Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Poor guy...

Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) (Official Video)
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#2]
He turned out not so great.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Vodka.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure how he got so complacent.

Vodka.

And age.

“I’ve done it this way a million times and nothing bad ever happened, you young Russian whipper-snappers just stand back and watch how i.......”
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Coroner’s report states the man died of Covid-19.
View Quote

He voted for Biden in Georgia, too.

See, a few hundred thousand of those "Georgia" votes came from Georgia in the Russian Federation.

Team Biden: "Well hey, 'Georgia' is 'Georgia,' right?"
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Way lube.

Small / low HP lathes stall , add HP and you see what gives.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Damn, you expect this shit from Chinese factories, but not Russian ones.
View Quote

Maybe it’s how the world is , but I felt bad about this guy and then his poor coworker that went to turn the machine off and even slipped in his gore and skin - who knows what he looked down and saw

When it happens in a Chinese factory .  Meh

Russian used to be evil commies
Now they are commie light, if at all
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
RIP.
View Quote

Yup ... rest in pieces.....
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Machinery 101: Long sleeves and gloves will kill your ass.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He turned out not so great.
View Quote

I'm all chucked up about it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Not sure who to feel more sorry for. The guy that had to run through Vlads mist to turn the machine off, or the poor bastard that had to clean up that mess.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#11]
NYET!  Lathe is fine, comrade
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#12]
No.
No.
Nooo.
Nooooooo.
Noooooooooooo.

Fuck that's a lot of blood.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When he first got stuck I'm sure he yelled for help and thought, this sucks and hurts, but at least I am aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

That was terrible.
View Quote
He didn't yell.  He was dead at that point.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wodka makes good breakfast. And lunch.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No.
No.
Nooo.
Nooooooo.
Noooooooooooo.

Fuck that's a lot of blood.

Kharn
View Quote

You know how you squeeze a tube of toothpaste from the bottom up, to get all the remaining toothpaste out?

It was kinda like that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Maybe it’s how the world is , but I felt bad about this guy and then his poor coworker that went to turn the machine off and even slipped in his gore and skin - who knows what he looked down and saw

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That guy had to walk through the stream to turn it off, then he had to take a couple looks cause he couldn't quit figure out what he was looking at.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Machines that will kill you while barely drawing more amps.

Man that's bad.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#18]
rip working man

Industrial lathe...final boss.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Is it me or did he make it worse? Watch around the 52 second mark. He's hung up but the lathe appears frozen, then he moves something like he's trying to get out. Whatever he moved freed the lathe up just enough to come unfrozen and started spinning again.

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Dismount not so good, but he stuck landings 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.....
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#21]
That's sad.  I really didn't need to watch that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That took a dramatic turn for the worse
View Quote

Kind of hard to wrap your head around..
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:55:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That's sad.  I really didn't need to watch that.
View Quote

I'm going to watch it again later and eat potato chips.

(Just kidding.  Yes, it's sad).
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That took a dramatic turn for the worse

This is what I love about this place.

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#25]
As soon as he leaned over it my head went NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#26]
That can't be unseen!  For those who are not sure they want to watch it the video ends with the guy's empty clothes wrapped around the chuck of the lathe and the guy in a couple piles of 5-10lb chunks on either side of the lathe.  Lots of blood spray too.  Kind of wished I had not watched it.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is it me or did he make it worse? Watch around the 52 second mark. He's hung up but the lathe appears frozen, then he moves something like he's trying to get out. Whatever he moved freed the lathe up just enough to come unfrozen and started spinning again.

View Quote
I don't think he moved anything, purposefully.  I think he was dead already and his leg was moving on nerves.  The lathe grabbed his clothing near his left armpit/chest, and folded his head backwards as it drew him in.  What appears to be "frozen" I think the lathe simply broke free of whatever hold it had on him and kept spinning the work piece, though it's impossible to see with the resolution.  Then it grabbed him again as his body shifted back into reach of the work.

ETA a lathe that size, spinning slow enough(low enough gear) that we can see it turning on a video with resolution/framerate that poor, is not going to "stall" out by any human body overcoming the force it's producing.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Blyat!
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Thats hands down the worst one ive seen.  Heavy machinery just wants to eat.  It doesn’t care if its metal, wood, or you.  Its all the same to a machine.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
At first, I thought, that’s not too bad, his arm is kinda mangled, but he’ll be ok. Then.....  not so much.
View Quote

Yep. Went from meh, to fubar in 0.4 seconds!
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Buried in a bucket.  A small bucket.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Uggh, that was brutal.  I don't normally watch these videos, but thought I might be able to learn something from it.  Guy was was obviously complacent and not following safety protocols in the least.  Rotating machinery deserves the utmost respect and will kill you in a second - was drilled into me when I started working on tractors as a young teen and continued on to machine shop in college.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I don't think he moved anything, purposefully.  I think he was dead already and his leg was moving on nerves.  The lathe grabbed his clothing near his left armpit/chest, and folded his head backwards as it drew him in.  What appears to be "frozen" I think the lathe simply broke free of whatever hold it had on him and kept spinning the work piece, though it's impossible to see with the resolution.  Then it grabbed him again as his body shifted back into reach of the work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're probably right. It's probably more humane that way if he's DRT the second it pulls him in. I was just afraid he had a moment of consciousness where he realized he was bound up and tried to get himself out. And then it started spinning again.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm fairly certain the lathe was stalled but applying constant pressure until a bone broke and the lathe continued spinning.  The only consolation is, he was likely very dead as soon as it sucked him down.  Trying to squeeze your head between the work piece and the ways usually results in instant death.

ETA:  I'd imagine the work piece which grabbed his clothing may have started slipping after the initial twist until it found purchase again.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Ooof
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Man that was brutal
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#40]
I started watching, but started thinking about wanting to sleep well tonight and changed my mind.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Holy shit
View Quote

And even that's an understatement!  
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Well, that took a turn for the worst.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Yup at first I was like " how was that deadly" maybe he broke his neck, then it turned to "oh never mind I see now "
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sad thing is, there’s another (much longer) video out there with the same tragic ending.
View Quote

Lots of lathe /equipment accidents on YouTube.
Have to seen the wire puller / spool wrap the guy up and smack him on the floor?
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Jesus...
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#47]
As soon as I saw the big jacket, and him reach over the work I started cringing.

My LeBlond scares the crap out of me, something big like that, holy crap....
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Not going to watch that.
View Quote

Yep, nightmare fuel.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#49]
A maneuvering watch anchor watch got his sound powered phones cable caught in the shaft on one of the fast attacks I was on; luckily we was a pretty buff guy and was able to grab the cord and break it before the shaft ate him.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Lots of lathe /equipment accidents on YouTube.
Have to seen the wire puller / spool wrap the guy up and smack him on the floor?
View Quote

If you are talking about the kid that gets pulled into the spool and goes through 8 or 10 revolutions, that is worst I've ever seen. That and the guy that gets smeared in multiple circles by his forklift. Ugh why do I click these things
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top