Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 101
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Welp, Romney just took Washington...

...Obama has apparently weighed in and referred to the call as "terrible".

There'll be no forgiveness in Seattle for that.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Paul Ryan also said something on it. Something like the refs work part time as an Obama aide.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

If only it were that simple...

(dry sider)

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Go Falcons!
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

COWGIRLS Lose to the SEACHICKENS!!!!1

HAHAHAH.

re-posted for posterity.  seems the seahawks are pretty damn tough at home.  
You can repost any time I make fun of the Cowboys losing.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Obama says bad call?! I have changed my mind....TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama says bad call?! I have changed my mind....TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!!

Knew you'd come around.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That hit was nasty.

Yea it was... Schaub has come along way. He really has increased his manliness, he throws under pressure and can scramble a lot better then before.. He's going to take us all the way!
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone think Goodell will make a statement tomorrow regarding the major fuck up from tonight's game?  I can't wait to hear what he has to say.

I'm being 100% serious when I say I hope Paul Allen may steps and concedes the win.

This is really bad publicity for his team. All that "perennial underdog" rep the Hawks have had is now dashed.

That would be the right thing to do.If Allen actually did that,I'd be willing to bet that the regular refs would be back in a heartbeat.It would be a huge slap in the face to the powers that be,and It would also give the Seahawks an opportunity to not have a big question mark attached to them this season,and it would also give the Cards a 2 game lead on Seattle.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#10]

time to go rugby style, no helmets

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#11]
If nothing else these officials are giving lots of funny people material to work with.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That hit was nasty.

Yea it was... Schaub has come along way. He really has increased his manliness, he throws under pressure and can scramble a lot better then before.. He's going to take us all the way!

Unless you gotta come to Baltimore again.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That hit was nasty.

Haha.. This city will never forget that playoff game last year.. We will never forgive jacoby jones either.. Glad he's working out for y'all..

One thing  is for sure, the ravens texans game will be epic this season and we will be getting our first win against y'all.

Did I mention fuck the ravens?
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the not too distant past Seahawks fans remember this and will never forget how the Steelers (as great as their franchise is) was gifted another Super Bowl :

http://youtu.be/N93VaUytd4w

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/dsteelman1/Nelson.jpg

Still crying eh?? Perfect , I will pay you if you send me some of those sweet , sweet tears big boy.

Seriously... That's what Seahawk fans are still crying about?
I have no horse in this race, I hate the Steelers and am indifferent about the Seahawks, but after finding a much better video of that play on youtube it clearly was a touchdown.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That hit was nasty.

Haha.. This city will never forget that playoff game last year.. We will never forgive jacoby jones either.. Glad he's working out for y'all..

One thing  is for sure, the ravens texans game will be epic this season and we will be getting our first win against y'all.

Did I mention fuck the ravens?

That's going to be a good game that could go either way. Hopefully the real refs are back by that point.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#16]
You know what? I take back everything I have said.  It's a fucking TOUCHDOWN and the scabs called it right. (they should have called the PI, but they gave GB a BS PI call to get them their TD)

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You know what? I take back everything I have said.  It's a fucking TOUCHDOWN and the scabs called it right. (they should have called the PI, but they gave GB a BS PI call to get them their TD)

http://youtu.be/WDnSdkefYAA

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yuk it up, but that angle clearly shows that Tate had one hand on the ball one one on the defenders arm, and the defender had one hand on the ball––one on Tate's hand. That is a tie, and one handed catches are enough to establish possession. Golden Tate's feet touch the ground first as each player has one hand on the ball, and thus establishes possession first. Possession + Endzone = Touchdown at that exact moment Tate's feet touch the turf.

That does not excuse the push in the back, though, but if we are going there, it is likely that GB only scores a field goal after their bogus PI call that led to their TD.

The game was a fucking mess though. I think Wilson was intercepted earlier and the play was unfairly called back.

I am getting a bit tired of the Wilson suckfest in Seattle. He had 1-2 legit ints. He's going to be good...someday, but it's Flynn's time to shine NOW.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Tate really did touch the ball first. Holy shit.

ETA:When he brings his right hand out and back in, he does so with his feet on the ground, and before Jennings' second foot hit the ground.

I still think that Jennings pulled it from Tate's hand (but it would be impossible to see that) before his foot touched the ground, but this sort of changes the view of a simultaneous catch.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inorite? I was pretty glum about it until now. I still have much respect for the Green Bay Packers and their fans, but I got to say..... It looks legit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#21]
I still don't think he had control of the ball.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He was on the ground pulling it away from Jennings before Jennings made contact with the ground.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Inorite? I was pretty glum about it until now. I still have much respect for the Green Bay Packers and their fans, but I got to say..... It looks legit.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, pal.

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He had dual possession with Lang.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No he didn't.  He was touching the ball.  Defender had possession. Big difference.  Touching =/= possession.

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Not even close dude.Come on man..really?
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever helps you sleep at night, pal.

Ain't it the truth.

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No he didn't.  He was touching the ball.  Defender had possession. Big difference.  Touching =/= possession.

NOPE it's a live ball until a defender or receiver have their feet on the ground. Who's feet came down first?
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOPE it's a live ball until a defender or receiver have their feet on the ground. Who's feet came down first?

You're making yourself look foolish.  Just take the W and move on.

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're making yourself look foolish.  Just take the W and move on.

Not really. Until I saw this angle I said it was a pick. This shows eveidence to the contrary. It shows Tate's left hand under Langs and the inverse on the right. That is dual possession, and Tate establishes "possession" first by getting both feet down.

It is an UGLY play and hard as shit to call, but it's looking more and more like the right call to me. (Remember that the people in the booth replay are NOT replacement refs.)
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take Jennings out of the play for a second. If Tate had reached up with one hand and started to pull it down, then brought his other hand in to control it, then went to the ground, it would be a TD.

Until I saw that clip, I was sure Jennings had it first and there was no way Tate had a claim to control or possession of the ball. But seeing it like that... I just don't know what to think anymore.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take Jennings out of the play for a second. If Tate had reached up with one hand and started to pull it down, then brought his other hand in to control it, then went to the ground, it would be a TD.

Until I saw that clip, I was sure Jennings had it first and there was no way Tate had a claim to control or possession of the ball. But seeing it like that... I just don't know what to think anymore.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even the one hand he had touching the ball, came off the ball, and then went back on the ball as they hit the ground.

Meanwhile, Jennings has it in both hands the whole way down, and oh by the way, has it to his chest to boot.  Tate just has Jennings body on his chest.

C'mon man.

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even the one hand he had touching the ball, came off the ball, and then went back on the ball as they hit the ground.

Meanwhile, Jennings has it in both hands the whole way down, and oh by the way, has it to his chest to boot.  Tate just has Jennings body on his chest.

C'mon man.

Pretty sure his hand stays on the ball through out the catch, but if you can post a youtube video proving that happened, don't be afraid to post it. I have an open mind about it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even the one had he had touching the ball, came off the ball, and then went back on the ball as they hit the ground.

Meanwhile, jennings has it in both hands the whole way down, and oh by the way, has it to his chest to boot.  Tate just has Jennings body on his chest.

Come'On man.

There is no such thing as "degrees of possession". You can catch it with your finger tips, or against any part of your body and anything that is on the field besides the ground. Then you have to control it (second hand that he brings down) and make a "football" play, which would be coming to the ground in the endzone with both hands on the ball.

You can reach around a defender to grab the ball.

So what if Jennings had the ball in his hands the whole way down?! Tate had his hand on the ball too! And importantly from this angle, he actually had it first, not just pulling it from Jennings. Tie goes to the offense.

If Tate pulled his LEFT hand off the ball, it would be a pick, no doubt, because he didn't have control of it. But I haven't seen an angle showing that he does that. He does bring his right hand to control the ball before Jennings touches the ground with two feet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He may have been able to posses the ball if it wasn't already being controlled by the defender.He never had possession in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He may have been able to posses the ball if it wasn't already being controlled by the defender.He never had possession in the first place.

Left hand has possession as seen in the video. Both feet touch first establishing ground contact first.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Left hand has possession as seen in the video. Both feet touch first establishing ground contact first.

Possession doesn't equal control.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The defender doesn't have control until he touches the ground.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had the ball in his chest with both arms until he hit the ground,the only time Tate had partial control was on the ground after the play,It doesn't matter if his feet came down first as he didn't have control of the ball.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had the ball in his chest with both arms until he hit the ground,the only time Tate had partial control was on the ground after the play,It doesn't matter if his feet came down first as he didn't have control of the ball.

One handed catches are still "control." If not, Mr Fitzgerald would have a lot of catches called incomplete passes.

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One handed catches are still "control." If not, Mr Fitzgerald would have a lot of catches called incomplete passes.

True,a receiver can control the ball with one hand.ETA...that's not what happened here.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

As I've been saying since it happened, there is an argument to be made for simultaneous possession and certainly not enough "indisputable visual evidence" to overturn the call on the field.  If these had not been replacement refs, people would have stopped talking about it a few hours after the game.

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#44]
it was still very obvious offensive pass interference and the catch shouldnt have counted.  the NFL already came out and said that....

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
it was still very obvious offensive pass interference and the catch shouldnt have counted.  the NFL already came out and said that....  

Hard to deny that, but it's also hard to deny that without a BS PI call, Green Bay wouldn't have scored a TD at all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to deny that, but it's also hard to deny that without a BS PI call, Green Bay wouldn't have scored a TD at all.

No it's not...

"I don't know what ya talking about!"

lol

After seeing the play from this angle for the first time, I actually have to agree, there is an argument to be made for dual possession. If nothing else, as one of you already said, not enough proof to overturn the call on the field.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Skillets you should join the replacement refs you would fit right in. If you keep thinking it soon enough you can believe it. LOL QFT bird
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Go Bears.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Skillets you should join the replacement refs you would fit right in. If you keep thinking it soon enough you can believe it. LOL QFT bird

Why are you singling me out? I called it a pick until I saw this video.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yuk it up, but that angle clearly shows that Tate had one hand on the ball one one on the defenders arm, and the defender had one hand on the ball––one on Tate's hand. That is a tie, and one handed catches are enough to establish possession. Golden Tate's feet touch the ground first as each player has one hand on the ball, and thus establishes possession first. Possession + Endzone = Touchdown at that exact moment Tate's feet touch the turf.

That does not excuse the push in the back, though, but if we are going there, it is likely that GB only scores a field goal after their bogus PI call that led to their TD.

The game was a fucking mess though. I think Wilson was intercepted earlier and the play was unfairly called back.

I am getting a bit tired of the Wilson suckfest in Seattle. He had 1-2 legit ints. He's going to be good...someday, but it's Flynn's time to shine NOW.

having a hand on the ball does not equal possession for the purposes of a reception in simultaneous possession.  the usual standard is who is more in control of the football, and a player clutching the ball with both hands and both arms is preferred over an opposing player who has one hand on the ball.  it's subjective, but that's how these situations are called.

your "establishing possession" comment is off-base, due to the "completing the catch" rule.  even if both tate's feet were firmly on the ground, he would have to "complete the catch" before he would be ruled in possession of the football.  since possession is contested at that point, his foot does not establish anything.

so yeah––INT, even though I was pulling for the seahawks.
Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top