[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Team 1 & 3 should be decent. Team 2 I'm not sure of, other than I know drunk Pam will be awful.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FOX has officially announced their broadcast lineups for the 2022 season:

Team 1: Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews (Super Bowl announcers)
Team 2: Joe Davis, Daryl "Moose" Johnston, Pam Oliver (will announce at least 2 playoff games)
Team 3: Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth, Kristina Pink
Team 4: Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake
Team 5: Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez, Laura Okmin
Team 6: Chris Myers, Robert Smith, Jen Hale

Former NFL VP's of Officiating Mike Pereira and Dean Blandino also still under contract

Team 1 & 3 should be decent. Team 2 I'm not sure of, other than I know drunk Pam will be awful.

I have no idea how that woman still has a job.  She's in her 60s, looks it, and she frequently seems drunk and/or high.  Or maybe she had a stroke.  Regardless, its rough to watch.

Team 1 with Burkhardt/Olsen isn't Romo/Nantz by any means, but it's definitely an upgrade from Buck/Aikman.  Of course that's not saying much.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://i.imgflip.com/6pbira.jpg

Edit: From two other sources...

View Quote

At least the defense is still good.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Via Peter King at PFT - NBC Sports, speaking about Watson: "One influential NFL person told me on this trip that it doesn't sit well with the league or 31 other owners that the Browns rigged the Watson contract."

This was brought up last week by a couple sources as one of many reasons why the league would be appealing and seeking a harsher penalty. There were reports of owners (individually) pushing for a larger discipline due to the contract structure which would make any league discipline almost irrelevant financially.

"I expect Harvey to be under some pressure to levy a multi-million-dollar fine of Watson in whatever he rules."

Speaking about Watson's eventual return to football: Let's say Watson misses the first 10 games and comes back to play. That would mean he'd have gone 99 weeks without playing a football game, and he'd be coming back to play with a new team with receivers he'd never played a game with. At one of my camp stops, I asked an offensive coach how he thought Watson would play after such a long layoff. "Everybody's assuming he'll come back and be Deshaun Watson. I wonder. He'll be working out, and he'll probably find some receivers to throw to while he's out, but being out that long and coming back with a new team - there's no guarantee he'll be that good this year."

Edit: He mentions 10 weeks in the last segment because there is some talk that the league and Watson still could potentially settle this week and that 10 is a possible number. More than 6, less than a season. King: "Ten games feels light to me, but in the words of noted middle-ground-seeker Paul Tagliabue, "All's well that ends." Period."
View Quote

The way the Browns rigged that contract was like waiving a huge middle finger to the league.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Trade talks between Bears and Dolphins for Preston Williams are supposed to be heating up.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Treylon Burks, the Titans 1st round draft pick, #18 overall, has been practicing with the 2nd and 3rd string units.

Nick Mensio (Rotoworld) reporting that Burks is "lining up wrong", "running the wrong routes", failed his spring conditioning test, "seems to be well behind Robert Woods, Nick Westbrook-Ihkine and even fellow rookie Kyle Philips".

Of course there was a lot of trash talk about Ja'Marr Chase last pre-season too...
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Treylon Burks, the Titans 1st round draft pick, #18 overall, has been practicing with the 2nd and 3rd string units.

Nick Mensio (Rotoworld) reporting that Burks is "lining up wrong", "running the wrong routes", failed his spring conditioning test, "seems to be well behind Robert Woods, Nick Westbrook-Ihkine and even fellow rookie Kyle Philips".

Of course there was a lot of trash talk about Ja'Marr Chase last pre-season too...
View Quote
In fairness he deserved it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The way the Browns rigged that contract was like waiving a huge middle finger to the league.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Via Peter King at PFT - NBC Sports, speaking about Watson: "One influential NFL person told me on this trip that it doesn't sit well with the league or 31 other owners that the Browns rigged the Watson contract."

This was brought up last week by a couple sources as one of many reasons why the league would be appealing and seeking a harsher penalty. There were reports of owners (individually) pushing for a larger discipline due to the contract structure which would make any league discipline almost irrelevant financially.

"I expect Harvey to be under some pressure to levy a multi-million-dollar fine of Watson in whatever he rules."

Speaking about Watson's eventual return to football: Let's say Watson misses the first 10 games and comes back to play. That would mean he'd have gone 99 weeks without playing a football game, and he'd be coming back to play with a new team with receivers he'd never played a game with. At one of my camp stops, I asked an offensive coach how he thought Watson would play after such a long layoff. "Everybody's assuming he'll come back and be Deshaun Watson. I wonder. He'll be working out, and he'll probably find some receivers to throw to while he's out, but being out that long and coming back with a new team - there's no guarantee he'll be that good this year."

Edit: He mentions 10 weeks in the last segment because there is some talk that the league and Watson still could potentially settle this week and that 10 is a possible number. More than 6, less than a season. King: "Ten games feels light to me, but in the words of noted middle-ground-seeker Paul Tagliabue, "All's well that ends." Period."

Oh, you mean a contract that was structured under a CBA everyone agreed upon?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Florio is a tool, but he brings up some relevant information in this piece.

The NFLPA has backed off on their claims of intending to file a lawsuit against the NFL if they extend Watson's suspension beyond 6 games. The main reason is, the union failed to appeal Judge Sue L. Robinson's six-game suspension. The NFL's appeal applies only to the failure to suspend him longer than six games. The first six games simply aren't at issue as the case proceeds. Any lawsuit would be relevant to Week Seven, not Week One.

"Judge Robinson imposed a six-game suspension. The union didn't appeal it. That portion of the case is over. Done. Finito. The only remaining question is whether the union can prevent a suspension of longer than six games."
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I kinda miss what Jalopnik was 10 or so years ago, but I don't miss what it's become in the last 5.

The Drive has a bunch of former Jalopnik people, and it's in danger of going the same direction.

My preferred outlets recently have been AutoBlog and Hagerty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to excitedly read that series on Deadspin every year, but then Trump got elected and Magary went full TDS.

I can overlook some political comments here and there, but when every team criticism got a Trump tie-in, there ceased to be a reason to read it.

Same with Jalopnik. Don't miss it

I kinda miss what Jalopnik was 10 or so years ago, but I don't miss what it's become in the last 5.

The Drive has a bunch of former Jalopnik people, and it's in danger of going the same direction.

My preferred outlets recently have been AutoBlog and Hagerty.
Why is it so hard for people to not be political on non political spaces?  Boggles the mind how libs just can't help themselves, at their peril.  Jalopnik used to be a daily read, not it's maybe once a month at most
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why is it so hard for people to not be political on non political spaces?  Boggles the mind how libs just can't help themselves, at their peril.  Jalopnik used to be a daily read, not it's maybe once a month at most
View Quote

Short version is they drove everyone who wasn't like them away and became an echo chamber.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:36:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have no idea how that woman still has a job.  She's in her 60s, looks it, and she frequently seems drunk and/or high.  Or maybe she had a stroke.  Regardless, its rough to watch.

Team 1 with Burkhardt/Olsen isn't Romo/Nantz by any means, but it's definitely an upgrade from Buck/Aikman.  Of course that's not saying much.
View Quote

I’ve always liked Burkhardt as a PBP guy.  Greg Olsen to me comes across just like Troy.  Experienced and intelligent but with the same personality as a rock.  Romo is the gold standard now.  Brees proved he was also terrible and boring and thankfully that was only desk work.  Pat McAfee would have been fun as hell but probably fired within the first 2 games for saying something offensive.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Some good nerdery from the bird app:

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Click the link for video.  I've always liked Case, seems like a good dude.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Click the link for video.  I've always liked Case, seems like a good dude.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#18]

The Cowboys signed K Brett Maher on Tuesday and released K Jonathan Garibay as the corresponding roster move.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#20]
49ers unofficial Depth Chart.

Garoppolo is behind Brock Purdy.

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
49ers unofficial Depth Chart.

Garoppolo is behind Brock Purdy.
View Quote
Teams just waiting for him to be released and hit the open market. Then he will get multiple offers. 49ers are trying not to do so because they know his most likely landing spot will be with Seattle, a divisional rival. But are they willing to pay the man another $25.6M in cash (and cap) this year to prevent that from happening? Don't think so. They'll hang on to the last minute and then cut him right before the regular season. Which is also fucking Jimmy over.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Hunter-Killer

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Fucking ouch. Avulsion fractures are when the ligament/muscle separates from the bone and pulls a chunk of bone with it. So in this case it would likely be his ACL separated and took some bone with it. 9-12 months.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#26]

CBS doing Buffalo dirty! Three games on the board including 49 unanswered points and 45 points in 23 minutes (35 in 12 minutes during the game). Then of course the Falcons.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Fucking ouch. Avulsion fractures are when the ligament/muscle separates from the bone and pulls a chunk of bone with it. So in this case it would likely be his ACL separated and took some bone with it. 9-12 months.
View Quote

Wow.  Pretty rare injury I know too much about.  Tibia/ACL Avulsion on my left.  Has never been the same post surgery.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Teams just waiting for him to be released and hit the open market. Then he will get multiple offers. 49ers are trying not to do so because they know his most likely landing spot will be with Seattle, a divisional rival. But are they willing to pay the man another $25.6M in cash (and cap) this year to prevent that from happening? Don't think so. They'll hang on to the last minute and then cut him right before the regular season. Which is also fucking Jimmy over.
View Quote

Agreed. Seattle and the Giants are the two being most heavily discussed, but I can see him heading to Atlanta as well.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The Cowboys signed K Brett Maher on Tuesday and released K Jonathan Garibay as the corresponding roster move.
View Quote

Brett Maher: The only kicker in NFL history I feel more confident about making a 60+ yarder than I do a PAT.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Marshawn busted for DUI... Hennessy or weed? Place your bets.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@Hunter-Killer

https://i.imgur.com/DZNqLhu.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Hunter-Killer

https://i.imgur.com/DZNqLhu.gif

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZquGmKXoAE_kLB?format=jpg&name=small

CBS doing Buffalo dirty! Three games on the board including 49 unanswered points and 45 points in 23 minutes (35 in 12 minutes during the game). Then of course the Falcons.
View Quote

Didn't he also almost blow a lead against Buffalo last season...
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Almost. Bills scored 17 in the 4th to go to overtime. Allen threw for 300 and rushed for another 100 himself. Bills got the ball first in overtime and went 3 and out. Boomed a punt within the Bucs 10 yard line. Bucs drive stayed alive on a pass interference (Wallace vs Evans), then Brady hit Perriman for a 60 yard walk off TD.

Josh Allen remains 0-5 vs Tom.

That was a great game though. Allen certainly did all he could in that one.

IIRC it was actually fucking Sherman who picked off Allen for the only interception in the game. It was his first game back after pulling his hammy(?) week 3. He reinjured himself after the interception. I think he played like 3 snaps the rest of the season after that.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

If Baker beats the browns week 1 (Whether they have Watson or not)
Good god

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Dude was fucking horrendous for the Giants last year, but then it was the Giants. Only 1.5 sacks the last two seasons combined, 3 TFL, 5 QB hits. Not good for playing 750 defensive snaps...

I would expect this to be a league minimum/incentive deal. Cheap veteran depth.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Is there any reality or possibility of OBJ going to Buffalo?
All I know is Von made a random twitter comment  and then my YT feed blew up about it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Sweet Jesus... Dr. Disrespect at the 49ers camp today...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
All I know is Von made a random twitter comment  and then my YT feed blew up about it.
View Quote
They would have to make some wiggle room first. They have the 5th lowest available cap space remaining right now with just $4.5M free.

He netted $20M between the Browns and Rams last season and averaged about $15.5M a year for the couple seasons with the Browns before that.

So imagine the Bills would have to figure out how to get him at least $15M to make a deal work?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They would have to make some wiggle room first. They have the 5th lowest available cap space remaining right now with just $4.5M free.

He netted $20M between the Browns and Rams last season and averaged about $15.5M a year for the couple seasons with the Browns before that.

So imagine the Bills would have to figure out how to get him at least $15M to make a deal work?
View Quote

Yeah, i know we have fuck all for cap space. Probably saving that for Poyer. I'll just figure it's all hyperbole
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#41]
The Tua/Tyreek hype train is paying off for the fish.

The 2022 Dolphins Season Tickets have OFFICIALLY sold out. They have started a waitlist (for the first time in franchise history) for the 2023 season tickets.

Edit: Just a couple seasons ago (2019), you could buy a Dolphins ticket to the week 6 Redskins game for $16. Fins started 0-7 that season.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bills got royally fucked by the refs in that one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure OBJ is too close to OJ for Buffalo.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#44]

This is what ESPN is saying about the FF potential of the Chiefs WRs.

I generally think, outside of JuJu, this group is a trap. Kelce is likely to be Mahomes's favorite target overall. JuJu and Mahomes have reportedly already built good chemistry, and he's the best WR in this group, at least starting out.

These guys are correctly saying Skyy Moore has the most upside of anyone behind JuJu. He has good hands, his release at the LoS is good, his route tree seems above average for a rookie, and Andy has been giving him carries in camp, Deebo style. I don't think I'll get him in my leagues because the hype is strong and my leagues are full of homers, but he's exactly the kind of high upside guy you should be targeting in late round drafts.

Hardman having an ADP above MVS is pretty strange to me. Hardman is behind MVS on the depth chart, and I expect it to stay that way. I don't think I'm looking at either of these two in FF unless someone gets injured.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I generally think, outside of JuJu, this group is a trap. Kelce is likely to be Mahomes's favorite target overall. JuJu and Mahomes have reportedly already built good chemistry, and he's the best WR in this group, at least starting out.

These guys are correctly saying Skyy Moore has the most upside of anyone behind JuJu. He has good hands, his release at the LoS is good, his route tree seems above average for a rookie, and Andy has been giving him carries in camp, Deebo style. I don't think I'll get him in my leagues because the hype is strong and my leagues are full of homers, but he's exactly the kind of high upside guy you should be targeting in late round drafts.

Hardman having an ADP above MVS is pretty strange to me. Hardman is behind MVS on the depth chart, and I expect it to stay that way. I don't think I'm looking at either of these two in FF unless someone gets injured.
View Quote

He's on my list of rookies to target alongside Olave.

Seems to be doing pretty well.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Agreed. Seattle and the Giants are the two being most heavily discussed, but I can see him heading to Atlanta as well.
View Quote

Atlanta doesn't have any cap space to sign another QB.  They seem pretty happy with Mariota so far.  If he doesn't work out (or gets injured), they need to find out what they have in Ridder before next year's draft.  I think that Frank's is going to make the roster at TE and be the emergency QB.  All three fit Smith's offense better than Jimmy G.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Dude was fucking horrendous for the Giants last year, but then it was the Giants. Only 1.5 sacks the last two seasons combined, 3 TFL, 5 QB hits. Not good for playing 750 defensive snaps...

I would expect this to be a league minimum/incentive deal. Cheap veteran depth.
View Quote

The Chiefs are pretty sketchy at DL.

DE is probably okay after drafting Karlaftis and adding Dunlap, but I'll need to see some results to be comfortable with that group.  

DT? After Jones, there's Nnadi, Wharton, and Saunders. Nnadi seems like a good dude, but I'm not sure how many teams would have him as a starter.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Pretty sure OBJ is too close to OJ for Buffalo.
View Quote

We don't need any more Kardashians because of us
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olave and Christian Watson are pretty high on my radar. Both of those guys have a good chance of becoming the best receivers on their teams this season.

Burks is there, too, but the noise around him makes him a little bit scary.

Pickens is tempting with his talent, but that's a crowded WR room, and we have no idea WTF the Steelers offense is going to look like beyond probably not very good.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they did.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top