Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 332
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Johnathan Smith may not even coach a down at MSU.

Washington may come knocking. Lol.

It will be interesting who UW will pursue.  They did great with DeBoer but it's a different AD making the choices now that she left for USC.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2024 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

He can probably recruit some decent QBs at Bama
View Quote

He’s got some talent at Bama already depending on which ones stay.  It’ll be an extremely interesting off season to see how they develop.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He’s got some talent at Bama already depending on which ones stay.  It’ll be an extremely interesting off season to see how they develop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Milrow ain't no slouch. With the right system he'd be a soul crusher
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Milroe is way better than people give him credit for being. He’s already got the deep ball down.

With a good OC, he’s gonna really hurt some teams.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Milroe is way better than people give him credit for being. He’s already got the deep ball down.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yessir, lordy I knew I was butchering his name but alas.  With the right QB coach he could crush spirits and the scoreboard.  Learning to use his legs to extend the passing game would be fun to watch
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Pete Carroll to UW?!?

He doesn't even need to move.

Some folks in Seattle wishfully thinking this...
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

bama is the new a&m
View Quote

prophetic you are
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pete Carroll to UW?!?

View Quote

Could do worse, nothing he did at usc is against the rules now
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#9]
How were the years between Bryant and Saban?
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pete Carroll to UW?!?

I just don't know how interested he would be in recruiting.

He would be good for getting portal players for sure.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pete Carroll to UW?!?

Just gotta line up a talented staff, long term he's pretty old now
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#12]
In the back of my mind, I was hoping DeBoer would come to Michigan. He's a Midwest guy and the rumor was he was ready to accept any offer from Michigan.

Anyway, damn. Bama just got a guy who is 104-12. I doubt they miss a beat next year. Probably even better from an offense side.

*If DeBoer can be a QB whisperer and fix Milroe's mid range throwing.... look out*
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How were the years between Bryant and Saban?
View Quote

Like the years between Lloyd Carr and Jim Harbaugh.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In the back of my mind, I was hoping DeBoer would come to Michigan. He's a Midwest guy and the rumor was he was ready to accept any offer from Michigan.

Anyway, damn. Bama just got a guy who is 104-12. I doubt they miss a beat next year. Probably even better from an offense side.

*If DeBoer can be a QB whisperer and fix Milroe's mid range throwing.... look out*
View Quote

You have COMPLETELY sobered up now!

UW better get the next big hire before Harbaugh leaves.  Although if there's nobody out there your OC will take over I assume.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Like the years between Lloyd Carr and Jim Harbaugh.
View Quote

gene stallings says hello
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

UW better get the next big hire before Harbaugh leaves.  Although if there's nobody out there your OC will take over I assume.
View Quote

Moore is the next Michigan coach
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i disagree. he's like kellen mond at a&m - flashes of great play including deep ball, but decision making is inconsistent at best and the mistakes he makes would be okay for a true freshman cause there's a chance you could develop him, but after several years at the school its hard to accept  fundamental errors that really shouldnt be made by a high school player.  and i think saban realized it too in the spring which is why they took a flyer on a portal transfer from ND who couldnt even hold a job there and now plays lacrosse.

Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you weigh 67-3 at NAIA Souix Falls College the same? He’s done well the last 3 years at Fresno and Washington…the biggest job whether assistant or HC he’s ever had.

Also, he’s never had a different D coordinator. He’s had the same guy his whole career. Bama is likely getting a majority west coast assistants.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah.... hard to argue with Moore when he wins every game on top of PSU and OSU....including all the distractions.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Do you weigh 67-3 at NAIA Souix Falls College the same? He’s done well the last 3 years at Fresno and Washington…the biggest job whether assistant or HC he’s ever had.

Also, he’s never had a different D coordinator. He’s had the same guy his whole career. Bama is likely getting a majority west coast assistants.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The band may start breaking up.  I was thinking it would start after UW's season.  One coordinator had already been hired before the playoffs.

Who knows.  UW may hire the OC.  Grubb was the offensive mastermind at the program and they should offer him the HC job stat or the program will be a shell of its former self.

Bama fans may worry about the future of their defense though.  It wasn't always the best at UW.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

i disagree. he's like kellen mond at a&m - flashes of great play including deep ball, but decision making is inconsistent at best and the mistakes he makes would be okay for a true freshman cause there's a chance you could develop him, but after several years at the school its hard to accept  fundamental errors that really shouldnt be made by a high school player.  and i think saban realized it too in the spring which is why they took a flyer on a portal transfer from ND who couldnt even hold a job there and now plays lacrosse.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His greatest weakness is his field of vision. He has the long ball, but often misses wide open receivers in short to medium range situations.......quite a few this season. If he learns to dink and dunk, and find the open guys, he will indeed be a dangerous QB
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've heard he will probably keep some of the Bama assistants, especially on defense. One big plus is a guy he is bringing with him who was instrumental in building the roster at UW and . Michigan......

Time will tell but I believe DeBoer was a good hire and he should do well
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

this may be the rule i support the most, letting players leave easily when there's a coaching change.

Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

this may be the rule i support the most, letting players leave easily when there's a coaching change.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a pain when actual school is happening or about to happen.  Free to go, but where class started a lot of places already?
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  UW is having a fire sale.

Let this show each of you what will happen when you lose a successful coach.

It's going to be brutal next season.  We will have a true freshman starting at QB unless we get a transfer.  Maybe Manning wants to come up!
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's a pain when actual school is happening or about to happen.  Free to go, but where class started a lot of places already?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That shit don’t matter. They didn’t go there to play school.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Pete Carroll to UW?!?

View Quote

Can’t stand that guy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's going to be brutal next season.  We will have a true freshman starting at QB unless we get a transfer.  Maybe Manning wants to come up!
View Quote

Way to mess up Michigan SOS
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They still gotta pretend school is involved
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, and thats especially a problem when youre talking about colleges on the semester calendar vs quarter calendar.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wasnt next year gonna be harsh anyway? as i recall UW had shitload of 5th or 6th year guys
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

wasnt next year gonna be harsh anyway? as i recall UW had shitload of 5th or 6th year guys
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They would be returning 7 starters.  However, some rising seniors declared early, one retired from football, and some of the quality portal guys are leaving.

We got Rogers from MSU.  He was projected to be the starter next year.  When we got him, our 2nd and 3rd string QBs entered the portal (because DeBoer sniped a portal senior).  Now the DeBoer left, Rogers has entered the portal again.

Essentially, our QB depth chart just got emptied because of the portal and coach change.

We are now left with an incoming freshman as the prospective starter.

It's pretty fucked.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's pretty fucked.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2024 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty fucked.

I know you know how I feel!

We are going to go from #2 in the country to possibly not wining a game next year.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

We are going to go from #2 in the country to possibly not wining a game next year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty fucked.

Hope it's not that bad.  Some QBs will come up if they don't win QB1 in spring, depth is gonna be a major concern even still
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

sounds like recent tcu. that sucks, would love to see UW or Oregon win big 10 next year

Link Posted: 1/13/2024 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

dat depth tho
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rather it be Minter
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

sounds like recent tcu. that sucks, would love to see UW or Oregon win big 10 next year

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oregon will do well, but they will have a new QB...unless Nix can come back for an 87th year.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#43]
They should have a window immediately following the NC game where coaches are hired/fired/resign.  

Then, they have the player portal open up towards the end  of the spring semester.

That way, they sign for the year, not for fall semester.  I get that the players miss spring ball, but make it so players sign for the year.

This will prevent players bailing early, before coach appointments are set.

They really need to figure out the timeline for the windows.  They do that for recruiting so it shouldn't be that hard.  It's chaos right now.

Link Posted: 1/13/2024 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Rather it be Minter
View Quote

He is going to be an NFL DC in 2025
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

bama is the new a&m
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is Bama going to steal FSU’s playoff spot and head coach?

bama is the new a&m

Please don't bring us into this. I thought Fischer was the right choice, wrong time. Our suffering continues... again. Don't add diesel to the already burning fire please.

Georgia is now the enemy, which feels really weird.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:01:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/IMG_3907_png-3091270.JPG

ESPN should be ashamed for putting out such drivel.
View Quote

Trash "journalism", even by sports stance. Wow.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Great news for Bama fans.

UW decided NOT to hire Grubb, our OC and assistant HC as DeBoer's replacement.

Grubb will now leave UW and join the staff at Bama.

Grubb wanted to be HC but UW passed on him.  The AD better have someone good in the pipeline because this guy is the real deal.

The hits just keep coming.  I expect more players will leave now...
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Grubb wanted to be HC but UW passed on him.  The AD better have someone good in the pipeline because this guy is the real deal.

View Quote

Kliff Kingsbury
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

damn, thats a huge mistake by UW. bama tried to hire him as OC last year, they're gonna be really happy now. bet he'll get a HC job within 2 years.

if you see any legit stories for why they passed in him let us know.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Leipold from KU would be a high reward risk for UW.  He turned Kansas from dumpster fire to bowl team he could do good at a place like UW his offense doesn't suck either
Page / 332
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top