BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No wonder take the guns first, due process second is sweeping the nation. It's a time-honored tradition - whatever it takes to meet goals. Fuck the law when it becomes a hinderance to meeting objectives.

BTW - how'd he do eradicating that communism? Seems to have spread like napalm fire on an oil field since. Where does the credibility come from?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you're saying that circumventing a leftist Congress controlled by dimocRats sympathetic to the USSR in order to contain and eradicate communism on the southern border of mexico is high treason?

Do I understand you correctly?

If so, I can't fucking believe what I just read.  
No wonder take the guns first, due process second is sweeping the nation. It's a time-honored tradition - whatever it takes to meet goals. Fuck the law when it becomes a hinderance to meeting objectives.

BTW - how'd he do eradicating that communism? Seems to have spread like napalm fire on an oil field since. Where does the credibility come from?
Good thing the American Revolution was before your time; you really would have stroked the fuck out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Iran-Contra
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he get in trouble for back in the 90's, my memory is failing me?
Iran-Contra
Sellin' guns to bad guys!  Oh, and cocaine too.

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
North's convictions were vacated and reversed.

All charges against him were dropped in 1991.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A former convicted felon? Really?

They really didn't want it known how deep the flow of cocaine really flows thru D.C.

Quite frankly, I am still on the wall with ol' Oly.   I'd like to believe he is honorable and doing
what he thought was right but I can't get around believing he is just another DC Swamp Monster.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Guns for drugs!

This is gonna be kind of like Operation Fast and Furious except it's going to include cocaine too!
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

*TOW ATGMS and HAWK missiles were hardly cutting edge in 1988.  You know who deployed a HAWK battery a few years later during Desert Shield?  The Germans.  In Turkey (before they mutinied, that is).  That's it.  The HAWK missile system was so current at the time, the US deployed Patriot SAMs to SWA and Israel instead.  Trust me when I say the Israelis weren't in any danger.  ETA:  And I never saw a HAWK battery anywhere over there.

*The TOW missile system that was LOS only was made obsolescent by TOW2B, which could defeat armor with reactive tiles.  I have seen no information that indicates we sold the Iranians the more advanced version.  Regardless, I don't care.  Israel wasn't going to be defeated by the Iranians with 2,500 more TOW missiles on a second front while they simultaneously fought Saddam's Iraqi Army.

*No, you're simple.  Period.  If you can't see that the NRA is the national-level organization that UK and Australian gun owners wished they had to lobby on their behalf before their guns were outlawed and confiscated, then it's you who is truly gullible.  Nobody said the NRA was perfect, or that it didn't need fresh management, but I haven't seen any new AWBs leave committee, either.  Maybe you can point out an example to me.  Go ahead.  Change my mind, oh Enlightened One.

*I'm sorry you're jealous of WLP's compensation.  Personally I don't care as long as I'm seeing a good faith effort on their part to put pressure on Congress to NOT let new gun control bills out of committee for a vote on the floors of either chamber.  I guess class envy is a thing here in GD, though.

During her campaign, Killery named the NRA her #1 political enemy.  Enough said.
View Quote
Keep mking excuses, they sold you the fuck out.

You haven’t because the R’s own congress and the executive.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's not how this works.

After he sends the guns, then we send the money.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
quick, lets all send them money to show how happy we are with this idea.
That's not how this works.

After he sends the guns, then we send the money.

But who gets the cocaine?

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
shoulda been US Senator.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Illegal gun running.

This is very possibly a step in the wrong direction, but ... at this point ... I'm just along for the wild ride until I die.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]
The fucking NRA has more titles than the New England Patriots and the Alabama Crimson Tide put together.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Wayne must go
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nothing, conviction was reversed and charges dismissed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:35:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good thing the American Revolution was before your time; you really would have stroked the fuck out.
View Quote
Why don't you go look up what Mattis has to say about the military setting its own political goals?

Edited for god dammed autocorrect
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:05:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why don't you go look up what Mattis has to say about the military setting its own political goals?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares?  Lt Col. North was following the guidance of his elected boss as a member of the National Security Council at the time, not the USMC or DoD:  You know, POTUS Ronald. R. Reagan, who ran on a platform to face down communism and literally won the 1980 election against Carter because of it?  As in, Ronald Maximus Reagan's NSC?  Yep-he was there because he was the right man for the job at the right time.  His time as a young infantry platoon commander only shaped and developed him into the warrior this nation needed when the time came.  Just because he wore the uniform of a US Marine Officer, doesn't mean he was operating in that capacity while assigned to the NSC.  Understand?

Fuck the communists in Congress.

Besides, you're from CA.  I don't care what you think.  I had enough of you hand-wringing quislings when I grew up there, hence why I don't live in Cali anymore.

Also, stop with the blasphemy.  You'll probably regret ever doing so someday (like I do, even if I slip up and act like a disrespectful communist heathen now and again).

Now go change your pants and undies.  Nobody respects someone that walks about shamelessly after he's pissed their trousers upon hearing this traumatic news.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:12:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I like him but odd choice. His company made tactical gear but he didn't believe civilians should be allowed to own his products.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:18:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I first read that as Peter North to become NRA President.
View Quote
Well he definitely was a shooter with high capacity assault loads
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:24:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Don't you just hate it when the loyal Americans, who hate Communists, win one once in awhile? That just sucks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks to the swamp and his being such a good team player - it's not like he was innocent of treason, he was let off hook by other traitors. Why not appoint OJ president of womens rights too?
Don't you just hate it when the loyal Americans, who hate Communists, win one once in awhile? That just sucks!
We sat and watched his hearing in the barracks everyday, NAS Cecil Field.  We cheered him and jeered the representatives.  He was doing God's work. He helped to he Americans held hostage, sell old soon to be scrap to Iran, and killing commies.  What's not to love.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:28:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:31:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
*TOW ATGMS and HAWK missiles were hardly cutting edge in 1988.  You know who deployed a HAWK battery a few years later during Desert Shield?  The Germans.  In Turkey (before they mutinied, that is).  That's it.  The HAWK missile system was so current at the time, the US deployed Patriot SAMs to SWA and Israel instead.  Trust me when I say the Israelis weren't in any danger.  ETA:  And I never saw a HAWK battery anywhere over there.

*The TOW missile system that was LOS only was made obsolescent by TOW2B, which could defeat armor with reactive tiles.  I have seen no information that indicates we sold the Iranians the more advanced version.  Regardless, I don't care.  Israel wasn't going to be defeated by the Iranians with 2,500 more TOW missiles on a second front while they simultaneously fought Saddam's Iraqi Army.

*No, you're simple.  Period.  If you can't see that the NRA is the national-level organization that UK and Australian gun owners wished they had to lobby on their behalf before their guns were outlawed and confiscated, then it's you who is truly gullible.  Nobody said the NRA was perfect, or that it didn't need fresh management, but I haven't seen any new AWBs leave committee, either.  Maybe you can point out an example to me.  Go ahead.  Change my mind, oh Enlightened One.

*I'm sorry you're jealous of WLP's compensation.  Personally I don't care as long as I'm seeing a good faith effort on their part to put pressure on Congress to NOT let new gun control bills out of committee for a vote on the floors of either chamber.  I guess class envy is a thing here in GD, though.

During her campaign, Killery named the NRA her #1 political enemy.  Enough said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, because Lt Col. North isn't on board with aiding our one true ally in the region.

I can support selling outdated weapons to Iran to kill their fellow muslims for eight years.  Keeps them busy while Israel receives the advanced military aid from the United States to defeat either.

The administration was attempting to gain favor with the more "moderate" leftover elements from the Shah's regime still within the Iranian gov't.  At the time, it had only been a few years since Iran was considered "the 51st state" by much of the world.  So it didn't work.  Are you crying over dead muslims now?

Furthermore, I know you think you're being exceptionally bright by bashing the NRA but in reality, you're a simple malcontent with little to offer just the rest of your fellow travelers.  5,000,000 members aligned against the radical leftists that want to disarm you, and you choose to feed your fragile ego by throwing a tantrum over a stupid statement that didn't really say anything.  Here's a reality check for you:  The NRA hasn't called for a "ban" on anything, and they're the only thing standing between being able to enjoy the freedoms we do now, or looking at airsoft as our next legal option to owning something that looks like a firearm.

You disgust me.
"Outdated" that system wasn't outdated in 1988.

"Are you crying over dead muslims now?" Ah, why would I?

"you're a simple malcontent" you are gullible and I pity you.

"5,000,000 members aligned against the radical leftists" LoL, look up Wayne's net worth. That is your NRA money at work.

He also sold the Iranians sidewinder, fricking a models.  LMAO You can lose that one by pointing into the sun, you don't even need flares.  Also some tomcats, without support.  LoL. How long do you think those pigs fly without maintenance.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:33:01 AM EDT
[#19]
He’s an asshole.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:35:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:40:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Who cares?  Lt Col. North was following the guidance of his elected boss as a member of the National Security Council at the time, not the USMC or DoD:  You know, POTUS Ronald. R. Reagan, who ran on a platform to face down communism and literally won the 1980 election against Carter because of it?  As in, Ronald Maximus Reagan's NSC?  Yep-he was there because he was the right man for the job at the right time.  His time as a young infantry platoon commander only shaped and developed him into the warrior this nation needed when the time came.  Just because he wore the uniform of a US Marine Officer, doesn't mean he was operating in that capacity while assigned to the NSC.  Understand?

Besides, you're from CA.  I don't care what you think.  I had enough of you hand-wringing quislings when I grew up there, hence why I don't live in Cali anymore.

Also, stop with the blasphemy.  You'll probably regret ever doing so someday (like I do, even if I slip up and act like a disrespectful communist heathen now and again).

Now go change your pants and undies.  Nobody respects someone that walks about shamelessly after he's pissed their trousers upon hearing this traumatic news.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a lot of effort to reply to someone from California about whom you don't even care.

Maybe you're a little testy because you know you're wrong? You know that the military isn't allowed to just go do whatever they please in direct opposition to the direction of the representative government elected by their people? Maybe somewhere, deep down, you know LTC North did something wrong and might not be the best face for the NRA?

Opposition to communists is all well and good. Hell, killing communists is all well and good if that's what has been tasked to you. Those in power in our military doing whatever they please despite what The People's elected representatives say, is something very different and not really that much better than communism. I assume that unlawful orders are still okay to disobey, right? I don't recall the part in the Constitution that said the military could defy Congress as long as they were opposing communism. Congress may be wrong (certainly is and often), but it is essential for the military to remain subservient to civilian government. If you disagree, that's really unfortunate.

General Jim Mattis brings insight and clarity to the nature of war

The whole thing is great. 8:20, I think, is where you should start. 7:45 isn't bad, either.

Between CA and blasphemy, you've got a lot of redirection going on. Try to focus and stay on the point, yeah?

Edited for god damned grammar (it's lower case, just pretend I'm invoking a different god).
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:41:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Amen, Brother.  God bless him--and you and yours.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks to the swamp and his being such a good team player - it's not like he was innocent of treason, he was let off hook by other traitors. Why not appoint OJ president of womens rights too?
We sat and watched his hearing in the barracks everyday, NAS Cecil Field.  We cheered him and jeered the representatives.  He was doing God's work. He helped to he Americans held hostage, sell old soon to be scrap to Iran, and killing commies.  What's not to love.
Amen, Brother.  God bless him--and you and yours.  
Thanks my man. It was a great time to be an American.  After that twit Carter, Ronald Reagan was a God send.  Yea he had his screw ups, but I never once doubted he loved the USA.  Since that time the public is so cynical, myself included.  Sad really and kids are missing out on not knowing deep down this is the best country in the world.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:41:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He also sold the Iranians sidewinder, fricking a models.  LMAO You can lose that one by pointing into the sun, you don't even need flares.  Also some tomcats, without support.  LoL. How long do you think those pigs fly without maintenance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, because Lt Col. North isn't on board with aiding our one true ally in the region.

I can support selling outdated weapons to Iran to kill their fellow muslims for eight years.  Keeps them busy while Israel receives the advanced military aid from the United States to defeat either.

The administration was attempting to gain favor with the more "moderate" leftover elements from the Shah's regime still within the Iranian gov't.  At the time, it had only been a few years since Iran was considered "the 51st state" by much of the world.  So it didn't work.  Are you crying over dead muslims now?

Furthermore, I know you think you're being exceptionally bright by bashing the NRA but in reality, you're a simple malcontent with little to offer just the rest of your fellow travelers.  5,000,000 members aligned against the radical leftists that want to disarm you, and you choose to feed your fragile ego by throwing a tantrum over a stupid statement that didn't really say anything.  Here's a reality check for you:  The NRA hasn't called for a "ban" on anything, and they're the only thing standing between being able to enjoy the freedoms we do now, or looking at airsoft as our next legal option to owning something that looks like a firearm.

You disgust me.

"5,000,000 members aligned against the radical leftists" LoL, look up Wayne's net worth. That is your NRA money at work.

I didn't know that.  Then again, we could have sold those primates on either side of the conflict AMRAAMs and the results would have been the same.

Come to think of it, we could have given the IAF prototype sidewinders with the end-state being the Israelis would have ended up with something to show for it in the form of a favorable A2A kill ratio.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:44:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I didn't know that.  Then again, we could have sold those primates on either side of the conflict AMRAAMs and the results would have been the same.

Come to think of it, we could have given the IAF prototype sidewinders with the end-state being the Israelis would have ended up with something to show for it in the form of a favorable A2A kill ratio.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You disgust me.

I was in the wing so when that came out we all laughed.  That's why it stuck with me.  The media was zomg, sidewinder and we were like yea the ones from Vietnam waiting to be destroyed.  LoL
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:51:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
He was the fall guy for the gipper in the Iran Contra gun running screw up back in the 80's.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:00:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was still in college when the leftists in the news and even on campus became unraveled over Lt Col. Oliver North telling Congress to eat shit.  It was beautiful.

I later met him in 2006 when he was on a book tour in J-Action-Ville NC.  I was proud to shake his hand-he's a great American.  Most of us appreciated everything he did to bring about the fall of the Ortega regime in Nicaragua by funding the Contras (who were fighting the Sandinistas) and thus push back against Soviet expansion into Latin America during the Cold War.  This, despite the Reds in the US Congress who did everything to undermine President Reagan's foreign policy of containing communism in the western hemisphere and who were sympathetic to Ortega and his leftist, pro-USSR gov't.

Added bonus:  IIRC Lt Col. North facilitated the sale of US weapons to Iran in an effort to gain release of American hostages in the ME.  Those same weapons were used to kill Iraqis in their 8 year slaughter with the Iranians.  This, while we gave intel to Iraq so they could slay the persians more efficiently.  More dead arabs and persians all around.  Now, who doesn't get wood thinking about the way he smote two (types of) muslims with one stone in a manner which furthered our interests both in the ME and in Latin America?  The man was the epitome of what being a true American really is.

Anyway, if the Contras murdered a leftists priest here and there because they were aiding the communist Sandinistas, then who the fuck cares unless you're a filthy communist?  Fuck them.

For any of you haters out there, I hope this makes you so angry you piss all over yourself.
View Quote
Well said!
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:01:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That's a lot of effort to reply to someone from California about whom you don't even care.

Maybe you're a little testy because you know you're wrong? You know that the military isn't allowed to just go do whatever they please in direct opposition to the direction of the representative government elected by their people? Maybe somewhere, deep down, you know LTC North did something wrong and might not be the best face for the NRA?

Opposition to communists is all well and good. Hell, killing communists is all well and good if that's what has been tasked to you. Those in power in our military doing whatever they please despite what The People's elected representatives say, is something very different and not really that much better than communism. I assume that unlawful orders are still okay to disobey, right? I don't recall the part in the Constitution that said the military could defy Congress as long as they were opposing communism. Congress may be wrong (certainly is and often), but it is essential for the military to remain subservient to civilian government. If you disagree, that's really unfortunate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKIJKQRb53o
The whole thing is great. 8:20, I think, is where you should start. 7:45 isn't bad, either.

Between CA and blasphemy, you've got a lot of redirection going on. Try to focus and stay on the point, yeah?

Edited for god damned grammar (it's lower case, just pretend I'm invoking a different god).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep blathering.  Maybe you'll talk yourself to sleep.

Seriously though, it amazes me how physical geography plays such a prominate role in shaping a person's false perceptions, no matter how incredulous.  It's like an institutionalized collective hysteria.

Just stop, please.  I get it;  you've been taught to fear the military because you don't and cannot understand how it interacts with our government at the executive level.  No need to put your hysteria or ignorance on display.

Stereotypes exist for a reason, BTW, and I'm embarrassed for you.

Don't be that guy.  You're not the constitutional expert you think you are.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:09:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Wish he was replacing Wayne LaPierre instead of Pete Brownell.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:10:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Seriously though, it amazes me how physical geography plays such a prominate role in shaping a person's false perceptions, no matter how incredulous.  It's like an institutionalized collective hysteria.

Just stop, please.  I get it;  you've been taught to fear the military because you don't and cannot understand how it interacts with our government at the executive level.  No need to put your hysteria or ignorance on display.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you anything but ad hominem and guilt by association, or do you have something of substance?

I have no fear of our military, at the moment. I do fear a military that gets it in their head that they can do what they please if they think it's best, and the civilian representatives of The People be damned. If you don't, you do not and cannot understand how the military is supposed to interact with our civilian government. No need to put your insecurity and anger on display.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:13:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I was in the wing so when that came out we all laughed.  That's why it stuck with me.  The media was zomg, sidewinder and we were like yea the ones from Vietnam waiting to be destroyed.  LoL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You disgust me.

It sounds like Lt Col. North sold the iranians Code H DRMO.....

That was pretty brilliant

Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:16:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
heads up! We got us a gook on the wire boys.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:30:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I can support selling outdated weapons to Iran to kill their fellow muslims for eight years.  Keeps them busy while Israel receives the advanced military aid from the United States to defeat either (ETA: Iran or Iraq).

You disgust me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the NRA will have a president that sold arms to Muslim terrorists.

They can eat a dick.
You should take your own advice
Its rather ironic that you have an Israeli flag on your avatar but you find no fault in a guy who helped arm a regime that wants to destroy Israel.

Ollie will be good company to the folks at the NRA that will sell your 2A rights down the river.

I can support selling outdated weapons to Iran to kill their fellow muslims for eight years.  Keeps them busy while Israel receives the advanced military aid from the United States to defeat either (ETA: Iran or Iraq).

You disgust me.
Also well said!  
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:35:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Loyal American?!!!

if thats the case - Dear Iranians - if you are reading this meet me and my partner outside the armory, we'll get you all fixed up to terrorize Americans. No worries about legalities, we're using the proceeds to battle communism - per congress, this is acceptable, we will be branded loyal Americans, given awards, high paying jobs and a radio gig for these actions. Too bad we're not female, that would earn a presidential nomination! If thats the way it is, why the fuck should anybody obey the law?

ETA- based on current state of South America, helluva job brownie! They're doing so well they want to stay put, none of them want to invade USA! LOL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loyal American?!!!

if thats the case - Dear Iranians - if you are reading this meet me and my partner outside the armory, we'll get you all fixed up to terrorize Americans. No worries about legalities, we're using the proceeds to battle communism - per congress, this is acceptable, we will be branded loyal Americans, given awards, high paying jobs and a radio gig for these actions. Too bad we're not female, that would earn a presidential nomination! If thats the way it is, why the fuck should anybody obey the law?

ETA- based on current state of South America, helluva job brownie! They're doing so well they want to stay put, none of them want to invade USA! LOL.
You very obviously were not alive and/or were very young when all of this happened. Terrorism wasn't shit compared to the very real existential threat the commies posed to the world. Still isn't really.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:38:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That coupled with Kraut's inexplicable and unexpected defeat at the ballot box...I think the NRA's on the way out, to live out the remainder of time as a mediocre vestigial organ of the RNC.  Reform seems impossible.

However, without a convincing "800lb gorilla" guilt tripping amd brow beating everyone in the room, maybe some of the *actual* advocacy groups like SAF or (even) GOA can finally get some sunlight to grow on and come into their own.

It needs to be reiterated that the NRA has a large amount of "original sin" in its founding, as far as having little to nothing to do with Everyman Joe's gun rights, and everything to do with the country club.  We have swayed it a good ways from that path, but the tendency has consistently been toward elitism, with a side of creeping disarmament.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:44:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Have you anything but ad hominem and guilt by association, or do you have something of substance?

I have no fear of our military, at the moment. I do fear a military that gets it in their head that they can do what they please if they think it's best, and the civilian representatives of The People be damned. If you don't, you do not and cannot understand how the military is supposed to interact with our civilian government. No need to put your insecurity and anger on display.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me sum things up for you in the easiest way I can:

Liberalism in hard-wired into your DNA.  Your posts are dripping with it, and tonight isn't the first time I've seen it despite the fact I've rightfully ignored you in the past.  I'm neither angry about your progressive values on display here, nor am I insecure about your feelings IRT the civilian-military relationship in our gov't.  I'm old enough to have encountered enough young people like you to know you'll either outgrow what I consider blatant stupidity, or continue to be the cliche you present yourself as now.  Nothing I say will change that trajectory.  As such, the bottom line is that you and your opinion are simply irrelevant to me.

Thinking about it, you seem more concerned that the military presents a greater threat to our Republic than external threats that are openly hostile to our interests.  Seriously, you seem to live in some weird, paranoid alternate reality and frankly,  you're probably not mature enough to own a firearm.  I hope you don't.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:52:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So, you're saying that circumventing a leftist Congress controlled by dimocRats sympathetic to the USSR in order to contain and eradicate communism on the southern border of mexico is high treason?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the NRA will have a president that sold arms to Muslim terrorists.

They can eat a dick.
Total irony.  North did almost exactly the same thing Hillary did; backroom deals to sell missiles to foreign goons against the will of congress (i.e. high treason) under wink/nod orders from the president, and everyone involved likely pocketed some amount of the 'invisible' money along the way for their trouble.

Contras = Syrian Rebels
Cocaine =  Opium
TOW missiles = Stinger missiles
Iranians = Libyan Muslim Brotherhood (i.e. Iranians)

Meanwhile, the darlin' of the Demmunist Party, Chappaquiddick Ted, was actively colluding with the Soviet Union, trading military secrets in exchange for help defeating GOP President Ronald Reagan.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 3:18:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Let me sum things up for you in the easiest way I can:

Liberalism in hard-wired into your DNA.  Your posts are dripping with it, and tonight isn't the first time I've seen it despite the fact I've rightfully ignored you in the past.  I'm neither angry about your progressive values on display here, nor am I insecure about your feelings IRT the civilian-military relationship in our gov't.  I'm old enough to have encountered enough young people like you to know you'll either outgrow what I consider blatant stupidity, or continue to be the cliche you present yourself as now.  Nothing I say will change that trajectory.  As such, the bottom line is that you and your opinion are simply irrelevant to me.

Thinking about it, you seem more concerned that the military presents a greater threat to our Republic than external threats that are openly hostile to our interests.  Seriously, you seem to live in some weird, paranoid alternate reality and frankly,  you're probably not mature enough to own a firearm.  I hope you don't.
View Quote
If you look back on the posts between us in this thread, you'll find that the gravest, and I hope only, insult I have given to you is that you may feel that the military may act outside of what guidance is given by the civilian government. This does not preclude the actions of The People against a government which acts against them, but the distinction is important. A military not beholden to their people is not something to be lauded. Our military is to be lauded. The respect that I have given you comes directly from your service to Our People. If I seem disrespectful, I hope you can see that my disrespect comes only from my love for our Republic.

You can *click* me, but I won't do the same. Much the same as you have noted, I have seen things you've posted in the past, but I continue to read your posts because I do respect your insights, your understanding of certain subjects and what you bring to the table. If you choose to discount anything I say because of where (in America) I live or because I don't agree with you, that's your business. You get to say that a LTC can do what he pleases, in violation of the law, to hurt communism, because he thought it was right, but you don't get to do so without someone speaking up and saying "hey, wasn't that illegal? Isn't there someone better who could be the President of the NRA?".

You can keep calling me a liberal, a communist, whatever and I'll resist the urge to tell you "You queer, you stop calling me a ____ or I'll sock you in the face and you'll stay plastered" like my hero would have. That's only because of the respect I hold for you which is, frankly, wearing thin.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 4:03:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
He fell on his sword
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He fell on his sword
LOL. He orchestrated the entire God damn thing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 4:27:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Is Fawn Hall coming?

Big 1980s hair
http://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnrvsuTKD11qi3twao1_500.jpg
View Quote
She was a looker back in the day. I wonder what she looks like now?
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 5:13:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Damn, a lot of hate in here for a true warrior and patriot fighting commie’s around the globe. The Lt. Colonel is good person that was a fall guy for the greater good. I’ve had the opportunity to meet him several times in the last 20 years, always humble and took the time to talk. The weapons sold to Iran were inoperable and deactivated.

Silver Star Citation:
https://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/23749
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
80s, Iran Contra.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
80s, Iran Contra.
Wish i still had my 1980's joke t-shirt "Ollie for President" . Wonder how absurd they are on ebay...  On the 2nd amendment, Ollie  won't recall anything about _____.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
He was thrown under the bus.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#43]
$5 says he turns out to be a fudd.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Wiki says the charges were vacated. Turned out the DOJ lied and used improper evidence against him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
can he even legally own a gun being a convicted felon?
Wiki says the charges were vacated. Turned out the DOJ lied and used improper evidence against him.
Ya don't say?
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We should have never dropped official support for the Contra.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

80s, Iran Contra.
We should have never dropped official support for the Contra.
The problem was all the Commies in Congress.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yep, Vice President but CEO of the organization.  How to dump his ass?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wayne LaPierre holds the real power.
Yep, Vice President but CEO of the organization.  How to dump his ass?
You have to overcome not only him, but Ackerman-McQueen, the company behind the much-despised constant fundraising letters, emails, and calls to NRA members.  Who do you think most likely paid for the efforts to keep Adam off the Board?
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a safety issue with those TOW missiles, IIRC...  US troops were banned from firing them except from within armored vehicles, seems they had a tendency to explode in the launcher.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He was integral in conceiving and executing the sale of anti tank and aircraft missiles to Iranian dissidents and transferring the proceeds to rebels in Nicaragua. That second part was specifically against Federal Law written by Congress concerning Nicaragua, and perhaps larger a violation of Constitutional provisions which prevent the Executive from going to war independently in both cases. The destruction of evidence and lying to Congress came after all of that.

The idea that he's put at the top of a Conservative organization is just another self-inflicted wound. And of course some people will defend him no doubt even though it's clear as day what he did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He got jammed up for 'lying to Congress' for not divulging information on the Iran-Contra affair.
He was integral in conceiving and executing the sale of anti tank and aircraft missiles to Iranian dissidents and transferring the proceeds to rebels in Nicaragua. That second part was specifically against Federal Law written by Congress concerning Nicaragua, and perhaps larger a violation of Constitutional provisions which prevent the Executive from going to war independently in both cases. The destruction of evidence and lying to Congress came after all of that.

The idea that he's put at the top of a Conservative organization is just another self-inflicted wound. And of course some people will defend him no doubt even though it's clear as day what he did.
Well, there were a lot of guys about 240 years ago that committed a shit-ton of felonies.  Folks around here consider them patriots, so...
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
can he even legally own a gun being a convicted felon?
View Quote
He is not a convicted felon.  Per Wiki:

"North's convictions were vacated, after the appeals court found that witnesses in his trial might have been impermissibly affected by his immunized congressional testimony.[30]"
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I used to wonder "What the hell are they thinking". I've decided that
thinking must not really be a part of the process. What was wrong with Brownell? Did he seem like too much
of an insider? If your going to pick a figurehead, don't pick one that half the world hates. wtf. Wasn't there
an actor or a football player who could do this job?
View Quote
Sadly, R. Lee Ermey recently passed...
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top