Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

not quite accurate
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, people inside can't hear you yelling "POLICE!"  They just hear undistinguishable yelling.  

not quite accurate

Do you think Joe citizen has any interest in getting in a shootout with police?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They should start using pizza delivery boys as cop car drivers to make sure they get the right address.
View Quote

The Address Song (sing along) | Learn how to read an address!
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Even more amazing is the number of LEOs that don't know or care about the difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Armed does not equal brandishing or assault. Armed is fine. Amazing there are gun owners that don’t know the difference

Even more amazing is the number of LEOs that don't know or care about the difference.

Indeed. they are often confused of the difference between misdemeanor brandishing and felony ADW as well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So, what if it wasn't the wrong address? Cop announces that the police are at your front door and you answer with a gun in your hand? You're a fucking retard.
View Quote

But it was the wrong address.
11:30 at night, I am answering the door with a gun at the ready with the weapon light on and interior lights off.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Armed does not equal brandishing or assault. Armed is fine. Amazing there are gun owners that don’t know the difference
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm about to get into the assassination business.  
Show up at someone's door at 3 in the morning.  
If they answer the door armed, blast them.
If they are not armed, simply walk away and come back the next night, and the next night, and the next night, UNTIL they get pissed/scared and show up armed....and them BLAST THEM.

https://media.tenor.com/v_h7ocKTs_QAAAAd/i-started-blasting-so-anyway-i-started-blasting.gif

https://media.tenor.com/Qo9KZKsWyTAAAAAM/legal-perfectly-legal.gif

You don’t know if the murder victim was brandishing or pointing his weapon.
You’re making assumptions based on the murderer’s occupation.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Amazon, UPS etc usually attend the address alone.

Here we have TWO officers who both misread the address !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.

Those specific police officers seem to be really bad at that specific time.

I don't know protocol needs to be put into place for this to stop happening but it needs to happen before more random innocent homeowners are killed by the government.

If Amazon, UPS, and Fedex can't solve wrong address issues it's unlikely that you'll be able to statistically eliminate cops showing up at wrong addresses.

It could be reduced for sure, but it's never stopping even if we go by the most extreme requests in this thread like jailing anyone involved in this fuck up for life.

Everyone in this thread should contemplate their tactics for someone banging on their door at night claiming to be police.  These stories are a good opportunity to think about such things.

Don't confuse my post for excusing the officers in this case.  I'm just saying that you won't statistically eliminate this type of event.  It's going to happen no matter what "corrective actions" are applied to the police.  It's a good opportunity to think about what you'd do if someone is banging on your door at night.  

No amount of flogging of the officers involved is going to undead this guy so it's a worthwhile thing to think about.

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Should have released the hounds. While the unidentified strangers were busy with them, the homeowners could have dealt with (the then firing intruders) by calm and accurate rifle fire.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was making a point about generalizing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren’t you in NY?

I was making a point about generalizing.

And ended up making yourself look bad.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Apparently, the deceased person wasn't black
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Amazon etc, doesn't murder people upon arrival. Do they?  I don't know the stats, but I am thinking they don't do that.  

It is incumbent on PD to get it right, at least the right address.  There are checks every step of the way to insure stuff like this.  Who dropped that ball.  Making sure the address is right is a big deal.  

For Amazon and the like its an error that is fixable, and happens with low enough occurrence they are willing to pay that price.  For the cops, in this case shooting somebody, that price is too high.  The company should fold if it happens only a couple of times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.

I don't know protocol needs to be put into place for this to stop happening but it needs to happen before more random innocent homeowners are killed by the government.

If Amazon, UPS, and Fedex can't solve wrong address issues it's unlikely that you'll be able to statistically eliminate cops showing up at wrong addresses.

It could be reduced for sure, but it's never stopping even if we go by the most extreme requests in this thread like jailing anyone involved in this fuck up for life.

Everyone in this thread should contemplate their tactics for someone banging on their door at night claiming to be police.  These stories are a good opportunity to think about such things.

Amazon etc, doesn't murder people upon arrival. Do they?  I don't know the stats, but I am thinking they don't do that.  

It is incumbent on PD to get it right, at least the right address.  There are checks every step of the way to insure stuff like this.  Who dropped that ball.  Making sure the address is right is a big deal.  

For Amazon and the like its an error that is fixable, and happens with low enough occurrence they are willing to pay that price.  For the cops, in this case shooting somebody, that price is too high.  The company should fold if it happens only a couple of times.

I really don't understand why you don't understand my post.  It has nothing to do with assigning fault.  Literally nothing.

Of course it's incumbent on the PD to get the address right.  Of course the consequences are much higher than for Amazon if they don't.  My point is that the probability of it happening may be reduced with corrective actions but it will never be zero so it's worth thinking about your own tactics for when someone is banging on your door at night.  That's it.  I'm not jumping in on the "who's at fault" thing going on in this thread.

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

not quite accurate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, people inside can't hear you yelling "POLICE!"  They just hear undistinguishable yelling.  

not quite accurate

You have perfect comprehension when woken up?  I know I don't.  Even if it's my wife who's right next to me trying to communicate.

Cops can't expect to wake someone up, present them with an unusual situation, and expect a textbook response.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Don’t forget that in either case I bet officers friendly and incompetent probably all blinded the homeowner with flashlights and/or weapon mounted lights.
View Quote

Doubt it....youre likely to see them starting with guns holstered
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The article posted doesn't mention if the police responded to the wrong address by their own mistake, by dispatch's mistake, or by the 911 caller's mistake.

So, are we just going to assume it was the police until we know otherwise?
View Quote

Either way the government murdered a guy.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t forget that in either case I bet officers friendly and incompetent probably all blinded the homeowner with flashlights and/or weapon mounted lights.

I guess we’ll see when the body cam footage is released.

My bet is on unholstered weapons with weapon mounted lights that were illuminated and pointed in when the victim opened the door.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

not quite accurate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not quite accurate

Rather depends onn your house construction, double glazing, hearing loss, background noise such as tv etc
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The article posted doesn't mention if the police responded to the wrong address by their own mistake, by dispatch's mistake, or by the 911 caller's mistake.

So, are we just going to assume it was the police until we know otherwise?

k
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Do you think Joe citizen has any interest in getting in a shootout with police?
View Quote

Do you think cops have any interest in getting into shootouts with Joe Citizen?

Regardless of your answer, that has what to do with your factually incorrect statement that I responded to?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Don't confuse my post for excusing the officers in this case.  I'm just saying that you won't statistically eliminate this type of event.  It's going to happen no matter what "corrective actions" are applied to the police.  It's a good opportunity to think about what you'd do if someone is banging on your door at night.  

No amount of flogging of the officers involved is going to undead this guy so it's a worthwhile thing to think about.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.

Totally agree.

But a wife has lost her husband.

Somebody has to be held accountable.

Mistakes happen. But those making them have to compensate those who are affected.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You don't have the ability to see who is at your door?

You want the police to be wrong because you have a bias.

ETA What makes you believe these cops weren't uniformed and driving marked cars?
View Quote

Nice retread account you fucking cocksucker
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Do you think cops have any interest in getting into shootouts with Joe Citizen?

Regardless of your answer, that has what to do with your factually incorrect statement that I responded to?
View Quote

Of course not.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Didn't that get a woman shot by an officer?
View Quote

Yes, in front of her son I believe
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That's horrible.  So why the mix up of the address?
View Quote

They're cops, not pizza delivery drivers.
Come on man!
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

11:30 at night, I am answering the door with a gun at the ready with the weapon light on and interior lights off.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/stfu-big-1-37.jpg
View Quote

The idea that arfcom thinks it's a good idea to answer a door with a gun pointed towards the person at the door is fucking MIND BLOWING.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sure, because NO WAY would the bad guys yell "police" to get you to open up so they can rob you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, what if it wasn't the wrong address? Cop announces that the police are at your front door and you answer with a gun in your hand?

You're a fucking retard.
Sure, because NO WAY would the bad guys yell "police" to get you to open up so they can rob you.

And there are SEVERAL documented examples of this home invasion technique.

If they yell POLICE, I'm certainly not going to believe them anymore.

I truly think that impersonating a police officer (like yelling POLICE SEARCH WARRANT OPEN UP MUDDA FUKKA) when you aren't should be a hard ten years in prison.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Totally agree.

Mistakes happen. But those making them have to compensate those who are affected.
View Quote

Yet the chimps flinging poo at each other in this thread still do not know WHO is at fault.  The police?  Dispatch? The original 911 caller?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Nice retread account you fucking cocksucker
View Quote

Not once did I change anything I've said. Illiterate.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Totally agree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.

Totally agree.

I'm certainly not arguing with that.  Getting an address wrong on a call like that is a fuck up no doubt and there is definitely a fruit of the poison tree aspect to be argued.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not once did I change anything I've said. Illiterate.
View Quote

Lol may want to re-read that again
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Take the police part out of it.
If some stranger knocks on my door at 11:30 at night looking for their lost spouse, and I show up armed to answer, can they legally shoot me?
View Quote

In this scenario I wouldn’t think the police could legally shoot you let alone a civilian.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol may want to re-read that again
View Quote

I'm assuming he's using retread to describe the slightly altering of one's position to change the underlying meaning, which never happened.

Either way he's a loser that needs to jump to words like cock sucker in internet arguments.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I truly think that impersonating a police officer (like yelling POLICE SEARCH WARRANT OPEN UP MUDDA FUKKA) when you aren't should be a hard ten years in prison. capitol offence
View Quote

fixed
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They screwed up by going to the wrong house.
That said anyone is free to knock on your door anytime of day or night.
View Quote

And you are free to not answer your door.
Which in this case may have been a wise decision.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm assuming he's using retread to describe the slightly altering of one's position to change the underlying meaning, which never happened.

Either way he's a loser that needs to jump to words like cock sucker in internet arguments.
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I took it as you making a new account to post in posts like these
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I took it as you making a new account to post in posts like these
View Quote

Believe whatever you want.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Should be death penalty.

You went to wrong house and murdered someone simply because you saw them legitimately carrying a gun in their own house at night.

No excuse.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Hopefully, I never get in trouble with the law, but if I do, I hope I can do the investigation into myself. While I found I made some mistakes, no laws were broken.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You don't have the ability to see who is at your door?

You want the police to be wrong because you have a bias.

ETA What makes you believe these cops weren't uniformed and driving marked cars?
View Quote
Uniformed? AT 11:30 pm someone in dark shirt and pants could be uniformed.
Marked Cars? https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/fake-cop-tries-pull-over-155210632.html
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The idea that arfcom thinks it's a good idea to answer a door with a gun pointed towards the person at the door is fucking MIND BLOWING.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/stfu-big-1-37.jpg

Nowhere in that post does he say he's pointing a gun at the person at the door.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Rather depends onn your house construction, double glazing, hearing loss, background noise such as tv etc
View Quote

correct. Also factor in location of the person inside the house, the officers location outside
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then why is his weapon mounted light on?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Dirty, corrupt, incompetent, murderous cops probably knew they were at the wrong address and planned to murder the guy. Deceased probably fucked the dirty cops girlfriend in high school and the murderer was just itching to get back at him.
View Quote

Sounds like a good start to a conspiracy theory netflix series.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Didn't that get a woman shot by an officer?
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not ask him directly?

Maybe he stores it separately, and clicks it on.

How about government agents take responsibility for the situation they are creating, and making us respond to?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:06:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Seems like a camera system is absolutely necessary in todays world. If the homeowner had had one, likely he'd still be alive.

God forbid we trust cops to know how to reap a map or street signs.
View Quote
Except cops regularly disable them when they show up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Why not ask him directly?

Maybe he stores it separately, and clicks it on.

How about government agents take responsibility for the situation they are creating, and making us respond to?
View Quote

I quoted him. Then you interjected.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So, probably woken up, have to think everything through and get it all right, because the cops can't go to the right house. House numbers are clearly displayed on the front of house on google maps. Just how much of someone else's stupidity am I responsible for mitigating?
View Quote
Apparently when it comes to LEOs, ALL of IT
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#48]
I am not LE. Obviously. Now...outside of the ghetto how likely is an officer really likely to be fired upon by a rural or suburban home resident? I'm not talking about an active warrant for a felonious individual. In other words, if a marked police car pulled up to a rural home in the country what % do you think they are going to take fire from that home? Why are the officers always so on edge and ready to engage? I would think (not my profession but no one has ever fired at postal employees delivering parcels at midnight to my knowledge) that the odds of a mistake would be a thousand times more likely to occur than to be fired upon by home owners.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I've said the cops were wrong several times regarding the house.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Hopefully, I never get in trouble with the law, but if I do, I hope I can do the investigation into myself. While I found I made some mistakes, no laws were broken.
View Quote

Looks like the state police are investigating the shooting
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top