Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#1]
How much would it cost to win the war?

Its like the climate war, how much would it cost to stop a hurricane?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Every dead Russian, jet/helicopter, tank, IFV, APC, truck, cruise missile, ship, sub, weapons stockpile, is another piece of Russian trash, Americans don't have to fight later.

Whether its in Russia's hands or some other Russian financed subordinate.

We spend 100B in Ukraine and by most accounts half of Russia's modern military is destroyed.

All the KA-50/52s, Mi-28s, T-80s, T-90s, Su-34, Su'27/35, TU-22s, S-400s, the Moskva, the rest of the Black Sea fleet, all that plus more...was, their best.  

They have no super fleet of brand new gear they have been holding in reserve.

They are begging NK for 90MM shells to use in T-55s as arty.

To me that $100B, well spend.

We blew $Trillions in Iraq and Afghanistan, and honestly almost nothing to show for, except for lives and treasure, wasted.

Fuck Russia.
View Quote

What world do you live in where we will be fighting Russia?  Putin can't beat Ukraine and you think he is going to take on NATO!?!?!?  Every dollar and round we send to Ukraine is one less that we have to prepare for a war tith China.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No money to be made in the rebuilding, eh?
View Quote
merica should invade merica, give money to merica, rebuild merica, and create a new merican economy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Exactly...

The fact that I'm even posting in such a goofy thread made my IQ drop by many...

When will people wake up and see that it was NEVER about stopping Putin and/or helping Ukrainians...Just like most "operations" and/or "wars" of the past few decades, it's all about PROFIT

Geesh...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
winning the war isn't profitable.

Exactly...

The fact that I'm even posting in such a goofy thread made my IQ drop by many...

When will people wake up and see that it was NEVER about stopping Putin and/or helping Ukrainians...Just like most "operations" and/or "wars" of the past few decades, it's all about PROFIT

Geesh...

Deepwater Horizon money money money scene
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We should go back to Vietnam and Afghanistan and win those first.  Did we win Iraq?  I guess.

My own government seems pretty onerous
View Quote

Now do Korea. Right?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What world do you live in where we will be fighting Russia?  Putin can't beat Ukraine and you think he is going to take on NATO!?!?!?  Every dollar and round we send to Ukraine is one less that we have to prepare for a war tith China.
View Quote

And in world do you really think China is going to fight with us?  

Now that they understand Russia isn't going to have their back and the majority of their military is built from ex-Russian equipment and copied stolen designs?

I'm not completely dismissing China but, they aren't going to do well either in their invasion of any country in the Pacific.

My point is, us spending this money now, is breaking Russia's back.

Prior to this war, Russia was a contender, now we know they aren't and more importantly China knows they aren't either.

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Zelynski's been making it very difficult for me to support any further aid to Ukraine. They need a better salesman, because he's an ass.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They [ukraine and short pants] aren't happy with everything else we have given them so far, it's like we OWE them.

View Quote
Thank for illustrating my point. It isn't the pro Ukraine crowd pushing to send troops but rather the anti crowd pushing the false narrative. Now why are they doing that. Perhaps to scare those who don't follow or pay much attention into think that US troops may be sent to fight Russians in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The adults that are in charge don't want it to end. They are making too much money.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#11]
The aid has been vital to keeping Ukraine afloat. I’m all for it.

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Send them old hardware that we'd be disposing of in a near future anyway. We have plenty more M113s, Bradley's, etc that are collecting dust.

We can also switch to selling them more modern hardware, with payment coming out of the frozen Russian assets
View Quote

fuck that, surplus that shit out to the public. no DRMO.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

You don't say, we had no idea. Please take note of the poll numbers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you live there?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Every dead Russian, jet/helicopter, tank, IFV, APC, truck, cruise missile, ship, sub, weapons stockpile, is another piece of Russian trash, Americans don't have to fight later.

Whether its in Russia's hands or some other Russian financed subordinate.

We spend 100B in Ukraine and by most accounts half of Russia's modern military is destroyed.

All the KA-50/52s, Mi-28s, T-80s, T-90s, Su-34, Su'27/35, TU-22s, S-400s, the Moskva, the rest of the Black Sea fleet, all that plus more...was, their best.  

They have no super fleet of brand new gear they have been holding in reserve.

They are begging NK for 100MM shells to use in T-55s as arty.

To me that $100B, is well spent.  A huge portion of Russia's military is expended, and as far as we know, has cost us the lives of US military members.

We blew $Trillions in Iraq and Afghanistan, and honestly almost nothing to show for, except for lives and treasure, wasted.

Fuck Russia.
View Quote

Cool. If all it takes is 100b, then time to cut the dod budget by 80%
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Public support remains strong.

Plus even McCarthy is realizing that the vocal loud mouths in his party aren’t the majority.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Prior to this war, Russia was a contender, now we know they aren't and more importantly China knows they aren't either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Prior to this war Russia was a strategic contender, not a tactical contender.

Nothing has changed.

China doesn't want to fight us, they want to make their moves uncontested and steal the global power base from the west without incident.  We are setting ourselves up to allow it to happen.  The way it doesn't is through great power deterrence, which they are currently on the upper curve of.

Quoted:
Send them old hardware that we'd be disposing of in a near future anyway. We have plenty more M113s, Bradley's, etc that are collecting dust.

We can also switch to selling them more modern hardware, with payment coming out of the frozen Russian assets

What Bradleys are collecting dust?  Every upgraded Bradley on current MTOEs were modified from older systems. The reality of this "surplus disposal equipment" trope has been extremely minimal from the start, and we are well past it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I haven't supported financial aid to them ever. And my sense is that the Biden/Blinken administration doesn't want the war to end.
View Quote

This ,   I blame Bidens attack on domestic energy in financing Putin's aggression in the first place .   Tried and true Dialectic .
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Poll after Poll shows that the overwhelming majority of people here do not support helping Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I’m not sure there’s a specific weapon we’ve been holding out on that would make the difference between winning and losing. Ukraine is in a tough spot, and I haven’t heard a plausible theory of victory yet.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Plus even McCarthy is realizing that the vocal loud mouths in his party aren’t the majority.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Majority rule? So you are a democrat? Why is that?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Nothing has changed.

China doesn't want to fight us, they want to make their moves uncontested and steal the global power base from the west without incident.  We are setting ourselves up to allow it to happen.  The way it doesn't is through great power deterrence, which they are currently on the upper curve of.

What Bradleys are collecting dust?  Every upgraded Bradley on current MTOEs were modified from older systems. The reality of this "surplus disposal equipment" trope has been extremely minimal from the start, and we are well past it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing has changed.

Quoted:

Nothing has changed?

Right now Russia is begging NK for ammunition.

They are also going to Iran to buy drones.

They are losing erreplaceable, assets TU-22s, capital ships, huge numbers of ground vehicles, armor, arty, etc.  

Minimum figures put ground vehicle losses total over 10K, and aircraft over 200+.

Their entire AF has been relegated to a stand off support role, they are doing badly at.

Nearly the entire Black Sea Fleet has been neutralized, their leadership just got deleted from existance on live TV.

And quietly, not so quietly Russia just liquidated the majoriry of their contractor army.

Not to mention a huge defection of Russian males from the civilian population, never mind the 100K+ casualties (who knows the real number?).

This only hasten's Russia population decline.

Right now, China is wondering how much it of its military is based on Russian BS, ripped off designs?

Yeah, those aircraft carriers?  Those Xian H-6 bombers based of the Tu-16?  All those, fighters based off Mig, and Sukhoi's?  Missiles, SAMs, cruise missiles, subs?  

Some much for making all thoses moves in the Pacific, with all that paper tiger trash.

China spent a lot of time copying off the other kids in class, and they turned in their homework from Harbor Freight, right now they are really questioning how much they have copied of the drunk Russian kid, who has now been shown to be full of complete bullshit.

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#25]
We either fight Russia or lie down. Russia is fighting us either way.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Russia is actively undermining our interests in every part of the world, and they will keep on doing that. What is it you think Wagner has been doing around the world?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If we are going to continue to send money and weapons to Ukraine, shouldn’t we send the weapons needed to finish and win the war instead of just prolonging it? For the record, I don’t support any more U.S. aid to Ukraine. However, I’m sick of seeing this half ass method of war fighting. If they are going to send the aid anyway, give them what they need for a decisive victory.
View Quote

It’s easier for the deep state to launder money if the fighting continues.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you start a Go Fund Me where you and others can voluntarily contribute yet?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Great. See my previous post. Get them your Go Fund Me link.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Did you start a go fund me where you and others can voluntarily contribute yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you start a go fund me where you and others can voluntarily contribute yet?

Thats not how you properly virtue signal.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nothing has changed?

Right now Russia is begging NK for ammunition.

They are also going to Iran to buy drones.

They are losing erreplaceable, assets TU-22s, capital ships, huge numbers of ground vehicles, armor, arty, etc.  

Minimum figures put ground vehicle losses total over 10K, and aircraft over 200+.

Their entire AF has been relegated to a stand off support role, they are doing badly at.

Nearly the entire Black Sea Fleet has been neutralized, their leadership just got deleted from existance on live TV.

And quietly, not so quietly Russia just liquidated the majoriry of their contractor army.

Not to mention a huge defection of Russian males from the civilian population, never mind the 100K+ casualties (who knows the real number?).

This only hasten's Russia population decline.

But, nothing has changed.

Right now, China is wondering how much it of its military is based on Russian BS, ripped off designs?

Yeah, those aircraft carriers?  Those Xian H-6 bombers based of the Tu-16?  All those, fighters based off Mig, and Sukhoi's?

Some much for making all thoses moves in the Pacific, with all that paper tiger trash.

View Quote

90% of what you are describing has nothing to do with their strategic capabilities. They have never been a tactical level threat to us, not since the cold war.  Russia is begging NK?  Then what exactly are we doing with SK, and India, and Africa...?  I don't think munitions depth is something you should be touting as a victory here.  Russia now makes their own drones in their own factories, and just buys more from Iran, drones that are challenging our paradigm of warfare.

China has been watching this war, but not for the reasons you point out. They are characterizing the failures of the west, improving their equipment, and growing their DIME and A2AD capabilities while we stagnate or reduce in those domains.  All the things we are failing at in Ukraine they are capitalizing on, while we run our stockpiles dry.  China just watched every potential competitor run out of weapons and stand around staring at each other once they realized they couldn't make more.

China is the threat, and investing so heavily into counter-Russia is only reducing our ability to deter the Chinese more and more.

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't really think you can really win wars in this day and age.  Won't do what's needed.  We spent 20 yrs in Afghanistan and I am not sure you can really call that a win.
View Quote

We replaced the Taliban with the Taliban. In no way was that a win. We lost. Period.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#33]
The majority of Americans do not support further aid to Ukraine, and Joe Biden's $24 billion request was taken out of the appropriations bill this week and not voted on. This is devastating for Zelenskyys grifting.

Republicans broadly say that Congress should not authorize new funding (71%) and that the US has done enough to assist Ukraine (59%). Among Democrats, most say the opposite, 62% favor additional funding and 61% say that the US should do more.

Within both parties, there are splits by ideology. On providing additional funding, liberal Democrats are far and away the most supportive, 74% back it compared with 51% of moderate or conservative Democrats. Among Republicans, about three-quarters of conservatives oppose new funding (76%) compared with 61% of moderate or liberal Republicans.
View Quote

Link

It's a Progressive and liberal Democrat position to support more aid to Ukraine
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

90% of what you are describing has nothing to do with their strategic capabilities. They have never been a tactical level threat to us, not since the cold war.  Russia is begging NK?  Then what exactly are we doing with SK, and India, and Africa...?  I don't think munitions depth is something you should be touting as a victory here.  Russia now makes their own drones in their own factories, and just buys more from Iran, drones that are challenging our paradigm of warfare.

China has been watching this war, but not for the reasons you point out. They are characterizing the failures of the west, improving their equipment, and growing their DIME and A2AD capabilities while we stagnate or reduce in those domains.  All the things we are failing at in Ukraine they are capitalizing on, while we run our stockpiles dry.  China just watched every potential competitor run out of weapons and stand around staring at each other once they realized they couldn't make more.

China is the threat, and investing so heavily into counter-Russia is only reducing our ability to deter the Chinese more and more.

View Quote

I think we all know what a cold war is and the idea that it is not a war, with real consequences for our security and well being, unless it's a hot war, is just silly.

Of course neither China nor Russia nor anyone else is going to stage an invasion of the United States, but that doesn't mean they can't use their military and their spies to inflict major damage on us.

What do you think Wagner is doing around the world?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We are trillions in debt and literally giving money away to ukraine and 3rd world nations.       We should have cut off all international aid decades ago. Most of those 3rd world shit holes hate us, anyways.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know they will accept personal donations, right?   What’s stopping you ?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

yes it would be:

1) you still have to replace the munitions you provide. Big money for defense contractors
2) decisive victory means lots of potential customers for the above defense contractors. Nothing drives a sale like a good demonstration
3) somebody will get the contract to clear all the UXO - big money for somebody
4) somebody will get the contract(s) to re-build Ukraine - more big money for somebody
5) Ukraine will be on the hook to buy stuff from whomever does 1-4, more money for somebody
6) Ukraine has oil and other minerals worth money - somebody will profit from extracting and selling it.

so explain to me how winning isn't profitable?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes it would be:

1) you still have to replace the munitions you provide. Big money for defense contractors
2) decisive victory means lots of potential customers for the above defense contractors. Nothing drives a sale like a good demonstration
3) somebody will get the contract to clear all the UXO - big money for somebody
4) somebody will get the contract(s) to re-build Ukraine - more big money for somebody
5) Ukraine will be on the hook to buy stuff from whomever does 1-4, more money for somebody
6) Ukraine has oil and other minerals worth money - somebody will profit from extracting and selling it.

so explain to me how winning isn't profitable?

When you have to borrow all the money to pay for 1, 3, and 4 it’s not very profitable for the people left with the tab to pay for it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

"We"?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

"We"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"We"?

I forgot not everyone here is on the American side. Sorry about that
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Russia doesn't have the stockpiles to go it alone, they are in NK looking for ammunition, and that says a lot.

Realistically how long is that going to last?  NK has SK to worry about, not Ukraine.

Russia also doesn't have the capabilities to produce its own drones indefinitely, it doesn't have the resources.

Tactical munitions, once depleted become a strategic liability.

We have the capability to produce munitions indefinitely vs Russia, we haven't even started to turn the heat up in munitions production yet.

China will watched as we ramp up production and start refilling our stockpiles and the rest of NATO's.  We have weapons to sell and money to make.

China is also seeing all Russia frontline aircraft SU-27/35s, SU-34s, cruise missiles, not mention all rotary assets, absolutely abysmal performance vs Western technology.

Everything that Taiwan is buying to counter China.

Before we ever worry about China seriously threatening the US in anyway, it is going to have to deal with 3 huge problems.  

Taiwan, Japan, and South Korean.

Russia can't even deal with Ukraine.

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are trillions in debt and literally giving money away to ukraine and 3rd world nations.       We should have cut off all international aid decades ago. Most of those 3rd world shit holes hate us, anyways.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

We are spending 6 to 7% of our military budget on Ukraine. That's not why we are in debt.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Send them a fucking bill for all the shit we sent them and charge 29.99%, compounding daily, on the money.

Send them every last fucking illegal alien we can round up while we're at it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

We are spending 6 to 7% of our military budget on Ukraine. That's not why we are in debt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

When you are 32 plus trillion dollars in debt and anything you send is on the credit card, it does not mater if it is 1 percent ofr50 percent, any percent is too much.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#44]
LOL

Ain't no money in curing disease and there ain't no money in winning a war before enough grift has been got...
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He actually just got a shipping address from me last week to send gear this way. So ...

The amount of support from members here has been great. They don't have anything to prove to you orc lovers so they aren't advertising that they do help.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"We"?

Yeah you should try it. America first. By "we fight" you mean other people right, when do you leave?
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

He actually just got a shipping address from me last week to send gear this way. So ...

The amount of support from members here has been great. They don't have anything to prove to you orc lovers so they aren't advertising that they do help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I remember right you are not an American and as such probably have less reason to care about this nation.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If I remember right you are not an American and as such probably have less reason to care about this nation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that proves that you don't know jack shit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Good luck with the bait thread guys. Have a goodnight
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Russia is actively undermining our interests in every part of the world, and they will keep on doing that. What is it you think Wagner has been doing around the world?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia is a old sick dog. China on the other hand is a pit bull with mental issues that wants a bigger yard and they don't want to share it with russia or any other country. China is laughing all the way to the bank with every penny we spend and every mil item we hand over to them.

It's Europe's problem. PERIOD, and they really don't give a shit about russia either other then wanting their gas.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top