Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
While we're on the topic of suspension predictions: how about Alvin Kamara?  He was arrested and is being charged with felony battery after him and his buddies beat the shit out of a man including kicking him in the head multiple times while he was lying on the ground unconscious.  There is even a video of the beating.  Afterwards the guy looked like this:

Click To View Spoiler

Never mind suspension, Kamara could miss time due to being in prison.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For the first time in maybe half a century the Browns have a top 10 QB.  Its possible, but I very seriously doubt they are holding off on mentioning it on their Twitter account because they want to wait until they offload the previous QB first.  What would be the point?  Everyone knows they traded for Watson, everyone knows they want to trade away Mayfield, and they wouldn't be the first ones to announce a trade anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Browns' Twitter account still hasn't announced their trade for a franchise QB involving $230M guaranteed money and 3 first round picks.

That seems like it might be big news for a team so I wonder why they haven't announced it yet.  Hmm.
Probably got a Mayfield trade in the works and they want to announce both together.

For the first time in maybe half a century the Browns have a top 10 QB.  Its possible, but I very seriously doubt they are holding off on mentioning it on their Twitter account because they want to wait until they offload the previous QB first.  What would be the point?  Everyone knows they traded for Watson, everyone knows they want to trade away Mayfield, and they wouldn't be the first ones to announce a trade anyway.

Maybe they keep Baker and expect Watson is suspended for at least the majority of the year? Trade him at the deadline to some team that struck out or lost their guy to injury?

If they're planning to start off the season with Watson on suspension and playing Baker, I could see holding off the official announcement until the paperwork is a done deal. That way they do slightly less damage to their relationship with Baker.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:26:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Maybe they keep Baker and expect Watson is suspended for at least the majority of the year? Trade him at the deadline to some team that struck out or lost their guy to injury?

If they're planning to start off the season with Watson on suspension and playing Baker, I could see holding off the official announcement until the paperwork is a done deal. That way they do slightly less damage to their relationship with Baker.
View Quote

I doubt they have the cap space to pay both Watson and Mayfield.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
While we're on the topic of suspension predictions: how about Alvin Kamara?  He was arrested and is being charged with felony battery after him and his buddies beat the shit out of a man including kicking him in the head multiple times while he was lying on the ground unconscious.  There is even a video of the beating.  Afterwards the guy looked like this:

Click To View Spoiler

Never mind suspension, Kamara could miss time due to being in prison.
View Quote

That man is going to get paid and paid well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I find it fascinating how the Redskins are thought of by many as a diseased franchise and yet they remain a top 5 most valuable NFL team.
View Quote

They never should have changed their name. Should have grown a pair and said no we aren't changing the name.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They never should have changed their name. Should have grown a pair and said no we aren't changing the name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find it fascinating how the Redskins are thought of by many as a diseased franchise and yet they remain a top 5 most valuable NFL team.

Like everyone who ever acquiesced to the demands of the woke mob eventually learns, they're going to hate you regardless.  You might as well stick to your guns.

The funniest in recent memory though was Drew Brees.  It was downright comical how he managed to royally piss off BOTH sides of a controversial topic.  I mean you have to basically be trying to do it in order to accomplish something that incompetent.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

For a 2023 6th round pick.

Woods is making $13.5M in 2022.  Seems pretty reasonable for a guy that averaged 1,096 yards the past 3 full seasons and was on pace for 1,050 last season.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

For a 2023 6th round pick.

Woods is making $13.5M in 2022.  Seems pretty reasonable for a guy that averaged 1,096 yards the past 3 full seasons and was on pace for 1,050 last season.
View Quote
Rams need the cap space? Donalds new contract coming up next.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#10]
GB has re-signed Tonyan and Rasul Douglas, and they are making an offer to bring back MVS. Perhaps Davante was the card that needed to topple in order to keep the roster together. Now they've kept some of their better free agents and gained 1st and 2d round draft picks. Lost some O-line and D-line talent but the depth there was decent.

Maybe I'm a couple days late on this but it makes sense why they didn't put up a fight when Davante said he wanted out, and how quickly it came together. They must have already been working the trade. Imagine; getting a 1 and a 2 for a guy who was a free agent. Incredible.

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
GB has re-signed Tonyan and Rasul Douglas, and they are making an offer to bring back MVS. Perhaps Davante was the card that needed to topple in order to keep the roster together. Now they've kept some of their better free agents and gained 1st and 2d round draft picks. Lost some O-line and D-line talent but the depth there was decent.

Maybe I'm a couple days late on this but it makes sense why they didn't put up a fight when Davante said he wanted out, and how quickly it came together. They must have already been working the trade. Imagine; getting a 1 and a 2 for a guy who was a free agent. Incredible.

View Quote

Tonyan and Douglas are key pieces. Glad to get them back.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watson won't count against the cap if he ends up on the commissioners exempt list.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:20:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

so it's really a three year $67 million deal, the raiders did good on this deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Spotrac] Davante Adams' #Raiders Contract (h/t @ProFootballTalk) - 5 yrs, $140M - $22.75M guaranteed at sign - $42.9M more in 2023 - 3 yrs, $67.5M practical

Cap Hits
2022: $8.2M
2023: $30.4M
2024: $21.3M
2025: $40M
2026: $40M

so it's really a three year $67 million deal, the raiders did good on this deal.
Yeah. They'll take a slight dead cap hit in 2025 but that's it. Godwin is getting $60M for 3, so effectively they are paying Adams an additional $2.5M a year more than Godwin.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:05:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I maintain his 1984 regular season will never be topped by anyone (much less by anyone who came into the season with under 10 career starts).  

5,084 yards and 48 TDs with those rules is beyond incredible.  And it's not even like he had all that many attempts either (564).  For comparison: Brady had 719 attempts last season.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I maintain his 1984 regular season will never be topped by anyone (much less by anyone who came into the season with under 10 career starts).  

5,084 yards and 48 TDs with those rules is beyond incredible.  And it's not even like he had all that many attempts either (564).  For comparison: Brady had 719 attempts last season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. His 1984 season is #1 and will remain so. When you sit down and think about it, the numbers don't even make sense for the era. I was there, though, and saw a lot of it happen. To this day, I've never seen another quarterback with better throwing skills, not even Aaron Rodgers is in Marino's league.

Another QB season from that era that stands out is Dan Fouts' 1981 performance: 4,802 yds and 33 tds. 1981.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#18]

(Video at tweet.)

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

(Video at tweet.)

View Quote

Welcome to the NFL. You're nothing but a number. Get hurt on the field they take you in the pop-up tent jam a needle into you and send right back out.  If I were a projected top pick I wouldn't bother with the combine.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Welcome to the NFL. You're nothing but a number. Get hurt on the field they take you in the pop-up tent jam a needle into you and send right back out.  If I were a projected top pick I wouldn't bother with the combine.
View Quote

That was Michigan’s pro day
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
What could have been for the Steelers!

Wonder how many more championships they could have won with him.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#22]
they finally made a statement

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

“Some legal proceedings,” huh?  Well that’s a gentle euphemism for “22 different women accusing him of sexual assault.”
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either way.  You get my point.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Those are just exactly the same.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Those are just exactly the same.  
View All Quotes

“But Brady threw the tablet on live TV and Watson raped the women behind closed doors so what Brady did was worse.”

- Someone on Twitter, probably.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#29]

LOL. That's a good looking bitch in that profile pic.

The beast next to her, on the other hand....
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

"But Brady threw the tablet on live TV and Watson raped the women behind closed doors so what Brady did was worse."

View Quote
"Brady gots treated different cuz he wuz whyte."  

- Someone else on Twatter, probably.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"But Brady threw the tablet on live TV and Watson raped the women behind closed doors so what Brady did was worse."

My favorite is still Jemelle Hill ranting about how the only reason people don’t give Tom Brady shit for having a child out of wedlock when they give other players shit for it is because Brady is white.

I guess the difference between a man in his 30s having one bastard with one long term GF and a man in his 20s having 8 bastards with 7 different women is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bradshaw once said that if he had been honest with the team about his health, they would have gone after Marino.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My favorite is still Jemelle Hill ranting about how the only reason people don’t give Tom Brady shit for having a child out of wedlock when they give other players shit for it is because Brady is white.

I guess the difference between a man in his 30s having one bastard with one long term GF and a man in his 20s having 8 bastards with 7 different women is irrelevant.
View Quote

Honest question.  If Deshaun Watson was white would the situation be different?  Seems like the Jamelle types might want to self-reflect a bit.  The NFL is different than the days of Big Ben's rape accusation.  With BLM/George Floyd etc.  the NFL is in a tough spot.  Nobody will ever say it, but it wouldn't be a good look for them to lifetime ban a black star QB.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Honest question.  If Deshaun Watson was white would the situation be different?  Seems like the Jamelle types might want to self-reflect a bit.  The NFL is different than the days of Big Ben's rape accusation.  With BLM/George Floyd etc.  the NFL is in a tough spot.  Nobody will ever say it, but it wouldn't be a good look for them to lifetime ban a black star QB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A white QB accused of raping a double digit number of non-white women?

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
They don't do that.  Frankly, most of them aren't smart enough to be self-reflective.  The current race-baiting is deliberately preying on stupid people who are easily manipulated.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#37]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1505684648835305474?cxt=HHwWhMCy2b2NouUpAAAA[/tweet]

La’el Collins to the Bengals.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#38]

In half a decade he started in 12 games and when he did play he frequently did breathtakingly idiotic things like line up with his entire head across the LOS (most recently in the playoff game against the 49ers), lay a QB out a full two seconds after he threw the ball, etc.  I can't imagine why Cowboys fans were frequently upset with him.

Edit: Also the Cowboys reportedly had the same language in Collins' contract from a few years ago and Collins has the same agent as Gregory.  So either the agent was lying when he said "never in 30 years have I seen that language" or he didn't read Collins' contract.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1505684648835305474?cxt=HHwWhMCy2b2NouUpAAAA[/tweet]

View Quote

The Cowboys couldn't find anyone to trade them even a 7th round pick for Collins and now Bengals fans are high-fiving each other because they signed an "elite" tackle.  I mean he's probably an upgrade over what they had before, but I'd pump the breaks on the expectations a bit.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The Cowboys couldn't find anyone to trade them even a 7th round pick for Collins and now Bengals fans are high-fiving each other because they signed an "elite" tackle.  I mean he's probably an upgrade over what they had before, but I'd pump the breaks on the expectations a bit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

La'el Collins to the Bengals.

Patriots offered a 5th. Cowboys wanted a day 2 pick.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Leave it to Chris Grier to spend big on an always injured LT when their QB's blind side is RT. Tuas still gonna get murdered next season.

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

La'el Collins to the Bengals.

Attachment Attached File

Why would the Cowboys cut Collins and take a dead cap hit of $5M (or whatever it was) if they had a 5th round offer to take him off their hands?  The only reason I can think of would be if the Patriots demanded the Cowboys eat a big chuck of his remaining money or some other factor that would end up costing them more money than if they simply cut him.  In which case that’d obviously be even worse than just cutting him.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/F20406FC-17E1-484C-9287-A32911E1811D_jpe-2320686.JPG

Why would the Cowboys cut Collins and take a dead cap hit of $5M (or whatever it was) if they had a 5th round offer to take him off their hands?  The only reason I can think of would be if the Patriots demanded the Cowboys eat a big chuck of his remaining money or some other factor that would end up costing them more money than if they simply cut him.  In which case that'd obviously be even worse than just cutting him.
View Quote
They got more cap space by cutting him. I've seen multiple reports of the Patriots offering a 5th and Dallas wanting a 3rd.   How much cap space is a draft pick worth? I can't believe no one offered a pick considering the contract he was on.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Brown’s owner (figuratively) sold part ownership to Watson.  Biggest guaranteed money contract in NFL history by $80 million.  Can’t fire him….for 5 years WTF. CRAZY..  He could get any player or coach fired, traded, or let go.  Yeah, it probably won’t get that crazy but nothing to stop it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They got more cap space by cutting him. I've seen multiple reports of the Patriots offering a 5th and Dallas wanting a 3rd.   How much cap space is a draft pick worth? I can't believe no one offered a pick considering the contract he was on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/F20406FC-17E1-484C-9287-A32911E1811D_jpe-2320686.JPG

Why would the Cowboys cut Collins and take a dead cap hit of $5M (or whatever it was) if they had a 5th round offer to take him off their hands?  The only reason I can think of would be if the Patriots demanded the Cowboys eat a big chuck of his remaining money or some other factor that would end up costing them more money than if they simply cut him.  In which case that'd obviously be even worse than just cutting him.

I can.  Why give up a draft pick to trade for a RT that's been below average since he signed his new contract and is set to make $15M a season if you can pick him up in FA for, presumably, much cheaper?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I can.  Why give up a draft pick to trade for a RT that's been below average since he signed his new contract and is set to make $15M a season if you can pick him up in FA for, presumably, much cheaper?
View Quote
his contract was reported as 10 mil a season with no guaranteed money left on it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
his contract was reported as 10 mil a season with no guaranteed money left on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$10M was just the 2022 base salary.  He had a cap hit of about $15M for 2022.  I don't know how much was guaranteed after 2022, but there was a dead cap hit of over $12M for 2023 and 2024 combined.  The site I use changed the details since the Cowboys restructured it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

$10M was just the 2022 base salary.  He had a cap hit of about $15M for 2022.  I don't know how much was guaranteed after 2022, but there was a dead cap hit of over $12M for 2023 and 2024 combined.  The site I use changed the details since the Cowboys restructured it.
View Quote

Final details of the Cincy deal not out yet… but it’s supposed to be somewhere around 20mil for 2 years and the 3rd year highly incentives based. Reunion with Pollack his Oline coach in Dallas with whom he had his best years is huge. Bengals haven’t had even a somewhat decent oline since we let Whit go. This is an incredible signing along with 2 other solid Oline players that they didn’t overpay for.
And there’s this ??
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

In half a decade he started in 12 games and when he did play he frequently did breathtakingly idiotic things like line up with his entire head across the LOS (most recently in the playoff game against the 49ers), lay a QB out a full two seconds after he threw the ball, etc.  I can't imagine why Cowboys fans were frequently upset with him.

Edit: Also the Cowboys reportedly had the same language in Collins' contract from a few years ago and Collins has the same agent as Gregory.  So either the agent was lying when he said "never in 30 years have I seen that language" or he didn't read Collins' contract.
View Quote
Gregory has smoked so much weed it's a damned miracle he can even talk coherently.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top