Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 23
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's probably smart regardless of the accusations. I didn't even know they were a sponsor of his so I'm guessing that's marketing money wasted
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Number two! Nike opened the door.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EyYyt4sXEAw5tMs?format=png&name=large

That's probably smart regardless of the accusations. I didn't even know they were a sponsor of his so I'm guessing that's marketing money wasted

It's a Texas based electrical provider, so unless you're in Texas, not surprised.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Oh I am sorry to presume that you might be a patriotic American. My Bad.
View Quote

A true patriotic American would be proud of having the options to like and discuss whatever the fuck we want.

But you're right, it is your bad.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why are we paying any attention to this stuff? And by that I mean the NFL, it's a woke organization that has none of our values in mind and in fact promotes the exact opposite in alot of cases. Many of the owners rely on taxpayer funded stadiums so they can make tens of millions of dollars. None of the games outcomes affect us in our daily lives unless of course you are betting on them.
If you want to accuse me of virtue signaling, fine. I went from watching 2-3 games a week to not watching any for two years now. I do my best to not support companies and people who want to do away with everything I believe in. As far as deshaun, if he is guilty hopefully justice will be served.

The level of ego behind that phrase is astonishing.

While pretty much everyone here is pro 2A, there are many different "values."  Not everyone here is a Republican, pro-life, pro-death penalty Christian, but that doesn't make them any less Patriotic than you.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Rice video was pretty bad. Dude was throwing uppercuts and haymakers on a chick who weighed like 90 lbs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was always kind of surprised nobody signed Rice after all that. We've seen teams take flyers on all kinds of dudes after their troubles, Kareem Hunt is probably one of the closer examples to Rice's situation, but not on Rice. IMO, he was still one of the better RB's in the league at that point.

The Rice video was pretty bad. Dude was throwing uppercuts and haymakers on a chick who weighed like 90 lbs.

And Rice was over the hill.

BFL, despite what they say, is all about making money.  Generally speaking, having a successful team provides more options for revenue.

If Deshaun Watson was a 3rd string QB he would have been cut a long time ago.

Same with Ray Rice - he was well past his probe, and nothing he could bring to the field would come close to offsetting the PR damage of that tape.  So he’s gone.

Michael Vick served time in prison but still played in the NFL.  His return to football was based on the impression he still had something g to offer on the field, so there was a lot of PR about “rehabilitation”.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

While pretty much everyone here is pro 2A, there are many different "values."  Not everyone here is a Republican, pro-life, pro-death penalty Christian, but that doesn't make them any less Patriotic than you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why are we paying any attention to this stuff? And by that I mean the NFL, it's a woke organization that has none of our values in mind and in fact promotes the exact opposite in alot of cases. Many of the owners rely on taxpayer funded stadiums so they can make tens of millions of dollars. None of the games outcomes affect us in our daily lives unless of course you are betting on them.
If you want to accuse me of virtue signaling, fine. I went from watching 2-3 games a week to not watching any for two years now. I do my best to not support companies and people who want to do away with everything I believe in. As far as deshaun, if he is guilty hopefully justice will be served.

For saying I have a ego to presume things you certainly don't shy away from it either. Have fun here in your echo Chambers .
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's a Texas based electrical provider, so unless you're in Texas, not surprised.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reliant is headquartered in Houston, Watson plays in Houston, I live in Houston, and even I didn't know that.

Meanwhile, I've seen Watson in probably 100+ H-E-B (Texas based grocery store) commercials.  Not lately though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Reliant is headquartered in Houston, Watson plays in Houston, I live in Houston, and even I didn't know that.

Meanwhile, I've seen Watson in probably 100+ H-E-B (Texas based grocery store) commercials.  Not lately though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is also sponsored by Lefty's Famous Cheesesteaks, whose owner, just a week ago, said he calls and talks to Watson every day and he believes Watson is innocent.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A true patriotic American would be proud of having the options to like and discuss whatever the fuck we want.

View Quote

So why am I attacked when I come in and offer a different opinion? You are free to discuss whatever you want. As am I. I just don't see why you are supporting the very organizations that want to take those freedoms away. But as I said to HK, have fun here.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Have fun here in your echo Chambers .
View Quote

The irony....

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For saying I have a ego to presume things you certainly don't shy away from it either. Have fun here in your echo Chambers .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have fun telling yourself that everyone who isn't exactly like you isn't "a patriotic American."
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So why am I attacked when I come in and offer a different opinion? You are free to discuss whatever you want. As am I. I just don't see why you are supporting the very organizations that want to take those freedoms away. But as I said to HK, have fun here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you think people disagreeing with you is evidence of an echo chamber, this must be your first day on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're in an NFL thread bitching about people discussing the NFL.

C'mon bro, be better than that.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He is also sponsored by Lefty's Famous Cheesesteaks, whose owner, just a week ago, said he calls and talks to Watson every day and he believes Watson is innocent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically proclaiming in public that you believe 22 women who are claiming sexual assault against the same man are all lying before all the facts even come out is an interesting business move.  Especially after the #metoo movement.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nobody is attacking you...come on man.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, I get that. Hunt had way more upside left.

That said, anybody could have picked up Rice for league minimum, done some press conferences about DV with him, done some donations and shit, etc. and still have had a current top 10 RB for a couple years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hunt was a 23 yo beast, Rice was a 27 yo RB with a couple seasons at or above 300 carries.

Or put another way: Rayray was about to go on my do-not-draft list for fantasy football, whereas Hunt was a 1st rounder with the Chiefs and still in the top couple rounds as a backup to Chumbawumba.

That said, anybody could have picked up Rice for league minimum, done some press conferences about DV with him, done some donations and shit, etc. and still have had a current top 10 RB for a couple years.
Yeah, possibly on that top 10 RB thing, even though I would have bet against that. Although I have to admit Frank Gore has been on my DND list for like 10 years so what the hell do I know.

My real point was that guys can get away with murder if they're good enough on the field, but every single team decided that Ray wasn't good enough to put up with the PR hit.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Sportsball is dumb FNFL I only buy 100% Made in USA products and shop at stores that are pro-2A"
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yeah, possibly on that top 10 RB thing, even though I would have bet against that. Although I have to admit Frank Gore has been on my DND list for like 10 years so what the hell do I know.

My real point was that guys can get away with murder if they're good enough on the field, but every single team decided that Ray wasn't good enough to put up with the PR hit.
View Quote

I think we can all agree the NFL is full of hypocrisy!  That's all I got.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hunt was a 23 yo beast, Rice was a 27 yo RB with a couple seasons at or above 300 carries.

Or put another way: Rayray was about to go on my do-not-draft list for fantasy football, whereas Hunt was a 1st rounder with the Chiefs and still in the top couple rounds as a backup to Chumbawumba.

Yup.

Jimmy Johnson put up with all kinds of shit with Michael Irvin.

That same Jimmy Johnson fired a back up linebacker for dozing off during a film session.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Basically proclaiming in public that you believe 22 women who are claiming sexual assault against the same man are all lying before all the facts even come out is an interesting business move.  Especially after the #metoo movement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a part owner.

Houston Texans fine multiple players for appearance at Deshaun Watson's restaurant grand opening

The Houston Texans fined multiple players, including star quarterback Deshaun Watson, for attending the grand opening of Watson’s new restaurant, according to an ESPN report.

Watson, who is a minority owner of Lefty’s Famous Cheesesteaks, had the grand opening on Dec. 15 at their new location, which is about a half a mile from NRG Stadium, the home of the Texans.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I mean nobody is a lock for that kind of production, shit happens, but for the cost of picking him up it's worth the gamble.

They can always figure out the PR side.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

When I posted those tweets of Watson defenders yesterday, one is a black, high school, WOMEN'S basketball and track coach.

How would you feel, as a 15-16 year old girl, that your coach just Tweeted out about how a black MALE athlete was innocent and that those 20+ women were all lying about their sexual assaults for money?

Some people are just fucking idiots. If I am involved in that school's administration, in this day and age, you better believe he would be in the office working on damage control and setting his ass straight the next day.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Deshaun Watson's attorney:

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Deshaun Watson's attorney:

https://i.imgur.com/BoO7OjT.gif
View Quote

Also an accurate depiction of Deshaun on a masseuse.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

When I posted those tweets of Watson defenders yesterday, one is a black, high school, WOMEN'S basketball and track coach.

How would you feel, as a 15-16 year old girl, that your coach just Tweeted out about how a black MALE athlete was innocent and that those 20+ women were all lying about their sexual assaults for money?

Some people are just fucking idiots. If I am involved in that school's administration, in this day and age, you better believe he would be in the office working on damage control and setting his ass straight the next day.
View Quote

Frankly, I don't care. More than likely their feelings on that fall into the same "some people are just fucking idiots" category, but at least they're just kids so it's kind of expected.

Anybody who has picked a side this early into it clearly has their own bias.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Can't wait for this one.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rather than crapping up this thread, why don’t start your own thread complaining about the NFL?  

That way, those of us who obtain some level of entertainment from the NFL, can choose if we want to engage in beating the same old, dead horse arguments about how we shouldn’t watch the NFL?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Frankly, I don't care. More than likely their feelings on that fall into the same "some people are just fucking idiots" category, but at least they're just kids so it's kind of expected.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deshaun Watson doesn't care if you defend him. He's not going to see it and come over and shake your hand and be your friend. Doesn't give a fuck. But every other person in your life will see what you say about him and judge you for it. You can't be a person in a position of authority over a bunch of young girls and them publicly side with a man accused of sexually assaulting over 20 women, claiming the women are all liars/looking for money.

The best response, to any victim incident, is no response at all.

You can pick sides all you want, but don't make a public statement on your official social media account about it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Deshaun Watson doesn't care if you defend him. He's not going to see it and come over and shake your hand and be your friend. Doesn't give a fuck. But every other person in your life will see what you say about him and judge you for it. You can't be a person in a position of authority over a bunch of young girls and them publicly side with a man accused of sexually assaulting over 20 women, claiming the women are all liars/looking for money.

You can pick sides all you want, but don't make a public statement on your official social media account about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the guys a total idiot for proclaiming Watson's innocence. That said, I'm confident the reaction to it by those girls, their parents, the school, etc. will also be idiotic.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Funny how H-E-B didn't find it necessary to comment on their contract expiring until TODAY...

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It could be either of those, or it could also be she actually got some sense knocked into her and realized if she hadn't also gotten physical he likely wouldn't have reciprocated

That's a lesson my daughter is struggling really hard to learn. She's a bit of a tom boy and she'll have no problem playing rough and hitting her brother or one of the neighbor boys, but when they hit her back she acts like the world ended. I just tell her if she kept her hands to herself she wouldn't have to worry about it, fair is fair. I've seen plenty of women carry this attitude into adulthood and I don't want her to be one of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It could be she's one of those women who lies to themselves saying "he won't do it again" and "he only does it because he loves me" or maybe she just wanted to save her meal ticket.

It could be either of those, or it could also be she actually got some sense knocked into her and realized if she hadn't also gotten physical he likely wouldn't have reciprocated

That's a lesson my daughter is struggling really hard to learn. She's a bit of a tom boy and she'll have no problem playing rough and hitting her brother or one of the neighbor boys, but when they hit her back she acts like the world ended. I just tell her if she kept her hands to herself she wouldn't have to worry about it, fair is fair. I've seen plenty of women carry this attitude into adulthood and I don't want her to be one of them.

An important lesson, to be sure, but I think that would be more applicable to a situation like the Joe Mixon incident.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He's a part owner.

Houston Texans fine multiple players for appearance at Deshaun Watson's restaurant grand opening

The Houston Texans fined multiple players, including star quarterback Deshaun Watson, for attending the grand opening of Watson’s new restaurant, according to an ESPN report.

Watson, who is a minority owner of Lefty’s Famous Cheesesteaks, had the grand opening on Dec. 15 at their new location, which is about a half a mile from NRG Stadium, the home of the Texans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a part owner.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Not surprisingly, the Watson leg humpers are not only going after Ashley Solis, but they are attacking her business as well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

An important lesson, to be sure, but I think that would be more applicable to a situation like the Joe Mixon incident.
View Quote

Yeah, Mixon is a good example that I forgot about.

It might be ugly, but that's what equality looks like.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Another player with a dumb ass take:

Maybe the fact that YOU are questioning the validity of their accusation is what makes it so other women don't want to come forward in fear of being called a liar. You stupid fuck.

Edit: This dude is just a tool. So far we have seen 1 accuser at a press conference dressed professionally, and then one accuser in the instagram message. And yet he says most the accusers look like strippers?

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still remember the first time I watched that and honestly thinking I was watching the wrong video.  The girl got in his face, Mixon turned to walk away, the girl pushed him in his chest, he didn’t hit her back, she then struck him in the face, AND THEN he hit her.  

And yet to hear some people talk about it you’d think the girl was just minding her own business walking home from volunteering at the children’s hospital when Mixon jumped out from an alley and beat the shit out of her for absolutely no reason.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Maybe the fact that YOU are questioning the validity of their accusation is what makes it so other women don't want to come forward in fear of being called a liar. You stupid fuck.
View Quote

In my more egotistical moments I sometimes entertain the remote possibility that this whole world is just one massive social experiment and I’m the test subject because there is no way some of the shit I see is real life.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:01:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Watson’s last Nike ad:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Edit: This dude is just a tool. So far we have seen 1 accuser at a press conference dressed professionally, and then one accuser in the instagram message. And yet he says most the accusers look like strippers?

View Quote

Umm... These are sexual assault cases all with the same motive that Watson contacted them through social media. Is anyone surprised that they look like strippers?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

The fact that Watson went out of his way to pick these women based on their looks makes that second tweet fucking ignorant beyond measure.

PS: previous post beat me to it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#42]
New statement from Hardin:

So the defense today is... All sex was consensual, and we're still arguing that Deshaun can't figure out who the accusers are even though he has the exact time, date and location of the incidents in every suit.

Doing a crack up job their Rusty.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eydk7OrXMAE7ghl?format=jpg&name=medium

So the defense today is... All sex was consensual, and we're still arguing that Deshaun can't figure out who the accusers are even though he has the exact time, date and location of the incidents in every suit.

View Quote

While it's certainly not like Watson is in great shape and Hardin is blowing the case for him; I think it has become abundantly apparent that Hardin is ill equipped to handle a case like this.

Even if Watson and the situation has given Hardin nothing to work with (and there's a very real possibility that's the case) then simply saying nothing would be a better move than broadcasting some the shit he's been putting out there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

While it's certainly not like Watson is in great shape and Hardin is blowing the case for him; I think it has become abundantly apparent that Hardin is ill equipped to handle a case like this.

Even if Watson and the situation has given Hardin nothing to work with (and there's a very real possibility that's the case) then simply saying nothing would be a better move than broadcasting some the shit he's been putting out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely. If you're Buzbee, then you're grinning your ass off as Hardin is giving you even more free publicity for your case. He is keeping everything at the top of the news cycle. You just came out and told everyone that Watson is not DENYING the sexual acts, only that they were consensual.

Okay... So now that you have ADMITTED to sexual acts, you have handled half the case as far as Buzbee is concerned. Now he just has to show that they were not consensual, and there's a million ways to do that.

"The women were afraid due to Watson's imposing physical size and his continued aggression in controlling and dictating the massages."

"The women felt trapped and in danger because they were in Watson's home/hotel room."

"The women felt they couldn't say no because their financial livelihood could be destroyed by a celebrity of Watson's status."

Seriously, Hardin is making Deshaun look guiltier every time he says something.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh wow, Cowherd is finally talking about Watson

He is such a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

'Buzbee told us to file a motion, so we did.  This is not fair.'

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Oh wow, Cowherd is finally talking about Watson

He is such a piece of shit.
View Quote

I was curious what he said after his long silence so I looked it up and I couldn't even make it a full minute before I threw in the towel.

Cowherd claimed the only way it's possibly to talk about the case is if you have a very strong conviction regarding guilt and Cowherd didn't have a very strong conviction regarding guilt so THAT'S the reason why he didn't talk about the case before.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"We'll see you in court!"

Buzbee already told them that in February when they refused to settle privately...
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm starting to wonder if Hardin's 19 year old great granddaughter working as an intern is the one putting out these statements.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol why do people keep saying "her word against his".

It's actually her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word, her word against his.
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top