Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 75
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know how y'all do things in Finland but 16 is a minor here in the US, even in California of all places. So yeah, Taran knew her as a minor.
View Quote
If I have met someone once in my life, if I even remember them later, I would not say that I know them. I would say I might have met them before.

Again, their professional relationship started when she was 18 and dating some time later. In the video she was 19.

Also, for this very discussion the only relevant definition of a minor is the age of consent. And while 18 in California, it's appears to be 16 or younger in 27 states, including in Nevada, just 200 miles from where this happened.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

maybe she is behind it? to defame him.
View Quote
That'd be a made-for-TV twist to the whole story.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’ll quote myself again... I provided the citation for the story from the woman in question.

Taran was a friend of her fathers. She met him at 16. He approached her when she turned 18 to work for him.

He then asked to see the precious. And by all account entered into a sexual relationship with her for several years.

Creepy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cite

According to her, She met Taran at 16 (and was clearly in awe of him) and Taran called her dad at 18 to give her a job. Then shortly thereafter he was filming her while asking to see her precious and checking her lube status for a black clients cock.

LOL.

Y’all feel free to continue to white knight a predator.
I’ll quote myself again... I provided the citation for the story from the woman in question.

Taran was a friend of her fathers. She met him at 16. He approached her when she turned 18 to work for him.

He then asked to see the precious. And by all account entered into a sexual relationship with her for several years.

Creepy.
Amazing how she was miraculously such a prodigy at 18 she instantly became a trainer for a big name, Hollywood connected training firm at the owner's invitation despite having ostensibly only met him once two years prior!

And yet despite all this apparent innate skill hasn't won any matches...

Just amazing!

Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the yoga pants.

So you're saying there's a ring of velcro around the yoga pants. And the gun belt then velcros to this ring of Velcro?
View Quote
I'm not sure you are aware of the differences in male and femal anatomy? The rules in Practical shooting, including 3Gun, allow women to wear their gun belts lower than men due to the shape of their hips.

And yes, Practical gun belts are two piece, a thin velcro belt that is either sewn to the pants (mostly by women because their pants don't have belt loops in the correct position) or routed through the belt loops. The thick (often carbon fibre reinforced) outer belt attaches to the lower belt by velcro and holds the holster and mag pouches:

Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So you're saying there's a ring of velcro around the yoga pants. And the gun belt then velcros to this ring of Velcro?
View Quote
I want a pair for my wife
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Amazing how she was miraculously such a prodigy at 18 she instantly became a trainer for a big name, Hollywood connected training firm at the owner's invitation!
View Quote
Who else than you have claimed that?

He offered her a job, but what job was it? Why do you think it was an instructor position? If she was not taught as an instructor, then clearly it could not be that job. Do you think a company like his runs with everybody being an instructor and nobody handling office work, customer calls or being a personal assistant to Mr. All Precious Belongs to Me?

Again, crafting the story to meet the expectations of your creepy mind.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He offered her a job, but what job was it? Why do you think it was an instructor position? If she was not taught as an instructor, then clearly it could not be that job. Do you think a company like his runs with everybody being an instructor and nobody handling office work, customer calls or being a personal assistant to Mr. All Precious Belongs to Me?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amazing how she was miraculously such a prodigy at 18 she instantly became a trainer for a big name, Hollywood connected training firm at the owner's invitation!

Attachment Attached File

You must have some weird personal investment in Taran to be in such white knight mode.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#8]
So she worked for some uknown capacity for up to a year and when she was [still] 18, she became an instructor? Do you know of any formal firearms instructor training course that takes longer than a year? How about when TTI considers their personnel fit for duty as an instructor?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/102941/2020-01-29_17-58-46_jpg-1254892.JPG

You must have some weird personal investment in Taran to be in such white knight mode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/102941/2020-01-29_17-58-46_jpg-1254892.JPG

At 18 years old, there is no way she could possibly have the knowledge, skill or experience to be an effective firearms instructor.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Read the comments!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B768RTknFMx/?igshid=1etlzkzmtqb1t
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So she worked for some uknown capacity for up to a year and when she was [still] 18, she became an instructor? Do you know of any formal firearms instructor training course that takes longer than a year? How about when TTI considers their personnel fit for duty as an instructor?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Quoted:
At 18 years old, there is no way she could possibly have the knowledge, skill or experience to be an effective firearms instructor.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Amazing how she was miraculously such a prodigy at 18 she instantly became a trainer for a big name, Hollywood connected training firm at the owner's invitation despite having ostensibly only met him once two years prior!

And yet despite all this apparent innate skill hasn't won any matches...

Just amazing!

https://i.imgur.com/5esYx3Y.gif
View Quote
The power of poon
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Page 50 is a possibility!
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#14]
The companies dropping this guy are not playing. And is he a official GLOCK spokesman ?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm not sure you are aware of the differences in male and femal anatomy? The rules in Practical shooting, including 3Gun, allow women to wear their gun belts lower than men due to the shape of their hips.

And yes, Practical gun belts are two piece, a thin velcro belt that is either sewn to the pants (mostly by women because their pants don't have belt loops in the correct position) or routed through the belt loops. The thick (often carbon fibre reinforced) outer belt attaches to the lower belt by velcro and holds the holster and mag pouches:

https://quickbutik.imgix.net/6727l/products/5d404bd592a43.jpeg
View Quote
I see.

Thanks while I did live in my parents basement for quite some time I am familiar with female anatomy
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's my mental image of the handful of posters in this thread who have racked up dozens of comments going after Taran Butler full-bore:

I honestly don't know what some of you think you have to gain personally by tearing this guy down when he's done a good job of that all on his own. It just reads like piling on at this point, and smacks of more than a little bit of jealousy over seeing some other dude living the life (though he's not living it any longer thanks to having some of his private life made public without his consent).

Watching some of y'all clutch your pearls is like watching a bunch of gossipy old hens in a sewing circle.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is just what is on video. (Edit: there are three videos in the post.)

Not my Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7leIVGpupc/
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I still say that he has grounds for a tortious interference/economic interference lawsuit against the person who leaked the video. There is nothing illegal shown and it was obviously released to cause TT embarrassment and economic harm
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not my Instagram.

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I still say that he has grounds for a tortious interference/economic interference lawsuit against the person who leaked the video. There is nothing illegal shown and it was obviously released to cause TT embarrassment and economic harm
View Quote
It’s pretty stupid to host that video on your YouTube channel, some people are just getting caught up in the witch-hunt moment.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My image editing skills aren't the best, but...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/339101/TTI_png-1254067.JPG

View Quote
So Federal ammo and LaRue are still sponsoring him ?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
Another hit
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Can anyone make this hot?

The name of this knife is very interesting

https://battlehorseknives.com/product/jade-struck-dead-meat/

The Jade Struck Dead Meat knife
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank me for my service

Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not my Instagram.

Take 10 seconds to learn how to hotlink correctly, no one is reading your shit
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Here's my mental image of the handful of posters in this thread who have racked up dozens of comments going after Taran Butler full-bore:

http://ci.memecdn.com/8466317.jpg

I honestly don't know what some of you think you have to gain personally by tearing this guy down when he's done a good job of that all on his own. It just reads like piling on at this point, and smacks of more than a little bit of jealousy over seeing some other dude living the life (though he's not living it any longer thanks to having some of his private life made public without his consent).

Watching some of y'all clutch your pearls is like watching a bunch of gossipy old hens in a sewing circle.
View Quote
Yeah, you nailed it...

Personally, I don't give two shits about Jade. She's clearly an unabashed, trashy Instaho.

What I care about is a big industry name like Taran being a weirdo that creeps on 16-18 year old family friends and gives the gun owning community a black eye.

So many on here have said, "We need gun ownership shown in a positive light in pop culture," and lo there was private gun owner/sportsman/businessman Taran training big Hollywood stars in popular films/shows on actual gun craft and making scary guns and training cool, only to have it turn out Taran is just like the rest of the Hollywood pervs.

What you're seeing at this point is response to a handful of equally creepy people that have some sort of bizarre fixation on white knighting for a creep, who himself publicly apologized for his creepiness, when you should rightfully be seeing people want to distance themselves and our community from it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah I guess Jon Wiedell is qualified to teach since he is only 17.  Neither was Tim Yackley at that age.  Both are/were champioship 3 gunners.  Not saying Jade is anywhere near their level but age is not the determining factor in skill/ability.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Take 10 seconds to learn how to hotlink correctly, no one is reading your shit
View Quote
Lighting up Francis
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s funny, the USAF used to have lots of 18 year old firearms instructors. They trained them to be instructors. You’d be amazed what six weeks of daily training can do, especially under a good instructor.

At 18 I was teaching and out shooting OSI agents, Security Police personnel, etc.. That was pretty common. For reference the OSI course was based on FBI qualifications at the time.

Training under someone like Taran could defiantly make you an effective instructor in a few months. That’s not to say wold class shooter, but a damn sight better than most of their students.

To clarify, I think Taran is a very talented shooter and creepy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The outer belts are thick enough and can be worn tight enough that I dry fire with mine in gym shorts all the time.

I wouldn't load up mags and go shoot all day, but I also don't have birthin' hips either.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah I guess Jon Wiedell is qualified to teach since he is only 17.  Neither was Tim Yackley at that age.  Both are/were champioship 3 gunners.  Not saying Jade is anywhere near their level but age is not the determining factor in skill/ability.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that statement was bs for sure. She might not have been but it had nothing to do with her age. Plenty of teenagers could run rings most of our members and teach them a thing or two while doing it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:12:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah, you nailed it...

Personally, I don't give two shits about Jade. She's clearly an unabashed, trashy Instaho.

What I care about is a big industry name like Taran being a weirdo that creeps on 16-18 year old family friends and gives the gun owning community a black eye.

So many on here have said, "We need gun ownership shown in a positive light in pop culture," and lo there was private gun owner/sportsman/businessman Taran training big Hollywood stars in popular films/shows on actual gun craft and making scary guns and training cool, only to have it turn out Taran is just like the rest of the Hollywood pervs.

What you're seeing at this point is response to a handful of equally creepy people that have some sort of bizarre fixation on white knighting for a creep, who himself publicly apologized for his creepiness, when you should rightfully be seeing people want to distance themselves and our community from it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://ci.memecdn.com/8466317.jpg

Yeah, you nailed it...

Quoting myself for emphasis.

I guess some of us are just making this a bigger deal than it really is since 99% of people have no idea who Taran and TTI are and there's no way it could negatively impact the gun owning/sportsman community.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Oh, just for comparison...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Page 50 is a possibility!
View Quote
The precious.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Shit stirring

Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:

That’s funny, the USAF used to have lots of 18 year old firearms instructors. They trained them to be instructors. You’d be amazed what six weeks of daily training can do, especially under a good instructor.

At 18 I was teaching and out shooting OSI agents, Security Police personnel, etc.. That was pretty common. For reference the OSI course was based on FBI qualifications at the time.

Training under someone like Taran could defiantly make you an effective instructor in a few months. That’s not to say wold class shooter, but a damn sight better than most of their students.

To clarify, I think Taran is a very talented shooter and creepy.
View Quote
Point being, A) Doogie Howsers of the gun world are the exception, not the norm and B) how many 18 year olds that are talented enough to be a firearms instructor right out of the gate at a major Hollywood training house can't win any matches? Might there be some other... mitigating circumstance... which allowed them to be an instructor?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Point being, A) Doogie Howsers of the gun world are the exception, not the norm and B) how many 18 year olds that are talented enough to be a firearms instructor right out of the gate at a major Hollywood training house can't win any matches? Might there be some other... mitigating circumstance?
View Quote
Different levels of instructors teaching different levels of skills.  Does not take a tremendous amount of experience to teach Handgun 101 to novice students.  Not everyone is training Rangers and Delta.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Different levels of instructors teaching different levels of skills.  Does not take a tremendous amount of experience to teach Handgun 101 to novice students.  Not everyone is training Rangers and Delta.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Point being, A) Doogie Howsers of the gun world are the exception, not the norm and B) how many 18 year olds that are talented enough to be a firearms instructor right out of the gate at a major Hollywood training house can't win any matches? Might there be some other... mitigating circumstance?
True but suffice to say novices attending even a TTI novice training course are not the same as novices attending Joe Bob's Guns novice class so, what elevates a non-winning shooter like Jade to be qualified to train at TTI and be Taran's self proclaimed "right hand".

I think I, and most people being honest with themselves, know the answer to that.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#41]
So the chick was over 18, right?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

True but suffice to say novices attending even a TTI novice training course are not the same as novices attending Joe Bob's Guns novice class so, what elevates a non-winning shooter like Jade to be qualified to train at TTI and be Taran's self proclaimed "right hand".

I think I, and most people being honest with themselves, know the answer to that.
View Quote
In 2017 at USPSA Nationals she shot 50% of the points of Taran's 2nd place finish in PCC.   Can you do that?   Most here couldn't.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank me for my service

I don't know what is more stupid, the name of the knife or someone who buys that shit.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dick riding is an important skill for the aspiring firearms instructor. Only it's usually metaphorical.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't know what is more stupid, the name of the knife or someone who buys that shit.
View Quote
Someone will. Knot me but some will.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I guess some of us are just making this a bigger deal than it really is since 99% of people have no idea who Taran and TTI are
View Quote
You could've stopped right there and saved yourself some time and effort, because that statement is 100% accurate.

I've yet to see this "story" reported and discussed anywhere other than gun forums/social media. Wonder why that might be? It's not as though there aren't anti-gun/anti-2A media outlets in existence who wouldn't relish the notion of finding the shooting community's Harvey Weinstein, so why hasn't some eager beaver liberal reporter jumped all over this "scandal"? Could it be that there's not much to report?

So far we've got a private video released without the consent of two adults engaging in some dirty talk/play at the office. There have been reports that 54-yo(?) employer and 19-yo employee were involved in a romantic relationship, so this type of banter (including pet names for genitalia) isn't exactly newsworthy in and of itself. Some pearl-clutchers have suggested that due to their working relationship, these short video clips indicate all sorts of bad behavior on the part of the employer, including but not limited to sexual harassment and grooming a minor, yet the employee in this case has yet to allege anything along these lines. So I ask again, what exactly would the media use in this instance to hold gun owners and the shooting community at large up to scorn? Last I checked, creepiness is not a crime, nor is it particularly newsworthy. Until Jade Struck breaks her silence and accuses Taran Butler of odious or criminal behavior, this is a giant nothingburger.

And spare me the "then why are sponsors abandoning Taran like rats from a sinking ship?" Because it's 2020 and virtue-signaling is absolutely a way of life for those in the corporate world, no matter what the industry. Being the most virtuous of the virtue-signalers, I highly doubt Hollywood will be sending any of their business Taran's way ever again, so this particular slice of pie will wind up costing him plenty in terms of money and exposure. His days of being surrounded by scantily-clad gun bunnies is likely over.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Precious
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#48]
https://youtu.be/wwaQM56gu8E
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#49]
This explains everything !

https://youtu.be/wwaQM56gu8E
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Another creepy video

https://youtu.be/_E9LJq7-Zbw
Page / 75
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top