Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet there are still people here saying there are safe parts of Mexico.
View Quote
There are still safe parts of Mexico

until proven otherwise
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does anything good happen in Mexico?
And people still want to go there for vacation.
View Quote
I’ve gotten laid there many times. Girls on vacation love the D
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So you go to Cancun 3 times a month ? Something just aint right with that statement ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Y'all are a bunch of Nancy's.   I go to Cancun several times a month and have never felt any more in danger than I would walking around any city in CONUS.

I'm as gringo as it gets and the only issues I have is getting the guys pushing the clubs and strip clubs to stop following me.  I guess I have that "tourist in need of hooker" look.

So yeah...I'm that GD guy...
So you go to Cancun 3 times a month ? Something just aint right with that statement ?
Airline work I’m guessing. I used to layover in Mexico twice a week.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The first rule of going to a resort in Mexico is, NEVER LEAVE THE RESORT.
View Quote
That's no fun.

I like walking down alleyways and looking into old burnt-out buildings to see what is milling around in there.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Blonde good-looking American gal venturing out into a Mexican town by herself? Something tells me that didn't work out so well.
View Quote
AT NIGHT
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Every year my friends who hunt deer in Mexico beg me to go with them for free.

I would sooner go to Africa hunting than Mexico
View Quote
Umm...me too?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just got back didn't feel unsafe at all.  I'd be more concerned visiting Chicago.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#9]
There's that whole ""Even before Manning was reported missing, he says witnesses reported seeing a woman go into the ocean by a sea wall" thing.

Soo.....

In other news, tourist die in other countries from doing dumb things usually alcohol related.

I also remember an alligator eating  kid in Disney World a few years ago.  Should I tell my son he shouldn't go for his football championship because of the alligator threat?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bullshit, there are plenty on the beaches there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are... NEW Mexico.
There are no hot spring breakers in New Mexico
Um........

Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Took the wife to Cancun for a few days back in June.  Didn't leave the fucking resort.  That's how you do it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What kind of female friend lets another female friend go out alone when it's a girls get away in mexico or any city that has a high crime rate.
View Quote
Maybe her friend had the room tied up entertaining a mariachi band?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Does this mean all citizens of Mexico should be able to apply for asylum in the US.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why people still go to Mexico is beyond me.
View Quote
No shit. You never know when you'll provide an attractive target for some 3rd world cocksucker. The State Department has travel advisories out for most of the states in Mexico.

That gal either drowned, her boyfriend did her in, or she's already in some cocksucker's harem in Saudi Arabia.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, the part where you leave.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Manning was staying on Isla Mujeres at Hotel Rocomar.

The island is not Cancun (shithole) or the Hotel Zone with all the high level tourist traffic.

It's relatively quiet with the only auto traffic being island police and taxis.  Tourist drive rental golf carts.

Minimal if any cartel activity.  I say minimal because I have not seen any unlike Cancun.

The town of El Centro has nice restaurants, shops and cantinas and its all foot traffic.

Hotel Rocomar is on the Atlantic side near the north end of the island.

I've walked those same island streets at night with little or no worries.

This sounds like a terrible mishap based on really bad judgement if she went night swimming.
View Quote
Agreed, I've been on IM as well and have walked that area (albeit) not at night. The whole island is perfectly safe providing one doesn't do stupid shit (like going for a night swim drunk.) In the general Cancun area, that's one of the safest parts. Before any of you "Mexico's a shithole" people spout up; there are shitholes in every state in the country. There are parts of Atlanta I wouldn't be caught in at night and would feel LESS safe than Isla Mujeres.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are... NEW Mexico.
Um........

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fe/New_Mexico_in_United_States.svg/2000px-New_Mexico_in_United_States.svg.png
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
She was going to meet the new fuck buddy. They just didn't want to say it out loud.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What kind of female friend lets another female friend go out alone when it's a girls get away in mexico or any city that has a high crime rate.
She was going to meet the new fuck buddy. They just didn't want to say it out loud.
but but but they said she may have went for a swim...
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are... NEW Mexico.
Um........

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fe/New_Mexico_in_United_States.svg/2000px-New_Mexico_in_United_States.svg.png
https://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/012/132/thatsthejoke.jpg
/shrug

the way GD is now, you never know if someone is truly that retarded
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Girls trip in Mexico. Argument with boyfriend via phone. Out alone at night.

She’s raped and dead. Hopefully for her it was relatively quick.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#21]
If you actually read the Dept. of State's Travel Advisories for Mexico, (which is about a half an hour exercise), it's fairly obvious that travel to Mexico is riskier than traveling to a metric buttload of other places.

Just one state, which includes Cancun:

Quintana Roo state  Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution
Exercise increased caution due to crime.

Criminal activity and violence, including homicide, remain a primary concern throughout the state. While most of these homicides appeared to be targeted, criminal organization assassinations and turf battles between criminal groups have resulted in violent crime in areas frequented by U.S. citizens. Bystanders have been injured or killed in shooting incidents.

There are no restrictions on travel for U.S. government employees in Quintana Roo state, which include tourist areas in: Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and the Riviera Maya.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Didn't we have some guy who tried to ride a motorcycle across central and South America and was murdered?
View Quote
It was a member's friend.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
My grandmothers house is still safe....
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can't wrap my mind around why people still want to vacation in these third world shitholes. Especially when we have so much to offer here. I have no sympathy.
View Quote
What about to visit family?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Y'all are a bunch of Nancy's.   I go to Cancun several times a month and have never felt any more in danger than I would walking around any city in CONUS.

I'm as gringo as it gets and the only issues I have is getting the guys pushing the clubs and strip clubs to stop following me.  I guess I have that "tourist in need of hooker" look.

So yeah...I'm that GD guy...
View Quote
I'm also that guy. I've never been afraid in Mexico, even when I should have been ( Ignorantly wandering about one of the hotter neighborhoods in DF when I was a noob). If you understand what Mexico is and stay vigilant and don't take undue risks, you're fine. It is a more dangerous place than most, though and we have to accept that. That's part of what makes it cheap, which is part of what makes it a destination.

I have many local friends, however, and that helps immensely.

I do, however, have reservations about going to many of the places I used to go as they have turned south rapidly in the last 10 years.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#26]
1st wife took a trip to Cancun in 1997 before we got married, with a friend of hers.  Two young girls going to Mexico on vacation, what could go wrong?

They got stuck at the hotel, the hotel refused to let them leave and attempted to extort more money out of them, they missed their charter flight.  Then once her dad paid what they were asking (it was some bullshit phone charges), they had no flight home, and the hotel had no rooms for them.  We went to the travel agency and they had a "coordinator" down there at the hotel they were at.  I got on the phone and just told him if he didn't get them on the next airplane coming anywhere in the upper midwest, I was going to come and get the girls, and then I was going to kill him for my trouble.  I figured that's how the Cartel probably does shit so it was worth a shot.  They were on a plane that landed two states over a couple hours later.

Then there was the whole "disappearing from the club for hours" and "not knowing where she went" and "not remembering what happened" stuff, and finding movies of her later on, on a pron site, getting railed on a chaise lounge on a beach somewhere.......would have been nice if her friend had told me about all that shit BEFORE we got married instead of after the divorce.........

Yeah, Mexico is awesome.  Send your daughters down there.  Alone.  And let's let as many of them who want to come here, just come across the border, never learn English, and never assimilate too.  Look at the great, functional modern society they have.  What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm also that guy. I've never been afraid in Mexico, even when I should have been ( Ignorantly wandering about one of the hotter neighborhoods in DF when I was a noob). If you understand what Mexico is and stay vigilant and don't take undue risks, you're fine. It is a more dangerous place than most, though and we have to accept that. That's part of what makes it cheap, which is part of what makes it a destination.

I have many local friends, however, and that helps immensely.

I do, however, have reservations about going to many of the places I used to go as they have turned south rapidly in the last 10 years.
View Quote
Yep. I felt far more threatened in Jamaica than I ever have in Mexico. Hell I've been to Honduras, the murder capital of the world, and there are parts of Dallas that scare me more. We're gonna go see how scary Grand Turk and Aruba are this go 'round.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#28]
“She stayed out to explore on her own”.

Therein lies the problem.  People wanting to “mix with the locals”.  The resort areas are relatively safe.   Venture outside of them, and it can be dangerous.  Same thing happened to the guy that ended up dead in Chihuahua.  Please don’t try to let the wildlife.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"Explore the town on her own" aka went slumming and got deaded.
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:08:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Not shocked GD is scared of Mexico, I'm guessing many of you are afraid to leave you mom's basement too
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#31]
The water and land will both kill you in that trash country
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
1st wife took a trip to Cancun in 1997 before we got married, with a friend of hers.  Two young girls going to Mexico on vacation, what could go wrong?

They got stuck at the hotel, the hotel refused to let them leave and attempted to extort more money out of them, they missed their charter flight.  Then once her dad paid what they were asking (it was some bullshit phone charges), they had no flight home, and the hotel had no rooms for them.  We went to the travel agency and they had a "coordinator" down there at the hotel they were at.  I got on the phone and just told him if he didn't get them on the next airplane coming anywhere in the upper midwest, I was going to come and get the girls, and then I was going to kill him for my trouble.  I figured that's how the Cartel probably does shit so it was worth a shot.  They were on a plane that landed two states over a couple hours later.

Then there was the whole "disappearing from the club for hours" and "not knowing where she went" and "not remembering what happened" stuff, and finding movies of her later on, on a pron site, getting railed on a chaise lounge on a beach somewhere.......would have been nice if her friend had told me about all that shit BEFORE we got married instead of after the divorce.........

Yeah, Mexico is awesome.  Send your daughters down there.  Alone.  And let's let as many of them who want to come here, just come across the border, never learn English, and never assimilate too.  Look at the great, functional modern society they have.  What could possibly go wrong?
View Quote
Link to video?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#33]
People don't think that Mexican criminals don't be like they be.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:.....
I also remember an alligator eating  kid in Disney World a few years ago.  Should I tell my son he shouldn't go for his football championship because of the alligator threat?
View Quote
YES!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
She could've just drowned in a pool in FL.
Something not right, but could've happened anywhere. Personal responsibility.
If she got drunk and thought, "I'll go for a swim", bad decision.
Preparing for my 2 weeks in Mehico currently. Ready to dodge knives and bullets.
View Quote
Except in FL, she would not have been kidnapped, drugged and pimped out until the only thing she is good for is working the donkey shows.  Then shot.

ETA:  Blond/Blue, she might be in Saudi Arabia on the action block about now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Link to video?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link to video?
No idea.  I found it not long after the divorce which was in 2003.....I have no idea what happens to old cheap pron videos, I'm not a pron watcher anymore and haven't been for a long, long time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL...That wasn't Mexico's fault
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#38]
At least the evidence points to her drowning instead of being black bagged, shoved into a van, and having God knows what happen to her.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Didn't we have some guy who tried to ride a motorcycle across central and South America and was murdered?
View Quote
It wasn’t a member, but a best friend of a member. Went MIA and didn’t make a check in. Bike and gear ended up missing and they found him in a shallow grave sometime later, IIRC.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Coming to the United States of Mexico soon
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hey there are a lot of people that simply dont care if they die as long as they "have fun".

Mexico is a 3rd world shithole.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My brother and I strayed away from the touristy area of Cozumel when on a cruise a few years ago. It got extremely sketchy very quick. It's a stop on the cruise my family has booked next year. I don't think I'll get off the ship this time.
View Quote
What made it extremely sketchy?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Several posts up:

"....the version that seems most believable is that she was last seen in the (Tiny) Gecko bar, a short distance from the Rocamar hotel, after an argument with her boyfriend over the phone, who didn't accompany her on this vacation.

In her complaint, the friend said that when she heard the sound of the argument, she decided to leave the room, and when she returned, Ms. Manning was no longer there, so she went out to look for her, without success."

Then from the OP article:

"One night she stayed out to explore the town on her own, according to Smith.

“The next morning her roommate contacted me and asked if I had talked to her, and I said no,” said Smith[the boyfriend]."

Huge difference in stories.
View Quote
Yup.  Strong possibility that she went out looking for trouble.  And she probably found it in one form or another.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
You tell them boss.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#46]
One thing I've learned from ar15 is never take travel advice from the inbreds here.

When I went to England you all had me believing that it was a war torn Afghanistan.

Im going to Mexico in February and it will be fine.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My brother and I strayed away from the touristy area of Cozumel when on a cruise a few years ago. It got extremely sketchy very quick. It's a stop on the cruise my family has booked next year. I don't think I'll get off the ship this time.
He stopped seeing gringos lol
That scares the shit out of some folks
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#48]
stupid is as stupid does. What friends let someone go by themselves?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#49]
I see some Chelsea Clinton in that face.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#50]
= NFW
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top