Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 274
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cool, so they still have no definition of what "begins a slide" actually is?

When the players ass hits the ground? When he's at a 45 degree angle? If he drags a foot? What about a stutter step?

"The refs will know it when they see it! Non-reviewable."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't remember how many pages back I said this would happen, but it happened:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sports/kenny-picketts-fake-slide-triggers-immediate-rule-change-from-ncaa/?fbclid=IwAR3SjkYOfHdpOOIlk2m96YdgoaWzYEjsG4RX_4a-WtZpg2sQjzZRpjD-oTM

Here is part of the new rule text:

“Any time a ball carrier begins, simulates, or fakes a feet-first slide, the ball should be declared dead by the on field officials at that point. The intent of the rule is player safety, and the objective is to give a ball carrier an option to end the play by sliding feet first and to avoid contact,” the ruling reads, in part. “To allow the ball carrier to fake a slide would compromise the defense that is being instructed to let up when the ball carrier slides feet first. A fake slide will not be considered reviewable under Rule 12-3-3 – Dead Ball and Loose Ball.”

Cool, so they still have no definition of what "begins a slide" actually is?

When the players ass hits the ground? When he's at a 45 degree angle? If he drags a foot? What about a stutter step?

"The refs will know it when they see it! Non-reviewable."

Another subjective rule is exactly what this sport needs….
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't believe I'm watching a soccer game right now.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can't believe I'm watching a soccer game right now.
View Quote

Well, the Badgers have two straight sweeps going into another Final Four in volleyball. Last year, we were close to a national championship. We'll see if we can get to the top this time.

BTW, B1G had half of the elite 8 in volleyball this year.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well, the Badgers have two straight sweeps going into another Final Four in volleyball. Last year, we were close to a national championship. We'll see if we can get to the top this time.

BTW, B1G had half of the elite 8 in volleyball this year.
View Quote

Really excited to take my 3 year old (almost 4 next spring) to an Aggie baseball game this year.

They have a great grass general seating area in the outfield.  Makes catching a game with kids way easier when they can run around a bit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:50:48 AM EDT
[#5]
How is no one talking about Bo Nix entering the portal as a grad transfer?  

Nebraska calling?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nebraska calling?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Nix has entered the portal. Rumors that Tank may as well.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The OU compliance office is far stricter than anyone in the $EC. They're going to need to ease up when OU gets to the SEC if they want to be competitive in that conference. We're fixing to find out if the $EC bag man in recruiting is real or a myth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like a guy that could grow under his leadership while helping enact his vision for the D.  Lebby is a good OC if ya don't mind the stink of the Baylor rape scandal lingering on him

Yea, I believe in second chances, and he’s been clean since and you know that OU Compliance is going to have the magnifying glass on him constantly.

The OU compliance office is far stricter than anyone in the $EC. They're going to need to ease up when OU gets to the SEC if they want to be competitive in that conference. We're fixing to find out if the $EC bag man in recruiting is real or a myth.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like a guy that could grow under his leadership while helping enact his vision for the D.  Lebby is a good OC if ya don't mind the stink of the Baylor rape scandal lingering on him

Yea, I believe in second chances, and he’s been clean since and you know that OU Compliance is going to have the magnifying glass on him constantly.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

What was the name of that car dealership?  The one writing checks to OU players as employees even though they’d never set foot in the building?  Yeah……
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Merry Christmas!

(Not my house)

https://i.imgur.com/zY2IESC.jpg
View Quote

Monkey not angry enough, stripper not disgusting enough.

Good start though!
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What was the name of that car dealership?  The one writing checks to OU players as employees even though they’d never set foot in the building?  Yeah……
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big Red
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you even WFH, bro?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do you even WFH, bro?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/174498/nsis_jpg-2202237.JPG

Nix has entered the portal. Rumors that Tank may as well.
View Quote
Tank is a pretty good RB.
I suspect he will get more than a few offers.

Monk
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Things are looking interesting for the Aggie bowl game. Calzada entered the transfer portal. Supposedly was going to be unavailable anyways due to shoulder surgery.

So unless Haynes King is back from being injured, A&M does not have a scholarship quarterback.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Things are looking interesting for the Aggie bowl game. Calzada entered the transfer portal. Supposedly was going to be unavailable anyways due to shoulder surgery.

So unless Haynes King is back from being injured, A&M does not have a scholarship quarterback.
View Quote

Whoa, I guess he was told that someone other than him will start next year…
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL, damn, WTF?
Figured I might as well cover a range of emotions
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is Ewers still available?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's going to Texas to help with their bowl prep
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$1mil seems expensive for a toilet cleaner
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He got that to be a 4th string at tOSU he's getting more from Texas...
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Between the transfer portal and NIL, college is now the NFL, if you did away with the draft, salary caps and multiyear contracts.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Between the transfer portal and NIL, college is now the NFL, if you did away with the draft, salary caps and multiyear contracts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We need a list of the money spent:win/loss ratio.... I bet it'll be an ugly list
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big Red. That happened about 15yrs ago and was the reason OU created their stifling compliance department.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Big Red. That happened about 15yrs ago and was the reason OU created their stifling compliance department.
View Quote
Yeah, I remember that.

That was before we learned from the SEC you could just tell the NCAA to pound sand.  I actually respect the SEC for that.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I also read that as bowel prep
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:I also read that as bowel prep
View Quote

Isn't that a pretty good way to describe the current state of the Longhorn's program?

Monk
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm really surprised to see Nix leaving Auburn, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  Despite the injury, he was still the starter...don't think he's losing that job to Finely this year or next.  Crazy thing is, without his injury in the Miss State game, there is a really good chance Auburn beats Alabama...and now he's transferring.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm really surprised to see Nix leaving Auburn, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  Despite the injury, he was still the starter...don't think he's losing that job to Finely this year or next.  Crazy thing is, without his injury in the Miss State game, there is a really good chance Auburn beats Alabama...and now he's transferring.
View Quote

Would he be interested un playing a bowl game?

I figure most schools wouldn’t mind picking up Tank, he is a pretty good RB.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm guessing he wants to go somewhere that might actually have a decent Offensive Line.  That way he might be able to showcase whatever skill he actually has.  I'd love to see him go to Ole Miss.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm guessing he wants to go somewhere that might actually have a decent Offensive Line.  That way he might be able to showcase whatever skill he actually has.  I'd love to see him go to Ole Miss.
View Quote

The line will get better, but they have to give Harsin a chance...he's only in his first season.  Is Tank really transferring as well?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The line will get better, but they have to give Harsin a chance...he's only in his first season.  Is Tank really transferring as well?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Re: Tank.  Apparently so.  Rumors for some time now that he wants to go to UGA.

Re: Harsin.  I'm only seeing 1 OL recruit listed for this class.  Malzahn only had 1 OL recruit/transfer in last years class.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Re: Tank.  Apparently so.  Rumors for some time now that he wants to go to UGA.

Re: Harsin.  I'm only seeing 1 OL recruit listed for this class.  Malzahn only had 1 OL recruit/transfer in last years class.
View Quote

Oof.

You need at least 4 per class
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#34]
While I absolutely welcome Tank to UGA, it makes less sense than Nix leaving.  Unless it's just a longevity/injury think, why go somewhere you absolutely won't be the featured back...and will have to split time with 3 other backs every game?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32856030/former-5-star-recruit-quinn-ewers-join-texas-football-transfer-qb-four-years-eligibility

That embodies everything that is wrong with college football.

if he's not already, he's gonna become the poster child for fucked up college football during this transition to semi-pro

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he was told that in august. dont blame him for leaving but it'll be interesting to see if haynes king leaves too.

good luck zach. you'll always have a home in Aggieland
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Did I mention that I hate the transfer portal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I mention that I hate the transfer portal?

But without it we wouldn't have had Bureaux.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nebraska calling?
View Quote

Martinez doesn’t have a couple years of eligibility left?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Martinez doesn’t have a couple years of eligibility left?
View Quote

He's in the Portal.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Isn't Nix an AU graduate already?

Monk
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Isn't Nix an AU graduate already?

Monk
View Quote

Yes, this past weekend.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yes, this past weekend.
View Quote

He has done right by AU then and you can't blame him for wanting to move to a better team.

Monk
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:40:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

He has done right by AU then and you can't blame him for wanting to move to a better team.

Monk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, this past weekend.

Monk

I harbor no ill will/thoughts/etc regarding him.

That being said, Bo had 11 touchdown passes against 3 interceptions in 10 games.  5 of those touchdowns were against Akron & Alabama St.  He had no touchdowns passes against Georgia State.  That's not SEC level output in my opinion.

Attachment Attached File

I'm looking forward to see how he does somewhere else.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Drew Bobo, Coach Mike Bobo's son, decommits from AU and will sign with Georgia.

Monk

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Drew Bobo, Coach Mike Bobo's son, decommits from AU and will sign with Georgia.

Monk

View Quote

That comes as no surprise.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Tank is apparently staying @ Auburn

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Monk
View Quote

He’s moving to a university that has the graduate program he wants for his career since Auburn doesn’t offer it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Nebraska calling?
View Quote

You can't help but think that Frost would pick one of them up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Spencer Rattler and an OU TE transferring to SC.

Page / 274
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top