Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]
My vote is going to be people with no firearms background buying AR-15s for which they then find out they can't get ammo.

Ala, one of my co-workers, who then wanted to know if I could set him up with a couple of hundred rounds.

John
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
10.3” barrels. Shorter than 11.5” you lose too much velocity for 5.56. “BuT tHe .GoV uSeS 10.3” since when do I trust the feds?
View Quote

2020 forced me to get a 10.3” over an 11.5”. Didn’t want to wait God knows how long before I could put my build together.  That’s the only reason for me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Canted irons ......
View Quote
Actually, they work pretty well at close range.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
'optic ready' ie. no sights
View Quote

Right now the trend is "ammo ready" ie no ammo!
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Marinized bolt catches and bayonet lugs
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My vote is going to be people with no firearms background buying AR-15s for which they then find out they can't get ammo.

Ala, one of my co-workers, who then wanted to know if I could set him up with a couple of hundred rounds.

John
View Quote

Absolutely I can.  $1.50 a round.  How many would you like?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Pistol braces.

LPVO on 16” or shorter ARs.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#9]
- bright highlighter colors

- skeletonized

- the just as gud crowd

- olight

- people who think they’re tier 1 because they shoot a case a year

- flash cans

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Olight
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:14:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Pistol braces
View Quote

6PNI
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:32:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That GIF is missing the best part of that airsoft modeling gig - the Erika Prone Pounce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3CxkhMVva4
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That GIF is missing the best part of that airsoft modeling gig - the Erika Prone Pounce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3CxkhMVva4

WooooOOOOOOOooooooo!
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Muh optic brand
Muh SBR
Muh holier than thou attitudes

In other words, GD is the dumbest trend in the gun world
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:41:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Muh optic brand
Muh SBR
Muh holier than thou attitudes

In other words, GD is the dumbest trend in the gun world
View Quote

Jesus, man... What kinda poor ass shit are you running?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Jesus, man... What kinda poor ass shit are you running?
View Quote

D cell mag light and cat laser pointer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Holosun
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:45:30 PM EDT
[#18]
77 grain boolits.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#19]
People who bitch about 1:9 twist barrels and then go on about how M193 is their preferred ammo
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Right now the trend is "ammo ready" ie no ammo!
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:16:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I run Aimpoints but got a few Holosuns. China Shmina, You have an American made phone/ computer? Green LED circle dots are awesome and they keep improving.

A Chinese optic on a 1.93 offset mount!

" />

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Gucci Guns

It is an AR-15 that will spend the majority of its life doing nothing. The idea of a $2,500 custom build with specific brand of shit when in reality you'll be shooting steel case through it and the furthest shot you'll take is less than the distance of your livingroom speaks volumes.

People are better off with a $400 PSA build and the rest of the money spent on basic shooting skills and the ammo to feed it.
View Quote

This post warms my poor heart.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:27:27 AM EDT
[#24]
FDE in urban areas or anywhere that isn’t the desert.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:32:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Pistol braces
View Quote

You shut your whore mouth!

I know they are stupid, you know they are stupid, but they allow me to carry a 30 round AR15 in the passenger compartment of my car ready to go. I can't legally do that with a rifle... So braces get a pass on stupidity.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:34:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Gucci Guns

It is an AR-15 that will spend the majority of its life doing nothing. The idea of a $2,500 custom build with specific brand of shit when in reality you'll be shooting steel case through it and the furthest shot you'll take is less than the distance of your livingroom speaks volumes.

People are better off with a $400 PSA build and the rest of the money spent on basic shooting skills and the ammo to feed it.
View Quote

If you like to shoot garbage guns, knock yourself out.

I use my shit. ???????
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:36:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I use my shit. ???????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gucci Guns

I use my shit. ???????

Wait, so we are talking aks now?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:45:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I know they are stupid, you know they are stupid, but they allow me to carry a 30 round AR15 in the passenger compartment of my car ready to go. I can't legally do that with a rifle... So braces get a pass on stupidity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The stupidity of SBR laws entirely offsets any stupidity that there may be to pistol braces

Quoted:

FDE blends into urban areas better than black though
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:45:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I run Aimpoints but got a few Holosuns. China Shmina, You have an American made phone/ computer? Green LED circle dots are awesome and they keep improving.

A Chinese optic on a 1.93 offset mount!

https://i.imgur.com/0irUgQa.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/0irUgQa.jpg

View Quote

Why aren’t you using a Badger C1 offset??
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Hipster obstacle courses that you puke soft drinks at.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I wish someone made a carry handle upper. Can’t seem to find one anywhere. Want a truck gun with bulletproof irons.
View Quote

Tnte sales does,no clue as to their rep
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:56:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:57:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:57:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh FDE ceracote makes a good base to hit with krylon and will work well as the krylon wears.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:04:11 AM EDT
[#35]
bump stocks.  pistol braces.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:07:35 AM EDT
[#36]
The continued race to the bottom on prices effecting overall parts quality.

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:24:08 AM EDT
[#37]

I found some of you guys a logo...

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:28:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Gucci Guns

View Quote
I was going to say bravado but you beat me to it.

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:34:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I've never personally ran a Geissele trigger, but I've shot them before in friends guns.  Never did a side by side comparison, but I'm personally not spending the extra scratch to get that last 10% better or whatever it is.  

I'm with you on Holosun.  Literally every gun I own has one, sans a MCK which has a Sig.  I'll spend the extra money where I feel it's worth it.  The gun I'm building now has a Holosun Red dot and I just ordered a Cloud Defensive OWL for it.  Fortunately, BDU has OWLs for much cheaper than anywhere else.  

I do have a BA barrel in it, but I'm not going to make any claims it's better than this or that brand.  It's 10.3" barrel and minute of man at 300 yards is all I'm worried about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GBPSWE.

I have had both. G is better. If you want to say your MBT is a better value Id be inclined to agree with you but if you can't tell the difference in a MBT-2S and a HSNM then you're high or incompetent, or you've never actually shot them side by side and buying into the poors' hype.

Same freakin people that say BA is just as good as LaRue. Give me a break people.

And to that point I'll actually defend Holosun. Guess what? They put out optics with innovative features that US companies haven't done, and their reliability is just as good. In fact I'd run a Holosun RDS before any other on my EDC which is why I bought a 507k. Sorry, but the US is a leader in optics, not THE leader. Trijicon pulled a Surefire move and rode on the coattails of their reputation instead of constantly innovating. Others are either catching up or have caught up. If Streamlight fixes their latch issue then I'd say Surefire needs to watch out as their weapon lights are otherwise just as tough, brighter, and have better beam patterns. And they are a third the price.

I've never personally ran a Geissele trigger, but I've shot them before in friends guns.  Never did a side by side comparison, but I'm personally not spending the extra scratch to get that last 10% better or whatever it is.  

I'm with you on Holosun.  Literally every gun I own has one, sans a MCK which has a Sig.  I'll spend the extra money where I feel it's worth it.  The gun I'm building now has a Holosun Red dot and I just ordered a Cloud Defensive OWL for it.  Fortunately, BDU has OWLs for much cheaper than anywhere else.  

I do have a BA barrel in it, but I'm not going to make any claims it's better than this or that brand.  It's 10.3" barrel and minute of man at 300 yards is all I'm worried about.
+1 as another Holosun fan for all the above same reasons.

I own a couple T1s, Nightforce scope, etc, however I have never had an issue with any of the holosuns I threw on my AKs for cheap before. Their newer shit looks even better and more robust, and they really do offer what others don't.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:42:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:43:15 AM EDT
[#41]
basically any idea Geissele has come up within the last year or so.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:52:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Thinking that your 2 hours of kitchen table assembly and concomitant finish damage / parts mangling turns a $400 parts kit into a "custom" AR that will fetch $1100 on the secondary market.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:54:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Skelotonizing all the things. Any form of external piston on guns that arent ultra short dedicated suppressor hosts or short full auto. Handguards that go all the way to the muzzle. Recessed into handguard suppressors. Barrels longer than 16" on non-MK12/M16/C7 clones because MuH dMr BuIlD. Calling guns that arent Mk18s Mk18s. Running BUIS on when you have optics with excessive levels of durability and years of batter life or etched reticles, or with optics in non-QD mounts. Using muzzle devices other than the A2 on non-competition guns that arent mounting suppressors. Brightly colored Lancer mags for flexing on the 'gram. IR lasers when owners dont even have NODs. Battleworn Cerakote. Politician themed builds. Snake oil internal coatings. Calibers other than 5.56/.223 that are "game changers" but never go A N Y W H E R E. There is no "dumbest" trend in the AR market because most trends in the AR market are dumb. Its what happens when you oversaturate the market with products not for benefit but just because.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:54:59 AM EDT
[#44]
I can't stand the drama queens who critique everyone else's gear....
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:58:34 AM EDT
[#45]
pleasure journals
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 2:00:26 AM EDT
[#46]
also... aero lowers on quality uppers
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 2:17:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Battle worn cerakote.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 2:28:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Extra high red dot mount. Everyone hated beowolfx idea but now love it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 2:29:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Gonna have to disagree there. If they don't include sights and pass the savings onto me, I can put that towards anime keychains, a holosun, and a skelotonized VFG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
'optic ready' ie. no sights
Gonna have to disagree there. If they don't include sights and pass the savings onto me, I can put that towards anime keychains, a holosun, and a skelotonized VFG.
 Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 2:33:21 AM EDT
[#50]
People who worry about what others do with their own time, money or belongings.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top