BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:47:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My brother was deer hunting with a bow. He climbed a tree to get a better shot at the deer.  He had an arrow tipped with a broadhead and was about to take a shot at a deer when the limb he was on broke. When he hit the ground, the arrow went into his right calf.  He was able to limp back to the road to try and get to his truck. A Deputy Sheriff was driving by and saw him. The deputy drove a 100+ mph all the way to the hospital. The doctor that removed the arrow was a doctor in a MASH unit in Vietnam and was a good trauma surgeon. My brother needed 8 or 9 units of blood.  

The Doctor said if my brother had tried to pull the arrow out, he would have bled to death in 3 to 5 minutes. If the deputy had not have been there, he would have bled to death in 15 to 20 minutes. My brother was sent home after 2 days. He had to return to the hospital 2 days later because of a bad infection. The doctor told my parents that if he could not stop the infection, he would have to amputate my brother's leg. My brother spent 6 more days in the hospital and did not lose his leg.  He had to go back for a follow up surgery and spent 2 more days in the hospital before coming home. This was in 1978 or 79.
View Quote

Years back my dad and his friend were hunting together when  his friend got a buck. This was rifle season mind you. As his friend is dressing it he notices that he's bleeding, not the deer. His thigh had been sliced cleanly open. My dad had to stitch him shut with a sewing kit out of his first aid kit.

They found a broadhead that had passed through part of the deer and was partially exposed, not well enough to see but enough to slice right through his thigh as he was dressing the deer out. The arrow itself was nowhere to be seen, only the head was left in the hide. Most likely from the archery season just before rifle season.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:47:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Did something similar when I was much younger, like 6-7 -- exited a tree fort by sliding down a rope.
The rope was a tow rope with a hook on the end that went straight across the sack. Bad owie.

Fortunately no stitches or complications, just a really bad laceration, not deep enough to break through
the scrotum but damn close. Freaking blood everywhere.

Another weird injury was that I broke my big toe, one of our cats tried to trip me at 2AM when I got up to
get a drink of water and I collapsed in a contorted way as I tried to avoid crushing the cat in my fall.
Just before I hit the ground I heard the toe make a loud popping sound, apparently as the tendon ripped
from the bone.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My brother, age 13, was goofing with his friends and did something involving a 1970’s backyard play scape.

Long screw sticking out tore his scrotum open.

Yes. I feel your cringe.

I was 17, he walked in the door bleeding. I did what I could not to freak out and stop bleeding.

Did something similar when I was much younger, like 6-7 -- exited a tree fort by sliding down a rope.
The rope was a tow rope with a hook on the end that went straight across the sack. Bad owie.

Fortunately no stitches or complications, just a really bad laceration, not deep enough to break through

Another weird injury was that I broke my big toe, one of our cats tried to trip me at 2AM when I got up to
get a drink of water and I collapsed in a contorted way as I tried to avoid crushing the cat in my fall.
Just before I hit the ground I heard the toe make a loud popping sound, apparently as the tendon ripped
from the bone.

A guy I knew in high school was sneaking into the city pool at night for a swim.  As he was climbing over the fence he slipped and tore off his left nut on top of the fence. the other guys with him loaded him up and drove him to the ER.

A friend that I was in the Marines with was playing softball at a company picknick, he was the catcher for his team. He DID NOT have on a cup. Some dude was running into home and stuck out his leg as he was sliding in. My friend  
was knocked out when they collided at home plate. My friend woke up in the hospital in bed. He said he was all doped up and did not feel any pain.

His wife was sitting next to him crying. He asked her what was wrong, and she could not tell him. The doctor came in and told my friend that he had lost his left testicle. My friend started laughing and said tell me what really happened. His wife said it is true. When the guy was sliding into home and stuck out his foot, his cleat caught you in the crotch and ripped off your left nut. My friend said he immediately threw up at hearing that.

I would never have thought you could lose your balls playing softball.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:50:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Weird ways that someone I know was injured...

Girl from our church went to Waterworld with a German foreign exchange student that her parents were hosting. He stood up on one of the raft rides, fell on her, and broke her neck. She spent 8 months in the hospital. Now she's a quadriplegic.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Coworker broke his dick. Hot fat ass chick broke his dick riding him hard ! They had to operate 9m his dick! He told his wife he got hit with a softball at work????
View Quote

I’d wager my next paycheck that either you or this buddy of yours drives a Dodge Ram
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:57:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Guy I went to basic with, I see him in the gym when I'm a few months away from etsing for a 3 year contract.

I go hey dude you work here? He goes yeah, the first jump I broke my back. The first jump we did in division, they dropped a ton of us into the trees and a tree collapsed his canopy and he fell quite a ways. I also got dropped into the trees, but my canopy had gotten snagged in a tree so I slid down it like a koala and had a shitload of splinters in my hands.

Kind of sucks if you join the army after 9/11, want to go overseas and then you get hurt your first week in division and spend 2+ years in hospitals then are a broke dick working in the gym.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:57:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Friends thought it was good idea to go down a closed black diamond trail at our local mountain.

One tore his kneecap off when he fell.  Didn't realize how bad it was until he got to the bottom and the inside of his snow pants were soggy with blood.  Had to get an artificial knee cap.  

Saw a kid get shredded by a boat prop right in front of me.  Kid and way too many other people were on a small pontoon rental at OC, and about 3 kids were sitting on the front outside of the railing.  Driver hits a small wake, kids fall off.  Lots of screaming and panic and terrible decisions.

When I was a kid my best friend was our neighbor, a few years older than me.  One day we were playing out back and for some reason had a claw hammer.  Don't know what made him do it, but he hit a basketball with the hammer.  Claws ended up in his forehead.  

We had a slip and slide that for some reason had metal stakes to hold it down.  All the kids in the neighborhood were there taking turns going down.  One girl somehow hits the stake just right and completely splits the side of her calf wide open. Blood everywhere, ambulance ride for her. Rest of the day was ruined for us as my parents took the slip and slide away.

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 1:04:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 1:17:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
 A guy I knew in high school was sneaking into the city pool at night for a swim.  As he was climbing over the fence he slipped and tore off his left nut on top of the fence. the other guys with him loaded him up and drove him to the ER.

A friend that I was in the Marines with was playing softball at a company picknick, he was the catcher for his team. He DID NOT have on a cup. Some dude was running into home and stuck out his leg as he was sliding in. My friend  
was knocked out when they collided at home plate. My friend woke up in the hospital in bed. He said he was all doped up and did not feel any pain.

His wife was sitting next to him crying. He asked her what was wrong, and she could not tell him. The doctor came in and told my friend that he had lost his left testicle. My friend started laughing and said tell me what really happened. His wife said it is true. When the guy was sliding into home and stuck out his foot, his cleat caught you in the crotch and ripped off your left nut. My friend said he immediately threw up at hearing that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My brother, age 13, was goofing with his friends and did something involving a 1970's backyard play scape.

Yes. I feel your cringe.

I was 17, he walked in the door bleeding. I did what I could not to freak out and stop bleeding.

from the bone.

Military softball is actually pretty serious business. We were once on a sucky FTX up in frozen Germany and the company softball team got to make a quick exit stage right and go play in big tournament that lasted for weeks

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 1:24:34 AM EDT
[#9]
my neighbor calls me early on a saturday morning, 2019, help i can’t move, i’m stuck on the steps inside.

hungover, i stumble down. kneecap has now relocated up to  his quad.

patella alta (ruptured patellar tendon). felt terrible - first day of the weekend, home alone without a wife or kids. just getting projects done. ugh, that looked painful.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 1:29:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Was just talking about this today. Back when I was a reserve deputy (here we called it Sheriff's Posse)  I went on an emergency call about a tractor ran in a pond.

18 year old kid was mowing in a pecan orchard.  Tractor had a muffler through the hood.  A 3 inch limb caught on the muffler, and when it released, it hit the kid in the forehead and snapped his neck, DRT.

Tractor just went into pond and stopped with rear wheels still half on land. Kid was nowhere to be seen. Holy hell, a mower behind the tractor! (Yep, I thought the same thing )  But he had fell forward and hung his foot on the gearshift lever and was submerged with just his foot showing.
View Quote

That's freaking terrible.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 1:41:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I was putting crime scene tape up at a stabbing, went to wrap the tape around the pole, stood up and hit a metal sign affixed to the pole.

Walked around the scene for a good two minutes pouring blood from the bridge of my nose before I was told to "look in the mirror and stop bleeding all over the crime scene." Gave all the guys a good laugh.

Had no idea I was cut.

9 stitches from the top of the nose bridge to just above the fatty part above the nostrils.

Scar sunburns like a MOFO now.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 1:45:32 AM EDT
[#12]
High school friend left my cousins keg party one night and decided to jump a fence for a shortcut home. He ended up landing on a rose bush with a stake holding it up. The stake punctured him right between his ball sack and asshole. He pulled it out, went home & crashed.
Spent months in the hospital, and a fair amount of time wearing a colostomy bag while his punctured colon healed up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 1:50:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Coworker broke his dick. Hot fat ass chick broke his dick riding him hard ! They had to operate 9m his dick! He told his wife he got hit with a softball at work????
View Quote

seen this a time or two in the OR....always an interesting, “story.”
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 2:03:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I bled all over a library bathroom in Monterey, CA. Was looking for a book, and had to squat down to the bottom shelf. I lost my balance a little and started to sway backward, so I reached behind me to grab something for stability. I grabbed the metal shelf, but my thumb caught an edge and slid down, gouging a 1-inch long piece of flesh off it. It started bleeding like crazy, so I ran to the bathroom to get towels and stop the bleeding. After a couple minutes, that shit wouldn't stop so I decided to ask the librarian for a first aid kit. I paused before departing the bathroom to look back, and there was blood smeared all over the sink, splattered across walls, and smeared all over the floor. It looked like a crime scene. When I reached the front desk, the librarian nearly fainted seeing all the blood still running from my thumb and pooling on the counter. They didn't have a first aid kit, but she drove me to the clinic in her POV. I still have a scar there today.

Edit: Okay, you said SERIOUSLY injured. In hindsight this doesn't really count, but it is pretty weird.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 2:22:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I was working on a bridge construction site a few years ago and we all got called into a staff meeting after an accident. They were driving the first test pile for the bridge and the pile got away from them to the point where the pile driver fired out of contact with it. Apparently it fired the pile buffer out the bottom and it landed on a young guy's head and killed him. The admin lady started offering me condolences and I didn't understand why until she told me I had just done an equal pay and opportunity interview for the kid the month prior

On a different job, I knew a young guy who was helping pull post-tensioning cable into a big box girder on a really tall flyover, about 120' in the air. He got a couple fingers into a pinch point at the wrong moment and the cable puller "snatched" them off. From what the crew said, he very calmly reached for his radio, called out "all stop, all stop, i just cut my fuckin' fingers off", then ran screaming all the way down a temporary stair gantry to the ground. Fucking company bandaged it up, gave him some OTC pain meds, and had him waiting like half a day for proper medical care afterward...
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 2:26:29 AM EDT
[#16]
A buddy of mine was bar hopping, then went to a brewery.  By the time he finished the night he had gotten his swerve on righteously.

He decides to walk home, and get his truck in the morning. Feeling his oats, he walks across the front lawn of the brewery to the waist high bar fence that has the old style spikes on the top.

He vaults it, totally fucks it up and tears the crotch out of his pants. No biggie.

Gets home, goes to shower and finds his nutsack his totally splayed open.

At first, considered just putting gauze on it and dealing with it in the morning. Then considers what is at stake. Calls a buddy who lives down the street for a ride to the ER.

The medical pros marveled at it. "How did you do this!?!" He shrugs, and tells them take all the pictures you want, I don't care. The nurses took many pictures.

He has since raised a nice family and doesn't go to bars anymore but will still share the pictures of when he almost castrated himself.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 2:56:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Jeez, I never would have guessed there are some many dudes out there who have torn their nutsack open . I even recall a guy in junior high talking about someone he knew who did it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 3:23:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Wife knows a lady who used hand sanitizers excessively.

She went up the stairs an bumb her left index finger.

Opened up a small slit around her finger nail.

She lost both feet to just below the knees.

Right hand and all the fingers on her left except the one she hit.

Flesh eating bacteria.  She had no immunity due to constant use of sanitizers.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 3:36:22 AM EDT
[#19]
My uncle recently died from getting scratched by a staple.

Was working on a project inside the house and a stray staple nicked his leg. Four days later he was in the hospital with septic shock and died the same day. Was a healthy guy in every way but in his 70s.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 3:44:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I worked with a guy that broke his ankle just walking down the hallway at work, didn't slip and fall or anything.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:33:12 AM EDT
[#21]
My dad bought a Russian Makarov and shot it without cleaning off the factory grease and oil preservatives first. He's a big guy with big hands and the slide scratched his hand pretty good when it recoiled. He ended up with a nasty infection that took months of treatment with strong antibiotics to cure.

My mom was a nurse for 30+ years. The most bizarre case she had was a guy who nailed his dick and sack to the plywood floor he was sitting on. Apparently when he yanked on the air hose to get some slack, there was none. As the hose snapped back the nail gun dropped into his lap and fired.

The EMTs had to cut the wood floor out around the guy, leaving the piece he was nailed to with him. They put him on the gurney laying on his side with the plywood rectangle still attached for the trip to the ER. Fortunately the nail missed his balls amd he had a relatively uneventful and full recovery.

My buddy used to work on B-2 bombers. As part of the stealth features, the landing gear and bomb bay doors have a razor sharp edge where they overlap the fuselage of the jet. There are rubber guards that slide over these edges to protect the maintainers when they are working around those areas.

Being young, inexperienced, and in a hurry he and his coworker neglected to install these safety covers. The coworker, in a hurry and not paying attention, turned around quickly to go get something and ran into one of the landing gear doors. He sliced open his upper arm from the shoulder to his elbow, as if someone had hit him with a samurai sword.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:48:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Lumberjacks in Oregon wore suspenders a lot so in the 70's during high school it became sort of a fad as a fashion accessory and a few guys wore them. We were at a local burger place hanging out and a suspender wearing classmate come in with nose all bandaged up, face purple and swelled up. At first wouldn't say what happened then admitted he was in the bathroom getting dressed and did a quick forward bow to flip the suspenders over his shoulders and smacked his face on the sink.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:51:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Over the years went to a lot of death scenes. The usual agricultural equipment deaths, car wreck related fatalities etc Probably one of the weirdest was a guy delivering liquid nitrogen to an agricultural facility. There was a leak in the delivery equipment and he died on the spot.
Dismembered bodies, self inflicted gun shots, you get used to it after a while.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:59:02 AM EDT
[#24]
My wife tripped on a small stick while
playing duck duck goose and broke her pinky finger.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:18:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Friend shot half his left index finger off with a SBR.    Surprisingly little blood or pain.  Other than a very short left index finger, few repercussions.
Another friend was running his planer, a large one with spiral carbide inserts.   Shut it off, waited awhile, stuck his left hand in to pull out some chips or sawdust.  High mass drum was still spinning at a good clip.  Lost the tips of several fingers.  Lots of issues with the hand still years later.   It probably would have been a cleaner cut if it had been under power and possibly cleaner if it had been knives instead of inserts.
When my brother was a teenager, a pony bit his dick severely (through his pants).
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Jeez, I never would have guessed there are some many dudes out there who have torn their nutsack open . I even recall a guy in junior high talking about someone he knew who did it.
View Quote

I bet it's not that many, but the first story people tell when it happens
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:36:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Welp. No more steel bristle brushes for my grill after reading this
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:56:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Friend blew out both knee caps carry in a couch upstairs
They were both halfway up his quadriceps
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:00:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Guy riding on a bike trail northeast of Cincinnati. Branch sticking out from the wooded side of the trail. Hits branch with his leg. EMS responds and hospital visit follows.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#30]
if i remember the story correctly one of my wifes friends stubbed/broke her toe, went to bed and died. it induced a stroke some way or another.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Lawn dart through the left testicle
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Tried to blow up the gas tank in a old car shooting at it.

Buddies bullet ricocheted and went a half inch in my arm.

We had to do self aid as mom would have took my rifle had she found out.

Cleaned the wound with a old bottle of iodine in dads shop and put duct tape over it.

We drove to K mart and got some gauze and tape to cover the wound.

View Quote

Back when men were men
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:21:14 AM EDT
[#33]
I worked an insurance investigation many years ago wherein a farm hand was clearing a fence line near a creek and managed to run himself over with a Caterpillar D6 dozer

think about a toothpaste tube crushed flat, with the entire contents mashed out of the tube through the cap (his head)

I can't help but wonder what the poor guy was thinking, laying on the ground when the tracks reached his knees, then legs and waist

they found the dozer still running and stopped in a ditch hours after the accident, when he didnt show up at the time clock that night
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My brother, age 13, was goofing with his friends and did something involving a 1970’s backyard play scape.

Yes. I feel your cringe.

View Quote

When I was around 8 some friends and I were taking turns, running and jumping over a fire hydrant. I came up short on about my 3rd pass and cut my taint. Ran crying to mom thinking I was going to die.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:26:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My uncle recently died from getting scratched by a staple.

Was working on a project inside the house and a stray staple nicked his leg. Four days later he was in the hospital with septic shock and died the same day. Was a healthy guy in every way but in his 70s.
View Quote

FIL had somthing like this

said he had "back pain"
brought to local Angel o Death hospital
they kept him overnight and decided they had no idea
sent by ambulance to regional "big' hospital
same symptoms--but worse
We put symptoms into the google and came back with spinal infection (there was some fancy name)
told the doctors this--got the "ya, sure, whatever" response
few days later--dead
guess what fancy named spinal infection they put on the cause of death....
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:40:32 AM EDT
[#36]
another work comp situation, an employee was mowing near the company sign at the edge of the parking lot using a Cub Cadet and brush hog attachment

tried to back the brush hog underneath the signage uprights, foot apparently slipped off the clutch while the tractor was in reverse, pinning him between the steering wheel and the sign...a customer came in screaming there was a guy dead, pasted to the sign out front of the main office   cause of death multiple blunt trauma and "mechanical asphyxiation"

Old retired oilfield worker who still did well servicing on the side...go out each morning, check gas well records (circular cardboard charts) note repairs needed at each well, drive to the next well...always had this little Jack Russell terrier with him everywhere he went. He stopped to check a gas well meter and left the engine running...little dog apparently jumped up on the steering wheel to see his master and accidentally knocked the shift lever out of "Park" into D1...his pickup hit him from behind and pinned him against the gas meter doghouse.
"mechanical asphyxiation" strikes again...killed by a Jack Russell terrier (driving a Ford F150 no less)

Garbage truck driver before dawn...eating "breakfast pizza" and drinking coffee at the wheel while cursing on the cell phone about his neighbor who built a fence on HIS property, surveys, gonna sue someone...then hangs up the phone, climbs down out of the cab and walks forward to pull a dumpster away from a building so he can hook-up and empty it with the truck

dash cams can be so fucking cruel: got to see the old guy walking up to the dumpster, completely unaware he forgot to set the parking brake and the compactor truck is creeping up behind him...hits him from behind and carries him straight into the steel dumpster, and then pushes him and the dumpster through the brick wall of the building behind the dumpster...all recorded by the truck's forward and rear taxi cameras
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Couple of months ago a good buddy of mine was changing the bearing on his boat trailer. Gave the tire one final spin and caught his wrist between the fender and spinning tire. He starts hollaring, I run over and can see the bones in his arm just above his wrist and blood squirting really good. I grab a tourniquet that I keep in my truck and put it on him and get the squirting to stop. I told him we need to call 911 and he insists on not doing that and going to a walk in clinic (he's 64 and pretty much broke, said he couldn't afford to), I told him I'd pay for it and he doesn't really have a choice. Gets an ambulance ride to the hospital, he said the had to reattach the veins or arteries (He couldn't remember)  and stitch him back up. Docs at the hospital said it was a good thing he had a tourniquet close. I'm happy to help him pay his hospital bill
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:45:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I slept on my arm wrong, it damaged a nerve in the arm that sends motor signals to the hand, and I lost function of my right hand for a month.

Try shaving or brushing your teeth with your left hand if you're ever bored.
View Quote

Saturday Night Palsy.

You a pass-out drunk, by chance?
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#39]
A business associate was an avid motorcycle rider. He took a cross-country ride with his buddies. At some point he received a very small but deep burn on his leg. He didn’t want to ruin the trip, so just kept on riding. Got home and went to a doctor, whom prescribed antibiotics, days later he was in the ER, a few days after that, he died of sepsis.

I worked construction for a couple years in my 20s. I saw all sorts of weird injures. Don’t fuck around with rebar.

Worked overseas with a guy who was performing a field survey, alone. He got very sick and was trying to get back to Kathmandu. He was stranded in a small village, felt like he was going to die. By chance a Nepali Government official he knew from another project was passing through the area, heard about the foreigner who was in and out of consciousness, went to investigate and found my colleague near death. He was extracted by helicopter (only an option because of his association with the government official) and then flown to Bangkok for advanced treatment. He had contracted Cerebral Malaria and was lucky to have survived.

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#40]
When I was 14 I was on a rope swing and fell off at the apex of the swing. I did a perfect somersault in the air and did an Olympic level stuck landing right on my feet. However. My arms swung down, and my wrists hit my legs just above my knees. I had two huge bruises on my legs, and two broken wrists.

I broke my wrists on my own damn legs........

I hit myself so hard, I broke my arm bones on my leg bones..... goddamnit.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#41]
another dash cam moment...cement truck driver carrying a 5+"" yard load suddenly has a Big Mac Heart Attack" at the wheel and meets his loving Lord and Savior while he's driving a fully loaded mixer truck 65 mph down a state highway (Natural heart attack not work related, just died at the wheel. The driver weighed over 300 lbs ,, could only fit his ass into hog-washer overalls, smoked like a chimney and ate most of his meals at cheap drive-throughs)

the dash cam lurches and begins to spin...but the camera is still stuck to the windshield and it's the mixer truck that is tumbling down the highway, rolled 3 times.

Did ya'll know the mixers on the backs of cement trucks are NOT bolted down? Just like a tank turret, it's only gravity keeping them in place

The mixer...holding over 5 yards of concrete kept rolling down a state highway at 50+ mph, through a fence and through a business parking lot and crushed 12 cars, ironically at a recycling facility
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#42]
I remember this one:

It was still dark the morning Ruperto Vazquez-Carrera began his shift at Sunrise Organic Dairy. It was mid-February 2016. A winter heat wave had melted snow and ice overnight, flooding part of the rural Jerome County farm. A foot of standing water made it hard to tell where the feeding area ended and the deep pond that held the farm’s manure began. Vazquez-Carrera got into a feed truck to deliver the cows their morning meal. About 5:30 a.m., he called his brother, who also worked at the farm, to warn him about the conditions. By sunrise, Vazquez-Carrera, a 37-year-old husband and father of six, was dead. Vazquez-Carrera had mistakenly driven the truck into the manure pond. He managed to get free and he tried to swim back to solid ground. But he was disoriented and swam in the wrong direction, according to the county sheriff. Divers found his body 70 yards from the truck.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/news/nation-world/national/article161313948.html#storylink=cpy
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#43]
I tore the top of my shaft about 1/2” down from the head from a high bar incident on the gymnastics team.

The trainer was like Wow! No fucking way. LOL,  Not my wheelhouse, go to the school nurse.

It was odd, to say the least, attempting to describe the injury to her…she kinda looked like the red headed bully from Christmas Story.

She told me to ice it and handed me a handful of bandaids.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
When my brother was a teenager, a pony bit his dick severely (through his pants).
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:35:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Mid Eighties working at an ice cream plant a guy cut his thumb off as one of the guards was removed from the machinerary. Amazing how in a single second your life can completely change.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Does sitting on a sheet of plywood and getting blown off the truck with the plywood and ran over by a big truck count?
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Fellow worked as a propane/gas delivery man.  While he was screwing a cap on a gas bottle, a tiny steel splinter became lodged in his finger.  He took a pen knife and tried to work it out.

He developed an infection and toxic shock.  He was dead within 36 hours.

Woman working at Taco Bell got her breast caught in a tomato wedger and severed her nipple.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#48]
18 year old drunk me, partying with the boys for my birthday, we filled up one of the large trash can on wheels with beer cans. Friend says, Hey Glocked you should jump off in the trash can and stomp the beer cans down. Drunk me seen a 10’ ladder next to the trash can. I climbed to the top, jumped off into the trash can. Trash can went East, I went west, my shoes were picked up about 20 yards North. Concussion for my 18th Birthday.

19th Birthday involved a dull knife, tequila and cutting my finger to the bone while trying to cut a lime. Got stitches later that night, no numbing, my friend brought everything else he needed home from the hospital.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Friend of mine in high school was killed in wood shop class one day.

How?

He was plugging an electric lathe into a wall outlet, and “somehow” got electrocuted.

And to this day, that’s never been explained.

RIP Rob.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#50]
cleaning 2 inches of snow off a work truck, slipped on some ice and went down. still dont have mobility in my left shoulder.  DOL SUCKS for gettign medical treatment/PT/anything.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top