BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just finished my second viewing of the last two episodes of season 4, and there was a lot to take in. I have been consistently impressed with this series so far, and the latest season did not disappoint. Big time spoilers below:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

That big black nothing scene you mention.  That chilled the shit out of me when I thought about it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I believe this is correct. The floating clocks and house pieces is inside of a "dream" or whatever when Vecna does that Matrix thing to tap into our dimension.

I liked all the parallels they gave Vecna to Freddy Krueger. His left hand is like the Freddy Blade glove. He attacks through a sleep/trance. He has a burned body. Ect ect.
View Quote
not to mention casting the actual Freddy Kreuger was fucking brilliant
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Eddie Lives!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Eddie Lives!!
View Quote

Say what?
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Say what?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eddie Lives!!

Say what?

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife has a interesting theory for next season:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I loved it. It’s absolutely amazing.

Big stranger things fan
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Current rumor is ~January 2023. But I start a different show with a few of the producers of ST next week so I'll pick their brains.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Proto3 Any word on when they're going to start shooting season 5?

Current rumor is ~January 2023. But I start a different show with a few of the producers of ST next week so I'll pick their brains.

The Talisman?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I was hoping the surfer pizza guy was going to die in a hail of bullets in the desert
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
That's one of the prevailing theories running around.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's one of the prevailing theories running around.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 12:07:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’m wondering now if Will is gay, or does he know he’s connected to the upside down world.
I still remember from the first or second season with he coughed up something that crawled down the drain.
View Quote

He's gay for Mike. His speech to Mike when he presented him his painting confirmed that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best part of the finale
Agreed. It was perfect. One of my favorite scenes of the entire series. But I'm a big Metallica fan.

The finale was great. Really good. I'll probably watch it again at some point this weekend to look for more Easter eggs.  Robin is dressed up like somebody but I can't put my finger on who. With the beret and all. I know there is a reference there somewhere.  At first I thought it was a nod to The Legend of Billie Jean, but I checked and that's not it.

There's also a really good nod to the original "It" movie at the end.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/4019/MV5BMTQwMTUxNDYzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjAx-2438878.JPG

They put Robin in British DPM pants, though. Must not have wanted online autists shrieking about Rhodesian camo pants.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He's gay for Mike. His speech to Mike when he presented him his painting confirmed that.
View Quote

Pretty sure Mike knows it too. There was a brief exchange between the two in the third season where he and Mike were arguing and Mike told him he knew he wasn’t into girls and that was fine but that he was. I wish I could remember where that scene is exactly.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 12:17:18 AM EDT
[#15]
There are of course a lot of references to 70s and 80s media in the show, like Carrie, Silence of the Lambs, Nightmare on Elm Street, E.T., Goonies, etc.  Did you all catch the Star Wars reference where the guys with guns are taking position in the hallway and aiming their guns at the blast door, which is then blown up and stormed?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 12:23:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Pretty sure Mike knows it too. There was a brief exchange between the two in the third season where he and Mike were arguing and Mike told him he knew he wasn’t into girls and that was fine but that he was. I wish I could remember where that scene is exactly.
View Quote

I think at that time the scene was less about an implication that he's gay but rather that he wasn't mature enough to like girls yet. He was still acting like a kid. That was the whole point of the scene - they were playing D and D and Will was really into it (in costume and everything) and neither Mike or Lucas had any interest in playing. They were growing up and Will was still stuck in the past.

That being said, assuming he is gay, wtf is Mike supposed to do about it? Mike isn't gay and clearly is in love with El.

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 12:29:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think at that time the scene was less about an implication that he's gay but rather that he wasn't mature enough to like girls yet. He was still acting like a kid. That was the whole point of the scene - they were playing D and D and Will was really into it (in costume and everything) and neither Mike or Lucas had any interest in playing. They were growing up and Will was still stuck in the past.

That being said, assuming he is gay, wtf is Mike supposed to do about it? Mike isn't gay and clearly is in love with El.
View Quote

I don’t think Will is gay for Mike, I think he’s gay and wants to confide in Mike because he’s closest to him, Mike is his best friend. His brother certainly has guessed. It would be a great head take if it turned out he isn’t gay at all, and it’s something else. Either way they should shit or get off the pot. They’ve been dragging this plot line out long enough.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Am I the only one who thought the marksman in the helicopter resembled Pvt Pyle?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don’t think Will is gay for Mike, I think he’s gay and wants to confide in Mike because he’s closest to him, Mike is his best friend. His brother certainly has guessed. It would be a great head take if it turned out he isn’t gay at all, and it’s something else. Either way they should shit or get off the pot. They’ve been dragging this plot line out long enough.
View Quote

No he’s totally gay for mike that’s what all the heart stuff on the shield was all about

He lied about the painting being commissioned, eleven said she didn’t know what he was painting since he was being so secretive about it in the first episode
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Our theory in this house is Vecna is hiding inside Max to cross over into Hawkins...
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just finished my second viewing of the last two episodes of season 4, and there was a lot to take in. I have been consistently impressed with this series so far, and the latest season did not disappoint. Big time spoilers below:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 12:47:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Just heard on talk radio that the Duffer Brothers have formed their own film/production company called Upside Down films. A spin off is in the works for the show after season 5 supposedly.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:26:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There are of course a lot of references to 70s and 80s media in the show, like Carrie, Silence of the Lambs, Nightmare on Elm Street, E.T., Goonies, etc.  Did you all catch the Star Wars reference where the guys with guns are taking position in the hallway and aiming their guns at the blast door, which is then blown up and stormed?
View Quote

Controversies as well. In one of the prior seasons, there's a quick glimpse of a newspaper mentioning Project MKULTRA and in the newest one, the satanic panic that started in the 80s. Also this seems relevant:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 7:58:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Just finished the season, I hope all the characters die except for maybe steve

The only good thing about this season was how fucking stupid the plot was which made it entertaining for us as we mst3ked our way through this retarded shit fest.   I know I'm going against the grain here but they took an awesome show/idea and turned it into a fucking joke.   We laughed at pretty much the entire 2 1/2 hr ending, they took a creepy awesome story and gave it one of the dumbest bad guys we've ever seen in a really fucking bad rubber suit.  

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:00:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

There’s also some kind of connection between their names too. 1 and 11
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#27]
BTW I thought they were going to film season 4 and 5 consecutively because the kids were all growing up?  Or did the media mistake the Duffers splitting S4 into a 2 part season for that?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Ok so idk how to do a spoiler text, but my theory for season 5.
So during the massacre in the rainbow room you never see 8, elevens “sister” featured in season 2, you dont see her escape so did henry help her escape the lab before El? but i believe she will come back in season 5 (otherwise why feature her so prominently in season 2) and help defeat vecna,
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Could 18 year olds (Jason) buy handguns in the Spring of 1986?

ETA: Nope.

Under the federal Gun Control Act of 1968, long guns can only be sold to individuals 18 years old or older while handguns can be sold only to individuals 21 years old or older.

Unfortunately popular TV shows inform a great many people about guns and gun laws. Some of these people vote.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:41:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Could 18 year olds (Jason) buy handguns in the Spring of 1986?
View Quote

Not in Indiana. Shotguns and rifles but not handguns
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Progressives/woke folks will REEEEEEEEEE for pulling the rug out from under them.

Either way, yes, please fucking end this sub-plot already and make him come out.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

A Harry Potter/Voldemort remake?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Well IIRC that was what was suppose to happen in season 1 which was written as a one and done.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:36:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

A Harry Potter/Voldemort remake?
View Quote

Technically would be more akin to Will and Venca than 11 and Vecna.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Have about 45min left of the last episode. Would have been better if they didn’t throw in the lesbian crap and the struggling gay teen innuendo in the van.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
BTW I thought they were going to film season 4 and 5 consecutively because the kids were all growing up?  Or did the media mistake the Duffers splitting S4 into a 2 part season for that?
View Quote

I know this won’t happen, but with how old the actors are in real life I wish season 5 would skip to 1989 at the end of the their senior year.   If they do what they keep doing each season only skipping one year, then they will look really old being sophomores.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Have about 45min left of the last episode. Would have been better if they didn’t throw in the lesbian crap and the struggling gay teen innuendo in the van.
View Quote

I don’t think they throw it in our faces, so it doesn’t bother me much.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 6:41:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, they do a little bit.  It is annoying and entirely gratuitous.  It serves no purpose other than to be present for us to see and take in.  It's one of the few issues I have with the show.  Given what I've seen on other shows, though, it could be way worse.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#41]
I think season 5 should end with the boys(season 1) sitting around the table in Mikes basement. Dustin says “Damnit Will I told you to cast a protection spell.”
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ok so idk how to do a spoiler text, but my theory for season 5.
So during the massacre in the rainbow room you never see 8, elevens “sister” featured in season 2, you dont see her escape so did henry help her escape the lab before El? but i believe she will come back in season 5 (otherwise why feature her so prominently in season 2) and help defeat vecna,
View Quote

I’m rewatching it now and in episode 6 Henry and 11 are taking he mentions how 8 left awhile ago when a woman visited.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote
Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes I did.  Did anyone catch the Aliens reference right after that?

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Meh, they do a little bit.  It is annoying and entirely gratuitous.  It serves no purpose other than to be present for us to see and take in.  It's one of the few issues I have with the show.  Given what I've seen on other shows, though, it could be way worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They just couldn't resist fucking up what was a good show up until then.  I despise gay and lesbian crap in just about EVERY show out there.  I am 100% sick of it.  To the point where I decided that Netflix could get fucked and I cancelled it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Was really blown away by this season.  Absolutely fantastic.  Loved the step up in intensity, darkness and disturbing violence.  I have loved every season and I have faith in the Duffer brothers and crew but how do they top this?  Or live up to it.  I hear many people saying that this is the best season and I think they have good reason even though I may not completely agree.  I was definitely not expecting some of the episodes to be this GOOD.  Episode 4 especially.

Click To View SpoilerClick To View SpoilerClick To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

critical drinker seemed to think it was over after season 1 then they retconned the story so they could add more seasons?  i canstand things like that!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably the most over rated show I've ever tried to watch.
Don't think I even finished season 1

critical drinker seemed to think it was over after season 1 then they retconned the story so they could add more seasons?  i canstand things like that!
They had the whole story outlined from the start.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#48]
I agree with the theory that Eleven has to die before the gate can be permanently sealed.

Also did anyone notice that after the rift opened in the Creel house the head basketball kid was laying across it and "burned up"? I kinda wonder more along the lines of will HE come back and be Vecna's right hand man much more so than Eddie.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Am I the only one that noticed Conan’s Atlantean sword?
View Quote

Nope.  Pointed it out to my family.  Ended up watching Conan afterwards because of it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Eddie Lives!!
View Quote

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top