Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
She’s trying to manipulate you.  You asked her to go to an event with you which she’d only do if the two of you left by 10pm — then she does something else and stays out until 12?

If she’s not responding you should just stop texting/calling.  When she finally responds, ignore it for a couple days before smoothing things out.  Then bang her once more and eject.  Winning
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a social obligation with her, her sister, and her sister's BF who I'm buddies with tomorrow that I have to attend. We shall see what happens then
View Quote
I'll be the first

Day 1
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
What was she doing out so late? He side dick, that's whay she was doing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a social obligation with her, her sister, and her sister’s BF who I’m buddies with tomorrow that I have to attend. We shall see what happens then
View Quote

Perfect opportunity before this event, to tell her to stop acting childish and calm the fuck down.

You’re welcome
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don’t capitulate. You’re in the right here and she’s being controlling.
View Quote

@NickSaban11

What does ChatGPT say about this situation?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Think about the money you will save by ejecting
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Definitely don’t go to this “social function” with her family.  Who cares. Tell her you don’t feel well or just tell her the truth. It will be more embarrassing for her to have to explain why you’re not there than anything else.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#8]
If she acts this way now then how about when.
1. You get married.
2. She has all the hormones going when pregnant.
3. She dose feel as attractive.
4. A pretty woman works along side you.

Things don't get better, they get worse. If you're OK with sleeping with your parole officer then stick it out. But remember you chose the constant scrutiny.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yup
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I do back flips when I can get rid of the wife for an evening. Girlfriend is retarded.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#11]
100%eject
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Eject
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wait, you voluntarily let her have your location?
View Quote

Yes, and texting her every 30 min too???

Wow, before OP ejects, he needs to demand she give him back his balls....
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I’m getting this feeling. She’s been the most caring and loyal (I believe) girlfriend I’ve been with but I’m just seeing a ton of warning flags lately that have me concerned
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eject

I’m getting this feeling. She’s been the most caring and loyal (I believe) girlfriend I’ve been with but I’m just seeing a ton of warning flags lately that have me concerned

If she's sooooooo great, then why no ring and a date after three years?

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

How old are the both of you?
Have either of you been married before?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Eject
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Eject

She’s trying to control you passive aggressively.
Quoted:
Quoted:

She was cheated on in the past so I give her my location when I’m out because I don’t want her to be concerned. Too much I’m sure

Again, she is controlling you passively. She says she was cheated on to guilt you into submissiveness and allowing her to track you. Can you track her too? How do you know she wasn’t prowling while you were out?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If she's sooooooo great, then why no ring and a date after three years?

View Quote

Because she’s controlling and dramatic? Or maybe he’s smart and sees marriage as a suckers bet for men?

Either way she’s hitting the epiphany phase so it’s going to get worse if she cannot manipulate him into marriage.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Reach above head

Grab both pull loops

Pull

HARD

Prepare for full eject Gs

Experience full eject Gs

Rejoice.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

33/28

No

Her Family is very religious / different race so that’s a friction area and tbh I’m not 100% sold
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Bang her sister and send her pics
View Quote

Or just eject.

Either way, never let a girlfriend have that much say over how you live.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Opinion withheld until you find out where SHE was during all this.

She was where she said she was - at a bar with a coworker and the coworker’s husband.

If she lied it’ll come out. She got upset because I told her I wouldn’t be able to text much during a sit down dinner as it would be rude so she “stopped checking her phone”

?? I see what’s going on
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:14:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

33/28

View Quote

You’re value is increasing. Hers is about to hit the wall. She’s gotta lock down your commitment soon or find another buyer before her looks fade.

Is she Latina?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You’re value is increasing. Hers is about to hit the wall. She’s gotta lock down your commitment soon or find another buyer before her looks fade.

Is she Latina?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

33/28

Is she Latina?

Im white she’s non-Muslim middle-east
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#25]
If she acts this way now then how about when.
1. You get married.
2. She has all the hormones going when pregnant.
3. She dose feel as attractive.
4. A pretty woman works along side you.

Things don't get better, they get worse. If you're OK with sleeping with your parole officer then stick it out. But remember you chose the constant scrutiny.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:16:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah fuck  that - you were upfront with her. If she can’t handle you out late with friend s when you tell her as such there’s trust issues. I’d venture cautiously And call her out on it. Eject pending on answer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:18:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You wanted her to go. She didn't want to. You went in direction A. She went in direction B. You were on the grid, she was off. She was out later than what she offered to you WHILE she was off grid.......

I'm sorry to be the one that has to tell you this but I only do so to look out for ya......She scrogged someone else and is mad at you to make herself feel less guilty. Time to pop smoke before she meets the rest of the department she's working at.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#28]
“She had my location and I was texting her every 30min or so”. WTF? You need to restore some respect into the relationship. And, don’t apologize for doing something reasonable that you told her you were going to do (and invited her to join). Take the heat and don’t wimp out here.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like Israeli Jewish?  Or middle-eastern other?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Like Israeli Jewish?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like Israeli Jewish?

Nope, Christian

and agreed on not apologizing - I won’t be. I went too far in making her comfortable and told her as much, that no matter what I do she’ll keep finding something to be annoyed about
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#31]
I wonder why she was cheated on…
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Her desire to set a curfew for you, a grown adult male, is not worthy of respect.   And should not be respected.  

She's not your mother.   How late you stay out is your business.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Eject
View Quote

First post thing yet again
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I wonder why she was cheated on…
View Quote

I told her as much, that being more and more controlling will just make people cheat or break up with her, not continue to be happy lol
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Eject
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Her desire to set a curfew for you, a grown adult male, is not worthy of respect.   And should not be respected.  

She's not your mother.   How late you stay out is your business.
View Quote

Agreed. I said as much to her. Almost those exact words.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Sounds like you've made up your mind to eject.

This will be a good eject.

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You’ve made many mistakes. Sharing your location with her is one. Checking in every 30-minutes is another. She’s not your parent. She’s not even your wife.

She’s being immature and controlling. Soft next her. No texts or calls from you until she changes her attitude.

If by next Monday ( a week) she hasn’t fixed her shitty attitude you can send a text. Something simple like “how was your weekend”

She needs some competition anxiety in her life, give it to her.
View Quote

This. X1000.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Eject
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I told her as much, that being more and more controlling will just make people cheat or break up with her, not continue to be happy lol
View Quote

Have you considered fucking her dad and sending her the video to establish more dominance, not only over her but over her entire family?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Have you considered fucking her dad and sending her the video to establish more dominance, not only over her but over her entire family?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not consider that actually. That’s not the worst idea
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Annual party on Saturday (tech company), I told her that I wanted her to go. She said she didn’t want to if it would end late and said she’d go if we left by 10pm the latest. I said that’s unlikely and asked if she would stay out later. She said I should go out, have fun, and in a joking way (I thought) said she’d be angry at me for going out late

She had my location and I was texting her every 30min or so. She went out as well until midnight, and stopped texting me for 2 hours. I get back home from hanging out with a bunch of dude coworkers at 330AM, text her goodnight, and now today she won’t talk to me because I was “out so late”and that I disrespected her wishes to an event she didn’t even go to (after I said I wanted her to)

Wise old men of GD, what is the answer here?

Some additional context, I don’t really go out late very often, and I typically prioritize spending time with her and see her 3-5x a week
View Quote

I don't like it, smell test wise.
Interesting that she didn't want to stay out late past 10:00pm, so she goes out to midnight.

Just outside in here, having to message her every 30 minutes, and that's like a rule for you that you follow, but she kinda phases in and out as she pleases Re: these "rules", means only you are living by them, if we're being honest.

She's being silly. It's ridiculous. She's 28 not a middle schooler.

IMHO don't marry this woman how she is currently.
If you get can get this to where you're not tip-toeing around 500 conditions to keep her happy, and she can act like adult, okay.
(And that might take 2 years), but this is bad news.

People who need 500 things to go right otherwise they're unhappy, are unhappy people.
Naturally miserable.

She's found ways and tools to create conditions for you, using guilt, that she doesn't really even appreciate at this point.
Do you have to dump her now? No, but you would be justified in doing that.
INSTEAD, you kinda have to grow her up, and have more freedoms, and she has to learn to trust.
Not, guilt-manipulate people into making 100 new rules for people.

Because she would do this to your children.
She would add rule after rule after rule, like bricks in a wall, forever.
Why wouldn't she?
The tactic is effective.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No way I’d be in a relationship where you have to attach apple tags to each other.  If she is that insecure it’s likely she been the cheater as well as the cheated.
View Quote

This.

My wife goes out of town for a long weekend with her college friends once a year.  I immediately plan either a fishing/range/hunting trip depending on season.

We definitely do NOT constantly update each other exactly what we’re doing.

Sorry to say, but if a relationship requires constant mutual surveillance that relationship is doomed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:25:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#46]
I’d bail
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

She was cheated on in the past so I give her my location when I’m out because I don’t want her to be concerned. Too much I’m sure
View Quote

fuck drama.

they use that excuse as a tool.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#48]
at your age, girls are dime a dozen.  go find another one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Annual party on Saturday (tech company), I told her that I wanted her to go. She said she didn’t want to if it would end late and said she’d go if we left by 10pm the latest. I said that’s unlikely and asked if she would stay out later. She said I should go out, have fun, and in a joking way (I thought) said she’d be angry at me for going out late

She had my location and I was texting her every 30min or so. She went out as well until midnight, and stopped texting me for 2 hours. I get back home from hanging out with a bunch of dude coworkers at 330AM, text her goodnight, and now today she won’t talk to me because I was “out so late”and that I disrespected her wishes to an event she didn’t even go to (after I said I wanted her to)

Wise old men of GD, what is the answer here?

Some additional context, I don’t really go out late very often, and I typically prioritize spending time with her and see her 3-5x a week
View Quote

Dude this has red flags all over.  Eject, then re-evaluate your dating methods.  You have some work to do
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

My friend/coworker does this.  We were driving back from a job and we decided to stop at home depot, which is literally 300 ft off of the normal route to his house.  Literally 10 seconds after turning off the normal route and towards home depot he is getting bombarded with texts asking where the hell he is going.  Fucking so creepy.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top