BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If General Mattis had ordered (via Tweet) his Colonels to kick out all the Trannys, they would have probably hesitated before executing those orders.

They might have even looked into whether it was a lawful order.

They might have responded with questions, to refine the General's Tweet and to see how to go about making it a formal policy.

If they wanted to do everything possible to execute the General's Tweet, they would probably have done an analysis of the task to see about policy implications and any 2nd and 3rd order effects.

It would not have served the General well, had they simply saluted and said, "aye aye, Sir!"
View Quote
Exactly.

People like to ignore that injunctions had already been entered against DoD and the Armed Forces over transgender policy. You know this, but for the uninitiated - - they had to proceed slowly and do a very thorough review to be able to map out a policy that would allow them to comply with Trump's order while not violating an existing injunction or throwing one of the existing court cases firmly into the loss territory.

Mattis literally did everything right to make it so Trump could implement his policy. Most people lack that kind of wisdom, patience, and understanding of how to dodge federal court landmines to make something happen over the protests of liberals. Yet the tards here act as if Mattis fucked it up.

If suggest that people actually try learning about what Mattis did, but we both know that won't change anyone's mind.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Lol. GD is GDing. Fuck Mattis.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really??? Country of 320 million people and you think ot goes to shit because one senior citizen retires??
Lol. GD is GDing. Fuck Mattis.
Just remember a certain amount of people in here are trolling libs trying to make dissent and it works.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good. Mattis didn’t do shit to end the blatant SJW policies within the DoD.
View Quote
He didn't have the intestinal fortitude to tell Congress to piss off with the retard SJW garbage that is the #1 challenge for the military and DoD.

We need someone who will clear out all the plants as part of the social experimentation, and get back to the type of culture we had in the 1980s military under Reagan, where conducting combat operations was the primary focus above all.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Weren't Mattis and Tillerson for keeping the Obama's Iran deal intact?

If that was true, good firing for both of them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry but when someone insists we stay in Afgjanistan, Iraq, Syria, etc. While being completely cucked to defending our own border you can gtfo.

Every single one of these fuckers would love to be in every country the world over for decades if not centuries if they had their way.
View Quote
This. If you want to stay in Syria and Afghan forever, send your kids to die there. When they do, ask yourself what was accomplished. What is winning? What is the endgame?

All the while the DOD, that Mattis is in charge of, continually rejected defending our own border. He can get fucked with Pelosi, Schumer and Obama.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Pentagon brass upset that a civilian actually commands the military, are purging themselves out of principle lol

Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I thought the warrior monk was going to really push out all of the bull shit of the Obama administration but he hasn't done shit. I have been very disappointed with his performance as Sec Def.
View Quote
I had this same conversation with a senior retired Marine of high repute years ago, and he was not impressed when he spoke with Mattis personally, asking him how he was going to deal with actual internal threats.

Time to get someone with actual stones to do what it takes to make the US military an effective fighting force it is capable of, with recruiting that doesn't pander to mentally ill and deviants who will be nothing but problems for their already incompetent chains of command after decades of social engineering and Equal Opportunity Employment quotas being pushed over merit as a rule.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If I find myself disagreeing with SECDEF Mattis on anything military in nature, I’m going to assume I’m wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Read the letter.

He says in no uncertain terms why he resigned, and how his beliefs were at odds with the ideas and actions of the President.

Trump is a fool for ignoring Mattis.
Is Mattis infallible or is he right? What if the majority of the US disagrees with him?
If I find myself disagreeing with SECDEF Mattis on anything military in nature, I’m going to assume I’m wrong.
So if you disagree with experts on such topics as global warming, pollution, economics, immigration, etc., we are to assume you're wrong. Appeal to authority.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pentagon brass upset that a civilian actually commands the military, are purging themselves out of principle lol

View Quote
War is too important to be left to the politicians. It’s also too important to be left to the generals. What we need to do is cancel the fighter pilot mafia!
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Weren't Mattis and Tillerson for keeping the Obama's Iran deal intact?

If that was true, good firing for both of them.
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Where is Mattis going next, CNN or MSNBC?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Once upon a time, regime change was our policy.

Then Obama invited the Russians in to "help" get rid of the chemical weapons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had we pounded the crap out of Assad, after he crossed Obama's "red line," we would be in a different situation altogether.

We still might be in there fighting ISIS, but there wouldn't be any Russians there.
Seems like we are just going to have to live with Assad...…….

Russians you say?
I want an investigation!

Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
RDak, this post from you is so on-brand; I've never seen a single post ("tell me what to believe!") so completely summarize a poster's entire body of work on this site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I admit Mattis did appear to be a bit of a leftie but Cincinnatus has been in the military for 32 years and he says otherwise.

So who am I supposed to fucking believe...…..my limited knowledge of only "knowing" him based solely on seeing him on TV, etc., or someone who has been active military for 32 years who might ACTUALLY know him?

I would imagine most people would rely on Cincinnatus's opinion over mine...…...right?
RDak, this post from you is so on-brand; I've never seen a single post ("tell me what to believe!") so completely summarize a poster's entire body of work on this site.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I disagree with that Tweet.

Mattis is NOT resigning over the President's National Security policies.

He is disagreeing with the President's surprise departures FROM his National Security policies.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'll bet they won't punish their soldiers for punching a terrorist.
View Quote
Maybe. Or they might make him disappear if he embarrasses them.
And they will be quite comfortable with feeding their soldiers into a meat grinder for their own whims or expediency.

But yeah, for punching a terrorist.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Lol two years ago

"Mattis is the bestest eva!!!" On ar15.com

Now its all"hes a democratic loser who did align with our dipshit in chief so he's an idiot"
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lol two years ago

"Mattis is the bestest eva!!!" On ar15.com

Now its all"hes a democratic loser who did align with our dipshit in chief so he's an idiot"
View Quote
Arfcom is a harsh mistress. How the turn tables!
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Arfcom is a harsh mistress. How the turn tables!
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Once again most of GD mistakes talking big shit for doing big shit.  Mattis did shit:
supported Iran deal
did not reduce SJW impact: no reduction is SHARP training, etc.; still pushing women through combat arms/SOF training.
Same old - same old in A'stan.
Rejected defending our southern border.

But, he talked tough, so GD fellated him.

Na na na na na na na na
Hey hey hey goodbye
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#20]
He was supposed to be some ruthless mythical man of war and The dude turned out to be an overhyped liberal
Lightweight

Meh total letdown

“I keep others awake at night”

Lol give me a break
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Make Wes. Clark the next Sec. Def.  He is a total Democrat, but if Trump said I'll give you a pretty ribbon if you nuke the middle east; it would be a glowing crater by supper.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

While you are not wrong about the first part, they absolutely gave a shit.

I'm gay. I lived in military towns. I knew gay military. Remember that fiasco in Beaufort SC? Where there was a "sting" type operation and they attempted to purge the corps of lesbians? They made a movie about it. The book was called "Conduct unbecoming"

I was there. I knew those people. I knew all the details and distortions, how it was presented in the press, yada yada.

NCIS (its not like on TV) followed people around, staked out places in Beaufort SC where they may go, like Jay's place, and The Yankee". They didn't have people there to investigate murders like on TV. It was all about teh ghey.

The WM's didn't acknowledge my presence in public because they thought it would put a target on their back. Ironically I wasn't in the military, nobody gave a shit about me and nobody got kicked out because of me.

I've had a few relationships with women Marines, know a lot of Marines of both genders and orientations. I (and others) would pretend to be involved with a gay person of the opposite sex for cover. There were even a couple of fake marriages.

So they absofuckinglutly gave a shit. GD gives a shit too, I've been here a long time, I read the threads of obsession with teh ghey. You can find them at any moment on the first page. They care about them in the military, they care about them on TV sitcoms. . . the top 3 GD triggers are, black people, women, and teh ghey. I don't know which one GD hates worse.

But I don't care about that. My skin is so hard it's now a chitonous exoskeleton. But don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining. The military cared about the orientation of it's members so much they had investigators whose sole purpose was to follow people around and catch them.

We get it, you don't like Trump. Don't pretend all of a sudden nobody cares about trannys in the suck.
View Quote
Possibly a different perspective.
I know all kinds of stuff we consider common knowledge that non-gun people think is ridiculous conspiracy stuff. Other people just don't know.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Watching the fucking MSM you'd think Mattis and Trump had a screaming fight and he stormed out, quitting immediately!  He's leaving in FEBRUARY, not immediately!

And, yeah, he couldn't handle Trump's 4D chess where bad guys could possibly become allies and long-time allies could be called for their weasel bullshit and fall from grace.

Oh well, enjoy post-retirement life, Gen Mattis, you have earned your rest!
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Watching the fucking MSM you'd think Mattis and Trump had a screaming fight and he stormed out, quitting immediately!  He's leaving in FEBRUARY, not immediately!

And, yeah, he couldn't handle Trump's 4D chess where bad guys could possibly become allies and long-time allies could be called for their weasel bullshit and fall from grace.

Oh well, enjoy post-retirement life, Gen Mattis, you have earned your rest!
View Quote
You mean the 4D Chess where Russia and China become our "allies"?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't particularly dislike Mattis, and when he was nominated I was pretty excited to see what he'd do... unfortunately I didn't really see much in the "action" department, and his opinions turned out to be (or perhaps always were) contrary to what I voted for Trump to undo. So I don't wish him ill, but I'm not sad to see him go.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If General Mattis had ordered (via Tweet) his Colonels to kick out all the Trannys, they would have probably hesitated before executing those orders.

They might have responded with questions, to refine the General's Tweet and to see how to go about making it a formal policy.

If they wanted to do everything possible to execute the General's Tweet, they would probably have done an analysis of the task to see about policy implications and any 2nd and 3rd order effects.

It would not have served the General well, had they simply saluted and said, "aye aye, Sir!"
View Quote
I don't believe Thucydides would approve of your answer.
I know my superior officers would not have accepted such an answer.
Perhaps both you and the general are measures of just how far the U.S. military have fallen in the last half century.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Perhaps both you and the general are measures of just how far the U.S. military have fallen in the last half century.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your Officers would have definitely have approved of that answer.

They would have demanded it, unless they were corrupt and incompetent.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm seeing Spencer - SECNAV and Wilson - SECAF (would be first female) as possible nominees
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Nothing is ever Trump's fault.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#30]
The easy choice is Deputy:  Shanahan

The next easy choice is Pompeo.

He will fight the urge to nominate famous TV Generals, but you never know.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The easy choice is Deputy:  Shanahan

The next easy choice is Pompeo.

He will fight the urge to nominate famous TV Generals, but you never know.
View Quote
Keene said he's out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
He didn't have the intestinal fortitude to tell Congress to piss off with the retard SJW garbage that is the #1 challenge for the military and DoD.

We need someone who will clear out all the plants as part of the social experimentation, and get back to the type of culture we had in the 1980s military under Reagan, where conducting combat operations was the primary focus above all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good. Mattis didn’t do shit to end the blatant SJW policies within the DoD.

But dude, what about the cool memes111???
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Someone earlier on in this thread made a comment about Mattis wanting to keep military style weapons out of the hands of civilians.

I could not find anything on the interwebs to support that.

Does anyone have a link?
View Quote
No because its either a lie or they are stupid and got him confused with McChrystal.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do they?

"Mattis is the last brake on a president that makes major life-and-death decisions by whim without reading, deliberation, or any thought as to consequences and risks," said a senior U.S. national-security official on Thursday, who spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to talk freely. "The saving grace is that this president has not been tested by a major national-security crisis. But it will come, and when it does, we are fucked."
I know, the useful idiocy in GD the last few days is astounding.  Many seem to have bought into the leftist 24/7 media narrative now that their cow is gored, OMG chaos! OMG corruption!, OMG he doesn't know what he is doing! OMG his administration is going to implode! OMG OMG OMG!

Just goes to show if you say something often and long enough....
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had we pounded the crap out of Assad, after he crossed Obama's "red line," we would be in a different situation altogether.

We still might be in there fighting ISIS, but there wouldn't be any Russians there.

The Russians were not going to let Assad fall, they have had a close partnership with that regime for decades and use Tartus as a naval outpost.  All this you know, and you know we were not going to push regime change to a point that it would have significantly escalated tensions.  We also had to contend with the specter of who exactly would be taking over, and what would that look like.  After Libya and Egypt, these were very legitimate concerns.  Regime change was never a serious consideration, just occasional lip service in order to keep up appearances....that we cared.  Countering ISIS and filling the western Syrian vacuum to upset Iranian intentions was always our main objective there IMO.  The other was not feasible, nor was the public going to get on board.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It is rather simple. The United States and other countries goals for the region are not the same. The United States has accomplished our goal so now it is time for us to pick up our toys and go home.
View Quote
Why lie about it and too obviously?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You are the smartest man alive. Somehow his strategies are working despite your prognostications
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I did some checking up on a couple of Trump’s National Security advisors reaction to this news and I’m a bit surprised at how shaken they are but they still have confidence in POTUS despite their opposition to these decisions, so the sky isnt falling
Yeah getting fired sucks. No surprises they want to keep their jobs.
They are surprised that the President would undermine his own strategy.

We see this with how he’s handling the Wall and Congress.  We saw it with Obamacare repeal, and we see it with National Defense.

Trump’s tactical Tweets and unscripted pronouncements scuttle his strategies (when there are strategies).

Then his subject matter experts have to clean up the mess.
You are the smartest man alive. Somehow his strategies are working despite your prognostications
Define working.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No because its either a lie or they are stupid and got him confused with McChrystal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone earlier on in this thread made a comment about Mattis wanting to keep military style weapons out of the hands of civilians.

I could not find anything on the interwebs to support that.

Does anyone have a link?
Yea if it were true we would have had 10 threads on page 1 about it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I think it is interesting how people are just making shit up about Mattis' handling of transgender policy, or are so dedicated to kissing Trump's ass that they can't do their own research to find out whether or not that Baby Boomer meme on Mattis is true.

I don't know if it is deliberate misinformation, stupidity, or because people get their news from Facebook. Or, even, a mixture of all three.

Mattis didn't screw anything up with the transgender issue. In fact, he handled it better than anyone ever dreamed the admin would be able to. Effectively, all the lawsuits and litigation are now dead. So, a Federal Court judge is NOT going to be the one who makes DoD policy.

Mattis put together a study group with officers and enlisted, but he more or less let VP Pence and Perkins run the show. They came up with a policy that lets the current people serving stay in (this was to satisfy current court injunctions and settle the cases), cuts off surgeries after a certain date (deadline has already passed), doesn't let new transgender individuals join, and kicks out anyone serving who comes out as transgender.

I know GD prefers that all trans, gay, and lesbian people get tossed out of helicopters, but that's a moronic fantasy unhinged from the real world and federal court orders. Mattis didn't fuck up anything with transgender service members. On the contrary, he allowed DoD to thread a needle and to implement the policy that Trump wanted.

Pence and Perkins did the report for Mattis.
View Quote
It's straight up stupidity and lies because they worship this big spoiled baby man.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Stole this from DV
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I admit Mattis did appear to be a bit of a leftie but Cincinnatus has been in the military for 32 years and he says otherwise.

So who am I supposed to fucking believe...…..my limited knowledge of only "knowing" him based solely on seeing him on TV, etc., or someone who has been active military for 32 years who might ACTUALLY know him?

I would imagine most people would rely on Cincinnatus's opinion over mine...…...right?
Indeed. So pathetic and he didn't even catch it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Make Wes. Clark the next Sec. Def.  He is a total Democrat, but if Trump said I'll give you a pretty ribbon if you nuke the middle east; it would be a glowing crater by supper.
View Quote
You and Trump supporting democrats wouldn't be any surprise either.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
When the 'civilian in charge' orders American military to 'seize weapons of war', we certainly don't want anybody who has those... whatchmacallem...principles.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The Russians were not going to let Assad fall, they have had a close partnership with that regime for decades and use Tartus as a naval outpost.  All this you know, and you know we were not going to push regime change to a point that it would have significantly escalated tensions.  We also had to contend with the specter of who exactly would be taking over, and what would that look like.  After Libya and Egypt, these were very legitimate concerns.  Regime change was never a serious consideration, just occasional lip service in order to keep up appearances....that we cared.  Countering ISIS and filling the western Syrian vacuum to upset Iranian intentions was always our main objective there IMO.  The other was not feasible, nor was the public going to get on board.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You leave out the fact that WE accepted the Russian proposal to eliminate the chem weapons.  They were not on the ground until then.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Apparently the last straw for Mattis was when the Turkish Defense Minister said that a Turkey was going to slaughter the Kurds and throw them in ditches when the US pulled out. Mattis met with Trump and was reportedly livid. Mattis tried to change Trump's mind, Trump refused, Mattis gave him the resignation letter.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Apparently the last straw for Mattis was when the Turkish Defense Minister said that a Turkey was going to slaughter the Kurds and throw them in ditches when the US pulled out. Mattis met with Trump and was reportedly livid. Mattis tried to change Trump's mind, Trump refused, Mattis gave him the resignation letter.
View Quote
If Turkey said that why would Trump go ahead and pull out anyways? Doesn't make sense and why would Mattis say we need to show respect towards our allies when they are shitting all over us out in the open?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If Turkey said that why would Trump go ahead and pull out anyways? Doesn't make sense and why would Mattis say we need to show respect towards our allies when they are shitting all over us out in the open?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would Trump care what happens to the Kurds?

As for Mattis, the Kurds are our allies. They were the only ones beating ISIS during the Obama years.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Do they?

"Mattis is the last brake on a president that makes major life-and-death decisions by whim without reading, deliberation, or any thought as to consequences and risks," said a senior U.S. national-security official on Thursday, who spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to talk freely. "The saving grace is that this president has not been tested by a major national-security crisis. But it will come, and when it does, we are fucked."
View Quote
Was a reference to Trump’s national security team which I’ll continue to monitor over time
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Mattis, who Trump described as a "bit of a Democrat":

- Nomination universally supported by Democrats and NeverTrumpers
- Involved in the Theranos scam
- Fought Trump to keep Transgendered troops in the military
- Fought Trump on sending troops to secure the border during the caravan
- Caught going behind Trump's back to try and hire CNAS Obama flunkies at DOD
- Pushed the "Global Warming is the REAL enemy" line
- Fought Trump on his campaign promise of ending the Afghanistan War

If you're throwing a tantrum over his exit, you're in the company of Democrats and NeverTrumpers.
Think about that.
View Quote
I’m indifferent to Mattis leaving but the Democrats have wanted an end to Afghanistan since day 1. Holy fuck balls. Were you sleeping during Obama’s 8 years?
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top