Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

900000 acres in 3 days?

That's got to be the worst on record.

Try 3 million in 2 days.

The Great Fire

Can't be possible. Experts like Obama told me these fires were the worst ever because of global warming, and your example was from way back in 1910 before global warming was even a thing.

Link Posted: 9/12/2020 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, it is legal in Portland.  I guess they need to call it a protest and not a road block.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 7:37:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How come the big fires stop when they get to Canada?  They don't have climate change there?
View Quote

Gun control.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 7:42:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got an email from turbothis (Matt Yeamans) and his shop in Talent is gone. He stated all customer property was saved but I’ll be getting my EG Mpi Kit back no idea what stage it’s in. Glad he’s ok.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 7:42:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Unless you're BLM or ANTIFA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless you're BLM or ANTIFA.

Declare your community a Native American enclave. Safety check vehicles traveling through. Win.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How come the big fires stop when they get to Canada?  They don't have climate change there?
View Quote

The first rule of rural justice is not to talk about rural justice.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#7]
The fires are the result of global warming...yet being set by individuals...interesting analysis of cause and effect.

More like social change through crisis management...if you don't have a crisis one can be manufactured for you by our team of experts.

Operation Northwoods of the Kennedy era comes to mind.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 8:41:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well, it is legal in Portland.  I guess they need to call it a protest and not a road block.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It no longer matters. Various places - in Oregon - have shown that they won't lift a finger. Precedent has been set.

Citizens can create checkpoints and there's no police response by and large. The police shouldn't be surprised when the exact idea spreads - even if it's not "their side" doing it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol. LE needs to stay in their lane on this one. This has nothing to do with solving crimes or enforcing laws. This is a militia task.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Local Sheriff video using FLIR cameras. This is just above Estacada, 30 miles east of Porkland.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gq0qgntz4t9rwyk/2020-09-09-FLIRFireFlyover.mp4?dl=0
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lol. LE needs to stay in their lane on this one. This has nothing to do with solving crimes or enforcing laws. This is a militia task.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need to call it a "mostly peaceful" protest.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Can't be possible. Experts like Obama told me these fires were the worst ever because of global warming, and your example was from way back in 1910 before global warming was even a thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

900000 acres in 3 days?

Try 3 million in 2 days.

The Great Fire

Attachment Attached File

@rca2222
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Local Sheriff video using FLIR cameras. This is just above Estacada, 30 miles east of Porkland.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gq0qgntz4t9rwyk/2020-09-09-FLIRFireFlyover.mp4?dl=0
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2020 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Declare your community a Native American enclave. Safety check vehicles traveling through. Win.
View Quote

Safety inspection for invasive plant & aquatic species.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
The irony in telling citizens it's not legal to block roads and stop cars is so thick I can't even cut it with a knife.

Nick
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The irony in telling citizens it's not legal to block roads and stop cars is so thick I can't even cut it with a knife.

Nick
View Quote

No shit
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Rain forecasted for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Can't come soon enough.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I am proud of my community for stepping up with several citizens patrols.
I am at the same time hugely disappointing at the shear number of folks around me whining and complaining at the same time.

From FB
 "guns scare me... "
 "this is America...I;m free to move about freely"
 "Not LE, i'm stopping for no one."
 "I have guests coming over, you can't do this."

Embarrassing, adults sounding like children.

25 years ago, the word was SSS, and shoot first then ask questions.
Those guys are gone.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes. Leave your critical thinking in the back seat. Do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But dont we support speeding up through illegal road blocks?

Dont take it personally. I understand its personal in this instance. Thats not the point. Its not a critical thinking issue. Its hypocritical if we are against road blocks when the enemy does it but support it when its convenient for us.

Arsonists should be shot on sight.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Dont take it personally. I understand its personal in this instance. Thats not the point. Its not a critical thinking issue. Its hypocritical if we are against road blocks when the enemy does it but support it when its convenient for us.

View Quote
It's not hypocritical because "reasons". They block roads in an inexplicable attempt to "call attention" to an issue. They do so to the detriment of others. We block roads for "security". If we were blocking roads to "call attention" to something, then it would be "hypocritical".
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you equating the Antifa/BLM roadblocks with roadblocks set up by people to protect their homes? In what manner are they even remotely equivalent? There is absolutely nothing hypocritical about roadblocks set up to protect your towns, homes, businesses and lives. In your mind, how can Antifa/BLM roadblocks set up to lionize their dead saints even begin to be considered on the same level as people trying to protect themselves from others who are out to kill them?

The needle on your moral compass is way off true north.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a peaceful roadblock, is what it is.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keep in mind that up until now Antifa 'Roadblocks' have been in the CBD / Downtown areas - not in residential areas. One group is protecting their shit, the other is trying to dominate and control an area that they personally have no stake in.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Are you equating the Antifa/BLM roadblocks with roadblocks set up by people to protect their homes? In what manner are they even remotely equivalent? There is absolutely nothing hypocritical about roadblocks set up to protect your towns, homes, businesses and lives. In your mind, how can Antifa/BLM roadblocks set up to lionize their dead saints even begin to be considered on the same level as people trying to protect themselves from others who are out to kill them?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ill wait to see what happens when a friend or family member of a local is not allowed to pass and an issue arises.

Ill eat crow with no shame if it remains professional. And I think would help the use of roadblocks in the future by providing a positive precedent.

Like rally day.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Southern BC gets hammered almost every year too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You know him personally ? You think that is solid info?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of my good friends said people were trying to light his friends field on fire in Sandy and gunfire was exchanged.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/16302/Screenshot_20200911-105314_Message__jpg-1587337.JPG

You know him personally ? You think that is solid info?

I can't verify if the story he told my friend is true.
But my friend isn't known to lie or embellish fwiw.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Edit: I'm 22 pages behind
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Jim is a good dude.

Wonder if it is because he is calling arson and the governor is trying to keep it quiet.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#34]

lots of spin control there....
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BLM blocks roads to inconvenience people in order to make a political statement.

These folks are stopping people to prevent their neighborhoods from being set on fire.

No hypocrisy needed. C'mon man, use your brain.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#36]
When all the pro BLM-Antifa media is synchronized defending BLM-Antifa's innocence...

You know those mofos are guilty as hell.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

900000 acres in 3 days?

Try 3 million in 2 days.

The Great Fire

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/333855/20200909_095204_jpg-1588577.JPG

@rca2222

It was sarcasm.

@sneadhearn
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#38]

You will notice that with increased logging and effective forest management the amount of acres decreased.... Now 30 years of very little logging on federal land and the number of acres triples... funny how that works.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

Yep. They just can't vote while actually locked up. They just have to re-register when they get out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Jim is a good dude.

Wonder if it is because he is calling arson and the governor is trying to keep it quiet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Jim is a good dude.

The replacement ticks all the boxes for a good political officer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#41]
edit

Link Posted: 9/12/2020 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Jim is a good dude.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Jim is a good dude.

Likely.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a difference between racially motivated, hateful obstruction vs. screening for criminal activity.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

BLM blocks roads to inconvenience people in order to make a political statement.

These folks are stopping people to prevent their neighborhoods from being set on fire.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus BLM isn't letting people through, and in some cases attacking them.

I'd still be against it, but if all they were doing is making a nuisance and letting you through after asking who you were I wouldn't be nearly as upset.

This is a state of emergency, and the police aren't doing the job likely because they don't have the manpower. It is what the citizen militia is supposed to do.

Link Posted: 9/12/2020 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jim is a good dude.

Close family friend of mine who was a fire fighter knows the replacement personally, and from what I understand your statement is not correct.
I do not know her, but I know my family friend and trust his word.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 3:55:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You will notice that with increased logging and effective forest management the amount of acres decreased.... Now 30 years of very little logging on federal land and the number of acres triples... funny how that works.
View Quote

It's not just logging, without a natural fire cycle forest land needs to be manage.

Clackamas county has a lot of problems, perhaps the worst is the number of overgrown old Xmas tree plots. 4-6 inch firs  20-30 feet tall, 4 feet apart with dead branches down to the ground.

The USFS has great info on what it takes to make your property more resist to catastrophic fire but almost no body takes it seriously until threatened. Then try forget about it a couple months later.

It's going to take a change in how insurance policies are written to start making a serious change.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top