BCM
User Panel

Page / 23
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From the Rich Eisen Show today:

"It is all quiet on every single front right now. It is so quiet. You can hear a pin drop on Deshaun Watson... Is Deshaun Watson settling his cases right now?.. I think it is quiet right now for a reason. You don't hear a word from a lawyer who was on Instagram like a 16 year old... Why? Anyone who knows the legal system knows that means something is being discussed and you don't want to wreck it. You don't want to upset it."

Good question and good guess. Considering how public Tony Buzbee was being, not a bad guess to assume we may have entered private arbitration/pay out negotiation territory. If he settles it all now quietly, good chance he is back on the field by 2022 at the LATEST.
View Quote

Or it could just be that they are waiting until this Rodgers/Packers drama dies down a bit so they can go back to being the most compelling NFL story.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Edit: Or maybe not. /shrug

Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Tony Buzbee has told Mark Berman of Fox 26 Houston that a settlement is not going to happen. He said some of the accusers have met with both the Houston Police Dept and the NFL. He compliments the HPD for their conduct and handling of the situation so far, but called out the NFL, saying some of the women, "did not feel like they were being respected," during meeting with league personnel.

Buzbee stated there had been four sessions between the accusers and the NFL and that four additional women want to meet with the league but he is unsure when/if that will happen.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Long Twitter chain, had some information I didn't know about the NFL discovery process and how it could benefit the player dramatically in their courtroom proceedings.

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a serial rapist.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Long Twitter chain, had some information I didn't know about the NFL discovery process and how it could benefit the player dramatically in their courtroom proceedings.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1nsymXUYAEyqBL?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

Not hot by any means, but certainly better than I was expecting.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think it's more likely the team was doing whatever they could to keep a lid on all of this until they no longer had a reason to do so.  That's likely why were seeing this avalanche of claims now.

The claims are too specific and way too easily disproven for them all to be fake, IMO.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the attorney lives on the same street as the Texans owner.  To me, having watched Watson play at Clemson, this screams Duke LaCrosse case.  However, if he did contact via Instagram there will be evidence.

How?  That was one woman.  This is 12 separate suits (or whatever the current count is up to this hour) with reportedly 10+ more possibly coming.

Media sensationalism + money.  They want to make a good guy into a bad guy.  Watson asked for a trade, is loaded thanks to his contract,  has been very vocal against the Texans, and like I said, the attorney suing him lives on the same street as the Texans owner. Plus to go from 1 to 12 to 22 seems a little odd to me (given that they tried a settlement and one of the accusers is from the time between then and the lawsuit).

I think it's more likely the team was doing whatever they could to keep a lid on all of this until they no longer had a reason to do so.  That's likely why were seeing this avalanche of claims now.

The claims are too specific and way too easily disproven for them all to be fake, IMO.

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 4:31:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not hot by any means, but certainly better than I was expecting.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/AFA525F7-30AA-4B00-BA1D-3DD647D0EA5B_jpe-1948633.JPG
View Quote

It looks like half her face is trying to escape.

I'd motorboat though...
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#9]
New SI article: Link

It's long, but I have to say SI is killing it with the Watson story. They have found new therapists and stories, comments from players about their therapist routines, stories from other therapists experiences with athletes, great legal information.

Includes more comments about how rumors about Watson were spreading through the therapist community starting in 2019, and not just about being indecent but also about being a last minute schedule and to not expect him to tip.

Comment from one of the 18 women who spoke on Watson's behalf (supposedly unsolicited) who revealed Watson's legal team found her and asked for her to provide supportive comments.

A therapist who says she refused Watson due to Covid restrictions and then saw that one of his accusers was harassed by Watson the very next day after she declined.

Text message SI confirmed from an accuser who has not filed a lawsuit that reveals the scheduler who set up the appointment between her and Watson said everyone complained about Watson. (Scheduler is known to have arranged for one of the law suit accusers as well)

Lots of good stuff if you have the time.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#10]
David Culley (Texans head coach) when asked if all the players have participated in Zoom meetings: Yes, everyone has been on the Zoom meetings.

Does that include Deshaun Watson: I have nothing to say about Deshaun.

Link to Twitter Video
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Houston Chronicle did an article on how NFL players accused of violent crimes rarely actually end up being suspended: Link

"The newspaper found nearly 80 instances in which players had been accused of, cited, arrested or charged with violent offenses since January 2015, after the NFL revised its policy" (post Ray Rice).

27 of 68 players examined were suspended, "often the punishments doled out were inconsistent".
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Houston Chronicle did an article on how NFL players accused of violent crimes rarely actually end up being suspended: Link

"The newspaper found nearly 80 instances in which players had been accused of, cited, arrested or charged with violent offenses since January 2015, after the NFL revised its policy" (post Ray Rice).

27 of 68 players examined were suspended, "often the punishments doled out were inconsistent".
View Quote

How many of the players in their study had accusations from 20+ different women at the same time?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd also like to see the numbers between the two underlined categories.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As would I. Frankly the article has many things I take issue with. They count players who were released by their teams, and never played another snap of football, as players who went un-punished by the league because the league never put a suspension in place in case they came back/were re-signed by someone.

But it was something semi-related to Watson and I didn't want the thread falling into archive status.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As would I. Frankly the article has many things I take issue with. They count players who were released by their teams, and never played another snap of football, as players who went un-punished by the league because the league never put a suspension in place in case they came back/were re-signed by someone.

But it was something semi-related to Watson and I didn't want the thread falling into archive status.
View Quote

Doing my part with something Watson related.

“Deshaun played at a very high level throughout his career,” Taylor said Thursday, via John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. “I’ve been a fan of his, and I know him personally, but the opportunity to be able to start here is something I look forward to. I’m looking forward to competing with the guys we have in our locker room."
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

“Deshaun played at a very high level throughout his career,” Taylor said Thursday, via John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. “I’ve been a fan of his, and I know him personally, but the opportunity to be able to start here is something I look forward to. I’m looking forward to competing with the guys we have in our locker room."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not having so many women accuse you of sexual assault that the accusers are enough in number to field a full offense and a full defense for a football team is a pretty low bar.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How many of the players in their study had accusations from 20+ different women at the same time?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what was big ben's punishment for allegedly assaulting that girl in the bar?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

6 games, but he talked his way down to 4, IIRC.

Obviously with god king clown shoes sitting on the iron throne like Joffrey screaming "the king can do as he likes" it's impossible to know what punishment will be given out for each situation.  However, when you give guys getting 6 games based on nothing but the word of a woman whose own friends testified she told them she was going to lie about what happened to screw the guy over then it seems unimaginable that the hammer doesn't come down hard on Watson with 22 different woman accusing him.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Seems like this is pretty stalled out.

Are they basically waiting for a court date or...?
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#21]
"In response to the many queries we've received about the Deshaun Watson case," attorney Tony Buzbee said on Instagram, "I typically don't respond to individual press calls, because it's easier for me to make one statement here. As I've said: There will not be a settlement, at least anytime soon. I have my best people on the case. That should tell you a lot about our intentions. Lawsuits are all about the work in the trenches. My 17 lawyers, under my supervision, are doing the legal grunt work it takes to prepare the cases for trial and another win. I've been doing this for many years, and, as the Texas Bar knows, I have rarely lost. And, these are very important cases - these women matter!! - and our team is doing what it takes in discovery and prep to try these cases to a jury. The press folks say we've gone 'quiet,' but the truth is we made clear early on that we wouldn't try these cases in the press and now are doing the important work required for our clients to try these cases to a jury. It's a lot of work! I would also point out that on a daily basis our firm proudly handles cases for people who have lost loved ones, for people burned beyond recognition, for workers who have had their lives ruined, for people hurt, for people discriminated against, for people wronged, and for people defrauded. Our firm will keep doing that. Thanks for your interest! Stand by."

Training camp and pre-season approaching... NFL may have to make a decision before this goes to court at that point. Whether they want a quarterback accused of sexual misconduct by two dozen women playing or not. Of course Watson may still hold out against the Texans himself. We shall see.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#22]
This is both incredibly surprising, and at the same time, not-surprising. NFL doing the same old NFL shit job. Watson's attorney Rusty Hardin told KPRC-TV in Houston that the NFL has NOT YET INTERVIEWED Watson about the allegations.

As we quickly approach training camps and the pre-season, and the NFL will be forced into making a decision regarding suspending Watson or not... That seems like a pretty fucking important step to take.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Just a bump.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 12:40:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just a bump.
View Quote

Let's think about that for a moment.  A top 10 (maybe even top 5) franchise QB is being accused of sexually assaulting over 20 different women, the trial(s) hasn't even started yet, and a bump is required to avoid the thread hitting the archives.  It is absolutely insane how little news there is for an unprecedented event like this.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 2:57:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Let's think about that for a moment.  A top 10 (maybe even top 5) franchise QB is being accused of sexually assaulting over 20 different women, the trial(s) hasn't even started yet, and a bump is required to avoid the thread about it hitting the archives.  It is absolutely insane how little news there for an unprecedented event like this.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just a bump.

Let's think about that for a moment.  A top 10 (maybe even top 5) franchise QB is being accused of sexually assaulting over 20 different women, the trial(s) hasn't even started yet, and a bump is required to avoid the thread about it hitting the archives.  It is absolutely insane how little news there for an unprecedented event like this.  

the Trevor Bauer story is getting swept under the rug, too. I guess METOO is over now that the pussy grabber is out of office.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 4:14:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just a bump.

Yeah... I mean I know the legal system can be slow but it is surprising there isn't more going on outside of it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#27]
I have the feeling DW's legal team is in the process of trying to negotiate a pay off.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah... I mean I know the legal system can be slow but it is surprising there isn't more going on outside of it.
View Quote

Never underestimate powerful people with lots of money.  Granted, Watson's attorney does NOT instill any sort of confidence.  But settlements for stuff like this and keep secrets quiet is not a new thing.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Training camps start at the end of the month. Should pick some steam around then.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Never underestimate powerful people with lots of money.  Granted, Watson's attorney does NOT instill any sort of confidence.  But settlements for stuff like this and keep secrets quiet is not a new thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except they haven't seemed to want to do any sort of settlement yet.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wasn't it said the girls aren't in this for the money??

and sorry i'm forgetting, but has watson been criminally charged yet?
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Training camps start at the end of the month. Should pick some steam around then.
View Quote
Except Deshaun may still be holding out form the basis that he never wants to play for the Texans again. So if he voluntarily doesn't come to camp, then the NFL once again doesn't have to make a stand yet.

But yeah, we'll get to hear about him holding out, after we hear about Rodgers holding out.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

the Trevor Bauer story is getting swept under the rug, too. I guess METOO is over now that the pussy grabber is out of office.
View Quote

No the Trevor Bauer story fizzled cause everyone realized it was bullshit as soon as they read the text messages.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bet he’s on IG checking out massage therapist’s already

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#35]
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler via 247 Sports:

"The Texans knew he wasn't going to show up for OTAs or minicamp, if they even had it. It's largely the same stance right now, but that might be out of Watson's hands because the league could place him on a commissioner exempt list as they get closer to training camp because his case is still in the information case  there's no clarity on the criminal side or the lawsuits."

Despite the allegations against him, Watson reportedly made it clear to the NFL that he'll do whatever he needs to be eligible to play this season.

"I am told that Watson, through his lawyer Rusty Hardin, made clear to the NFL that he would cooperate with them if they wanted to interview him at some point. So, right now, we wait and see. But Watson is preparing to play the season."
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler via 247 Sports:

"The Texans knew he wasn't going to show up for OTAs or minicamp, if they even had it. It's largely the same stance right now, but that might be out of Watson's hands because the league could place him on a commissioner exempt list as they get closer to training camp because his case is still in the information case  there's no clarity on the criminal side or the lawsuits."

Despite the allegations against him, Watson reportedly made it clear to the NFL that he'll do whatever he needs to be eligible to play this season.

"I am told that Watson, through his lawyer Rusty Hardin, made clear to the NFL that he would cooperate with them if they wanted to interview him at some point. So, right now, we wait and see. But Watson is preparing to play the season."
View Quote

The NFL hasn't talked to Watson at all about this?

Were they hoping it would just go away?
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Watson officially reported to camp today. He did so to avoid the $50,000 a day fines. Money talks. Hold out my ass. He reportedly is still demanding a trade and will refuse to play for the Texans ever again.

Anyways, the NFL made no statement, he has not been placed on the exempt list. No news from the NFL is good news for Watson and just another example in a long long long list of examples showing the NFL doesn't give a fuck.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Watson officially reported to camp today. He did so to avoid the $50,000 a day fines. Money talks. Hold out my ass. He reportedly is still demanding a trade and will refuse to play for the Texans ever again.

Anyways, the NFL made no statement, he has not been placed on the exempt list. No news from the NFL is good news for Watson and just another example in a long long long list of examples showing the NFL doesn't give a fuck.
View Quote

I wish TMZ had video a la Ray Rice on this.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Lawyer: Two women with new allegations among 10 to file police complaints against Texans QB Deshaun Watson

Ten women have now filed complaints with Houston police about Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, according to Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin.

Hardin spoke with ESPN on Monday about the progress of the criminal and civil cases involving his client.

"There are 10 women that have made complaints to the [Houston] police," Hardin said.

Eight of the women, according to Hardin, are among the 22 women who have alleged in lawsuits that Watson sexually assaulted them or engaged in sexually inappropriate behavior during massage sessions.

Two of the women who have filed complaints with Houston police, Hardin said, have not filed lawsuits against Watson.

"There are a couple of women who we don't know anything about," Hardin said.

Link Posted: 7/27/2021 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#41]
The NFL just released a statement:

"The NFL's review of the serious allegations against Deshaun Watson remains ongoing and active.

We are working cooperatively with the Houston Police Department and ensuring that the NFL's inquiry does not interfere with their investigation.

As we continue to gather additional information and monitor law enforcement developments, we will make appropriate decisions consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Personal Conduct Policy.

At this time, there are no restrictions on Watson's participation in club activities."

Reminder, that the NFL has STILL not spoken with Watson about the allegations.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Lawyer: Two women with new allegations among 10 to file police complaints against Texans QB Deshaun Watson

Ten women have now filed complaints with Houston police about Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, according to Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin.

Hardin spoke with ESPN on Monday about the progress of the criminal and civil cases involving his client.

"There are 10 women that have made complaints to the [Houston] police," Hardin said.

Eight of the women, according to Hardin, are among the 22 women who have alleged in lawsuits that Watson sexually assaulted them or engaged in sexually inappropriate behavior during massage sessions.

Two of the women who have filed complaints with Houston police, Hardin said, have not filed lawsuits against Watson.

"There are a couple of women who we don't know anything about," Hardin said.

View Quote

this started back in march. why wait now to file a complaint with the houston PD???
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The NFL just released a statement:

"The NFL's review of the serious allegations against Deshaun Watson remains ongoing and active.

We are working cooperatively with the Houston Police Department and ensuring that the NFL's inquiry does not interfere with their investigation.

As we continue to gather additional information and monitor law enforcement developments, we will make appropriate decisions consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Personal Conduct Policy.

At this time, there are no restrictions on Watson's participation in club activities."

Reminder, that the NFL has STILL not spoken with Watson about the allegations.
View Quote

This whole thing has played out really weird.  Feels like it's going to be one extreme or the other.  Totally exonerated by NFL and HPD, or financially ruined by settlements, jail/prison time and multiyear nfl suspension.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Responding to the NFL's statement while on vacation in France, Tony Buzbee:

"To suggest the NFL hasn't got enough information or has not been provided access, that's just demonstrably false. I think if you ask the NFL directly they would have to admit that."

"I don't control the corroborating witnesses. Maybe they reached out to witnesses who do not want to cooperate. I don't know. Obviously, the NFL has no subpoena power and everybody's doing this voluntarily. I don't know who the sources are or what they're saying, but I do know my staff has spent many, many, many hours voluntarily, because the NFL asked us to, and these women have went out of their way to provide information."

"My question would be how many times do you need to hear the same thing over and over until you draw a conclusion? That's my problem with this whole thing and I don't (care) if Deshaun Watson plays or not. That's not my issue. That has nothing to do with this case."

"There's other women, that do not have lawsuits, who have also made the same claims to the police which has kind of been glossed over and there's other women who have claims who are represented by at least one other lawyer. A lot of that stuff is glossed over."

"It seems like most people are spending their time guessing whether Watson will play and with whom he will play and ignore the big elephant in the room, which is what about the 22, 25, 26, whatever the number is women, who had contact with him who are making some incredibly serious allegations?"

"Based on my discussions with Lisa Friel (NFL's lead investigator) and some of her team, and some candid conversations I had with them, I would not have allowed my clients, or I certainly would have counseled against my clients talking to them had I not on the front end felt confident that they were gonna take this seriously and not waste our time."

"I've been asked questions about what are your thoughts about the NFL's statement on this and that. I don't have an opinion on that. I will say, as just a bystander, having been a football fan for many years, the NFL is not known for being women advocates or being an outfit that cares a whole lot about sexual assault and sexual abuse of women, despite when they wear pink every now and then. Let's be clear."

"You can wear pink one game a year or two games a year, but that doesn't change the long history the NFL has with regard to the treatment of women."
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:47:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

"It seems like most people are spending their time guessing whether Watson will play and with whom he will play and ignore the big elephant in the room, which is what about the 22, 25, 26, whatever the number is women, who had contact with him who are making some incredibly serious allegations?"
View Quote

Ain't that the truth?  It's hard to keep track of whatever the current number is up to.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

“Go inside.  Don’t be afraid to go deeper.”
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Poop thread
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder what she keeps looking at off screen.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Really long, but one of the accusers did go on a YouTube talk show.

Special Edition : Deshaun Watson ( inside the Massage Room with Nia Lewis )

Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top