Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet the shooter was an illegal with prior military or army training and experience.

He probably works for the cartel in some manner and is probably back in Mexico.

I doubt they will find , unless they have his prints already.

I would probably go not guilty if I was on the jury.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/raw-355.gif
This is what terrifies me about Americans today... What the fuck reason would you have to try to judge that man beyond what you see in the video? You have no right!
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:27:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The edited version.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NRA is sharing the video on Facebook.

Whether they are using it for advertising or will actually back the defender remains to unfold.
Which video?  The one that cuts out before the shooting?  Or the filler version?

The edited version.
Yeah, that's not going to be a good look for the NRA.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#3]
If there an extended version that shows the whole enchilada?

Most of the videos are from Channel 11 Houston and to avoid glamorizing gun violence, they stop at the point the Citizen pulls out his gun - they don't show the first shot, much less the last ones.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Harris County DA might have a problem with this one due to the anchor shot and questionable shoot while fleeing. If he did this in Montgomery County they would still like to talk since he did leave the scene and discharged a firearm.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:35:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Film tells the story. No need for questioning.
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:39:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sooner or later you have to make a statement even in a clear-cut case of self defense.
View Quote

Not true.

You don't have to say jack shit. 5th amendment.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:56:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Most of the videos are from Channel 11 Houston and to avoid glamorizing gun violence, they stop at the point the Citizen pulls out his gun - they don't show the first shot, much less the last ones.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:01:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer

Oh man haha. Looked like a mag dump with an anchor shot.

It’ll be interesting to see how this goes for him.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:07:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone recognize the song? It's quite catchy
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:07:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How would answering questions benefit him?
View Quote

It's not for his benefit. Get it?
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:33:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Does anyone recognize the song? It's quite catchy
View Quote

@TheOldRepublic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkmNhe7lnLw
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:34:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer

First four shots are easy to justify.

Next four get progressively harder to justify.

Final shot looks like either a negligent discharge, or an FU anchor shot.

Having said that, I have never been in that position and hope that day never comes.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:37:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, nice anchor shot.  

I have no issue with it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:39:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Having said that, I have never been in that position and hope that day never comes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer

I think he could articulate justification for the second four as he doesn't know if the guy is able to turn around and shoot back yet.

The 9th shot....looks bad. Hopefully they don't find him.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:39:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Harris County DA might have a problem with this one due to the anchor shot and questionable shoot while fleeing. If he did this in Montgomery County they would still like to talk since he did leave the scene and discharged a firearm.
View Quote

The fleeing part isn't an issue in TX.  
Anchor shot, maybe.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:40:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer

Beautiful kill. I’d have that jury hung like Seabiscuit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:41:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Beautiful kill. I’d have that jury hung like Seabiscuit.
View Quote

Grand jury day:
Him:  "I took the last shot because I was in fear for my and the other patron's lives."
Me:  "Sounds reasonable."
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:50:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I hope based taco customer is never found. Murder every robber because they have no respect for life or law.
View Quote

You can’t ‘murder’ a robber any more than you can murder a rapist or pedophile. Their literal existence justifies their demise.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:53:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer

Yeah hopefully I never have to make decisions like that on the fly. Too easy to make one small mistake that wrecks your life.

I’m not sure I even would have shot in that situation(like the guy did… waiting like that). Draw when you can discreetly do it and keep it ready and hidden, probably. But shooting someone that is walking away from behind.. ehh to much risk of going to prison for a long time.

If anything this video has me thinking about carrying in a way that is quick and easy to draw. As soon as masked dude with gun rolls in it’s time to get to work.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:03:38 AM EDT
[#20]
The music playing in the background

Los Tigres Del Norte - Qué Tal Si Eres Tu (Audio)
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:05:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah hopefully I never have to make decisions like that on the fly. Too easy to make one small mistake that wrecks your life.

I’m not sure I even would have shot in that situation(like the guy did… waiting like that). Draw when you can discreetly do it and keep it ready and hidden, probably. But shooting someone that is walking away from behind.. ehh to much risk of going to prison for a long time.

If anything this video has me thinking about carrying in a way that is quick and easy to draw. As soon as masked dude with gun rolls in it’s time to get to work.
View Quote

The way I see it, the guy was back and forth throughout the store waving the gun around. Not hard to articulate a fear that he could turn around again at any time.

Once the shooting starts, it’s kind of hard to ‘turn it off’ - you get that tunnel vision and next thing you know you’ve hit slide lock and don’t even remember shooting more than a couple times.

It’s sad that our society would even consider messing with the livelihood of an innocent man over the manner in which he decided to kill a robber.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:05:51 AM EDT
[#22]
We live in such a strange world. Someone comes up with the idea that we need to only fire enough shots to “stop” the threat, which may be 1 round or 10, but after that we need to stop shooting? Once guns come out it needs to be a race to the finish on how fast you kill the badguy and make sure he is dead before he does the same to you. I have no issue with some one being hit with more rounds after they hit the ground. It should also be shown to the public so bad people learn real fast what their actions will lead to if they try to rob or hurt people. I don’t recall this being an issue in the old west. After blasting the hell out of someone we put their bullet riddled body on display in town. When did we become so soft? You meet violence with even more violence if you want to survive. Meanwhile Texas police want to “talk” to this guy? Yeah right, they want to arrest him immediately and charge him with murder. Put him into the wheels of “justice” and make him take a plea or go through so much money defending himself that he still loses even if he wins. Insane.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:09:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Damn!  All out of fucks.

I wouldn’t ID him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Police say the shooter then took the stolen money from the suspect and gave it back to the customers. He and the other patrons then left, officials say.

Damn!  All out of fucks.

I wouldn’t ID him.

Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:09:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

The draw part always makes me think of the member here “blitz” or something that got shot here in Missouri years ago and shared his story. Since I live like 20 minutes from Jefferson City Missouri I read his aar. It had great learning lessons. My draw is slow depending on what I am carrying. I would do ok maybe in a slow and sneaky draw maybe but I don’t know how I would do having to instantly react, draw, and shoot. The range is not the same as real life. I hope I could rise to the occasion. Rather not have to try though
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:10:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Damn!  All out of fucks.

I wouldn’t ID him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Police say the shooter then took the stolen money from the suspect and gave it back to the customers. He and the other patrons then left, officials say.

Damn!  All out of fucks.

I wouldn’t ID him.

Hmm, never seen him before in my life.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:11:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn!  All out of fucks.

I wouldn’t ID him.

If I were still in law enforcement and saw that video and then saw that truck at some point while on patrol I would keep on driving acting like ray charles.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:12:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Full vid. Can't believe he anchored him at the end

https://twitter.com/NuanceBro/status/1611808197316075521
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:13:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer

Mucho Gracias

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:18:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The music playing in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkmNhe7lnLw
View Quote

Love Los Tigres.

And barrio taco spots.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:21:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

The 4 after the robber went down could be the "I thought he was going to get back up & start shooting"

That last shot would be the "shot" a liberal D.A. might argue would be difficult to justify".

If I'm on the jury her gets No Billed, along with a free dinner & beer!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:21:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer

The anchor shots are why he took off and why he MAY get fooked.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:24:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Damn I wanted it to be a clean shoot, and parts of it were. The first volley certainly was, second volley while advancing is troublesome, the final shot…shit… man I don’t want to be his defense attorney.

That being said… fuck the robber, and I don’t give a damn what happened to him. You start a deadly force event, you deserve whatever you get. I’m not convicting shooter if I’m on the jury… but I have a good idea why they want to talk to him and it’s to charge him. Dude needs to stay missing…
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:27:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Finishes his drink, throws it at dead guys corpse and leaves.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:30:53 AM EDT
[#34]
It wasn't an 'anchor shot'.  Enough time had passed from the shot before the pause, and the robber was dead before the last shot.  Guilty of corpse mutilation.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:31:32 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Gracias
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:33:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Okay I get the multiple shots to the back of a robber walking away. The video still shows the perp aiming his weapon at a patron near the exit door while the good guy is shooting.

What about us open carry people? In the same situation, I draw when he comes in and the perp shoots me in the chest with an "airsoft pellet" that bounces into my coffee. Am I justified in doing the monzambique drill on him or should I just laugh and reholster? Non lethals?

View Quote
He could put an eye out!

Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:33:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Shooter might be a prohibited person. Maybe that's why he booked it.

In my judgment, if he was a prohibited person, he shouldn't be anymore.

Or, let's go one further... Maybe he recognized the robber as a rival gang member, and saw a chance for some run of the mill gang violence.

Who knows.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Big fucking deal. The first four shots turned his life around and he was dead when he hit the floor.

The 'anchor' shots were just a waste of ammo. What are they going to charge him for, shooting a dead guy?
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:48:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The 4 after the robber went down could be the "I thought he was going to get back up & start shooting"

That last shot would be the "shot" a liberal D.A. might argue would be difficult to justify".

If I'm on the jury her gets No Billed, along with a free dinner & beer!

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

A liberal da will get a grand jury indictment easy. The da will use every bit of his actions in the video such as when he realizes the gun is fake and throws it and says let’s get out of here. Then he takes a drink and dumps it on dead bad guy. Shots in the back. Anchor shot. Lack of remorse for his shots. And so on. I am ok with all of it but we have too many people, especially ones that play god with peoples lives, that have no stomach for violence, even if it is used in self defense. Hope this guy stays hidden
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:37:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The way I see it, the guy was back and forth throughout the store waving the gun around. Not hard to articulate a fear that he could turn around again at any time.

Once the shooting starts, it’s kind of hard to ‘turn it off’ - you get that tunnel vision and next thing you know you’ve hit slide lock and don’t even remember shooting more than a couple times.

It’s sad that our society would even consider messing with the livelihood of an innocent man over the manner in which he decided to kill a robber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. I'm reasonably certain that I would not have taken that anchor shot, but I'm certainly not going to condemn him for it under the circumstances either.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:37:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Good job dispatching the robber.
It does look like a professional thug collided with an amateur thug though.

That's how I'd place my bets.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:10:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Shot the spirit right out of his ass.

Not guilty.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:11:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Video with the money shot:

Those anchor shots might be a problem.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:14:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Legally the last few shots may be hard to defend. However, the robber did not respect anyone's life, I have a hard time finding respect for his.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:17:26 AM EDT
[#45]
I still don’t care. I’d buy the shooter some tacos.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:21:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
People need to learn the difference between a descriptive statement, and a prescriptive one. I doubt very seriously JW wants this guy to go to prison -and I don't either- but it's absolutely true the last shot at least is going to require some pretty solid articulation that isn't quite as obvious as the opening volley.

I hope the guy gets off, and in Texas he very well might. But there's absolutely places in this country where that last shot would get you jammed up when the previous ones would have been deemed justified, and it's foolish to pretend otherwise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are not one of us. You are not from this state. You don't live in Houston. You are not going to be on a jury of the hero's piers.  Why do you keep arguing in favor of the dead felon?

You made your point several pages back. We read it. We don't agree with your feelings.

Texans have a low tolerance for bullshit. Hence our very loose deadly force laws here.

Homie had no business invading that taqueria and he knew it and he paid the price. It's  as simple as that.

When a Texas judge writes a warrant it always includes the phrase "Against the peace and dignity of the state of Texas."  Meaning the people of Texas.

Invading a taqueria and waving a gun around and threatening peaceful people with death or bodily harm certainly comes under the meaning of that phrase.

This is our business. It is none of your business.

Maybe he doesn't want people to get a false impression of their potential legal liability in Texas based on a willfully false reading of the law?

I think the robber got what he deserved too, but you don't want to send people out there wrongly informed.
People need to learn the difference between a descriptive statement, and a prescriptive one. I doubt very seriously JW wants this guy to go to prison -and I don't either- but it's absolutely true the last shot at least is going to require some pretty solid articulation that isn't quite as obvious as the opening volley.

I hope the guy gets off, and in Texas he very well might. But there's absolutely places in this country where that last shot would get you jammed up when the previous ones would have been deemed justified, and it's foolish to pretend otherwise.

Yup.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 5:38:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The anchor shots are why he took off and why he MAY get fooked.
View Quote
Could be somone who is not allowed to have a gun and does not want to go back to prison.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 5:59:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Assuming the 9th shit gets him jacked up and the autopsy says more than one sound was fatal, what is the offense of shot #9?  Is it assault?  Is it abuse of a corpse?
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 6:15:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Assuming the 9th shit gets him jacked up and the autopsy says more than one sound was fatal, what is the offense of shot #9? Is it assault?  Is it abuse of a corpse?
View Quote
Most dishonorable (goldeneye 64)
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 6:19:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top