Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 41
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good thing nobody felt that way when the '94-'04 AWB expired and (standard) hi-cap mags were available at reasonable prices again.

PS
Using money paid (and value gained) as a result of an Unconstitutional restriction as a reason for upholding said restrictions is the excuse of a scumbag.

I have continued to observe the things you've said through several pages, trying to find a shred of reason for your perspective...or an interest in freedom and liberty FOR ALL...but after your statement here, I don't think I'm going to ever see one.

*click*
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're such an amiable fellow. Is everyone from Idaho like this?

I think I know a thing or two about rule of law and due process. I used to have to meet with the saranwal once a week to try to get him to actually charge people that were arrested. A country without the rule of law is chaos. I think you feel like the FBI transgressed against the rule of law, whereas I feel like the Weavers did. I do feel like I'm failing to convey how very, very little I care about the whole situation though. IIRC an FBI agent shot and killed Ibragim Todashev in his own apartment, as soon as the local cops left him alone with him. And you don't see people here up in arms about that... Not that I'm saying they should, but if you're going to get pissy about the FBI schwacking people, you could pick something more current...

Let's just get down to brass tacks, shall we? Do you think the NFA is constitutional and/or good law?

I don't think it's constitutional due to the closure of the machine gun registry. When you pass an excise tax on the trade\commerce of some item as part of the tax code, and then refuse to accept the tax, you've likely exceeded the authority outlined in the constitution by creating a de facto ban. IIRC Rock River Arms won a federal district court case on that argument and the US Attorney chose not to appeal. It was based on a full auto 1911. I'm not a lawyer or anything though. I tend to have a broader view of the scope of government authority beyond strictly what's spelled out in the constitution.

Is it a good law? Probably overall, no. But personally the investment value in the 2 machine guns that I have far outweigh any utility I might gain from actually owning\shooting new machineguns if the NFA were to magically disappear. You have to figure there are plenty of people with hundreds of thousands of dollars tied up in guns that would be made nearly worthless overnight.

Good thing nobody felt that way when the '94-'04 AWB expired and (standard) hi-cap mags were available at reasonable prices again.

PS
Using money paid (and value gained) as a result of an Unconstitutional restriction as a reason for upholding said restrictions is the excuse of a scumbag.

I have continued to observe the things you've said through several pages, trying to find a shred of reason for your perspective...or an interest in freedom and liberty FOR ALL...but after your statement here, I don't think I'm going to ever see one.

*click*

This thread is the first time I have ever put someone on the ignore list.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'll re-up my Team Membership right now if that admitted troll's account gets tossed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not trolling!

Well, just a few times! Come on guys! LMAO!
Admitted troll  

I'll re-up my Team Membership right now if that admitted troll's account gets tossed.

Me too, and I just joined a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It does not explain his lack of concern about the taunting of Vicki's family once it was known that she had been shot and killed...by his partner.

If I had watched my partner 'miss' a shot that killed a woman (blowing off part of her face and leaving her moaning in front of her children) and then saw my co-workers taunting, harassing and cruelly jeering about it to the victim's family, I would have handed them my rifle, my badge and spit on their uniform.

What did Dale Monroe do instead?

Defend, support and justify.

No matter what his decision was 'in the heat of the moment' or while he 'was just following orders' his actions after the fact speak volumes about his character, and the character of those who would support and defend him and his ilk.

At no point in time is it legal to 'miss' a target and kill a by stander.  

I would bet any amount of money that Dale and Lon were among those jeering and taunting the family about that 'accidental' shooting.  They have certainly spent two decades now patting each other on the backs for their actions.

Troy is a stain on this website.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Historical views of one of their instructors.."???!!!

WTF man?

Have you no ability to comprehend what you read?

Monroe was there and testified before congress that the only reason he didn't kill Vicki Weaver, an unarmed American holding her 10 month old infant, was that Horiuchi touched her off before he could. And Troy Industries defends that sack of shit.

Think about that.

For all the talk in here, this crap still continues as being acceptable. The guy never said he would shoot an unarmed woman and in fact said he would not take a shot, under any circumstance, if it endangered the children.

It's one thing to be upset and against this, but it is another to spout of inaccurate information to make your point.

It does not explain his lack of concern about the taunting of Vicki's family once it was known that she had been shot and killed...by his partner.

If I had watched my partner 'miss' a shot that killed a woman (blowing off part of her face and leaving her moaning in front of her children) and then saw my co-workers taunting, harassing and cruelly jeering about it to the victim's family, I would have handed them my rifle, my badge and spit on their uniform.

What did Dale Monroe do instead?

Defend, support and justify.

No matter what his decision was 'in the heat of the moment' or while he 'was just following orders' his actions after the fact speak volumes about his character, and the character of those who would support and defend him and his ilk.

At no point in time is it legal to 'miss' a target and kill a by stander.  

I would bet any amount of money that Dale and Lon were among those jeering and taunting the family about that 'accidental' shooting.  They have certainly spent two decades now patting each other on the backs for their actions.

Troy is a stain on this website.

TRG

Bravo!
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So this thread went from 5 to 16 pages while I was asleep and I have too much work to do to read it all.

I just have one question:  
Can I keep the Troy stuff I already purchased on my rifles?
View Quote

The main vibe I'm getting here is that so long as you grind the company logo off of it, you're okay.

I have no problem with this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Whoa! I missed something so I guess I got some google fu to do!
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are emotional ties...

WTF is right. Holy crap.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

According to Troy, he wasn't even involved in the hiring process at TA.

Since it's impossible for us to verify that, we can either take it or leave it.  He made it right in the end.  That should count for something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because hiring weiss was a good idea?  I'm not saying he hired him, but he didn't have a problem with it until we did.

Since it's impossible for us to verify that, we can either take it or leave it.  He made it right in the end.  That should count for something.

Now I'm confused. Does he or does he not have ultimate authority over employees in companies bearing his name? He's claimed both.

Everything he's said is impossible to verify. It's like trying to sew Jello. In my experience, that's not reassuring.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are now free to attack me if you feel necessary.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa/finalbell/images/clubber.jpg

LOL. I saw your name pop up as the last poster and literally said "ruh roh" out loud.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are emotional ties...

I'll have to side with our resident tranny lovin' brony on this, as GoatBoy's statement presumes that there is no difference between Law Enforcement on US soil, and a Soldier in a war zone.

WTF M8.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ok a shitty way to relate, but the idea was that mistakes are made in all walks of life. What happened at RR was illegal, immoral, and beyond wrong. My comparison was weak at best and wrong in many ways so I apologize. You have every right to feel this way and I apologize to you and anyone else who may be offended by that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got to the part in bold and the rest became tl;dr despite my interest.  To compare the events at Ruby Ridge to lawful warfare and traffic accidents is significantly beyond the pale for me.  Honestly, it really pisses me off. A lot.  There's nothing else I can say without a ban.

Ok a shitty way to relate, but the idea was that mistakes are made in all walks of life. What happened at RR was illegal, immoral, and beyond wrong. My comparison was weak at best and wrong in many ways so I apologize. You have every right to feel this way and I apologize to you and anyone else who may be offended by that.

GB, if Monroe believed what happened at Ruby Ridge was wrong and illegal, he would have condemned it, not supported it in sworn testimony after the event. I'm very dissapointed in this site's decision to keep Troy on board. Troy made a bad decision keeping Monroe, and IMO you are now making a bad decision keeping Troy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This is my favorite line. Where does he say he would do this? I watched the video, he says very clearly, that the rules of engagement were thrown out because kids were present and at risk for being hit. That he would not take a shot if it put their lives at risk.

Did you guys actually watch the cspan video or just jump to where people told you to jump? If so, we are as bad as the liberals for taking things out of context when it suits our goals. I may not agree with him being retained on staff, but I don't see him in the same light as some of you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We as gun owners are some of our own worse enemies.
Especially if they support keeping a man who said he would have shot an unarmed woman holding a baby in the face.  

This is my favorite line. Where does he say he would do this? I watched the video, he says very clearly, that the rules of engagement were thrown out because kids were present and at risk for being hit. That he would not take a shot if it put their lives at risk.

Did you guys actually watch the cspan video or just jump to where people told you to jump? If so, we are as bad as the liberals for taking things out of context when it suits our goals. I may not agree with him being retained on staff, but I don't see him in the same light as some of you.

He said he to would have taken the same shot. A shot on a person running away which required shooting at a spot and not the actual target. A shot which did not consider what was in the background. A shot which didnt need to be taken in the first place. A shot that killed a woman holding a baby. A shot where a womans older children saw their mothers face blown off.

IMHO Monroe's testimony was more about protecting the blue line than anything else. A fact that shows he has no integrity.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#14]
So after 21 pages I wonder if Steve is considering selling to Dick's again.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He said he to would have taken the same shot. A shot on a person running away which required shooting at a spot and not the actual target. A shot which did not consider what was in the background. A shot which didnt need to be taken in the first place. A shot that killed a woman holding a baby. A shot where a womans older children saw their mothers face blown off.

IMHO Monroe's testimony was more about protecting the blue line than anything else. A fact that shows he has no integrity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We as gun owners are some of our own worse enemies.
Especially if they support keeping a man who said he would have shot an unarmed woman holding a baby in the face.  

A little emphasis for those that still do not get it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So after 21 pages I wonder if Steve is considering selling to Dick's again.

View Quote

I laughed
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There's a difference though. Taking a shot at a suspected killer versus taking a shot at an innocent woman with a baby in her arms. That was all I was getting across. The man says clearly he would never take a shot with children in harms way. It's pulling one thing out of context and ignoring what he says later which contradicts this point everyone wants to push. I'm ok with taking info from the testimony, but take it all not just the parts which fit the argument.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a difference though. Taking a shot at a suspected killer versus taking a shot at an innocent woman with a baby in her arms. That was all I was getting across. The man says clearly he would never take a shot with children in harms way. It's pulling one thing out of context and ignoring what he says later which contradicts this point everyone wants to push. I'm ok with taking info from the testimony, but take it all not just the parts which fit the argument.

Suspected.  Shot in the back.  Judge.  Jury.  Executioner.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

.  Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled “Mistakes and Lessons of Ruby Ridge”.  

Thank you.  -Steve Troy
View Quote

I keep running iterations through Google and receiving nothing but links to your statement when I enter that title.  

Nowhere on the web is there any other reference to this presentation, its title, or Dale Monroe making any sort of presentation with that title.

I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him.
View Quote

Really?

Because it appears, that from these 1000+ civilians, not a single one of them so much as made a peep about.  No vendor posted an advertisement, or handbill, or banner announcing the presentation.

No hidden camera videos, no snapshots, no, "OMG! look who this is as the speaker today!"

Nothing but crickets on that presentation title that, supposedly, nullifies his past and validates his worth to this community.

Maybe he made his presentation on the back of a napkin and it was simply, and innocently, omitted from his hiring packet?

TRG
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I was wrong, apologized, and fixed my comment immediately. (It's on the previous page.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll have to side with our resident tranny lovin' brony on this, as GoatBoy's statement presumes that there is no difference between Law Enforcement on US soil, and a Soldier in a war zone.

WTF M8.

I was wrong, apologized, and fixed my comment immediately. (It's on the previous page.)

I doubt anyone is going to look back into the wildfire that is this thread.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF M8.

Right o, didn't see it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've seen a lot of info in this thread that's off.  For one, the law enforcement "rules of engagement" were to kill anyone armed, later amended to any armed male.  For two, Horiuchi knew his target and what was beyond it - he, with Monroe as his partner - took the shot anyway.  Then the FBI tried to hush up the fact that they knowingly took a bad shot.  Horiuchi was open about the shot, as he was within the unconstitutional, illegal ROE.  He was "only following orders".  Horiuchi's drawing was withheld from the court, because the FBI knew their ROE was murder.  Monroe as his partner was part of all of it.

Info for folks who haven't heard of it/read about it, take a minute and read, it's worth your time:

http://www.ruby-ridge.com/FromFreedomToSlavery.jpg

From Freedom to Slavery, by Gerry Spence

Written by Randy Weaver's defense attorney, the second chapter of the paperback edition is one of the best accounts of what happened at Ruby Ridge. With Gerry Spence's permission, it is reproduced here.

Also from Gerry Spence:

In ten years if some gun company hires ATF agents Bill "Gunwalker" Newell or ATF agent David "If you want to make an omelette you've got to scramble some eggs and murder Brian Terry and Jaime Zapata" Voth, I doubt anyone will take kindly to their excuses, either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've seen a lot of info in this thread that's off.  For one, the law enforcement "rules of engagement" were to kill anyone armed, later amended to any armed male.  For two, Horiuchi knew his target and what was beyond it - he, with Monroe as his partner - took the shot anyway.  Then the FBI tried to hush up the fact that they knowingly took a bad shot.  Horiuchi was open about the shot, as he was within the unconstitutional, illegal ROE.  He was "only following orders".  Horiuchi's drawing was withheld from the court, because the FBI knew their ROE was murder.  Monroe as his partner was part of all of it.

Info for folks who haven't heard of it/read about it, take a minute and read, it's worth your time:

http://www.ruby-ridge.com/FromFreedomToSlavery.jpg

From Freedom to Slavery, by Gerry Spence

Written by Randy Weaver's defense attorney, the second chapter of the paperback edition is one of the best accounts of what happened at Ruby Ridge. With Gerry Spence's permission, it is reproduced here.

The day following the shooting of Marshal Degan (whom the jury later found had been shot by Kevin Harris in self-defense) we see, from the testimony, the Associate Director of the Marshal Service, one Duke Smith, and the leader of the FBI Hostage Rescue Team, one Richard Rogers, being flown from Washington to Ruby Ridge where they would soon take on this "crazy skinhead," Randy Weaver, and his equally "crazy skinhead family." According to the testimony, the two men, their own neatly groomed heads together, are agreeing on a new shot-on-sight rule of engagement. A rule of engagement is a euphemism for the authority under which officers are authorized to kill citizens. Under common law, as under the laws of all fifty states, one can intentionally kill another only in self-defense, and then only if one reasonably believes that he or a third person is in imminent peril of death or serious bodily harm. This, too, was the essence of the FBI's traditional rule of engagement as set out in its regulations in plain, easy English, a rule by which the FBI and its Hostage Rescue Team were fully bound.

But now we see Rogers changed that rule. As they flew over the broad, flag plains toward the mountains of Idaho where ruby Ridge lay green as rubies are red, the law of the land was changed into a simple order to kill. Instead, it now read that snipers, bearing their heavy target rifles with their ten-power scopes that can put a bullet into a pea at two hundred yards, could and should kill any adult at the Weaver homestead who was armed, whether that person is threatening with a gun or not. This, when Randy or Kevin, yes, when even Vicki, innocently walked to the outhouse carrying their rifles, they were dead. Thus, when they ran out to see who had just driven up, as was their well-known habit, and they carried their rifles, which was also their well-known habit, they were dead. The officers who decreed into life this new death-dealing rule of engagement must have known from the hundreds of hours of surveillance films the marshals had previously collected that whenever the Weavers left the house they were always armed. The result of the new rule was that all the adults at the Weavers would now be shot, thus eliminating the troublesome Weaver problem once and for all, and in effect executing the well-known unwritten penalty imposed by cops against any who kill a cop.

Contemplate the enormity of the power of these two men from separate federal agencies as they changed the law of the land and, according to Eugene Glenn, On site Commander at Ruby Ridge, and Richard Rogers with the full knowledge and consent of the Assistant Director of the FBI, Larry Potts, in Washington headquarters. They were changing the law by decree, by a bald, secret order, in barely legible handwriting on a small piece of paper, an order that provides that the FBI snipers can and should kill any armed male at the so-called "Weaver compound." From the evidence, as we gathered it from our cross-examination, we watched Rogers change the law in the same way that any tyrant rules, by overt edict, one that emerges on the crest of a whim, without the consent, yes, without even the knowledge of the people. Rogers, with the power to command those who are trained to kill and who are willing to kill and who have at their disposal countless instruments of death, thus deployed such men and such instruments under these new death-warrant rules of engagement.

We were told that before the killing of Vicki Weaver, the new rule of engagement had been amended to read that the officers could and should shoot any armed male, as distinguished from the original language, any armed adult, who presented himself or herself at the Weaver compound. but the claim that there was such an amendment made before Vicki was shot is in my opinion suspect, for not only was the original order to shoot any armed adult -- which , of course, included Vicki -- but it was Vicki who, indeed was thus killed. For it was Vicki who, from the beginning, had been case by the marshals in the role of the leader, the brains, the heart and soul of the Weaver clan, it having been the marshal's conclusion that none of the Weavers would ever surrender so long as Vicki was alive.

After the shooting and after it became clear that the sniper, Lon Horiuchi, lead man on the FBI Hostage Rescue team, had killed an unarmed mother holding her baby, and considering the fact that no one held a warrant for Vicki's arrest (as the FBI had by then admitted to themselves), it seems more than likely that the new rule of engagement was amended, after the murder of Vicki Weaver, to provide for the killing of only armed males. Without such an amendment, how else could the officers convincingly contend that Vicki Weaver's death had been just a tragic mistake?

Nevertheless, unbeknown to the Weavers and under the cover of darkness, the FBI spread its Hostage Rescue Team across the way in positions that were unobservable to the Weavers -- six skilled sniper sharpshooters with their sniper guns resting readied for the kill along with six observers. The FBI had made no demand that the Weavers surrender before the officers were to fire. Nor had anyone even hinted to the Weavers that six sniper teams waited with their eyes pushed up against their scopes, ready to kill any armed male who walked out the front door.

"I'm hit," Randy hollered, and when Sara saw that her father was alive but stunned, she'd jumped in behind him and began pushing him out ahead of her. They had run, the three of them, Kevin in the rear, toward the house. They had run with their backs to the snipers. And, under my cross-examination, Horiuchi admitted that he was trying to kill the running Harris, for was not Horiuchi a sniper trained to kill, committed to kill in accordance with the new rule of engagement? And Randy Weaver and Kevin Harris, weren't they armed? More than that, Horiuchi admitted he believed it was Harris, not Weaver, whom he had shot in the first place, although Weaver stands about five feet seven and Harris stands well over six feet tall. And at the door, of course, stood Vicki, armed only with her ten-month-old child, Elisheba at her breast.

"I'm hit, Momma," Randy had cried to Vicki as he ran toward the door that Vicki had been holding open for them. "I'm hit."

"Get in here!" Vicki shouted, and those were her last words. We know the rest. Horiuchi's bullet smashed into her head and blew off the side of her face. And after she fell Randy pried the baby from her hands, and Randy and Sara dragged the body of their slain wife and mother over to the side of the kitchen where she lay, her blood flooding the kitchen floor. Sara spread a blanked over her dead mother. And after that, the body lay there for many days in the hot August air, rotting before the sight of the children, before the small child Rachel, the crying baby, and the Sara huddled with her father, waiting to be killed. And in the other room, Kevin Harris lay slowly dying of his chest wounds from the same bullet that had killed Vicki, and sometimes he begged Randy to kill him, to take his gun and to shoot him in the head to stop the unbearable agony.

In the meantime, the FBI sent agents who crawled under the house and stuck listening devices under the floor. And although Randy many times screamed out to the officers that they had killed his wife, the officers pretended they did not know she was dead, and they mercilessly taunted the family. "Did you sleep well last night, Vicki?" and "Show us the baby, Vicki? We had pancakes," and on it went. And the officers placed a robot on the front porch that was equipped with a sawed-off shotgun, and the FBI approached the Weaver house only in an armored personnel carrier, a tank of sorts, and the FBI brought up its negotiator who spoke to the Weavers over a bull horn. The FBI kept spotlights on the small house all night, and played loud music so the people inside could not sleep, and the FBI tried to drive the people, if not out of the house, then out of their minds.

Also from Gerry Spence:

And, of course, we remember that Lon Horiuchi, who had taken the stand, had testified that, indeed, he had intended to kill Kevin Harris, who was running for his life, his back to the sniper. Yet the prosecution claimed that the sniper, who admittedly could see and hit a fly at two hundred yards with his ten-power scope, could not see the head of Vicki Weaver through the glass window of the open door. Instead, the prosecution attempted to make the jury believe that the curtains were closed. But from my own discussion with Randy that fact seemed in question, especially after the government failed to produce a crucial Horiuchi drawing of what the sniper had seen when fired.

From the drawing made by Horiuchi during an interview with the FBI at a hotel, on hotel stationery, he draws in no closed curtains at all. In the lower right-hand corner of the window we see two partial heads

http://www.ruby-ridge.com/horiuchi.gif

as if people were squatting there. Indeed, Randy and Sara had dived into the house just ahead of Kevin Harris. And it was Harris, not Weaver, who presumably had killed a federal officer, and who Horiuchi himself was admittedly trying to kill, whether or not he was carrying out the unwritten law that seemed to doom the cop-killer. Be that as it may, the method of hitting a running target is for the shooter to place the "mildot" seen in the scope on the target -- harris in this case -- which places the crosshairs ahead of the target, thus leading the target, so the bullet and the target will arrive simultaneously. Shortly after the killing this is exactly as Horiuchi himself drew it for the FBI interrogator.

Horiuchi's drawing shows us that he must have known that human beings were behind the flimsy door. He had to know that someone, presumably Vicki or ten-year-old Rachel, was likely standing behind the door to hold it open. Moreover, the drawing proves he knew exactly where it did strike -- at the cross, as he shows it in the drawing. Vicki Weaver's head was behind the cross, that apocalyptic symbol, which served also as the point of aim for the killer.

When Howen confessed to the judge that the FBI had withheld this pivotal piece of evidence, Horiuchi's drawing, His Honor, Edward Lodge, was irate. A legal as well as a moral obligation demands that the government produce all of its exculpatory evidence in its possession, that is, all evidence that is favorable to the defendant. From the outset we had told the jury that the evidence would establish that Mrs. Weaver was intentionally shot by the federal agent. The Horiuchi exhibit, withheld from us by the FBI, supported the conclusion that, at a minimum, the sniper knew human beings were behind the door into which he was shooting, presumably Vicki. But perhaps the drawing, along with the killing of Vicki Weaver, implied more -- that Horiuchi could see where his bullet would strike, that with his high-powered scope he could plainly make out the most minute details of Vicki Weaver's head and frightened face.

What does a judge do with an omnipotent FBI that will violate the law as well as the rights of innocent citizens by withholding evidence that is crucial to freedom?

In ten years if some gun company hires ATF agents Bill "Gunwalker" Newell or ATF agent David "If you want to make an omelette you've got to scramble some eggs and murder Brian Terry and Jaime Zapata" Voth, I doubt anyone will take kindly to their excuses, either.

That Spence can write well. He's probably a pretty good defense attorney too.

[I intend to be laudatory.]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Edit; missed GB's change as mentioned above.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I keep running iterations through Google and receiving nothing but links to your statement when I enter that title.  

Nowhere on the web is there any other reference to this presentation, its title, or Dale Monroe making any sort of presentation with that title.

Really?

Because it appears, that from these 1000+ civilians, not a single one of them so much as made a peep about.  No vendor posted an advertisement, or handbill, or banner announcing the presentation.

No hidden camera videos, no snapshots, no, "OMG! look who this is as the speaker today!"

Nothing but crickets on that presentation title that, supposedly, nullifies his past and validates his worth to this community.

Maybe he made his presentation on the back of a napkin and it was simply, and innocently, omitted from his hiring packet?

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.  Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled “Mistakes and Lessons of Ruby Ridge”.  

Thank you.  -Steve Troy

I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him.

Really?

TRG

If TRG can't find it, it doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

[I intend to be laudatory.]
View Quote

Stop quoting the whole thing or I am going to petition for the ROE to be changed for the mods and staff about this kind of stuff.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Really?

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.  -Steve Troy

Really?

TRG

I found one Rotary Club bulletin announcing him as a guest speaker. "Serving his country in special ways, Dale Monroe has tales to tell, and we want to hear them."

That is all I found about his public speaking engagements.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Now I'm confused. Does he or does he not have ultimate authority over employees in companies bearing his name? He's claimed both.

Everything he's said is impossible to verify. It's like trying to sew Jello. In my experience, that's not reassuring.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because hiring weiss was a good idea?  I'm not saying he hired him, but he didn't have a problem with it until we did.

Exactly. This is what I have read, from Troy's own keyboard:

1. Troy and TA are searate entities.
2. Troy does not do the hiring at TA.
3. Troy let Weis go.

These 3 statements are inconsistent with each other. But then again, what I saw last December and just a few weeks ago with Troy regarding Dick's, and what they have said with this snafu is very inconsistent.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:03:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Troy fan. Like I said, I read the Wikipedia since the thread started, so I'm basically an expert now.
View Quote

So you admittedly are willing to overlook the atrocities at RR and the fuck ups by those involved because your a fan of Troys products?  Your moral compass is on par with the company you'd like to keep.  Pathetic.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's ok, I deserve the extra beating you got in and probably a few more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF M8.

Right o, didn't see it.

It's ok, I deserve the extra beating you got in and probably a few more.

To quote a good movie:

"Deserve ain't got nothin' to do with it."
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.  -Steve Troy

I did the same search.

I'd sure love to see that slide deck.   How about you all post it?

Frankly, I suspect the "mistakes" will something along the lines of LEO should have more quickly escalated with overwhelming (you might call it "asymmetric") force so as to prevent a standoff.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#33]
the way i see it.  troy has lots of comparable competition.  ill just buy from them.  i am anti tyranny. i cant forgive someone who took part in something like ruby ridge.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Guys, I'm going to be honest here, and make a suggestion.

In light of the BS that Troy stands for now, there is something that can be done where the effects will be felt at Troy financially, even more than simply so many of us not buying new products, and that is, to flood the market with all of our used Troy products.

If the market is flooded with Troy products, then the market for new stuff will be be greatly diminished. Each used sale creates a loss of new sale. Troy doesn't make a dime on the product since it's used, but, they will be liable for warranty repairs in many cases.

If you have friends that are building something new, and want good quality but can't spend the cash, sell them your used Troy goods at a discount.

Get a hand written receipt from your buddy that just shows you sold one of their products, with your name, and the reason you sold it, and put it in an envelope and mail it in to Troy.

Then, whatever you were going to buy new that Troy would have been an option for, buy something from a competitor, and send a copy of the receipt , with you name, and why you didn't buy Troy.

View Quote

I like this idea.

...maybe sellers should grind the Troy logo off of the part before selling it, though- ya know, to justify selling it at such a discount.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm not going to read all the way through this but let me see if I have it straight. Troy hired a former FBI guy that participated in Ruby Ridge, internet freaks out, Troy fires him, internet remains freaked out. Is this accurate?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks like I will have to change out 4 handguards and buis with Yhm.  Sorry Troy, I just can't stand to look at your logo after all this snafu. It's quite sad even though you make a decent product, between this and the Dicks SG problems I will never use your stuff again.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

If arfcom bandwagon boycotts actually worked, there wouldn't be a single gun/gun accessory manufacturer/dealer left in business.
View Quote
Um... Dicks......   Just saying
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I found one Rotary Club bulletin announcing him as a guest speaker. "Serving his country in special ways, Dale Monroe has tales to tell, and we want to hear them."

That is all I found about his public speaking engagements.
View Quote

http://www.alhambrarotary.com/IMupload/newsletter/20120424_newsletter.pdf

Valid that he was listed as a speaker.  Not valid about his presentation on Ruby Ridge.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm not going to read all the way through this but let me see if I have it straight. Troy hired a former FBI guy that participated in Ruby Ridge, internet freaks out, Troy fires him, internet remains freaked out. Is this accurate?
View Quote

No.

Troy has hired 2, fired 1 - the one left was responsible for willingly shooting an unarmed woman holding a baby.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#43]
It would seem that now is a great time to be Midwest Industries... and Gissele, and Parallax Tactical, the list goes on.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I like this idea.

...maybe sellers should grind the Troy logo off of the part before selling it, though- ya know, to justify selling it at such a discount.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In light of the BS that Troy stands for now, there is something that can be done where the effects will be felt at Troy financially, even more than simply so many of us not buying new products, and that is, to flood the market with all of our used Troy products.

If the market is flooded with Troy products, then the market for new stuff will be be greatly diminished. Each used sale creates a loss of new sale. Troy doesn't make a dime on the product since it's used, but, they will be liable for warranty repairs in many cases.

If you have friends that are building something new, and want good quality but can't spend the cash, sell them your used Troy goods at a discount.

Get a hand written receipt from your buddy that just shows you sold one of their products, with your name, and the reason you sold it, and put it in an envelope and mail it in to Troy.

Then, whatever you were going to buy new that Troy would have been an option for, buy something from a competitor, and send a copy of the receipt , with you name, and why you didn't buy Troy.

I like this idea.

Quoted:

The only thing I have to add:
Quoted:
This thread prompted me to "fix" my rail.  It was surprisingly easy and should definitely increase resale value.  The downside is that it will no longer be usable to create a JBT rifle clone...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--epyT0R2ZkY/UhwtFvzgZmI/AAAAAAAAEiQ/7lW0WRCgDtE/s1024/IMG_3461-001.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-DzYOt2esjiQ/UhwtsBdJozI/AAAAAAAAEik/V8UK6f7Tq6g/s912/IMG_3462-001.JPG  

Every used troy sold should have this done.

Already been suggested. It got arashi a bronze membership.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No. Troy hired an anti2nd guy. Freak out.  Troy fires him immediately. People found out they also hired the former FBI guy who participated in Ruby Ridge. Freak out 2. Troy announced they will retain said FBI guy. Freak out part 3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Troy hired an anti2nd guy. Freak out.  Troy fires him immediately. People found out they also hired the former FBI guy who participated in Ruby Ridge. Freak out 2. Troy announced they will retain said FBI guy. Freak out part 3.

ok, thank you
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm not going to read all the way through this but let me see if I have it straight. Troy hired a former FBI guy that participated in Ruby Ridge and justifies killing an innocent woman, internet freaks out, Troy fires keeps him, internet remains freaked out. Is this accurate?
View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It would seem that now is a great time to be Midwest Industries... and Gissele, and Parallax Tactical, the list goes on.
View Quote

I'm going to have to wait on a my Geissele rail, but my new upper came with a very nice Midwestern one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Being the partner of the guy who shot an unarmed woman who was standing on the other side of a door he put a bullet into trying to hit a man running through the door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Troy has hired 2, fired 1 - the one left was responsible for willingly shooting an unarmed woman holding a baby.

Being the partner of the guy who shot an unarmed woman who was standing on the other side of a door he put a bullet into trying to hit a man running through the door.

You forgot the part about him testifying before a Congressional commitee that he a) thought the shooting was Consitutional, and b) he would have done the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What reaction would you had preferred your site's members to have?
Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top