Quoted:
rhodesian ridgeback, blue lacy mix
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure a 45 lb pit wouldn't stand against a cougar-but I bet it would destroy a 45lb Bobcat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love my pitties, but I'm pretty confident it wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell against a puma/cougar if we go with a 55lb pit (which is on the high side for the breed standard) and an average sized puma at 135lb (with weights ranging from 115lb to 220lb). You can talk about how pitties were "bred to fight" all you want, but a puma was genetically engineered by nature to fucking kill shit.
Sure a 45 lb pit wouldn't stand against a cougar-but I bet it would destroy a 45lb Bobcat.
So help me follow your logic. An average sized pit wouldn't stand a chance against an average sized cougar, but would "destroy" a Dogo who fucks up cougars on the reg? The mental gymnastics are exhausting.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This x 10. There is a reason Pit Bulls fight, because they were bred for decades maybe centuries to fight and kill.

You don't hunt quail with a GSD
You don't go duck hunting with a Blue-Tick.
You don't hunt coons with a Poodle

Pit bulls are the Mike Tyson of the dog world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Charter Arms Bulldog.
This x 10. There is a reason Pit Bulls fight, because they were bred for decades maybe centuries to fight and kill.

You don't hunt quail with a GSD
You don't go duck hunting with a Blue-Tick.
You don't hunt coons with a Poodle

Pit bulls are the Mike Tyson of the dog world.
Mike Tyson got his ass kicked bad by Evander Holyfield...just sayin
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Any dog has the potential to severely disfigured your kids. Any dog has the potential to kill a baby. Most dogs can kill toddlers. Most dogs over 50 lbs and many in the 30-50 lb range could kill a school kid.

If a person has children, it behooves them to research breeds, carefully select a breed with characteristics that mesh well with their particular family, and then find an excellent breeder breeding that particular breed. Unfortunately, most people put less effort into researching and finding a dog that’s theoretically going to be with them for 10+ years, in their home, playing with their children, sleeping at their feet, than they do into buying a new dishwasher or refridgerator.
View Quote
The true APBT would be a great dog for children.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

King of what???

King of hunting? No
King as a security/defense dog? Nope.
King at eating its owner and attacking small children in the trailer park. Yeah, that they do very well.

I've got nothing againt the APBT, and some good people have them and love them, but in general their owners are pretty trashy people.
Its a dog that is rather unstable of character and not particularly well suited for anything.
View Quote
King of dog fighting That's what this whole discussion is about.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#7]
more "no true Scotsman"

Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So help me follow your logic. An average sized pit wouldn't stand a chance against an average sized cougar, but would "destroy" a Dogo who fucks up cougars on the reg? The mental gymnastics are exhausting.
View Quote
Cougar kills wolf
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I've seen an American Bulldog attacked by an unprovoked pitbull. The American Bulldog straight up chomped down on the pit's foot. There was an audible snap and the pitbull limped off. American Bulldogs have a much stronger bite than a pit.

Part of breeding fighting dogs is their willingness to fight and how entertaining the fight is for the spectators. I'd have to imagine there are lots of breeds of dogs that would consistently beat a pit in a fight, but you'd have a tough time getting them to fight.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Dunno, but the nastiest piece of work I ever saw was a Rhodesian Ridgeback/mastiff/Great Dane mix (I believe the mix was ((Ridgeback+Dane)+mastiff). Big, fearless, ferocious. Great hog killing dog, but eventually got too unmanageable. I think it’s owner (kind of a scumbag) sold him to a fighting dog breeder in Mexico for breeding purposes. That dog really needed to be put down.

A close second was a black mouthed cur. It was a good dog around people, but did not like other dogs. It just plain liked to kill stuff- deer, coons, hogs, whatever. It snatched a bobcat out of a mesquite tree (ran up the trunk) and chomped its ass.

Dog and chicken fighting is big in Northern Mexico, but i don’t like it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cougar kills wolf
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/assets.barcroft.tv/219697d2-b6e5-4577-99d6-e18ec4c63742.jpg
OK, Dogo kills cougar

are we going to turn this into a circle jerk?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Caucasian Ovcharka: In Russian, Dog Eat Bear

Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Jack Russel Terrier

Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Surprised nobody has gotten the answer right.

The answer is Dashund.

The time the “game dog” planned on destroying my dashie, it didn’t turn out the way it planned.

First it stood there trying to figure out how it would rip out his throat, and while he was befuddled.....

Dashie jumped and grabbed him by the throat.

To add insult to injury, while the dog was running away with Dashie latched on, Dashie was establishing total dominance by dry humping from below.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There is an absolute monster of a coyote that roams my neighborhood (that's why I can't shoot it) that I would be interested to see how it stacks up against one.
View Quote
One coyote against a pit bull?

There would be piles of coyote fur and blood everywhere and a happy pit bull.

3 or 4 coyotes maybe, but not dogo e dogo
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

OK, Dogo kills cougar

https://i.imgur.com/qg07jw4.jpg

View Quote
No but it's funny

Pit kills dogo
Dogo kills cougar
Cougar kills wolf
Dogo kills wolf
Wolf kills pit
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#18]
So much speculation in the thread. As bad ass Rhodesians are they would not stand chance against a true pit. But everything that looks like a pit is a “pit”.

I’ve also witnessed a pit whoop the shit out of a rotty.

Really depends on the pit in question, a solid pit in its prime can pretty much hold its own against most breeds out there, but then theirs always an exception.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

OK, Dogo kills cougar

View Quote
You mean member of a pack kills cougar.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The answer is Dashund.

The time the “game dog” planned on destroying my dashie, it didn’t turn out the way it planned.

First it stood there trying to figure out how it would rip out his throat, and while he was befuddled.....

To add insult to injury, while the dog was running away with Dashie latched on, Dashie was establishing total dominance by dry humping from below.
View Quote
Dachshund worms in and rips off(insert opponent's) dick
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Bad Photoshops.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, Dogo kills cougar

Nope, it was solo. I posted the youtube vid about it a few pages back.

ETA: at least that was how it was told.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, Dogo kills cougar

Healthy adult cougar is gonna to kill a dogo.  That's that.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I don’t have a dog in this fight.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, Dogo kills cougar

If that's that, then the video is a lie!
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The answer is.

View Quote
LOL, yeah dachshunds are pretty cool, had one that thought it was a honey badger, gave no fucks, not scared of anything. Got into it with a rottweiler that was running loose, stayed under the rott and bit the hell out it's dick and balls until it cried and ran off. Also watched it do the same to a saint bernard, was funny to watch.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The answer is Dashund.

View Quote
The correct answer is that there are several dogs more than capable of killing a APBT. Pit bulls are powerful, but there are several other dogs that are larger and just a strong pound for pound.
A 90lb Dogo will fuck up a 50lb APBT in most impressive fasion and so would others.
But ghetto gonna ghetto, ma pit be the meanest and such, hence the reputation of its owners.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I think the Romans were scared of these.

Irish Wolfhound

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If that's that, then the video is a lie!
View Quote
There must be something missing. But usually the dogos are wearing armor of sorts and are running with a couple others and some bay dogs.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, Dogo kills cougar

already posted once in this thread

Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
It may, or may not. Dogos have killed healthy adult cougars before, solo. Hell, one of Antonio Nores Dogos killed a bull, and it wasnt even a particularly large Dogo, about 50 lbs.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

There must be something missing. But usually the dogos are wearing armor of sorts and are running with a couple others and some bay dogs.
View Quote
in this instance, they weren't hunting
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's some pretty shitty design work then considering the number of fatal pitbull attacks on humans every year.
View Quote
shitty breeding tends to do that.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The true APBT would be a great dog for children.
View Quote
mine absolutely loves my kids.  so much so that they are the only ones that he will move over on the couch for without having to be told
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The pitbull that attacked one of my Great Pyrenees went straight for her neck, grabbed it and started worrying a mouthful of ruff and skin.

The Pyr twisted around (with her neck ruff still in the pits mouth), as I held back my other Pyr, and would have ripped the pit open if my wife hadn't grabbed her while the pit owner stuck his hands in his dog's mouth while saying 'He's never done this before!"

Our Pyr required 4 stitches.  If we hadn't intervened the pit would be dead.
View Quote
I would have used the gun in your avatar and blew pits head off
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The answer is Dashund.

The time the "game dog" planned on destroying my dashie, it didn't turn out the way it planned.

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Guaranteed.

I have two.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Have any of you read Beryl Markham's "West with the Night?"

Markham grew up in Africa in the Nineteen-oughts, and as a teenager used to spear-hunt boar with the Murani Masai.

On one of these hunts, her bulldog Buller took off chasing a big boar and over a many-miles running fight killed it. When Markham finally came on the scene, Buller was basically gutted, though the boar was dead. She sat with him through the night and got him home the next day. After weeks, Buller recovered. It is a remarkable book, especially if you like aviation and elephant hunting.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Any dog has the potential to severely disfigured your kids. Any dog has the potential to kill a baby. Most dogs can kill toddlers. Most dogs over 50 lbs and many in the 30-50 lb range could kill a school kid.

If a person has children, it behooves them to research breeds, carefully select a breed with characteristics that mesh well with their particular family, and then find an excellent breeder breeding that particular breed. Unfortunately, most people put less effort into researching and finding a dog that’s theoretically going to be with them for 10+ years, in their home, playing with their children, sleeping at their feet, than they do into buying a new dishwasher or refridgerator.
View Quote
You left out properly socializing and obedience training the new pup through adulthood.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Presa Canario is a pretty powerful and protective breed. I've got two good examples that hopefully will never have to fight anything.

I've seen them get serious a couple times, it's a sight to behold.

I absolutely hate dog fighting. It's existence is one of the reasons I don't hold humanity in the highest regard.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My German Shepherd.

Because the second ANY non-lapdog breed of dog latches onto the throat of mine, that fucking dog is going to wind up with multiple drain holes.
View Quote
I was going to stay out of this dumpster fire, but your comment made me jump in.  I agree with you completely.  My male GSD is an absolute nut, all go no quit and has taken on two pit bulls at our local dog park.  They took his toy, he let them have it as I always carry two, and we played until he saw that his first toy had been dropped by one of the pits.  He went to go and get to bring back to me.  Well the pits must have taken offence to him going to retrieve his toy that was by itself twenty feet from the pits.  They went right at my boy and before I could even say Jaeger loudly, my male had the first pit by the throat and down on the ground.  The second dog circled mine and started nipping at his hindquarters.  Jaeger let go of the firsts throat and had the other by the throat before I got close enough to separate the dogs.  The pits owners were screaming and wailing and doing nothing to set it, so I grabbed my boy and told him to leave it.  My boy let go, but the first pit was up and started after Jaeger.  I let him go, and he went right at the pit, teeth bared and snarling.  The pits stopped and backed up towards their owners.  I told the owners if they didn’t control their dogs, I would not stop mine the next time.  We walked away and my boy grabbed his toy, tail wagging wanting to play some more.  I wish I had it on video.

The pit owners actually had the nerve to come up to me a few minutes later saying they were going to have to take one of their dogs to the vet because he had a puncture wound on its neck.  I told them that if they thought I was going to pay for it, they were crazier than their dogs.  I reminded them that they had not controlled their dogs and theirs had taken my dogs toy and when they dropped it, mine went to get it back and their two attacked mine.  I had multiple witnesses to this effect as well.  The husband walked away and drug his wife with him.  I expect he knew that they had no grounds for any kind of action.  Needless to say, we never went back to the dog park, and I bought a house with acreage a few months later...

I know, cool story bro...  I wouldn’t test it out, but happens, I’m still betting on my boy.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This is something I can't get through to many of these retards heads.  My pit weighs in at 54lbs, and I could actually stand to feed him a little less.  My shepherd is pushing on 96lbs currently, and she towers over my pit.  this image that people have of these huge pits is absolutely retarded.
View Quote
How about the Bullypit?

Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Presa Canario is a pretty powerful and protective breed. I've got two good examples that hopefully will never have to fight anything.

I've seen them get serious a couple times, it's a sight to behold.

I absolutely hate dog fighting. It's existence is one of the reasons I don't hold humanity in the highest regard.
View Quote
Concur
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
already posted once in this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnBJDcM-qk8
View Quote
Well, that certainly was believable and not pieced together.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You left out properly socializing and obedience training the new pup through adulthood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those would be the next steps, of course.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Well, that certainly was believable and not pieced together.
View Quote
It's a clip from a fucking Animal Planet show, of course there's some editing
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Mastiff?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#48]
My Black and Tan Coonhound has gotten in a scuffle with a muscle and teeth missile. Jack tore him the fuck up. The breed of peace owner was pissed, threatened to sue me etc.

I’m being honest, Jack is the sweetest dog I’ve ever owned, as long as you don’t fuck with him.  Uninvited guests, other dogs challenging his alpha status, look out.  Normal every day encounters, this dog is downright nasty.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Charter Arms Bulldog.
View Quote
Came to post this.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Only read to the end of page 1, but on the rare chance that no one has posted this:

"Mad Dog" Mattis
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top