KOTOR

Duke Nukem

Guilty Gear

Squad
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have to go with Skyrim.

It's the only modem game that I have the desire to do multiple playthroughs and with mods it looks pretty damn good for 2021.

I've probably done 6 playthroughs since it launched and I still find new things with each playthrough. The depth of this game is crazy and the way you can approach the game has multiple angles. My most challenging was a mage build where I only used magic and staffs.
View Quote

You're lucky that you've only done about 6 playthroughs.  I have an embarrassingly high # of hours in that game.

Can't count the times I've finished the main questline.  Couple of dozen?  More?  Only a handful that involved finishing everything: main questline, civil war, all the DLCs and gotten all the guild leaderships.

Nowadays, the big thing seems to be to get up to ~lvl 35-70 and decide I'm unhappy with where the character is with level versus progress in some of the quests/unhappy with house or other mods/unhappy with having ransacked every town in the game for cuties to put in the house mods/ "Oooh, look! A cool new mod that requires a clean start...Shiny!" or whatever petty-assed reason comes to mind and either start over or go back to an early save

I'm hoping to finally get tired of it.  Played Fallout New Vegas about the same way I've gone at Skyrim until finally hitting the saturation point.  Open FNV every few months and give it a whirl just for nostalgia's sake, but it's not under my skin any more.  Have almost 12X as many hours into Skyrim and it's still got hold of me while other, newer games sit ignored on my computers.

Yes, there are interesting new things to find all over the place.  The occasional shrine, strongbox, whatever, to stumble across, sometimes hidden in plain sight just by being 'way far off the beaten path.  Finding the hidden routes that climb up and around the high places as an alternative to the paved roads.  Mods that completely change the look and feel of the game.

Someday, I'll get tired of it and finally put the time that I'd like to into Nier Automata, No Man's Sky, the whole Witcher franchise, The Outer Worlds, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Fallout 4 and all the other stuff I've bought and maybe played a handful of hours before going back to Skyrim.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Fable. All of them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
X-wing vs Tie Fighter
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Twisted Metal II
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#6]
CS 1.6
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Overall, the COD series.

All time single? FFVII.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Halo
GTA 5
Perfect Dark
Doom
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never played any video games other than in arcades.

But I played this all the time in the late 70's.

https://i.imgur.com/51H8nWu.png
View Quote
I'll see that and raise you a SIMON!
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"Welcome to Chuck Yeager's Air Combat...it's a great day for flying."

The primitive voice audio and the conversational way the missions were introduced was great.  I also appreciated the historic actual mission profiles.  

Great game!  It made a significant contribution to my interest in joining the USAF in my college years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I lost a whole year of my life to this stupid thing.  If I could find a good 486DX66 computer to play it on I'd lose anther year.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/11800/3101154-chuck_yeagers_air_combat_pc_1_1_-1929158.JPG

"Welcome to Chuck Yeager's Air Combat...it's a great day for flying."

The primitive voice audio and the conversational way the missions were introduced was great.  I also appreciated the historic actual mission profiles.  

Great game!  It made a significant contribution to my interest in joining the USAF in my college years.
Nice.  I liked the ability to mix eras.  My favorite was Mig-15's (9 of them) against me in my F-4 lol (Afterburner FTMFW! lol).
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Bloodborne.  A hoonter must hoont.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:14:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Minecraft hands down

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Red Dead Redemption
Max Payne 3
Witcher 3
Fallout New Vegas
Half Life 1
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:24:16 PM EDT
[#14]
RE2

Chronotrigger

Super Metroid

Metroid Prime (GCube)

Zelda LTTP

RE4
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quake
Goldeneye
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:27:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bloodborne.  A hoonter must hoont.
View Quote

Maximilian fan?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Witcher 3.

I’ve played the main game and both DLCs six times through with 100% completion all six times.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Medal of Honor Allied Assault Main Theme
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why no Leisure Suit Larry in here?

Pretty funny game back in the day.

https://media.gamestop.com/i/gamestop/10109738/Leisure-Suit-Larry-Reloaded?$pdp$
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I loved this game in high school

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:38:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Witcher 3.

I’ve played the main game and both DLCs six times through with 100% completion all six times.
View Quote

I could only play Hearts of Stone once. Blood and Wine is amazing though and is very replayable.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:41:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Most fun I ever had playing with people was Left 4 Dead.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:19:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Scorched Earth.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:23:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Final Fantasy VI

Runners Up:
Fallout (1, 2 and New Vegas)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Diablo II
Bloodborne
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#25]

I still have Forsaken somewhere around the house.

My favorite is Unreal. Still have it loaded on one of my laptops.

Unreal - gameplay (full HD, part 1)

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:54:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dark Age of Camelot

RR 12 Eldritch .......that ran in a few Point Blank Area of Effect -Bomb Groups back in the day
View Quote

A fellow man of culture, what server? @vane
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:59:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Asheron’s Call
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:11:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:19:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Never played many video games or had time, but my kids did have a system.They had one game I'd play for hours called Crash Bandicoot. Little dude would run through different portals/worlds. Thoroughly enjoyed it. You could almost feel the bee stings..

Edit/ google found a pic. Krash and his "Woogabooga" spirit dude.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:24:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Legend of Zelda series
Final Fantasy I-III
Fallout (through New Vegas)
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:26:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Metalgear Solid was a huge breakthrough for me
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:41:29 AM EDT
[#32]
There are other games I'd have said first, but they've been stated multiple time so I want to state one that hasn't been said yet.

Silent Hill Retrospective - 21 Years Later

It dabbed on every horror game prior and defined what horror games could be. Resident evil wasn't horror. Clock tower wasn't horror, and between the two, at least resident evil was good. Exceptionally even and certain games in the series are on the list of games I would have mentioned before silent hill (RE2). Clocktower always kind of fucking sucked in one way or another. While silent hill didn't start selling pop figures until the second game and pyramid head existed, I would argue that the first game was the first real horror game to ever exist. It wasn't "x genre + horror" Like it's contemporaries (resident evil and parasite eve). It was horror. It did horror exceptionally well, they had a survival aspect which was solid at the time and okay even now. They played to their strengths, and turned their weaknesses into strengths. This game came out a the time that devs were playing with dynamic lighting, for instance, and it might be the first game that i can think of that didn't implement dynamic lighting in an exceptionally shit way. There are other examples, like the fog effect, but my point is that every aspect of the game was well thought out and purposely implemented, maxed out the hardware limitations of the time, and to this date, just about every other horror game has borrowed from it in one way or another. Metal gear did set the standard for story telling, but team silent did mold that same concept to horror (Resident evil's not out of the picture, don't misconstrue my words at all, 1-3 are all KINO games).
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:08:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Recently rented a cargo van and drove 410 mile round trip for this.
Works perfectly and CRT has been replaced with 24" LCD....perfect addition for mancave

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:22:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quake
Quake 2
Mechwarrior black Knight
GTA III
GTA Vice city
GTA San Andreas
Grand turismo 2,3,4
Ace combat zero, 4,5
Tokyo extreme racer, and TER 2
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:16:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Tough, three immediately come to mind.

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
DOOM
Quake
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:23:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Donkey Kong
Zaxxon
Fallout 3
Skyrim
Bioshock
Ghost Recon
Portal 2
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:52:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Falcon 3

Tribes.

America's Army. The old one, not the new reboot.
View Quote

"You SQUAD has been ELIMINATED!"

I played AA so freaking much through college.  I loved playing the VIP in Hospital, and managing to get kills as him.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#38]
OMG!  How did I forget about Red Alert!?   This is my all time favorite.  I spent many, many nights on the computer (Win98) playing this game until the sun came up as a kid...

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Medal of Honor Allied Assault is what got me into video games. I spent untold hours replaying the campaigns and in multiplayer in the original game and the expansion packs.

The original Call of Duty was badass. Select fire weapons and aiming down iron sights.

Far Cry 3 is the best one in the series.

I finally finished the Fallout 4 campaign this year after 6 years of playing it.

Battlefield 4.

GTA V
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:42:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I played AA so freaking much through college.  I loved playing the VIP in Hospital, and managing to get kills as him.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Falcon 3

Tribes.

America's Army. The old one, not the new reboot.

Bridge, or pipeline. Playing against the AI was always fun too. That one big dude who wouldn't die.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Marvel vs Capcom 2

Dumped a bunch of quarters in that arcade back in the day. Fun times we use to travel from arcade to arcade for tournaments.

Kids now a days just hop online...
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Marvel vs Capcom 2

Dumped a bunch of quarters in that arcade back in the day. Fun times we use to travel from arcade to arcade for tournaments.

Kids now a days just hop online...
View Quote

Screen name does not check out.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Duck ninja 1990s
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Resident Evil 4.

Mass Effect; 1, 3, and 2, in that order.

Metroid Prime is a very close third.
View Quote

You have Mass Effect series in the opposite order.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Fallout 4
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#46]
SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals

"Maaaan Down!'

I may or may not have used a Game Genie to turn the sniper rifle into full auto.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#47]

Detected Missile Launch!

Great game.

I'd go with FF6 though
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Recently rented a cargo van and drove 410 mile round trip for this.
Works perfectly and CRT has been replaced with 24" LCD....perfect addition for mancave

https://i.postimg.cc/85vgmMP5/golden-tee.jpg
View Quote

That was a great bar game.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#49]
I don't think I can pick one.  I can probably say the game I ever got the most into was Freespace 2.  I was too late for the main party, but there were still a few people kicking around when I found it.

I think I could say Zelda has been my favorite series of all time, at least the 3d ones.  I've only played those and a couple of the handheld ones.

The original Mass Effect is up there, it absolutely floored me when I played it.  Same with Borderlands 2, and later the original.  For pure FPS, I loved and replayed the everliving fuck out of Far Cry (one) and Crysis (one, the REAL Far Cry 2).  I've lately been playing a lot of Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge.  I'll go on long kicks of that, Generals, and C&C3, sometimes the campaigns but a lot of skirmishes vs. AI.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You have Mass Effect series in the opposite order.
View Quote

No, that is the correct order.  2 was a travesty, 3 was a partial course correction back to the greatness of one.  One was only limited because of its generation.  Best story and universe building, which two completely destroyed, and three kinda went halfway in between the two.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top