the history of Korea and Vietnam' with engagements in conflicts in both conflicts.

More
View Quote

Putin sounds almost as unhinged as his sycophants.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
PRESIDENT BIDEN:  The first question first.  If Germany — if Russia invades — that means tanks or troops crossing the — the border of Ukraine again — then there will be — we — there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2.  We will bring an end to it.

CHANCELLOR SCHOLZ:  As I’ve already said, we are acting together, we are absolutely united, and we will not be taking different steps.  We will do the same steps, and they will be very, very hard to Russia, and they should understand.
View Quote
Aha!  We finally have proof that Germany blew the pipelines!  No one would have suspected them and it would have been the perfect crime if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's obvious that Putin has determined that his planned actions and intent WILL result in sanctions that render those pipelines worthless for many years.

Annexing territories?

Tac nuke?  

Who knows?

Actually, Putin knows.  

That pipeline is obviously worth more to him blowed up.

View Quote

No one knows what Putin gains from this but they’re sure he did gain something from it.  

The complete disconnect from reality and emotional responses in this thread are insane.  Cognitive dissonance abounds.

I’m surprised that people here aren’t for blowing the pipelines.  It certainly weakens Russias position and brings our side entirely to the same page.  

Biden all but said we have the capability and would and other people in the administration confirmed that.  It’s not only the word of an old dementia ridden person.  7 months ago or not, we said we’d do it and indicated we have the capability.  

If someone said they would and could kill someone, their buddy confirmed it, and 7 months later the person ends up murdered.  who is going to be suspect number one?

It’s pretty obvious.  There’s no amount of rampant speculation and pretending that can make that elephant in the room disappear.

Some other country could’ve done this too.  Oh well. Putin can eat a dick the way some here eat propaganda and estrogen.

This place is getting sad and pathetic.  There’s no seeking of the truth, just seeking personal glory in Internet debates and by any means necessary.  Even if it means disingenuous arguments, pure speculation, and large doses of cognitive dissonance.  

I’m disappointed in just about everyone in this thread and in half the political threads on this site. I’ve said my peace and now I’m out.  

We were against it:
Listen very carefully because a lot was said here by the senator and Victoria Nuland:
https://youtu.be/rBUIlHM9WSo

More of us against it:
https://youtu.be/9ESweGcYlzw

https://youtu.be/npnqK3BSkBw

So was Poland:

https://youtu.be/Y0pVC22GhpI

And now the thing many cognitive dissonance adherents are pretending didn’t happen:

Victoria nuland (one of the top people in the state department)

“One way or another”

https://youtube.com/shorts/igAfB8LdZaE?feature=share

So it’s not just Biden saying that the pipeline would be ended, it’s his state department, our senators demanding it, and now somehow it just happens.  

All that said, I hope we never admit it nor have evidence found indicating that it was us.  That would escalate things and be bad, but as something ambiguous it can help our position. As a state, not as individuals trying to pay our bills.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No one knows what Putin gains from this but they’re sure he did gain something from it.  

The complete disconnect from reality and emotional responses in this thread are insane.  Cognitive dissonance abounds.

I’m surprised that people here aren’t for blowing the pipelines.  It certainly weakens Russias position and brings our side entirely to the same page.  

Biden all but said we have the capability and would and other people in the administration confirmed that.  It’s not only the word of an old dementia ridden person.  7 months ago or not, we said we’d do it and indicated we have the capability.  

If someone said they would and could kill someone, their buddy confirmed it, and 7 months later the person ends up murdered.  who is going to be suspect number one?

It’s pretty obvious.  There’s no amount of rampant speculation and pretending that can make that elephant in the room disappear.

Some other country could’ve done this too.  Oh well. Putin can eat a dick the way some here eat propaganda and estrogen.

This place is getting sad and pathetic.  There’s no seeking of the truth, just seeking personal glory in Internet debates and by any means necessary.  Even if it means disingenuous arguments, pure speculation, and large doses of cognitive dissonance.  

I’m disappointed in just about everyone in this thread and in half the political threads on this site. I’ve said my peace and now I’m out.  

We were against it:
Listen very carefully because a lot was said here by the senator and Victoria Nuland:

More of us against it:

So was Poland:

And now the thing many cognitive dissonance adherents are pretending didn’t happen:

“One way or another”

So it’s not just Biden saying that the pipeline would be ended, it’s his state department, our senators demanding it, and now somehow it just happens.  

All that said, I hope we never admit it nor have evidence found indicating that it was us.  That would escalate things and be bad, but as something ambiguous it can help our position. As a state, not as individuals trying to pay our bills.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's obvious that Putin has determined that his planned actions and intent WILL result in sanctions that render those pipelines worthless for many years.

Annexing territories?

Tac nuke?  

Who knows?

Actually, Putin knows.  

That pipeline is obviously worth more to him blowed up.

We were against it:

More of us against it:

So was Poland:

“One way or another”

You, and many others, are deliberately or ignorantly conflating Nordstream 1 with Nordstream 2. Nordstream 2 could disappear for all anyone cares at this stage.

But, it was the unilateral shit down of Nordstream, 1 "for maintenance" which first got people in a tizzy last week month. Few believed Russia that there was suddenly a maintenance issue which warranted a shut down.

Now, it's had this happen to it.

I originally couldn't figure out why they would, assuming it were Russia, attack Nordstream 2 as well. It just made no sense. But it does as a distraction.

This thread alone explains it.

The conveniently edited videos which disseminated at record speed across the COW internet? And now the declaration of annexation of parts of Ukraine?

Wow, it's just scary to see how easy it is to play people.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did YOU or anyone here comment on so BOLD a suggestion at the time?

No.

That's because AT THE TIME, when we heard the comment, none of us thought he meant "blow it up."

That's because in the context of the LARGER press conference, it's obvious that it is not what he meant:

PRESIDENT BIDEN:  The first question first.  If Germany — if Russia invades — that means tanks or troops crossing the — the border of Ukraine again — then there will be — we — there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2.  We will bring an end to it.

Q    But how will you — how will you do that exactly, since the project and control of the project is within Germany’s control?

PRESIDENT BIDEN:  We will — I promise you, we’ll be able to do it.

CHANCELLOR SCHOLZ:   Thank you very much for your question.  I want to be absolutely clear: We have intensively prepared everything to be ready with the necessary sanctions if there is a military aggression against Ukraine.

And this is necessary.  It is necessary that we do this in advance so that Russia can clearly understand that these are far-reaching, severe measures.

It is part of this process that we do not spell out everything in public because Russia could understand that there might be even more to come.  And, at the same time, it is very clear we are well prepared with far-reaching measures.  We will take these measures together with our Allies, with our partners, with the U.S., and we will take all necessary steps.  You can be sure that there won’t be any measures in which we have a differing approach.  We will act together jointly.

(Speaks in English.) And possibly this is a good idea to say to our American friends: We will be united, we will act together, and we will take all the necessary steps.  And all the necessary steps will be done by all of us together.

Q    And will you commit today — will you commit today to turning off and pulling the plug on Nord Stream 2?  You didn’t mention it, and you haven’t mentioned it.

CHANCELLOR SCHOLZ:  As I’ve already said, we are acting together, we are absolutely united, and we will not be taking different steps.  We will do the same steps, and they will be very, very hard to Russia, and they should understand.
View Quote

1. Bolding text does not add MERIT to your argument.

2. My commenting or not commenting on every sentence Biden, or anyone else for that matter, utters is no indication of "what I think they mean". You don't get to retroactively pass judgement on what anyone thought based on their lack of past comment (well you can but it isn't logical). In fact, my not commenting on almost everything every human being says, is me actually withholding my consent to have others judge where I stand on an issue. I don't care. As a general rule (as you can see by my post count) I am not interested in prostrating my thoughts before the peanut gallery for judgement. I value the judgment of very few folks, I speak to them directly when I want their input.

3. There were no additional comments in the broader snippet of the conversation in question that countered my initial claim. I think there was an implied threat. I think most others would see it that way as well. That is part of politics, implication without direct statement, fence riding. Happens quite frequently as I am sure you are aware. So frequently in fact, I don't jump on to Ar15 every time to voice my opinion on every politicians speech I come across.

4. The reason I am taking to time to harangue with you over this issue is your recent posts have surprised me. I respected a lot of the things you said in the past. However, most recently, you seem to have thrown logical discourse out the window. You may very well be right on many or even all of your opinions, however, for the most part you have stopped making logical arguments lately and fallen back on fallacies. Mockery via Appeal to Extremes seems to be one of your favorite forms of Ad Hominem attack lately.

5. I don't know how effective your position of absolute certainly on all Ukraine and military related issues in general is when it comes to influencing the readers. Maybe it is working more often than not? It just rankles a bit, given how much influence I know you have on this site, when you start using logical fallacies. You are doing those who place a high value on your opinion a disservice.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yup, and I doubt its the Russians who are already basically loosing. So why escalate it. Whereas lots of parties have a vested interest in shipping LNG to germany at top tier prices. Even after the war ends.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
of course you make a good point....but on major policy issues especially in the area of energy policy he pretty much tells us exactly what he's going to do.  It's all bad but if we just look at doing what he claims....he's batting hall of fame numbers.

He is a mush mouth idiot...with dementia.  I'm not claiming any of this is his idea, but his administration is executing to a plan that he does (poorly) articulate.

That doesn't mean his statement is proof of anything, but the various factions in our government all pretty much agree that the NS pipelines were a problem.   Now they aren't.  20 Billion dollars worth of someones property went kb!

That's 2 super carriers.  or 10 B2s.  That's half the budget for Russia's entire military.  

Whoever did it, is escalating this situation in a serious way.

Yup, and I doubt its the Russians who are already basically loosing. So why escalate it. Whereas lots of parties have a vested interest in shipping LNG to germany at top tier prices. Even after the war ends.

Escalating to de-escalate is a classic strategy.

The drones hovering around oil rigs in the North Sea at the same time was a statement.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You, and many others, are deliberately or ignorantly conflating Nordstream 1 with Nordstream 2. Nordstream 2 could disappear for all anyone cares at this stage.

But, it was the unilateral shit down of Nordstream, 1 "for maintenance" which first got people in a tizzy last week. Few believed Russia that there was suddenly a maintenance issue which warranted a shut down.

I originally couldn't figure out why they would, assuming it were Russia, attack Nordstream 2 as well. It just made no sense. But it does as a distraction.

The conveniently edited videos which disseminated at record speed across the COW internet? And now the declaration of annexation of parts of Ukraine?

View Quote

You have also slipped into the absolute certainty camp and now frequently use the same manner of ad hominum attacks as Cincinnatus.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

But, it was the unilateral shit down of Nordstream, 1 "for maintenance" which first got people in a tizzy last week. Few believed Russia that there was suddenly a maintenance issue which warranted a shut down.

View Quote

So what is the greater context to those videos I posted and how does it change the meaning?  

I won’t wait up for a response.

“For all anyone cares”.  Germany and Russia both care a great deal about it.

You’re being pedantic about which pipeline is being talked about.  They both would do the same exact thing and blowing one or the other has the same result and benefits the same people.

If you have two straws and someone takes one does it matter which one is taken?  Maybe to a toddler.

But the guy who said he’d end someone didn’t say he’d kill them!!!  But it was his twin that ended up dead, couldn’t be the guy who threatened to end the other twin. !!.!.!

Imagine how stupid a lawyer would be to present that to a jury as a defense.  

Anyway, I’m not checking back, this is a dumpster fire. Good luck and btw it won’t matter who blew it, war is coming to us all. Maybe our great grandkids will find out the absolute truth.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hook, line and sinker.
View Quote

Weak counter. Instead of an ad hominem, why don't you pick out a few of his key arguments and dismantle them using logic?
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So what is the greater context to those videos I posted and how does it change the meaning?  

You’re being pedantic about which pipeline is being talked about.  They both would do the same exact thing and blowing one or the other has the same result and benefits the same people.

If you have two straws and someone takes one does it matter which one is taken?  Maybe to a toddler.

But the guy who said he’d end someone didn’t say he’d kill them!!!  But it was his twin that ended up dead, couldn’t be the guy who threatened to end the other twin. !!.!.!

Anyway, I’m not checking back, this is a dumpster fire. Good luck and btw it won’t matter who blew it, war is coming to us all. Maybe our great grandkids will find out the absolute truth.
View Quote

You realize nobody knows the absolute truth of any American war?  Remember the Maine. Remember the Alamo. Remember the Lusitania. Remember Pearl Harbor. Etc.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Now the potatoe in Chief is saying it’s sabotage.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You have also slipped into the absolute certainty camp and now frequently use the same manner of ad hominum attacks as Cincinnatus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been evaluating the evidence available to me as its come in and trying to make sense of things.

Try it some time. It's downright refreshing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't seen the overall direction of that interview to know whether it would further clarify the focus was on the divergent policy positions between the U.S. and Germany related to Nordstream 2 or not. But, we can evaluate how the interviewer responded.

We can also look at standing U.S. policy related to Nordstream 1, and the U.S. response to Russia cutting it off last month.

The very different U.S. policy position on Nordstream 2 versus Nordstream 1, the immediate and decisive response from Germany immediately after the invasion wrt Nordstream 2, and the fact this supposed plan fro, 6 months ago took 6 months to act, conveniently a month after Russia unilaterally decided the pipeline needed to be closed "for maintenance," and the same week Russia announced their "legal" annexation of parts of Ukraine offers more context, especially when their useful idiots are distracting the public discourse with these accusations.

Is it possible someone else did it? Sure.

But, every "this makes no sense, why would Russia do this" has now been answered by seeing how things have played out in the information space.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've been evaluating the evidence available to me as its come in and trying to make sense of things.

Try it some time. It's downright refreshing.
View Quote

Following up with another equally weak ad hominem.

So you say I have not been evaluating the evidence available to me as it comes in and trying to make sense of things.

Specifically have I not been evaluating or not trying to make sense of things? Or is it both?

Is it careful study of my previous posts that have led you to this conclusion? A marked trend of not evaluating? Or is it more my refusal to make sense of things?

Your argument would make any slightly above average intelligence 14 year old puff up with schoolyard pride.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Weak counter. Instead of an ad hominem, why don't you pick out a few of his key arguments and dismantle them using logic?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hook, line and sinker.

Because he can't.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I know for a fact that when you first heard those comments back in February, you did not think for a second that they were talking about blowing up the pipeline.

How do I know this?

Because you are not a moron.

ANYONE who has two brain cells to rub together could not hear that press conference, IN ITS FULL CONTEXT, and conclude that they were talking about blowing up the pipeline.
View Quote

No you don't.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

The implication that anyone who doesn't share your opinion is an idiot is not an argument I would make.

It is hard for me to take at face value that in your opinion, no one could hear what Biden said and not think there was an implied threat, but anything is possible. I guess I would prefer to believe that you are being genuine than entertain the alternative.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#32]
'Mr. Putin, don't misunderstand what I'm saying': Biden warns US is prepared to defend 'every inch of NATO territory' after 'phony' annexation of four Ukraine regions and Russia's claim America set nuclear 'precedent' with a-bombs

Putin and top officials in his regime have escalated their nuclear threats in recent gains even as Ukraine has taken back more territory that Russian forces seized since its February invasion.

Biden also ridiculed the show of unity Putin organize for his announcement. Putin declared his country was absorbing territory it does not even control militarily. Tens of thousands of Russian men have been fleeing to neighboring countries where they can still travel amid the 'partial mobilization' Putin has announced.

'Putin’s actions are a sign he's struggling. The sham referendum he carried out and this team he put on … th sham routine that he put on this morning, showing the unity and people holding hands together,' Biden said.

VIDEO

'The United States is never going to recognize this. And quite frankly, the world's not going to recognize it either. He can't seize his neighbor’s territory and get away with it. It’s as as simple as that,' Biden intoned.

He underlined his comments by speaking to Putin directly, amid fears that the Russian leader could seek to further challenge the west by trying to go after a member of the NATO alliance. That could once again put the alliance's unity to the test, after nations have spent months rallying to the Ukrainian cause and shipping increasingly powerful weapons to the the nation on its eastern flank.

'I want to say this again. America's fully prepared with our NATO allies independent every single inch of NATO territory. Every single inch. So Mr. Putin, don't misunderstand what I'm saying. Every inch,' he said.

Biden said allies are 'going to stay the course to provide military equipment so that Ukraine can defend itself.' He pointed to the continuing resolution providing an additional $13 billion 'to help the Ukrainians defend themselves and fight back.'

He circled back to the Nord Stream pipeline, a day after admonishing a reporter who asked about it on a visit to FEMA headquarters as a storm pummeled Florida.

He called it a 'deliberate act of sabotage' and said now 'the Russians are pumping out disinformation and lies.'

More
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hook, line and sinker.

These articles explain in detail with evidence why all the BS Russian propaganda is floating around GD:

Conservative Sympathy for Russia in Ukraine War an Exercise in Cognitive Dissonance
How one of the greatest examples of why a populace should own military weapons is getting ignored by some on the right.

(I wonder what his screen name is? LOL!)

Left AND Right Showing Cognitive Dissonance on Ukraine and U.S. Gun Rights
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

My assessment that you were ripe and accepting of the false narrative about the press conference is not an “ad hominem.”

It’s an observation.
View Quote

You have no idea what narrative I have accepted. I have not accepted any, in fact.

Observing that "I am ripe and accepting of the false narrative" is in fact, an ad hominem. Attempting to repackage it otherwise is disingenuous.

And I am sure you know, I am neither ripe, nor accepting.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I found a single, contemporeneous mention of it in archive:

No one ever mentioned that they thought he meant blow it up.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Biden's statement is evidence.
It's fine with me if you want to defend him.
All the liberals are.

Nope.

Everyone knew that destroying it was an option when he said that. It is unbecoming to pretend otherwise.

I found a single, contemporeneous mention of it in archive:

/02/07/2022:
Quoted:
I just heard on the radio that mumbles intends to shut off the Nordstream 2 pipeline if Vlad invades the Ukraine.

Such statesmanship.

I'm sure the perfidious rotkrauts will support him to the hilt.

mean tweets defeated.

No one ever mentioned that they thought he meant blow it up.  

Very dishonest post.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Putin has lost any bargaining chip or the ability to bargain at this point and he knows that there will be no peace talks because every country knows that the Russian government are liars, always have been, always will be. (And, the pipeline is not Putin's "ace in the hole" like some of you think - Europe is working hard to get another source and make it through one tough winter- after that Putin's heat blackmail is over. And Putin has known this.) Putin's idea of a peace talk is "I take over your country and the bombing will stop." There's nothing wrong with being anti-Russian government for the absolute misery they have caused their neighbors for hundreds of years (even pre-communism) not to mention over 100 million executed and countless people oppressed.

If Putin was arrested and if a new Russian government agrees to restitution of the damage caused to Ukraine, there would be no one pushing to go to war with Russia. This is on him. Was there any "war talk" from the American side prior to the Georgian invasion or even 2014? No there was not BUT Putin WAS sending nuclear subs close to our shores in the Atlantic and Gulf prior to this, funding and militarily assisting communist Cuba, Venezuela, working with Nicaragua, North Korea AND wargaming with communist China AGAINST the USA. Great Christian patriot for freedom Putin is as an ally with EVERY communist and Marxist regime on the planet. Alexi Joneskov didn't ever mention that on his show.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't find any news of anyone supporting it other than Germany and Russia and that is actually telling really.

This is a huge escalation that does not play into Russia hands and actually forces a play.

What does blowing up the line do that shutting to down unilaterally for "repairs" doesn't?

especially if they can get their useful idiot network leveraging the incident to accuse their own governments and further decrease support of Ukraine?

I genuinely don't see a single negative for Russia here, beyond what they had already decided was the way forward - no more Nordstream 1.

I see only positives.

Other than the aforementioned propaganda ploy / system test, they also have more leverage over Europe with regard to turning the taps on. Now, it's not just a policy thing, but a "oh, we'd love to, but with sanctions in place we'd never be able to make the needed repairs."

What am I missing?

I don’t think you understand. Putin doesn’t want peace. Many in Russia do. This removes their ability to use this as a negotiation tool.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

These articles explain in detail with evidence why all the BS Russian propaganda is floating around GD:

Conservative Sympathy for Russia in Ukraine War an Exercise in Cognitive Dissonance
How one of the greatest examples of why a populace should own military weapons is getting ignored by some on the right.

https://content.osgnetworks.tv/firearmsnews/content/photos/americans-taking-sides-in-ukraine-1200x800.jpg

http://content.osgnetworks.tv/firearmsnews/content/photos/cognitive-dissonance-ukraine-us-gun-rights-1200x800.jpg
View Quote

I know there is substantial Russian progaganda at work. My comments are very specific and do not address the larger issues. They center around folks making illogical arguments and then basically attacking people who dare question those arguments.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I don’t think you understand. Putin doesn’t want peace. Many in Russia do. This removes their ability to use this as a negotiation tool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see only positives.

What am I missing?

What? I know that perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
'Mr. Putin, don't misunderstand what I'm saying': Biden warns US is prepared to defend 'every inch of NATO territory' after 'phony' annexation of four Ukraine regions and Russia's claim America set nuclear 'precedent' with a-bombs

Putin and top officials in his regime have escalated their nuclear threats in recent gains even as Ukraine has taken back more territory that Russian forces seized since its February invasion.

Biden also ridiculed the show of unity Putin organize for his announcement. Putin declared his country was absorbing territory it does not even control militarily. Tens of thousands of Russian men have been fleeing to neighboring countries where they can still travel amid the 'partial mobilization' Putin has announced.

'Putin’s actions are a sign he's struggling. The sham referendum he carried out and this team he put on … th sham routine that he put on this morning, showing the unity and people holding hands together,' Biden said.

VIDEO

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/09/30/19/62981463-11267955-image-a-15_1664562639140.jpg

'The United States is never going to recognize this. And quite frankly, the world's not going to recognize it either. He can't seize his neighbor’s territory and get away with it. It’s as as simple as that,' Biden intoned.

He underlined his comments by speaking to Putin directly, amid fears that the Russian leader could seek to further challenge the west by trying to go after a member of the NATO alliance. That could once again put the alliance's unity to the test, after nations have spent months rallying to the Ukrainian cause and shipping increasingly powerful weapons to the the nation on its eastern flank.

'I want to say this again. America's fully prepared with our NATO allies independent every single inch of NATO territory. Every single inch. So Mr. Putin, don't misunderstand what I'm saying. Every inch,' he said.

Biden said allies are 'going to stay the course to provide military equipment so that Ukraine can defend itself.' He pointed to the continuing resolution providing an additional $13 billion 'to help the Ukrainians defend themselves and fight back.'

He circled back to the Nord Stream pipeline, a day after admonishing a reporter who asked about it on a visit to FEMA headquarters as a storm pummeled Florida.

He called it a 'deliberate act of sabotage' and said now 'the Russians are pumping out disinformation and lies.'

More
View Quote

*laughs in the forced annexation of Mexican territory by decades of illegal immigration into the area now known as Texas before forcing a fight in the strategic goal of preventing foreign powers access to the area near current Houston which could have been used to stage an army to march on New Orleans, thus ending the US as we know it*

Yeah, you definitely can't gain territory through war.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I know there is substantial Russian progaganda at work. My comments are very specific and do not address the larger issues. They center around folks making illogical arguments and then basically attacking people who dare question those arguments.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://content.osgnetworks.tv/firearmsnews/content/photos/americans-taking-sides-in-ukraine-1200x800.jpg

http://content.osgnetworks.tv/firearmsnews/content/photos/cognitive-dissonance-ukraine-us-gun-rights-1200x800.jpg

When you have time, and if you feel like it, please read the articles and post your opinion as I would be interested in it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#42]
When will Americans accept that the Alamo what de facto equivalent to the events in Ukraine in the present year?
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

*laughs in the forced annexation of Mexican territory by decades of illegal immigration into the area now known as Texas before forcing a fight in the strategic goal of preventing foreign powers access to the area near current Houston which could have been used to stage an army to march on New Orleans, thus ending the US as we know it*

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

VIDEO

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/09/30/19/62981463-11267955-image-a-15_1664562639140.jpg

More

What an odd, incomplete, and incorrect version of Texas history and the treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You are an American who defected to Russia, and make posts about how great it is over there.   You don’t help his argument by supporting it.

View Quote

ad hominem fallacy

Joe Biden doesn't know where he is half the time. It makes it hard to take anything he says in context, as nearly everything he says is out of context.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You are an American who defected to Russia, and make posts about how great it is over there.   You don’t help his argument by supporting it.

View Quote

Lol. That's true.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If you give any credence to the “Biden said he would blow it up” narrative, I must assume you were “ripe and accepting of that false narrative.”
View Quote

Assume away. It doesn't actually sound like you are seeking truth, more just revving your own engine.
Which, I am sure, is fun for you and exciting for the crowd.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Well Cincinnatus, thanks for making your arguments. I liked them. I still think Biden is an idiot who would do this, but I also think the leaders of a lot of other countries are idiots too. I lean toward, it wasn't Russia, I don't think they had enough to gain, but that doesn't mean they will all of the sudden act rationally.
Page / 78
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top