BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or they should start with a defense that Burrow bent over hard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a Chiefs fan and fantasy football nerd, I would LOVE to see the Bills trade assets for a 30 year old RB with a $16M+ cap hit. As a Bills fan, you should not want this.

The Bills priority on offense this offseason should be WR. It was an obvious limitation for the team, and one of the clear trends in the playoffs was most of the teams that went on deep runs had great high end receiving depth. Buffalo should start there.

Both. Both is good.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a Chiefs fan and fantasy football nerd, I would LOVE to see the Bills trade assets for a 30 year old RB with a $16M+ cap hit. As a Bills fan, you should not want this.

The Bills priority on offense this offseason should be WR. It was an obvious limitation for the team, and one of the clear trends in the playoffs was most of the teams that went on deep runs had great high end receiving depth. Buffalo should start there.

That's a very different can of worms.

The Bills lost Von Miller, and they had a whole bunch of injuries in the secondary. When you go up against a team with a good QB and THREE receivers that are top-20 in the NFL with your defense in that state, you're going to have a bad time.

Add in the field conditions and Buffalo's decision to play soft coverage, and here we are.

From what I've heard, this is a GREAT year to draft DBs. Buffalo should have answers there to get younger, cheaper, and improve depth. WR is going to be harder, but it should still be a top priority for them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The Bills lost Von Miller, and they had a whole bunch of injuries in the secondary. When you go up against a team with a good QB and THREE receivers that are top-20 in the NFL with your defense in that state, you're going to have a bad time.

Add in the field conditions and Buffalo's decision to play soft coverage, and here we are.

From what I've heard, this is a GREAT year to draft DBs. Buffalo should have answers there to get younger, cheaper, and improve depth. WR is going to be harder, but it should still be a top priority for them.
View Quote

Edge rusher. You can have all the DBs you want but if Burrow or Mahomes have time then it’s over. I do think Buffalo was just tired when the Cincy game happened. That game was uncharacteristic for them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
1) He's a 28 year old RB with a $14.9M cap hit. lol

2) We have to be approaching extreme market saturation for RBs. There's a pile of good FAs, and there are other notable RBs on the trading block. No way all these guys get paid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As if the Browns fanbase hasn't suffered enough... If they unload Chubb they should just burn down the stadium.
1) He's a 28 year old RB with a $14.9M cap hit. lol

2) We have to be approaching extreme market saturation for RBs. There's a pile of good FAs, and there are other notable RBs on the trading block. No way all these guys get paid.
He's the best player on the team. He is due less than $11M in cash. Still going to take $8M in deadcap on a trade. He has averaged 5.0 yards per attempt in all 5 seasons with the Browns. He effectively has been a 1k yard back every season even though he splits times (he had 996 his rookie season).

I'm all for rotating running backs, usually one of the first in here to suggest not paying them, but Chubb still has value at the price point he is already locked in at. He missed zero games last year, he has always worked in a rotation, so he has fewer overall attempts than most backs his age.

Plus there's something for him being a decent human being and the only legitimately decent person worthy of being a face of that trash franchise.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#7]
More info on Geno's deal. It's cheaper than the original numbers made it look.
$25MPY base value (3yr/$75M), $40M fully guaranteed (less than 2 seasons), $30M in incentives.
Prime deal for the Seahawks to draft a QB at #5 and teach him up behind Geno for 1-2 years.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Meanwhile, deputies were called to a gunshot injury at a home connected with Bengals running back Joe Mixon overnight.   No deaths.

They need to cut his ass and move on.

Deputies investigate at home of Bengals RB Joe Mixon after reported shooting; Juvenile hospitalized

View Quote
Just a month after he pointed a gun at a woman in downtown Cincinnati and told her he should shoot her in the face because the police can't get him...
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Edge rusher. You can have all the DBs you want but if Burrow or Mahomes have time then it’s over. I do think Buffalo was just tired when the Cincy game happened. That game was uncharacteristic for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edge rusher is never the wrong answer, and it's a good choice for Buffalo, especially with Miller probably being a question mark.

#28 puts them at an odd place, though. Van Ness will probably go between 18-21. Next up is Nolan Smith with an EDP around #26. He's an athletic freak, but small for the position.

I think they're going to be in a tight squeeze at both DE and WR.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not sure I've ever seen a player change teams under the non-exclusive tag. That would be fun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once they decided to cover the Bengals receivers the D played good enough to win that game.  Not enough playmakers on offense hurt them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a player change teams under the non-exclusive tag. That would be fun.
View Quote

Breer's take seems to be, let a team beat them on the contract, but then match it, and then trade him to that team for more than the two 1sts you would get if you let them just take him...

So if the Falcons offer him the loaded contract, match it, then trade him to the Falcons for three 1sts?...

That would be some crazy shit.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqmTgbLWYAAIssb?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Breer's take seems to be, let a team beat them on the contract, but then match it, and then trade him to that team for more than the two 1sts you would get if you let them just take him...

So if the Falcons offer him the loaded contract, match it, then trade him to the Falcons for three 1sts?...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That could be problematic.

I think most teams view cap space and draft assets as different variables in the same formula. A contract they might agree to while trading 2x 1sts might and probably should be off the table if the trade comp goes up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think most teams view cap space and draft assets as different variables in the same formula. A contract they might agree to while trading 2x 1sts might and probably should be off the table if the trade comp goes up.
View Quote
I imagine both the teams would be in negotiations with each other during the process. I don't think there's any collusion violations for doing so. It's a weird scenario to think about. Lots of complications with the idea. As I said, would be some crazy shit if it went down that way.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

What's crazy is that teams are entertaining the idea of giving up multiple first round picks for the opportunity of paying a shit ton of money to an injury prone QB whose career stats are basically Colin Kaepernick's.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just a month after he pointed a gun at a woman in downtown Cincinnati and told her he should shoot her in the face because the police can't get him...
View Quote

Maybe they can trade him and a draft pick for chubb.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I imagine both the teams would be in negotiations with each other during the process. I don't think there's any collusion violations for doing so. It's a weird scenario to think about. Lots of complications with the idea. As I said, would be some crazy shit if it went down that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am ready to be entertained.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dont want them dropping that type of coin, I want a deal. Make it all incentive based since you said hes old and hardly any tread left on the tires

WR yes/maybe, but they have to get that OL figured out so JA can get some time, and so can the RBs. They also need to let the rookies get way more time in the games so they can adjust to the big lights
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Edge rusher is never the wrong answer, and it's a good choice for Buffalo, especially with Miller probably being a question mark.

#28 puts them at an odd place, though. Van Ness will probably go between 18-21. Next up is Nolan Smith with an EDP around #26. He's an athletic freak, but small for the position.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edge rusher. You can have all the DBs you want but if Burrow or Mahomes have time then it's over. I do think Buffalo was just tired when the Cincy game happened. That game was uncharacteristic for them.

Bills LB Edmunds is a free agent if I remember right.
Need to resign him.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#22]
While we're at it, can the Bills get back Wyatt Teller from the Browns? That was a muff given the Bills OL issues currently

I did not know this at the time, but Tellers GF/fiance at the time was running the salon-spa that my daughter got her first haircut at, and I had no clue. Maybe couldve begged her to tell him to stay

Shes better lookin in person than her social media by the way
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bills LB Edmunds is a free agent if I remember right.
Need to resign him.
View Quote

A lot of the Bills dilemma on D is him and Poyer being FAs this year, and not enough moola
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Via ESPN: Prime Video will stream an NFL game on Black Friday for free, Amazon announced Tuesday. The 2023 season will mark the first time the league has scheduled a game for the day after Thanksgiving. Teams for the 3 p.m. ET game on Nov. 24 will be announced later.

"It's such an unusual day because so many people have it off work, so it's really a unique opportunity to expose all fans to our broadcast," Prime Video vice president Jay Marine said.

The additional game gives Prime Video 16 regular-season games for the 2023 season. Those will air from Weeks 2-17. Prime Video also will air a preseason game.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Nice short break down of the reality of contracts:

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Nice short break down of the reality of contracts:

View Quote

Geno should have got a bit more than that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

A lot of the Bills dilemma on D is him and Poyer being FAs this year, and not enough moola
View Quote

I bet we could crowdsource it....
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#29]

3 hours and counting.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#31]
The local (Seattle) talking heads are super hyped on Richardson at #5 and sitting him for 1-2 years behind Geno.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you on teams calculating draft assets spent into the contract, and that it's a risky move by the Ravens.

But honestly, the match & trade sounds like BS to deincentivize teams offering him a big contract. They're just trying to show Groot he's the only one who thinks he's worth that big money.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bills had the #2 defense in the NFL last season.

When a top 2 defense gets “bent over” in the postseason that probably has more to do with coaching, IMO. Unless you’re missing a day and night difference player like Parsons.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

3 hours and counting.
View Quote

I think Jones probably returns to form next season so I really hope they get a deal done.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m guessing those kids probably won’t be playing “NERF wars” around there again anytime soon.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Didn't Brady sign his retirement papers?
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Didn't Brady sign his retirement papers?
View Quote
Yes. Although I don't think that means he CAN'T come back, it just starts the clock for the HOF and switches his NFLPA medical coverage.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry Atlanta.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I agree with you on teams calculating draft assets spent into the contract, and that it's a risky move by the Ravens.

But honestly, the match & trade sounds like BS to deincentivize teams offering him a big contract. They're just trying to show Groot he's the only one who thinks he's worth that big money.
View Quote

I think there are a couple key layers to this.

The obvious one is who is willing to offer Lamar the most money.

But a big one people seem to forget is the one that has been the sticking point all along: "Fully Guaranteed"

If nobody is dumb enough to come to the table with a fully guaranteed contract, that alone will possibly re-shape LJax's approach.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sorry Atlanta.
View Quote

I am strongly opposed to the move if it’s going to cost 2+ 1st-rounders and/or $230,000,000 guaranteed.  We have massive holes on the team that we are finally in a position to address with our cap situation and our picks — I really don’t want to use that much of either on one guy, no matter who he is.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I am strongly opposed to the move if it’s going to cost 2+ 1st-rounders and/or $230,000,000 guaranteed.  We have massive holes on the team that we are finally in a position to address with our cap situation and our picks — I really don’t want to use that much of either on one guy, no matter who he is.
View Quote

Just Falcon Things.

Does anyone know how to throw a football? | The History of the Atlanta Falcons, Part 1
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Good to see Geno getting paid. He has earned it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Bills had the #2 defense in the NFL last season.

When a top 2 defense gets “bent over” in the postseason that probably has more to do with coaching, IMO. Unless you’re missing a day and night difference player like Parsons.
View Quote

Bills fans can correct me but…..

Nothing on their defense is scary. One of their top safeties is likely gone. The other coming off a missed year and north of 30. Gonna lose their MLB who didn’t achieve expectations anyways. Von Miller is old and coming off an ACL. The rest of the D line is mostly draft underachievers. The corners don’t scare anyone.

#2 is certainty nothing to laugh at but that defense just doesn’t look great on paper. Now, with Allen, the defense is enough to win a SB……unless they play Cincy or KC to get there. Buffalo is at best the third best team in the conference and if NY gets Rodgers that might change. I also think Jax is likely better this year too.

Standing by for incoming fire.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry Atlanta.

I don't like it either. No QB alone is going to make much difference when the offensive line sucks like it has the last several years.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#50]

The Chiefs Plan B option has entered the chat.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top