BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 44
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:44:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The same Abbott that was advocating for red flag laws and crap after the school shooting (and I think he also brought something up after El Paso)? That Abbott?
View Quote
Thanks for your input, california....
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:45:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Very interesting that "they" are releasing zero information on the suspect.  It is obvious that it was not planned, just spurred by being pulled over.  This person may have never done it if not for the traffic stop.  He could been killed in some other criminal activity in the future before taking it out on society as a whole.

This guy probably has a rap sheet longer than the desert list at The Cheesecake Factory and something is being cleaned up before we'll be told.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:46:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No one said you have to get permission. Real life isn't a movie, and lots of variables are at play. Grow up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So stupid fuck says I have to get permission when bad guy (s) start firing on
my vehicle, while traveling with my family, on any local, state, or interstate hiways?  Ban yourself now before facing more public humiliation.
No one said you have to get permission. Real life isn't a movie, and lots of variables are at play. Grow up.
Yeah so we can be statistics like the Midland folks.  Ask them how there doing (sorry insensitive comment)
Well just run a private background check before being wounded or murdered, before defending our lives.  How many variables must we evaluate before my family is exterminated or maimed for life?   When do I get to fear for my life?  Ass hol e.  I'm sure you'll capitulate to the murderers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:55:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Very interesting that "they" are releasing zero information on the suspect.  It is obvious that it was not planned, just spurred by being pulled over.  This person may have never done it if not for the traffic stop.  He could been killed in some other criminal activity in the future before taking it out on society as a whole.

This guy probably has a rap sheet longer than the desert list at The Cheesecake Factory and something is being cleaned up before we'll be told.
View Quote
Ban traffic stops!
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:57:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah so we can be statistics like the Midland folks.  Ask them how there doing (sorry insensitive comment)
Well just run a private background check before being wounded or murdered, before defending our lives.  How many variables must we evaluate before my family is exterminated or maimed for life?   When do I get to fear for my life?  Ass hol e.  I'm sure you'll capitulate to the murderers.
View Quote
Maybe time to get some sleep
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 2:14:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So stupid fuck says I have to get permission when bad guy (s) start firing on
my vehicle, while traveling with my family, on any local, state, or interstate hiways?  Ban yourself now before facing more public humiliation.
Are you always like this, or do current events just have you feeling a bit emotional?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 2:28:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Amen, and GOD Bless this gentleman. I wish he was my State representative.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 2:29:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I honestly think they caught something bigger than they expected. It's most likely why we haven't seen anything.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 2:40:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks a state.

Walks away laughing, thinks poster should clean up his backyard first before worrying about others.

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In no way will that guy fold.

If Governor Abbott is willing to listen to ideas, it would be your idea of what should we do with crazies, known criminals, and damn illegals.

I stand with Governor Abbott.
The same Abbott that was advocating for red flag laws and crap after the school shooting (and I think he also brought something up after El Paso)? That Abbott?
Looks a state.

Walks away laughing, thinks poster should clean up his backyard first before worrying about others.

LOL
Yes, my State excuses Abbott advocating for gun control after a shooting, or someone feeling he's solid enough despite that to stand with him (figuratively, anyways).  Uh, huh.  Sure.

California's gun control regimen, in any case, was solidified before I was even old enough to vote.  Even so, I actually volunteered and did work to try and fight our more recent gun laws.  I think some of you folks in TX take the status quo for granted.  Political trends don't justify such an attitude, unfortunately.

I actually do care what happens to Texas (and any other free State, really).  Texas is on my short list of States to which I would consider moving once I'm able to leave California.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 2:41:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I honestly think they caught something bigger than they expected. It's most likely why we haven't seen anything.
View Quote
Agreed.  This story is so bizarre I had to read several reports before I convinced myself I didn't instantly lose the ability to comprehend.  We may never hear more than we already know.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 2:41:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
The guy was known to police. He’s gonna be a frequent flyer. They won’t release anything until tomorrow unless there’s a leak.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 2:50:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That doesn't make it any less retarded than trying to piss while hanging upside down from your ankles.
View Quote
in the Oklahoma cops case it worked, the guy had been on the loose for a couple days killed a couple people and that was what finally took him down I can't argue with it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 2:58:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Amen, and GOD Bless this gentleman. I wish he was my State representative.
View Quote
Nice...all i got are 3 fat marxist cunts that want to give free drugs to druggies....
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 4:02:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 4:36:25 AM EDT
[#15]
This is kinda weird.

Local article on the shooting mentioned this AP / USA Today / Northeastern University (MA) "mass shooting database"

They claim it's the "most accurate database", yet only approved journalists can access it. They say public access down the road. Why not now?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 4:41:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd say pedo white hispanic
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 5:15:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Stranger Things have happened....

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guy was known to police. He’s gonna be a frequent flyer. They won’t release anything until tomorrow unless there’s a leak.
Stranger Things have happened....

Click To View Spoiler
So the dude was a pedo? What did he ties to the Clintons? Epstein? Or is this a case of the Democrats protected class, aka all the things they stand for?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 6:06:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Care to cite your sources?

Abbott never 'advocated for red flag laws'. He merely mentioned that, in the meeting they had, it was brought up - and he wasn't even the one that brought it up. That's not 'advocating for' anything.

There were people there from both sides of the issue including the GOA and the TSRA. Both of them published press releases on what transpired in the meeting. Abbott did little more than listen to all the participants.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They need time to scrub his social media history and remove him from the Democrat voting list.
View Quote
I don't think you are too far off from the truth.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 6:37:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
My bet is that the shooter is an illegal that has been deported umpteen times already.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Scott fucked us because of the promised support for his senate run from big cat republican donors that are not 2A supporters for us deplorables but have hundreds of NFA Items themselves.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 6:41:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He dropped this tid bit and just as fast dip and dots out of the thread..... And this was long after the suspect was dropped dead... Really wish people would stay on topic when it comes to this shit and stop derailing threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Something else is going on.....shit ton of cops just blew down the road
Quoted:
Heard shots fired outside
I am going to go with you are here to just shit post since you did not post anything else...
Maybe he Fo'd
He dropped this tid bit and just as fast dip and dots out of the thread..... And this was long after the suspect was dropped dead... Really wish people would stay on topic when it comes to this shit and stop derailing threads.
Or maybe that was all there was to it.  Sorry I didnt stick my head outside and give you play by play.  But I'm sure you're the badass when it happens in your block you'll give us the POV vertical video right?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Or maybe that was all there was to it.  Sorry I didnt stick my head outside and give you play by play.  But I'm sure you're the badass when it happens in your block you'll give us the POV vertical video right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Something else is going on.....shit ton of cops just blew down the road
Quoted:
Heard shots fired outside
I am going to go with you are here to just shit post since you did not post anything else...
Maybe he Fo'd
Or just say that? That there was nothing else going on instead of and all clear on your end instead of two bits of info and then nothing else after....
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Julian Castro, the former secretary of Housing and Urban Development, called the shootings "heartbreaking" as initial reports rolled in. Later Saturday evening, he tore into Senate Republicans on Twitter, asking them rhetorically: "What is the number? How many Americans are you willing to sacrifice to the NRA?"
View Quote
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-react-to-mass-shooting-in-west-texas

Typical slander by the Left.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:10:30 AM EDT
[#26]
I gave the address where I was hearing the shots.  Turns out it was the blue pickup they were chasing.  Again....sorry for not giving play by play for you children.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Run this dude for president in 2024 2020.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Run this dude for president in 2024 2020.
Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Care to cite your sources?

Abbott never 'advocated for red flag laws'. He merely mentioned that, in the meeting they had, it was brought up - and he wasn't even the one that brought it up. That's not 'advocating for' anything.

There were people there from both sides of the issue including the GOA and the TSRA. Both of them published press releases on what transpired in the meeting. Abbott did little more than listen to all the participants.
View Quote
His speech I heard over the radio after an older shooting (pretty sure it was the HS shooting). Heard it live over the radio.

ETA: Seemed like it was not received well at the time and he dropped it, but once a politician even brings up the possibility of doing something like that, any trust I might have in them on the issue tends to evaporate, like with Crenshaw.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:27:30 AM EDT
[#29]
15 hours after the fact, and we still do not know much of anything.

Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Live local coverage will start at 7 am local time with a press conference that should start at 10 local time   https://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Authorities-responding-to-reports-of-active-shooter-in-Odessa-558964771.html
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:31:06 AM EDT
[#31]
So, Vegas 2.0  huh? Figures.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So, Vegas 2.0  huh? Figures.
View Quote
Nothing like that yet
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:33:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
15 hours after the fact, and we still do not know much of anything.

View Quote
After reading the whole thread, it's still not clear to me what happened.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is not wrong.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Summary  https://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Authorities-responding-to-reports-of-active-shooter-in-Odessa-558964771.html
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:37:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

He is not wrong.
View Quote
Link to Abbott passing red flag laws
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:40:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is not wrong.
Abbott could have shut those meetings down by now but he has not.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:42:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Here is what I gather happened, but a lot of details missing...

TX-DPS pulls over car for illegal turn signal usage
Driver of car slows down like he is pulling over
Driver instead starts shooting at cops through rear of car injuring one of the officers
Driver speeds off from Midland, towards Odessa
Driver proceeds to shoot at police, cars randomly along the way, he decided to just say FUCK IT and create chaos
Driver finds a USPS mail carrier, shoots her killing her
Driver abandons his car and steal the USPS van, still randomly shooting at police and civilians
Driver goes to movie theater in Odessa
Driver is rammed by Odessa hero Officer
Driver is killed.

5 dead, 21 injured
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:42:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In no way will that guy fold.

If Governor Abbott is willing to listen to ideas, it would be your idea of what should we do with crazies, known criminals, and damn illegals.

I stand with Governor Abbott.
LOL! Get back in your lane and fix YOUR state.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Abbott could have shut those meetings down by now but he has not.
View Quote
Yeah but instead he has given everyone a chance to say what they wanted to and listened. So far he has done nothing to remove anyone's rights.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

i just became a fan.

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#42]
The Democrats are screaming for McConnell to bring the "universal background check" bill to a vote.

Can someone explain how mandatory firearms registration and a mandatory background check to obtain a firearm would have prevented the mass shooting yesterday?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#43]
I think the live stream has started  https://www.cbs7.com/livestream
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They released a photo of the shooter

CoC #7

Posting topics or discussions that do the site or community harm.

More specifically creating topics and or replies meant to disrupt the Site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or the ability of the Site to function normally. This can include but is not limited to posting overly large photos or .gif files, excessive emoticons, or the use of repetitive or overly long text strings. It can also be the posting of threads or replies, in which it appears that the sole purpose is to provoke other members, or to damage the image and/or reputation of the site.

~MIAMI_JBT

Don't post such memes in this thread. It diverts legitimate information, is viewed as trolling, and just causes problems.
This

Posting memes

Lol
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:10:07 AM EDT
[#45]
The silence is telling.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:10:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Scott fucked us because of the promised support for his senate run from big cat republican donors that are not 2A supporters for us deplorables but have hundreds of NFA Items themselves.....
View Quote
There was also a certain president involved.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Julian Castro, the former secretary of Housing and Urban Development, called the shootings "heartbreaking" as initial reports rolled in. Later Saturday evening, he tore into Senate Republicans on Twitter, asking them rhetorically: "What is the number? How many Americans are you willing to sacrifice to the NRA?"
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-react-to-mass-shooting-in-west-texas

Typical slander by the Left.
Just reply, "everyone."

Rhetorical questions require rhetorical answers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The Democrats are screaming for McConnell to bring the "universal background check" bill to a vote.

Can someone explain how mandatory firearms registration and a mandatory background check to obtain a firearm would have prevented the mass shooting yesterday?
View Quote
The fact that they are screaming about doing something yet nobody knows anything yet is typical.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Every day I wake up between paychecks and wonder to myself: "self, when is the next massacre going to take place?  Will I have time to get ahead (materially) of the narrative before Congress feels is given the excuse to use the latest MASCAS event to enact more restrictive legislation?"

Fuck me running.  This shit isn't random, and you're a fool to think it is.  The "sharks" smell blood.

Fuck...
View Quote
This. The Cabal is done playing nice with Trump and his supporters. Back to work on finishing off America as a threat to their plan.

It WILL get worse. IED’s are next, IMO, when confiscation fails and Trump gets re-elected. They’re guessing that the sheep will rush into the open arms of an autocrat who “will keep them and their children safe”.

TC
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:18:56 AM EDT
[#50]
CBS7 just said the bad guy shot himself.
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top